19 NW 5th Avenue
Portland, OR 97209Neighborhood:
Old Town / Chinatown
BurgersPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hamburgermarys.com/pdx/
- Phone: 5036881200
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Su 10:00am-2:00pm
Lunch: M-F 11:00am-2:00pm; Sa-Su 11:00am-4:00pm
Dinner: Su-W 4:00pm-10:00pm; Th-Sa 4:00pm-2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Burgers
- Executive Chef: Anthony Edwards and Sagamore Blakley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: Monday: "Burger & 2 Brew" special. A burger"s best friend is two beers. Tuesday: 7pm "Charity Bingo". This is a Drag Queen hosted event that will knock your socks off. It's our way of giving back to our community. Wednesday: 8pm "Think While You Drink". Hosted by Adriene Alexander. Teams encouraged. Thursday: 9p-1:30a "Maryoke". First Thursday is Burlesque Karaoke. Fri & Sat: Three Drag Show line-ups. 8pm "Dining with the Divas" 10pm "Divas Under the Influence" 11:45 "Drunk Tank" Sunday: 10am-2pm "Bottomless Mimosa Brunch" 12pm "Rhinestones & Rehab" (Brunch Drag). 7pm "Charity Bingo".
A word from Hamburger Mary's
Hamburger Mary"s is a classy-kitsch joint located in the eclectic Old Town/Chinatown neighborhood of Portland. We serve up some of the best burgers in town along all with a side of sass! "An open-air bar & grille for open-minded people" is our motto, and so we provide a fun, safe environment for everyone to "Eat, Drink and be... MARY!" Our dining room is open daily for lunch, happy hour, dinner and late night dining (Thurs-Sat only). Hamburger Mary's is a cozy place to hang out with friends or even fly solo. Every Tuesday and Sunday we host Charity Bingo at 7pm (This ain't your church basement bingo) and it is a hoot! Friday & Saturday evenings the party continues into the wee hours as we present our "Triple D" drag/cabaret shows, shows are at 8p, 10p, and 11:45p. Our days are packed with food and the evenings with nightly entertainment ranging from "Drink While You Think" (Trivia) to "MaryOke!"(1st Thursday is Burlesque Karaoke). Whatever your color we have a canvas for you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hamburger Mary's reviews from OpenTable diners
- We had a terrific time. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2012We had a terrific time. The food was spectacular, the performances were once-in-a-lifetime, and the service was impeccable. Keep up the good work Hamburger Mary's PDX! We loved it there!Special Features:
- Not very MaryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2012We had the cottage pie and the fish and chips Cottage pie included frozen veggies that didn't appear to have been placed near a source of heat but rather just thawed out. The beef was a broken up pre formed patty (Costco frozen? I'm just speculating)? Fish was greasy and fries were cold. Maybe this is where to go after drinking rather than before.Special Features:
- Fun but not for the fooddihughesVIPDined on 10/5/2012We went for a birthday dinner and a drag show broke out. The show was mostly entertaining and fun with the only reservation being that it was a little too loud and the loan male dancer was underwhelming. Honey Bea the star and emcee had a nice voice and linked the acts together nicely. The food was OK with the burger being the star. We had JALAPENO poppers and green beans as appetizers. Both tasted like the fryer oil needed a change. The tater tots were generic offbrand and lacked the taste and mouth feel of Ore-Ida tots and were also slightly under fried so as to be not crunchy.
- Great burgers. Fun entertainment.WingnutVIPDined on 8/25/2012Great burgers. Fun entertainment. Cocktails, specifically the fruit punch, were unimpressive. Unique place.Special Features:
- Hate Free, but Slow ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2012We had a largish group (12 people), and there weren't enough people on duty - it took 40 minutes before our order was taken, and another 50 minutes before we were served. Our waiter was cute and courteous, but he simply wasn't able to keep up with us and everybody else that was there that night. The food was good, and the cause was a good one - we were there for the Hate Free Chicken Sandwich.
- We should have gone elsewhere...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/7/2012This particular trip to Hamburger Mary's was VERY disappointing, although I like the restaurant generally. I made the reservation for 12 people about 2 months ago, upon arrival they crammed us all into one uncomfortable booth. We were almost literally siting on top of each other. The food was kinda nasty, several burgers showed up terribly undercooked, several food items showed up wrong/not as ordered. The floor show MC, Honey Bee, was great, but one of the singers, Todd Allen, was nothing short of painful to listen to. We were glad when the meal was over so we could get out of there. Ended up feeling embarrassed to have invited friends to go there for what was supposed to be a fun birthday celebration.
- Loved It!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/30/2012Staff were friendly, funny and professional. Drinks were good, food was great! Lots of entertainment in the evenings. Very fun crowd.Special Features:
- We went for the charity bingoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/24/2012We went for the charity bingo on Sunday night. The burgers were incredible and I never had so much fun playing bingo before. We will definetely go back.
- Hamburger Mary's is the place to beOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2012Hamburger Mary's has been a find for myself and some friends! We go often because the staff are always warm and welcoming and the food is always good. I love Emily and Ian the owners yet you'd never guess it because Ian works behind the bar with Red and Emily serves tables with Quinn, William and others. Don't forget about fabulous Sindel greeting you at the door with her beautiful smile!!!Special Features:
- Love Mary's just wish theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2012Love Mary's just wish the service was better. They seem to hire newbies as their wait staff and we always get the newest one. Everything else is great though!Special Features:
- Great fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/21/2012Hamburger Mary's was an awesome experience! The food was excellent, the service was terrific and the coconut cake was amazing. We had a really great time and enjoyed the ambiance of the place.Special Features:
- We went here for our anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/26/2012We went here for our anniversary and my husband and I had a great time!! The bartender was friendly and helpful since it was our first time here. The food was delicious and filling and very resonably priced. The happy hour on Monday was such a great deal. Definitely will be going back!Special Features:
- Had to check out HamburgerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/25/2012Had to check out Hamburger Mary's in their third location. We used to go to the first one regularly and usually check them out in other towns while visiting. The food is basic. Hamburgers of course are the best. My chicken sandwich was overdone, over-salted and missing the cheese. French fries and salad were good. We had Mai Tais which were expensive and very weak. The atmosphere looks like it can get fun, however it was quiet when we were there.Special Features:
- From the moment we arrivedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/23/2012From the moment we arrived at Hamburger Mary's, we felt comfortable. It is such a fun atmosphere and the staff made it that way. They were very nice, very funny and really made us feel at home. The food was great...got to try deep fried Twinkies! Martinis were good, too. We talked to other patrons too who were regulars there and we were welcomed with open arms. A definite stop for us each time we go to Portland. Looking forward to seeing the drag show later the evening!Special Features:
- Hamburger Mary's was awesome.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2012Hamburger Mary's was awesome. Got right in and the food was super. We will definitely be coming back for more :)Special Features:
- Happy Spot, Comfort FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/27/2012Hamburger Mary's is becoming a regular dig of mine - The staff is vibrant and friendly and there are always events happening. Bottomless mimosas for Sunday brunch... with a drag show... give me more! It may be comfort grub and not a spot for any food critics, but it leaves me satisfied and happy.Special Features: