55 Cinema Lane
Saint Simons, GA 31522Neighborhood:
St. Simons Island
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.halyardsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9126389100
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 6:00pm - 9:00pm. Thursday - Saturday: 6:00 pm - 10:00pm. Halyards will open earlier for your special function.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Christian Hattemer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Halyards has an experienced catering crew to meet your needs and surpass your expectations. Event Coordinator Jessica Smith will organize your event to include delicious food, tasty beverages, rental equipment, tents, locations, service staff, and entertainment if you wish. Whether it be a low country boil on the beach, an intimate dinner for twelve, or a wedding reception with your 250 closest friends, Halyards will create an extraordinary event to remember. Visit halyardscatering.com for more information and menus or visit halyardsriverhouse.com to see our new waterfront venue.
- Private Party Facilities: Halyards has an intimate private dining room with a single harvest table seating up to fourteen guests and a patio in our courtyard under an awning. Chef Christian has created menus to choose from or he will design a menu to your attain your culinary goal for the evening. Chris Maxwell can pair wines or order in your favorite grape juice to indulge your senses. This "smart" room has its own audio/video package available, it own entrance, wireless internet, a flat screen television, and a smart jack so your lap top can be seen and heard by all of your guests. If this room is not large enough for your event, Halyards can arrange for you to buy out the entire restaurant for the entire evening or just a portion of the night.
- Private Party Contact: Jessica Smith/Dave Snyder 9126389100
- Entertainment: Halyards is located across the parking lot from Island Cinemas Movie Theater. Park once to have dinner and a movie.
- Special Events: Halyards participates in The Taste of Glynn annually to raise funds for the Amity House, occasionally has wine tastings, supports the St. Simon's Land Trust at the Oyster Roast, supports Cystic Fibrosis annually, and helps the Boys and Girls Club.
- Cross Street: Frederica Road
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Complimentary valet service is available Monday through Saturday beginning at 6:30. Also available in front of and to the side of Halyards is a secure, large, well lit parking lot. If you would like to drop off your guests at the front door, pull up under our porte-cochere to keep them warm and dry.
A word from Halyards
Halyards on St. Simons has been redefining Island Cuisine for 11 popular years. The Island's unrivaled see-and-be-seen dinner spot for locals who know and for coastal visitors who've heard that the Seared Tuna with a Plum Wine Reduction and the Prime N.Y. Strip with Soy Lime Butter will make your evening. That's not to say you should skip the Creamy Blue Crab Bisque or the nightly specials. The atmosphere is casually elegant(coozy lounge furniture in the courtyard and under the awning), the welcome warm (usually by name), the service crisp and attentive, the wine cellar vast (7 Wine Spectator Awards) and the comfortable bar hip and hopping. The menu is the brilliant handiwork of Chef/Owner Dave Snyder that changes seasonally and is bold, creative and gloriously rewarding. To be sure you're pleased, Dave roams the front of the house for comments when he's not out fishing for your dinner. As you would expect at a restaurant of Halyards' caliber, reservations are a good idea.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Halyards - Best Restaurants in St. Simons Island ›
Halyards reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (86)fit for foodies (76)romantic (60)neighborhood gem (60)notable wine list (52)good for groups (28)vibrant bar scene (28)hot spot (21)late-night find (10)great for outdoor dining (6)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- mediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/17/2014The reviews were outstanding. However, the quality of the food was mediocre at best. I had the Thai inspired blackened snapper. The fish was cooked well, but the coconut rice was just wrong. It looked and tasted like al dente basmati rice and it was swimming in coconut milk and soupy sauces. Just bad. My "spring cocktail" was super bitter and the wrong combinations of flavors. My hubby did not like the pot stickers. He said the skins were just too thick. Also, our fried calamari came sprinkled with mandarin orange wedges. For what? Our server was very friendly.
- JeffandSharonDined on 9/13/2014The meal was wonderful and I would return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time dining at HalyardsBigdawg14Dined on 9/12/2014My wife and I have been coming to St Simons Island for at least six years. We always enjoy the great restaurants on the island but we had never considered Halyards until our daughter recommended it. WOW, we never knew what we had been missing. The food was excellent. I have had shrimp and grits numerous times all over the southeast but Halyards' shrimp and grits were the BEST. Service is wonderful and all staff members were very cordial and sincere. A great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our FavoriteZijamom1Dined on 9/12/2014A Chef that clearly loves what he does. Great selections. Not your typical joint. But an incredible dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem of St SimmonsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014Best fine dining on the island. If you're a foodie, it's a great choice. We've dined at Halyard three times and it's consistently great. Very creative cuisine particularly their grouper cake and blackened snapper with mango salsa and basil oil. The menu is seasonal with the freshest produce and fish. Superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A jewel on St. Simon'sFoodie4funDined on 8/30/2014this restaurant is tucked back behind a 'Teeter', but Find it!! the food was very good-- interesting entrees (think rabbit and duck) along with 'standard' seafood options. Preparation was very good and service was quiet good also. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Date night on St SimonsLhgtDined on 8/29/2014We really enjoy going here every time we are in town. It's the night we decide to dress up a little and go out for a great meal. Good menu but we always find the evening specials to be the best bet. Wait staff is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousJaguars12Dined on 8/29/2014First time and it was wonderful in every aspect ! A very special place to enjoy dinner !Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014Been trying to dine there for years and finally was in the right place at the right time. Lovely! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!Rocky04Dined on 8/22/2014Excellent food and service, but there were 4 tables with 6-8 people at each that we're very loud. It was very hard to hear our table mates across the booth.Special Features:
- Had a great evening!DrewDined on 8/16/2014Food was excellent. Great wine recommendation. Staff was very attentive to our special occasion. A little noisy for my taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Island FindOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014My wife and I loved this place. The shrimp soup and shrimp tacos were awesome. The service was top notch and a fantastic atmosphere? The shrimp and grits and the braised short ribs are a phenomenonal choice, would recommend this place to one and all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great anniversary dinner!GailDined on 8/15/2014Had the best anniversary dinner we've had in a long time! Our server as well as our dinner was outstanding. We enjoyed salads, appetizers, fish dishes as well as steak and found it all perfect. Then we sampled several desserts and were equally pleased. Everyone went away happy. Great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always tremendously goodfromAthensDined on 8/15/2014Haven't been in a few years but going back was as good as memory remembered. Attentive service and great food made for best dinner of any restaurant we had eaten on the Island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HalyardsWinendineDined on 8/13/2014Halyards is a foodie Paradise. Stylish with casual elegance. Great friendly staff and the best food on the island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining on St SimonsLhgtDined on 8/12/2014Great place for a wonderful meal. Perfect for a special occasion. Never disappoints!Special Features:
- Exceptional ServiceHandDRJSVIPDined on 8/9/2014We arrived just prior to our reservation time and we're told our table should be ready soon. When it was not, we were offered a less desirable table or we could wait a little longer. The guests at our table had been there 3 hours. We elected to wait on the better table. After being seated, the waiter apologized first. We were then brought multiple complementary appetizers. Finally the manager came over and also apologized for the wait. None of this was the restaurant's fault. All this concern and great food - Ill certainly go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!edc112VIPDined on 8/9/2014The food is wonderful but the service is exceptional. It is without a doubt the best dinning experience on the island.Special Features:
- Very niceElsapoverdeDined on 8/7/2014My wife and I ate here in August 2014. The flounder was excellent, great flavor that melted in our mouths. The accompanying brussel sprouts were delicious. The salad was nicely prepared (romaine ceasar). The desserts were only average - we had the creme brulee and key lime pie. Service was adequate. A bit pricey compared to other restaurants in the area, but entree, flounder, was delicious.Special Features:
- Best restaurantLindaDined on 8/6/2014My husband and I always make it a "must go to" whenever we're in St. Simon's. We had the special Flounder wrapped in bacon and the Sea Bass special and both were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great upscale island findCook2managerDined on 8/6/2014I love the local fish specials! The wine list had a nice selection and the IPad descriptions for the wines was a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing comes close.....AmenCornerLLDined on 8/5/2014Amazing comes close to describing our dining experience. The wonderful experience began as we were greeted and escorted to our table by a pleasant and professionally attired young lady. Our server was equally as pleasant and well versed in the beverage and menu items. The staff worked in harmony ensuring our table stayed uncluttered and our beverages kept full. Our starters and entrees were splendid and consumed with smiling satisfaction. Of note were the chef and owners bringing out dinner selections and mingling with the customers. It is a well run operation topped off by delicious food well worth what we paid. We visited while on vacation and will be back....often. Thank you for the great food and warm and wonderful experience........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great from beginning to endLynnybrookDined on 7/25/2014Three of us had dinner here our first night on the island. The service was outstanding and the good was too. We loved the shrimp taco appetizer. Definitely the best bite we have had on this vacation. Everything else was excellent as well. We will make this our destination for our final meal this trip as well.Special Features:
- Wonderful experiencethwgtDined on 7/21/2014Great food, great service. The bacon appetizer and BLT soup were especially noteworthy.Special Features:
- Thank you, Dave!donandpamelapeppersDined on 7/21/2014Halyards is the gem of our area. We are so grateful that Dave Snyder, the chef and owner, established this great spot and has kept the quality top notch. We are never disappointed and always have a wonderful time. Thanks, Dave!Special Features:
- always a great dinnerDcGeorgiaGalVIPDined on 7/21/2014we had a great dinner as usual at Halyards. We took my kids for dinner there the first time and they are now hooked! the staff couldnt not have been nicer to them and the food was outstanding. Fast service and a perfect evening. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HalyardsislandtimeDined on 7/19/2014Excellent...try the fried shrimp taco and the gyro small plate...always great foodSpecial Features:
- ExcellentGroobDined on 7/19/2014A wonderful restaurant with a talented and creative chef. The service is top shelf. Our waiter,Charles, while invisible, was always there. This restaurant is definitely on do again list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealJohnsonDined on 7/18/2014My wife and I came to St. Simons t celebrate our 10th anniversary. Our meal at Halyards was a top notch, one of our favorite dining experiences. The hanger steak is worth another trip to St. Simons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014We had a good experience, your waitress Carol was out-standing, the BLT soup was a big hit as well as the Wild Ga. Shimp and Gayla grits. Carol suggested the creme brule'e - that alone would bring us back, and when I asked Carol where we could find a good Italian Restaurant not only did she tell us about your sister restaurant next door, but after dinner escorted over and introduced us - that's class with service, and since I am a business man from Manhattan, New York I would know about both and would not hesitate to recommend your establishment to my associates. Now, on to your Italian restaurant!Special Features:
- 15th AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014Everyone from the server to the bartender was informed that we were celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary and helped make the night a special one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodfoodfindergoodfoodfinderVIPDined on 7/12/2014Enjoyed this restaurant! Our food was outstanding. Really like the Fish Taco appetizer. The waitress was knowledgeable and very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambiance is excellent!ShirlDined on 7/12/2014When I say ambiance, I am not only including the environment but the staff too. It's as if Dave selected the staff, not only by personality but professionalism & efficiency as well. . . . And speaking of Dave, he is the best!Special Features:
- Fantastic original creationsENGFAMDined on 7/10/2014Service was excellent--great timing --assistance and helpfulSpecial Features:
- HalyardsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014There were 11 of us and they had our table ready promptly. The food is dependably good. The service is friendly. We love it thereSpecial Features:
- Another great mealnashdashVIPDined on 7/7/2014Halyard's delivered another excellent meal over a busy 4th of July weekend. We started with the Calamari, which was great. They we had the Snapper and the Yellowtail special, both were excellent. The service was top shelf as well. Charles did a great job as our waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melway31036Dined on 7/6/2014We will definitely return! Our meal was delicious and service was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time and we'll be backBCLESDined on 7/5/2014We had heard great things about Halyards from several locals. We gave it a try on a special occasion and all the reviews were point on. The service was fantastic, Carol our server went above and beyond. Food was fantastic and reasonably priced. We will be regulars and can't wait to try out happy hour and the tapas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Halyard'sseapalms96Dined on 7/5/2014Delicious menu choices - wonderful seasonings. Love the beet salad!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Time After TimeanonymousDined on 7/5/2014Halyard's catered our wedding two years ago and we eat there once-twice per year on our visits to Sea Island. The food quality and taste is consistently amazing and the staff go out of their way to make your experience fabulous! The wine list and knowledge of the general manager and staff are top of the line. The food an pairings are top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.