Hamilton's Grill Room
8 Coryell Street
Lambertville, NJ 08530Neighborhood:
New Hope / Lambertville
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
Hamilton's Grill Room
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hamiltonsgrillroom.com/
- Phone: 6093974343x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday- Sunday: 11:30 am-2:30 pm
Dinner: Tuesday-Thursday: 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm, Sunday: 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Mark Miller
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: At the Grill Room, the combination of fresh imaginative cuisine, flawless service and warm ambiance has the kind of alchemy that turns ordinary events into extraordinary occasions. In your home of other venue it's an equally custom experience. Whether simple or lavish, traditional or unconventional, large or small, each celebration is highly personal, and produced with infinite thoughtfulness and care.
At your place or ours expect...perfection to the last detail.
On & off site catering.
Contact: Reed Apaghian - email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: Contact: Reed Apaghian - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit our website to review our catering brochure, which includes photographs and descriptions of rooms and spaces at the Hamilton's Grill Room available for private parties.
- Private Party Contact: email@example.com 6093974343x
- Special Events: Weddings . Cocktail Parties . Rehearsal Dinners . Bridal / Baby Showers . Anniversaries . Graduations . Fundraisers . Birthdays
Christening / Confirmations . Bar / Bat Mitzvahs . Holiday Celebrations Business Events . Corporate Meetings . Team Building -Cooking Classes
Unforgettable events begin with careful attention to details and uncompromising standards. Rest assured that in the hands of our gracious, polished, and genuinely caring staff your celebration will shine. They'll be no attitude, no pretension and nary a cummerbund or ruffled shirt. Trust us to produce tasteful events tailored to your needs and flawlessly executed.
Contact: Reed Apaghian - firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Hamilton's Grill Room
Canal side, nestled in the European charm of a courtyard near the Delaware River & surrounded by quaint antique shops & art galleries, it is the remarkable creation & signature of award winning Broadway set designer & restaurateur Jim Hamilton, & reflects his one-of-a-kind signature style. Warm, soulful & sophisticated, the Grill Room remains one of the most romantic & unique places to dine in the Northeast. The Grill room's vibrant menus combine great style with a reverence for Mediterranean-inspired classics. Expertly prepared with skill & passion by executive chef Mark Miller, Jim Hamilton's seasonal offerings include grilled foods with voluptuous flavors liberally borrowed from cultural influences ranging from France, Greece & Italy to Spain & Morocco. Featuring fresh ingredients from some of the region's best purveyors, dishes are artful & generously portioned at the same time they are satisfyingly simple. CATERING at your place or ours expect perfection to the last detail.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Hamilton's Grill Room - Best Restaurants in New Hope / Lambertville ›
Hamilton's Grill Room reviews from OpenTable diners
192 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (140)romantic (110)special occasion (102)fit for foodies (91)neighborhood gem (84)scenic view (51)good for groups (37)great for lunch (14)hot spot (13)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (3)notable wine list (3)Show More
- Perfect NightVprofyDined on 8/19/2014Hamilton's Grill is one of our regular night outs. We have celebrated our anniversary there for years. Dining outside on a summer evening is especially delightful. The recent Jersey Special dinner was fantastic. Salad, clams, mussels, corn , potatoe, chicken, sausage, and lobster. Followed with a peach pie. Delicious.Special Features:
- I was disappointedLoriGVIPDined on 8/17/2014I've been there many times, but they were off this game this week. Not sure why. Salmon was WAY overcooked. The "chopped salad" was sliced cucumbers had ice cubes on it (was it not in the fridge?) so whatever dressing was there was really watery. Service was slow. Oysters were very good but no cocktail sauce in the house. I'll go back one more time but hope they get back on track.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On a Positive Note...OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/15/2014I leave a review when an establishment is either very bad or very good. Hamilton's Grill falls into the latter category. I hesitated from making a reservation based on some of the reviews. However, my experience was positively positive. The food was delicious but the stellar service and candlelit garden setting were what truly elevated the experience from other restaurants in the area. Worth a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as goodJimOooVIPDined on 8/12/2014We have been here many times and usually very good. This night on a Tuesday they were not very busy. Our waitress seemed to have an attitude that night. My wife ordered a chopped salad and the waitress said it will be a little different no explanation. The chopped salad came out in a soup bowl and it was 80% tomatoes not like any chopped salad we ever had. The service was slow and it took sometime for the meals to come out. We had both ordered fish and both of the dinners came out warm not hot. It was just off that night and nothing seemed in sync it will be sometime before we go back. There are many other good restaurants in Lambertville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Several Area GemsJackAGordonVIPDined on 8/10/2014My wife and I spent a long weekend on a culinary odyssey in this region, which is teeming with good restaurants. We went to Anton's at The Swan, Brian's, Lambertville Station, and The Inn at Phillips Mill. Our evening at Hamilton's Grill Room was a highlight (as was Brian's) and it was made even better by the facts that (i) it is a BYOW, (ii) the courtyard is divine for al fresco dining, and (iii) we received attentive service from Kelly and Michael. We'll return for another meal or two in short order.Special Features:
- Always Love the Hamilton Grill!!!outtolunchVIPDined on 8/10/2014Matthew....the maître D could not have been more gracious...and too our waiter. We totally love the Hamilton Grill...the unique and funky setting, the delectable food!Special Features:
- Usually a hit. This time a miss.PacmanDined on 8/10/2014The excellent service that we have come to expect was delivered in the beginning of the dining experience. Once the food was served service collapsed. We went early to avoid the crowds that can cause service to slow and food to be less well prepared. I guess 530 pm wasn't early enough. The highly touted NY Strip was very average, like what you would expect from a highway steakhouse chain. The Bronzino was over cooked and had to be sent back. But on the bright side the starters were excellent as usual. Oysters, crab cake, and zucchini flowers all were prepared and served well. The rest of the meal and dining experience went downhill and never recovered. We will try Hamilton again since they usually deliver a much better experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Same old storyJZNYCVIPDined on 8/9/2014I love Hamilton Grill and have been going there for years. The food is very good but more than anything I love the setting the décor and the ambiance. The problem is the service. Waiters seem harried and overworked although never at my table. After being seated we waited over 15 minutes for somebody to open our wine and pour us some water despite asking the backs of three servers as they rushed by us without even acknowledging us. People seated after us were taken care of/served first and that drives me nuts. This hasn't changed in all the years I have been going there so I don't see it changing anytime soon which is a shame. Great place but not if you like attentive, courteous service.Special Features:
- Anniversary DiinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014We have been to Lambertville three times and always wanted to go to the Hamilton Grill. We finally got there Thursday night for our 22nd anniversary. It was delicious. The atmosphere is fabulous. The hostess was lovely as was our wonderful smart, personable waitress, Chris. The night was perfect and we shall return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible Experience!AvidDinerDined on 8/2/2014Me and my husband went here for dinner on Saturday night and had an 8:30pm reservations. The outside looks very romantic and charming however we were told that we didn't put we wanted outside seating in our opentable reservation therefore we sat inside. Inside the tables are very close together. All was going well, we ordered our appetizers and entrees all at one time. Our appetizers came out fairly quickly, but it took about an hour after our appetizers to get our entrees. We were so hungry and weren't even given bread. Our waiter finally came back apologizing and I asked if we could have bread or something. The food was ok when we got it. I don't think we will be back.
- Service?serviceDined on 8/2/2014Started off very good. Great atmosphere, great quaint bar across the alley (boathouse). Dinner took 1 1/2 hours and ALL we got was an oh, well it's the "Saturday rush". Easiest "fix" would have been comped, free something - just a gestureSpecial Features:
- Always great!SparkmanVIPDined on 8/2/2014We've been going to Hamilton's for years ... and have loved it every time!Special Features:
- Just okSnickerDoodles1234Dined on 8/2/2014The outdoor seating area was quite charming. However the food was just ok. My husband ordered the shrimp scampi and only had three shrimp over a plate of pasta for $28 and was very disappointed. Are you kidding me? We waited over an hour for our entrees and the service was lacking on many levels. We would not return to the Hamilton Grill Room.Special Features:
- Simply the best!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Delicious food, great service beautiful atmosphere. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum. Great Dining. Great Location.KristenDined on 8/2/2014Hamilton Grill is BYOB and has amazing menu that changes on a weekly basis. We took another couple there this weekend and we not disappointed. I chose to start with the angel hair pasta with fresh pesto and cherry tomatoes. It was a fairly large portion for an appetizer, but fresh and light. My entree was a Ahi Tuna, sushi grade, served medium rare on rice, fresh jersey corn with fresh jersey chopped tomatoes. It was heaven. Service was attention and our waitress had a great personality. I plan to go back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2014The room in which we were seated for our anniversary dinner was quite romantic. Our waiter, Michael was helpful, friendly and knowledgable. The service and food were excellent.Special Features:
- Perfect In Every WayEnajDined on 7/31/2014From the minute we entered we were treated as special guests. The Hostess and Waiter were very attentive. Our questions, dietary needs, and service was ideal. Then came the plates. Every dish was exceptional!Special Features:
- ef67892Dined on 7/27/2014Delicious, creative dishes. Superb Grill. Great Service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerescapesDined on 7/26/2014Outstanding experience! Food and service were great!Special Features:
- Nice romantic dinnerMikeDined on 7/26/2014My wife and I went to Hamilton's Grill Room for our anniversary and we were more than satisfied! We were looking for a nice romantic restaurant that wasn't a chain or 2 hours away. The Grill Room hit the spot! We sat outside and enjoyed a fantastic meal while enjoying perfect weather. We never felt rushed to give up our table like some restaurants do when they are busy either. Bottom line... We will be back and we will tell all our friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PipeboDined on 7/26/2014Been there 7-8 times. Always good, sometime spectacularSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shore DinnerbeedeeDined on 7/24/2014We loved the outdoor setting under the trees on a summer nite, and seeing the steaming and boiling going on for the Shore Dinner. It was a special menu option and we all enjoyed the dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Viking2eatDined on 7/24/2014The lobster/ NJ shore dinner was a good value and we enjoyed it,however they ran out of potato salad,coleslaw and blueberry buckle. The boiled potato was soggy as a replacement the peach cobbler was a little sweet for Hamilton's it tasted "like it was from a store". The NJ shore menu is great and a great value... get there earlier than the last sittingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish it had been betterDisappointedDined on 7/24/2014Usually get a great meal but Jersey Shore night was very disappointing. We both received lobsters with the tail either removed or cooked out of the shell.Special Features:
- KathDined on 7/24/2014always good here but the lobster dinner felt kind of like a corporate event.........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timersBonneatsDined on 7/23/2014This was our first time at this restaurant, and we were there for the Jersey Shore Dinner and was so pleasantly surprised. It was delicious, great portions, relaxing and didn't rush! Perfect. We enjoyed it so much, we're attending the next Jersey Shore Diner in August and we'll also go back for a regulard weekend dinner. We really enjoyed it. Friendly and personable, delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QuincyDined on 7/22/2014We went for the Jersey Shore dinner, which was being cooked in the courtyard outside. Because of the humidity and mosquitos, we decided to eat inside. They sat us in a back room with no ambiance whatsoever. There were no candles lit on the tables or flowers in the room. Our table had white paper on it with blaclk plastic utensils- in the dining room!! To top it off, our food was served on plastic plates and when the bus girl took my Mother's plate after dinner, the plate tipped and spilled all over my Mom's arm. When we asked our waiter for an extra napkin, he said they ran out. He was very unprofessional from the start. He forgot to bring us water and bread and brought me the wrong change from the bill. All in all, a terrible experience!!
- suzyVIPDined on 7/22/2014Went to the Jersey Shore Dinner. Nothing special. Lobster was chewy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautifil settingDori4Dined on 7/20/2014We had brunch outdoors on a beautuful summer day. It is a beautiful setting, food was excellent and brunch menu reasonably priced.Special Features:
- ehrweiDined on 7/19/2014overpriced small portions not enought wait staff and servers/runnersSpecial Features:
- a fabulous night of diningwinerloves2Dined on 7/19/2014We loved the outdoor dining experience BYOB. We will return soon. The grill house was strongly recommended by friend for a great atmosphere and great food. The staff and chef's out did themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Once AgainEastCoastFoodieVIPDined on 7/18/2014The Hamilton is one of my favorite dinner locations. As always the food was fresh and prepared with skill. The cuisine focuses on simple preparations, using excellent high end ingredients in an attempt to highlight the foods nature taste. If you are looking for complex sauces and unique preparations, this is probably not your place. The outside tables are desired and always adds to the meal. Drinks at the boat house before, and after, really makes this perfect Bucks county experience.Special Features:
- Outdoor dining is superbPatrickVIPDined on 7/17/2014I love Hamilton's Grill when we can eat outside in the "courtyard". Thursday night was no exception and the weather couldn't have been more perfect. While waiting to use the restroom inside I couldn't help but notice the middle room had reached a screaming level -- mainly due to a table of five young women who were competing to see if all could talk (no SCREAM) at the same time. It was beyond piercing and shrill! But the food was wonderful, and even the service was fine, despite their taking care of a rehearsal dinner party of 25 outside at the same time.
- foodflashDined on 7/17/2014Never fails! I've been going here for a hundred years, and I've only had one so-so meal. I chalk that up to the dish being something that wasn't grilled!Special Features:
- Excellent food but long waitJillDined on 7/12/2014We had dinner reservations at 8:30, and were seated promptly outside in the garden area. The ambiance was wonderful and romantic. The food was excellent, and the wait staff was very friendly. The only complaint I have is that it took a really long time for our food to come out. We sat down around 8:30 and our appetizers didn't come out until almost 9:30. It was 11:00 by the time we were done dinner and dessert. Luckily we weren't in a rush!Special Features:
- always a favoriteSophieDined on 7/12/2014As usual, Hamilton's Grill Room was outstanding in almost every way. We have been visiting Hamilton's for at least 20 years and have rarely been disappointed. This weekend was no exception - terrific food, outstanding waiter - but the hostess was not doing the restaurant any favors. After checking in three out of four members in my party, she told the fourth member that we had not arrived yet and was not particularly helpful. When he pointed out that we were already there and had been there for 10 minutes, there was no apology or even concern. I hope Hamilton's remembers that their host/hostess makes the first and often most lasting impression going forward.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed this great restaurantGlobalphileVIPDined on 7/12/2014On my first visit to Lambertville, I enjoyed a wonderful tuna entree and a salad. It is is a beautiful setting and has great service. I will be back. We were first seating next to 2 large groups, and they were so helpful in moving us to a better spot despite a busy restaurant.Special Features:
- Very disappointedLeeandtjDined on 7/11/2014It's been years since we went to the Hamilton Grill but I have fond memories. Unfortunately, our party of six was quite disappointed in the food this time. Our entrees were mixed up several times -- I'm not sure it was the server's fault. But with the steak au poivre, we were urged to upgrade to a New York strip steak, rather than the Delmonico steak. What four of us had was certainly not a New York Strip. I was given the wrong sauce/order, and sent it back saying "this is also not a New York strip." It was returned to me, a little more well done, with a different sauce. When I said "this is not a New York Strip, the waitress said under her breath "you definitely know your food."Special Features:
- outstandingMediocrityRulesDined on 7/11/2014Everything was exceptional. Food remarkable. Service outstanding. Applause to the chef and staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great anniversary dinner.Ll28Dined on 7/6/2014We chose the Hamilton Grill based on a recommendation from our B&B host. It's not easy to find as it's tucked away behind some shops and down an alley/driveway. We sat outside on a beautiful evening which was very pleasant. Our waiter, Michael, was personable and very helpful with the handwritten menu which is hard to read. Our entrees were perfect, I had a tuna steak special which was perfect, my husband chose the salmon from Copper River, also excellent. Don't miss this gem for a great dinner.Special Features: