Hamilton Street Grill
1009 Hamilton Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 2R9Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$30 and under
Hamilton Street Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hamiltonstreetgrill.com/
- Phone: 6043311511x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Neil Wyles
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private room for up to 30 people with its own bar.
- Private Party Contact: Neil Wyles 6043311511x
A word from Hamilton Street Grill
The Hamilton Street Grill is a contemporary steakhouse featuring Certified Angus Beef along with a large selection of fresh seafood entrees. If it is something a little lighter you are looking for; there is a large appetizer menu that is sure to fit the bill. The atmosphere is warm and inviting and you're sure to feel comfortable whether seated at one of the nicely spaced tables or in one of the cozy booths. The large patio is heated and great for people watching. You'll want to remember, being open late this is a great spot for dessert after events as well as dinner or appetizers before. Remember to ask about the private dining room for your next party or business meeting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Hamilton Street Grill - Best Restaurants in Yaletown ›
Hamilton Street Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (34)great for outdoor dining (33)special occasion (26)good for groups (20)great for lunch (16)fit for foodies (15)romantic (15)notable wine list (7)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (3)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great serviceChelleDined on 9/6/2014Excellent service and food will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty Good FoodkkccDined on 9/5/2014Service a bit slow tho.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding - again!DrDcaDined on 8/27/2014We had a chance to go out without our daughter - a rare treat! As usual, the Grill treated us well with great service and great food. The steak special is a real bargain!Special Features:
- Return visitGmacDined on 8/24/2014Came back for a second time as we enjoyed our first visit so much. They have good food at reasonable rates. Ambiance is nice with a good setup outside as well. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- FantasticserviceDined on 8/8/2014We took my niece there from out of town. Food service was all top notch!! We will go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak dealSandJatYaletownDined on 8/8/2014Enjoyed our dinner at Hamilton Grill sitting at the patio.. We had a coupon but decided not to use it when we saw their steak deal and went for it without a second thought; and were very pleased. Loved the side order mushrooms. I asked for mine blackened medium for an additional cost but it was not much different from my wife's medium. Appreciated when they happily substituted my wife's potatoes with extra veggies. Will go back for another steak special before the summer ends.Special Features:
- Before every BC Lions game !LinochkaDined on 8/8/2014Before every BC Lions game you will find our group of 4-8 football lovers at Hamilton Street Grill. It is about a 10 minute walk from BC Place; in summer there is outside dining, in Winter the interior is inviting. Last Friday two of our party ordered the $13 steak, an August special. It was excellent, and they are talking about returning before the end of August, football or no football. You will always see other sports enthusiasts wearing their team colours. You might call Hamilton Street Grill a "Sports Bar/Restaurant" with class ! Hamilton Street Grill is one of our prime choices for dining on other occasions, when we are in downtown Vancouver…..a one hour drive for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yet another great mealFoodloverDined on 8/7/2014Chef Neil and his staff present a local deal for the summer with cooked to perfection sirloin, creamy garlic mashed potatoes, and farm fresh vegtables for 13 dollars. Pair that with your favorite beverage and some good company what could be better?Special Features:
- Good meatVbj09Dined on 7/25/2014We had a good time. We were a group of 11 and the food and service was ok.Special Features:
- Mr B from TNvolfanDined on 7/23/2014Lisa was simply the best server ever. She made recommendations, knew the dinner menu and steered us great choices. Very good wine, excellent salad was shared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dealPigletwinnietooDined on 7/18/2014Was there for their anniversary steak sale ... $13. Fantastic! The steak was delicious!! Plus all the vegetables and mashed potatoes! Our server was great. A great evening had by all!! Can't wait to oh back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for dinnertravellingfoodieDined on 7/16/2014Went here for lunch. Patio was shaded which I wasn't too fond about. Food came out quickly and was good. Menu was small and food was very upscale. There weren't very many light lunch picks. Better suited for dinner.Special Features:
- OutstandingDrDcaDined on 7/4/2014As on previous occasions, the food and service were simply outstanding! There was absolutely no way to improve on any aspect of the evening, and we'll be back!!Special Features:
- grubgrubDined on 6/28/2014The food did not have a lot of taste. The Caesar salad dressing was not creamy and rich. There was not much broth with the mussels. The halibut was dry.Special Features:
- Gem of the NeighborhoodcanuckVIPDined on 6/27/2014In the midst of overpriced restaurants, The Hamilton Street Grill stands out as a great place for good food, excellent service and reasonable prices. The food came out hot, was nicely presented and was delicious.Special Features:
- HendersonDined on 6/27/2014The food and service were excellent. It was a coolish evening but we sat outside and blankets and heaters were available if needed. Good location if going to Rogers Arena, BC Place or QE theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014steaks were okay, salmon was dry and over cooked as were fries. The rib pasta was good and overall, the food was very average. The service was very attentive and polite which kind of saved things.
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/18/2014Always great food never disappoints and the anniversary dinner special was super value. Nice to have a great reliable restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!DrDcaDined on 6/15/2014As always, dinner was outstanding, and the steak special made it even better! Father's Day dinner at the Hamilton Street Grill -- nothing could be better!Special Features:
- $13 steak anniversary special dealKenAndDougDined on 6/13/2014Hamilton Street Bar & Grill was packed for their anniversary steak special promotion. We had a 40 minute wait for our food but that was understandable but we were in no hurry and enjoyed ourselves with another beverage while lounging on the patio. The waitress was excellent:) personable and the next time ask to be put in her section. Ginger bread pudding was yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent 17th Anniversary Promo!h2bourneDined on 6/13/2014We treated some friends for their 20th Anniversary by taking advantage of Hamilton St Grill's 17th Anniversary promo where an Angus steak dinner was offered at the same price from 17 yrs ago, $13! It was a great celebration and didn't hurt the pocketbook too much. The quality of food was good as was the service. No complaints about anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Non memorable dining experiencemikvikDined on 5/31/2014Delicious goronzola fondue starter and good selection of BC wines, but rest of the food was just so-so. Nice presentation of mediocre tasting and barely warm entrees followed by crème brulee with too thick/hard top. Service was excellent though.
- Rude ServerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/29/2014I purchased the socialshopper price fixed special. Food was really good with good value. I had the mixed green salad, salmon and chocolate mousse. My friend had the Caesar salad, beef bad chocolate mousse. However our experience was marred by the incredibly rude female waitress.Special Features:
- BeemDined on 5/27/2014My salmon was over cooked and the sauce was overpowering - too much, not a subtle taste. Service staff was friendly.Special Features:
- KLCBDined on 5/25/2014The staff were exceptional. We had booked for 12 and during the evening that # changed due to extenuating circumstances. The staff were really great cancelling orders and moving tables. The halibut was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- needing a faceliftObanoneVIPDined on 5/24/2014Visited this restaurant for the first time and all I could keep thinking was "this place needs to enter the 21st century". Menu items were varied but not that interesting. Three of the four entree's were not hot. Server was very nice. End of story.
- Hamilton Street GrillBixoDined on 5/23/2014HSG has become the "usual" spot for my lunch group (Hello $10 Friday chicken special- delicious!) and has been a favourite with my GF and I for several years, whether drinks and snacks at the bar, a front room table or patio with friends. The food is always great, prices very reasonable and staff attentive and fun. Its one of the original Yaletown restaurants and still one of the best as competitors come and go. I will continue to be a regular even though Steve has moved on after about 20 years (which is too bad as he was awesome- but its good to see some of his generous traditions continue).Special Features:
- The following 529 reviews are from the Hamilton Street Grill reviews archive.
- We found the service to beOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2014We found the service to be a little lacking, we waited to be seated a little long, we wait for beverages and we waited for our meal as well. The waitress explained to us that she was new, which we all are at some point, but her lack of training on the finer points of serving were very noticeable. The food was great, the steak was cooked perfectly, and our salads and appy"s were good. Some attention to details and more staff training should be required before it became a regular spot.Special Features:
- Again excellent food withOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/4/2014Again excellent food with a Great presentation...Great Service - dim lighting...We would dine here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverallOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014We had made a reservation for 6 in advance and were still crammed into a booth, when we asked for another table, the alternative was another booth. The food was ok - the wild mushroom tart did not have wild mushrooms in it, the pastry was undercooked and there was barely any carmelized onions or goat cheese topping. The caesar salad was too garlicky to eat. The steaks were tasty but oversalted with seasoning salt.
- Restaurants come and go inhooner77VIPDined on 3/25/2014Restaurants come and go in Yaletown but this one has been there since Yaletown because Yaletown. There is a reason for that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good - Not GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/14/2014My friend and I enjoyed the three course menus. We both had Caesar Salad, Beef Tenderloin with peppercorn sauce and chocolate eclair with salted caramel ice cream. The beef was cooked to perfection, flavourful and tender. The dessert was to die for. The Caesar Salad was a poor imitation - the lettuce wasn't fresh, the majority of the cheese was dry and powdery; the croutons tasted like they'd come out of a plastic bag. Service was friendly and good.
- A Great Go To RestaurantWinnieDined on 3/4/2014A great go-to restaurant when you want a good meal in an upscale restaurant in Yale Town. We've been going to the Haimilton Street Grill for years and never been disappointed.Special Features:
- AveragesashalanaeDined on 3/1/2014Decor was nice upon first glance however once seated tables were very crowded and was hard for even wait staff to maneuver. Wait staff was fair, only checked in a couple of times and water glasses filled twice. Food was ok-what I would expect from a chain restaurant. Drinks were less than desirable-did not care for any of their listed cocktails. Had a fair Sapphire and Tonic. Hoped for better.
- Good service but bad foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/28/2014Ordered the pasta with short ribs and wild sockeye salmon. The salmon was not your typical fancy salmon you get at most restaurants in Yaletown but it was alright. The pasta though was just awful. The noodles looked like the type you get at a cheap supermarket bulk section. I'm just shocked that they get away with charging $20 for it. You could barely find meat in the dish. Both dishes had canned peas in them. So much for creativity! The server was a nice young guy and he was very attentive. This place is very close to our home but both times we've tried it we were disappointed. You can get much better good for cheaper at Cactus Club.
- overall positive experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/24/2014Food was great, wait staff were attentive to our needs and very polite. Menu is terrific which made choosing difficult. We would definitely return againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was just okay for the price.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/21/2014It was just okay for the price. Very busy but we were early. Felt a bit that in the beginning that they were in a hurry for us to order and leave but then they left us alone.
- Great service..amwendwaDined on 2/14/2014This place has a nice ambience, great dining atmosphere, service was excellent but the food wasn't to the standard I expected and I am not hard to please. The prices are slightly above average, so you come in expecting a bit more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy a bottle of wineWoodguyDined on 2/14/2014Was very pressed by the prices of the wine. It is refreshing to see such reasonable mark ups on their wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food took forever to comeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Food took forever to come out. Server was making excuses for kitchen. Nice ambience but disappointing. Ordered a medium steak and it came out medium well and the server argued that it was medium. Then she offered to take it back. But I had waited so long to get that steak and the rest of our party was already eating. So I declined