Hamilton's Grill Room
8 Coryell Street
Lambertville, NJ 08530Neighborhood:
New Hope / Lambertville
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
Hamilton's Grill Room
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hamiltonsgrillroom.com/
- Phone: 6093974343x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday- Sunday: 11:30 am-2:30 pm
Dinner: Tuesday-Thursday: 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm, Sunday: 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Mark Miller
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: At the Grill Room, the combination of fresh imaginative cuisine, flawless service and warm ambiance has the kind of alchemy that turns ordinary events into extraordinary occasions. In your home of other venue it's an equally custom experience. Whether simple or lavish, traditional or unconventional, large or small, each celebration is highly personal, and produced with infinite thoughtfulness and care.
At your place or ours expect...perfection to the last detail.
On & off site catering.
Contact: Reed Apaghian - email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: Contact: Reed Apaghian - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit our website to review our catering brochure, which includes photographs and descriptions of rooms and spaces at the Hamilton's Grill Room available for private parties.
- Private Party Contact: email@example.com 6093974343x
- Special Events: Weddings . Cocktail Parties . Rehearsal Dinners . Bridal / Baby Showers . Anniversaries . Graduations . Fundraisers . Birthdays
Christening / Confirmations . Bar / Bat Mitzvahs . Holiday Celebrations Business Events . Corporate Meetings . Team Building -Cooking Classes
Unforgettable events begin with careful attention to details and uncompromising standards. Rest assured that in the hands of our gracious, polished, and genuinely caring staff your celebration will shine. They'll be no attitude, no pretension and nary a cummerbund or ruffled shirt. Trust us to produce tasteful events tailored to your needs and flawlessly executed.
Contact: Reed Apaghian - firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Hamilton's Grill Room
Canal side, nestled in the European charm of a courtyard near the Delaware River & surrounded by quaint antique shops & art galleries, it is the remarkable creation & signature of award winning Broadway set designer & restaurateur Jim Hamilton, & reflects his one-of-a-kind signature style. Warm, soulful & sophisticated, the Grill Room remains one of the most romantic & unique places to dine in the Northeast. The Grill room's vibrant menus combine great style with a reverence for Mediterranean-inspired classics. Expertly prepared with skill & passion by executive chef Mark Miller, Jim Hamilton's seasonal offerings include grilled foods with voluptuous flavors liberally borrowed from cultural influences ranging from France, Greece & Italy to Spain & Morocco. Featuring fresh ingredients from some of the region's best purveyors, dishes are artful & generously portioned at the same time they are satisfyingly simple. CATERING at your place or ours expect perfection to the last detail.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Hamilton's Grill Room - Best Restaurants in New Hope / Lambertville ›
Hamilton's Grill Room reviews from OpenTable diners
161 reviews since March 30 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (108)romantic (87)special occasion (82)fit for foodies (74)neighborhood gem (66)scenic view (41)good for groups (28)great for lunch (14)great for brunch (12)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Been there 7-8 times. Always good, sometime spectacularSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Viking2eatDined on 7/24/2014The lobster/ NJ shore dinner was a good value and we enjoyed it,however they ran out of potato salad,coleslaw and blueberry buckle. The boiled potato was soggy as a replacement the peach cobbler was a little sweet for Hamilton's it tasted "like it was from a store". The NJ shore menu is great and a great value... get there earlier than the last sittingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KathDined on 7/24/2014always good here but the lobster dinner felt kind of like a corporate event.........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timersBonneatsDined on 7/23/2014This was our first time at this restaurant, and we were there for the Jersey Shore Dinner and was so pleasantly surprised. It was delicious, great portions, relaxing and didn't rush! Perfect. We enjoyed it so much, we're attending the next Jersey Shore Diner in August and we'll also go back for a regulard weekend dinner. We really enjoyed it. Friendly and personable, delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QuincyDined on 7/22/2014We went for the Jersey Shore dinner, which was being cooked in the courtyard outside. Because of the humidity and mosquitos, we decided to eat inside. They sat us in a back room with no ambiance whatsoever. There were no candles lit on the tables or flowers in the room. Our table had white paper on it with blaclk plastic utensils- in the dining room!! To top it off, our food was served on plastic plates and when the bus girl took my Mother's plate after dinner, the plate tipped and spilled all over my Mom's arm. When we asked our waiter for an extra napkin, he said they ran out. He was very unprofessional from the start. He forgot to bring us water and bread and brought me the wrong change from the bill. All in all, a terrible experience!!
- suzyVIPDined on 7/22/2014Went to the Jersey Shore Dinner. Nothing special. Lobster was chewy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautifil settingDori4Dined on 7/20/2014We had brunch outdoors on a beautuful summer day. It is a beautiful setting, food was excellent and brunch menu reasonably priced.Special Features:
- ehrweiDined on 7/19/2014overpriced small portions not enought wait staff and servers/runnersSpecial Features:
- a fabulous night of diningwinerloves2Dined on 7/19/2014We loved the outdoor dining experience BYOB. We will return soon. The grill house was strongly recommended by friend for a great atmosphere and great food. The staff and chef's out did themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Once AgainEastCoastFoodieVIPDined on 7/18/2014The Hamilton is one of my favorite dinner locations. As always the food was fresh and prepared with skill. The cuisine focuses on simple preparations, using excellent high end ingredients in an attempt to highlight the foods nature taste. If you are looking for complex sauces and unique preparations, this is probably not your place. The outside tables are desired and always adds to the meal. Drinks at the boat house before, and after, really makes this perfect Bucks county experience.Special Features:
- Outdoor dining is superbPatrickVIPDined on 7/17/2014I love Hamilton's Grill when we can eat outside in the "courtyard". Thursday night was no exception and the weather couldn't have been more perfect. While waiting to use the restroom inside I couldn't help but notice the middle room had reached a screaming level -- mainly due to a table of five young women who were competing to see if all could talk (no SCREAM) at the same time. It was beyond piercing and shrill! But the food was wonderful, and even the service was fine, despite their taking care of a rehearsal dinner party of 25 outside at the same time.
- foodflashDined on 7/17/2014Never fails! I've been going here for a hundred years, and I've only had one so-so meal. I chalk that up to the dish being something that wasn't grilled!Special Features:
- Excellent food but long waitJillDined on 7/12/2014We had dinner reservations at 8:30, and were seated promptly outside in the garden area. The ambiance was wonderful and romantic. The food was excellent, and the wait staff was very friendly. The only complaint I have is that it took a really long time for our food to come out. We sat down around 8:30 and our appetizers didn't come out until almost 9:30. It was 11:00 by the time we were done dinner and dessert. Luckily we weren't in a rush!Special Features:
- always a favoriteSophieDined on 7/12/2014As usual, Hamilton's Grill Room was outstanding in almost every way. We have been visiting Hamilton's for at least 20 years and have rarely been disappointed. This weekend was no exception - terrific food, outstanding waiter - but the hostess was not doing the restaurant any favors. After checking in three out of four members in my party, she told the fourth member that we had not arrived yet and was not particularly helpful. When he pointed out that we were already there and had been there for 10 minutes, there was no apology or even concern. I hope Hamilton's remembers that their host/hostess makes the first and often most lasting impression going forward.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed this great restaurantGlobalphileVIPDined on 7/12/2014On my first visit to Lambertville, I enjoyed a wonderful tuna entree and a salad. It is is a beautiful setting and has great service. I will be back. We were first seating next to 2 large groups, and they were so helpful in moving us to a better spot despite a busy restaurant.Special Features:
- Very disappointedLeeandtjDined on 7/11/2014It's been years since we went to the Hamilton Grill but I have fond memories. Unfortunately, our party of six was quite disappointed in the food this time. Our entrees were mixed up several times -- I'm not sure it was the server's fault. But with the steak au poivre, we were urged to upgrade to a New York strip steak, rather than the Delmonico steak. What four of us had was certainly not a New York Strip. I was given the wrong sauce/order, and sent it back saying "this is also not a New York strip." It was returned to me, a little more well done, with a different sauce. When I said "this is not a New York Strip, the waitress said under her breath "you definitely know your food."Special Features:
- outstandingMediocrityRulesDined on 7/11/2014Everything was exceptional. Food remarkable. Service outstanding. Applause to the chef and staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great anniversary dinner.Ll28Dined on 7/6/2014We chose the Hamilton Grill based on a recommendation from our B&B host. It's not easy to find as it's tucked away behind some shops and down an alley/driveway. We sat outside on a beautiful evening which was very pleasant. Our waiter, Michael, was personable and very helpful with the handwritten menu which is hard to read. Our entrees were perfect, I had a tuna steak special which was perfect, my husband chose the salmon from Copper River, also excellent. Don't miss this gem for a great dinner.Special Features:
- Provence on the Delawarefood4thoughtDined on 7/6/2014Outdoor dining under the stars. Great menu changes regularly. Friendly serviceSpecial Features:
- Always CharmingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/6/2014This is a favorite hidden gem that never fails to provide excellent food and service. The Ahi dinner special was especially exceptional with melt-in-your-mouth tuna and a corn and asparagus salad that was wonderful. Stop at the Boat House across the alley for a pre-dinner cocktail and if you forget that Hamilton is BYOB, you can always take a walk and purchase a bottle at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- The food was much better last yearOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/5/2014I love this place and specially outside is beautiful . We visit this Restorent for few years but last time it was disopointment with food. Food was very poor qualitySpecial Features:
- Pleasant restaurantGsquaredVIPDined on 7/4/2014We eat here for special events. It is a solid choice, but this last meal was less inspiring. The atmosphere remains charming.Special Features:
- Nice Setting but...Baja63Dined on 7/4/2014Hamilton Grill Room is great for outdoor dining but unfortunately that's about it. Service was ok but not that attentive. Tables on either side of us were noisy but that's not the restaurant's fault. My borscht was great but my wife's salad wasn't much. My grilled veal chop was unevenly cooked with parts close to raw. My wife's salmon was dry and didn't have much taste. With a $35 price tag just for the entree I wasn't about to pay another $6 for sides. Entrees came with broccoli with yellow tips which was colorful but I'm told is a sign of age. Mash potatoes were soupy. Checking it off our list. We wont be back.Special Features:
- Fantastic Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/3/2014My husband and I have dined here a few times for our anniversary. Never disappointed. The food was spectacular. The service was very attentive. Will definitely come back for lunch and dinner.Special Features:
- jerseyVIPDined on 6/27/2014Service was a spot off. Not quite as sharp as it usually is.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/20/2014Every time we go the food is fantastic and the servers friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service not what it should be.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2014I have been going to Hamilton's Grill Room for the last ten years. It is a favorite BYOB spot in Lambertville for dining with family, friends and out-of-town guests. Love the atmosphere and the no-nosense menu of "solid" grilled entrées. Sadly my last couple of visits have been marred by less than stellar service; food is very slow to arrive with no apology, and while I enjoy a leisurely meal, this lackadaisical service leaves the feeling that one has been forgotten. Will return, but less frequently and with less enthusiasm than in the past.Special Features:
- DisappointingVault101Dined on 6/15/2014I had heard so much about Hamilton and was looking forward to it for a while. I made reservations for my SO and I off his very first Father's Day. It was disappointing from the start because it was a beautiful evening and we were crammed in a corner in the back room where it was way too hot crowded and muggy while the outdoor area still had empty tables. Our waitress was very nice, but forgot about us several times to where we had to flag down a busboy just to get water. The wait for everything was very long and the hand written menu very frustrating to attempt to read. Our food was pricey and very very salty and caused us to constantly have too look for someone to refill our water. The experience lasted over two hours.Special Features:
- great spotfood4thoughtDined on 6/15/2014Seasonal menu with great appetizers and entrees. Desserts are chef made and delicious. Grilled items are outstanding. Try the shrimp and anchovy appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistentPacmanDined on 6/15/2014The atmosphere is quite pleasant, either inside or outside in the beautiful garden. The menu always has tasty and unique offerings. The service is not over the top but appropriate and just right. The food is never awesome off the charts, but it is always fresh, well prepared and will please almost every foodie we know. The prices reflect this. If you want even a better meal than what the Hamilton offers, you should be prepared to spend at least 25% more. I would prefer this BYOB where I can bring a ten or fifteen year old bottle from my wine room, than to go across the river and get ripped off on the beverage prices that are being charged.Special Features:
- Beautiful setting, food just okJnainnyDined on 6/14/2014Outdoor dining in particular is lovely. The food is just ok, nothing special or interesting. Crab cakes were a bit rubbery. Desserts did not tempt at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great open grill and fresh seafoodMGerkeDined on 6/14/2014Wonderful atmosphere and eclectic ambiance. Outdoor dining in the summer is recommended and try to get a window seat overlooking the water during cooler weather. Dishes are not overly complex and rely upon fresh ingredients and an open grill to capture the flavor of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot . . until the food cameMayfairVIPDined on 6/14/2014Beautiful location and facilty but the fresh oysters were stringy, not plump, and pieces of shucked shell in several. Medium rare tuna was overcooked and grey throughout, salmon requested medium was brought out almost raw, Delmonico steak was met with the comment " I have made better steak at home". The scallpop entree was very good. Rosotto sidedish was excellent but broccoli rabe was mostly stalks. Deserts were excellent especially the scone. Service was attentive and informed though waitress forgot one of the soup appetizers. Once it arrived (just be the entrees) the cold beet borsht was worth the wait. With many options for good food nearby, we probably wil not be back.Special Features:
- Mediocre food riding on old rep.DisappointedDined on 6/14/2014The server recommended other more expensive dishes than we ordered. The tuna was tasteless and served with cafeteria type rice. Not good! Tasteless steak smothered with cheese to camaflogu taste.
- Our favorite restaurant in NJCatfelixDined on 6/14/2014The food, decor, and super staff make this feel like you are at the home of a friend who is an awesome cook! We love it!Special Features:
- Canal side diningHorseDined on 6/12/2014Picturesque, quaint building by the Delaware canal, outdoor court, chef grills your meal in the center of the restaurant, nautical themed bar across the alleySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YcookVIPDined on 6/6/2014We have been here more times than I can count an have yet to be disappointed. Everything from the grill is perfect as is the relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:
- Terrific mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/6/2014Thanks very much for the excellent meal and service -- we really had a wonderful evening at Hamilton Grill!Special Features:
- AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/4/2014This restaurant has one of the most beautiful outdoor dining areas. We celebrated a birthday and the night was perfect. My guests loved the oysters and the entrees were great. Will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 6/1/2014Food was generally very good. Only exception was the scone dessert, which was very dry and needed some moisture (whip cream, ice cream??). Waiters were professional, albeit a bit haughty and slow. Highly recommended for seating on the patio on a warm night.Special Features: