434 King St.
Charleston, SC 29403Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.hallschophouse.com/
- Phone: 8437270090
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - Midnight, Sunday Brunch: 10:30am-2:00pm.
Bar is open Monday - Saturday starting at 4pm to close and 10:30am to close on Sundays!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Matthew Niessner
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We are able to accommodate private breakfasts, brunch, lunchs and dinners for groups up to 100. Special menu and a la carte menus available.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer 2 private dining rooms for groups of up to 32 guests each. Audio visual offered in a private, comfortable and classic setting. Set menus for large groups also available.
- Private Party Contact: Tom Hall 8437270090
- Special Events: We are able to accommodate private breakfasts, brunch, lunchs and dinners for groups up to 100. Special menu and a la carte menus available.
A word from Halls Chophouse
Halls Chophouse is American-Fine Dining, serving prime steaks, Lowcountry and fresh seafood specialties in an energetic, visually striking environment. Complemented by signature desserts, an extensive wine list, a vibrant bar and innovative, rich decor true to old-world steakhouses, Halls Chophouse is the latest restaurant offering in the heart of Charleston's Upper King Street design and dining district. A traditional American steakhouse with superior service and a knowledgeable staff, Halls Chophouse offers a classic and comfortable dining experience that will entice our guests to visit and enjoy time after time. We offer 2 private dining rooms for groups of up to 32 guests each with audio visual capabilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Halls Chophouse - Best Restaurants in Downtown Charleston ›
Halls Chophouse reviews from OpenTable diners
817 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (698)fit for foodies (462)romantic (434)notable wine list (425)hot spot (286)vibrant bar scene (262)neighborhood gem (257)good for groups (235)great for brunch (183)late-night find (91)kid-friendly (43)great for lunch (30)scenic view (9)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- ownersambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014When you are genuInely welcomed by the owners, Billy, Jeanne and Bill Hall, It really sets the mood. The entire experience was beyond expectation. ThankYouSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic foodCowmurph2Dined on 9/27/2014Wonderful food for our repeat visit. The service was a little slow but the restaurant seemed very busy. Fantastic customer service!Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014food was great, service was friendly and attentive, the Hall family members who work there and their support staff make you feel as though you are being welcomed into their home, and they remembered to ask about a food allergy that I had noted when I made the reservation a month prior. Top shelf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Most amazing experience we have had at a restaurant in a love time. We will definitely be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Charleston!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014I took my wife to Halls Chophouse for our anniversary, and from start to finish it was amazing. The inside of the restaurant is beautiful, and we were greeted by the owner. He wished us a happy anniversary and thanked us for coming. The cocktails were great, and the she-crab soup was delicious. They bring out a sample of all of their steaks to show you and help you decide what you want. I had the filet and my wife had the dry aged Strip. Both steaks were absolutely splendid and melted in your mouth. For sides, we had creamed spinach, creamed corn, and lobster macaroni and cheese. All three were great. After dinner, the owner stopped by our table with some complementary champagne. We had cheesecake for dessert and it was SO good.Special Features:
- A Dining Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014This was my 2nd visit to Hall's. The first was in May for our 50th anniversary. It was such a total wonderful dining experience that my Wife and I wanted my Son and Daughter-in-Law (Brian and Paula) to have a similar or if possible, a better experience. I think we and Hall's achieved that extra level of greatness. My hat is off to the Hall Family, as they always go the extra mile to make you feel at home from the very first minute. The food was wonderful and the service exquisite. Special thanks to our wonderful server Anna for making the whole evening a very special one. Rest assured we'll be back for our next special occasion and we'll also zestfully recommend Hall's to our friends.Special Features:
- Best steak I've ever eatenBirvDined on 9/25/2014Halls will certainly not disappoint you. The food and service are phenomenal. The petit filet was the best steak I've ever eaten by far! We'll be back for our next special occasion for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service and FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Had a wonderful time. The food and the service were both excellent. Everyone should make a trip down to Hall's if you have never been there before. Can't wait to eat there again soon!Special Features:
- anniversary dinnerturnereatsDined on 9/25/2014My husband and I were married in Charleston eight years ago. We decided to come back for our anniversary this year. Reservations were easy through open table. We arrived a little early and they were happy to seat us. The owner was so friendly as was the entire wait staff. The food was AMAZING. We truly felt like family at Halls. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place with excelent serviceFeliponDined on 9/24/2014One of the best steakhouse in Charleston, they have really good service, and outstanding wine list at the city.Special Features:
- AMAZING!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/23/2014We went to Hall's Chophouse while honeymooning in Charleston. Although we hadn't informed them, they still gave us a romantic table by the window. Our server, Amy, was wonderful. Attentive and knowledgeable and full of energy. The lighting and the energy level of the dining room was perfect. Everyone there was having a great time and that type of energy is both difficult to come by and hard to produce. The Hall family hit it out of the park. The food was amazing. My husband is STILL raving about our meal. The Hall family greeted us when we arrived and shook our hands when we left. It was a rollicking good time accented with Southern hospitality. RUN to Hall's Chophouse. Go hungry and expect to be wowed. xo The ColbertsSpecial Features:
- dining at its best!RayG717VIPDined on 9/23/2014We entertained out of town guests at Hall's and it was as enjoyable an evening as the previous dozen or so times we had gone. One of the fine dining establishments on America!'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Splurged for MeGramsDined on 9/22/2014While on a short trip to Charleston, this was my splurge meal and was everything I had hoped it would be! During the day while sightseeing, we overheard others talking about how "Halls was the best." I had already made reservations for that night so this was good to hear. Upon our early arrival, looking a little worn from our day, we were greeted warmly by the hostess and the owner. Promptly seated at an excellent large table for just the two of us. The servers were extremely knowledgeable about everything on the menu. I had the bone in filet which is pricey but worth it. Just as tender as my heart! Everything was EXCELLENT from the time we arrived until our departure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/21/2014Greeted at the door by the owners and we felt that they were glad we picked Halls, food was fantastic their steaks every bit as good as"Peter Leguers"with better service.The service, food, wine list and atmosphere was definitely worth the priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/21/2014Best food, best service. Can't wait to return....love the piano.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My mom's birthdayLuv2eatDined on 9/21/2014My mom enjoyed herself to the fullest!! The staff was welcoming. The servers were awesome. She smiled and had a great time !! Thank you making her 60th bday celebration great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome.JakeDined on 9/21/2014The food was delicious. I recommend the steak and eggs (we went for brunch) and the biscuits and gravy. The service was great. I would have given a 5 on ambience but the gospel singing was a rad bit loud for my taste. Friendliest people. Will definitely gobsck to try the French toast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014I was a little disappointed the last time I visited Hall's. The Bloody Mary's were week and watery. My two companions enjoyed their lunch but I was not impressed with the Eggs Benedict. The grits that was served with the eggs were cold and not to tasty. I couldn't eat them.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/21/2014sunday brunch has gospel singers livening the athmosphere!!! food i great but watch the portions, they are HUGE!!!Special Features:
- amazingcp711Dined on 9/20/2014The service is so wonderful, they make every diner feel like VIP. The steak is melt in your mouth good. The wine list is fabulous and the staff is knowledgeable and can guide you to the proper choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit a success...Cola2ChucktownDined on 9/20/2014My wife & I chose Halls as part of our 25th wedding anniversary. While we have made many trips to Charleston, we had not had the opportunity previously to visit the restaraunt. While their cuts of beef are the only things mentioned as 'prime', the entire experience was prime! Truly great service, great ambiance, and of course, great food. I opted for the cowboy cut of the ribeye (24oz?). My wife chose the petite filet. We also ordered the lobster mac & chesse and the asparagus with hollandais sauce. Topped it off with the Creme Brulee. A five star experience all the way! Don't miss out...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceLovemytravels71Dined on 9/20/2014One of the best restaurants i have been to!!! Service is excellent, everyone is friendly and very professional. The food is phenomenal. Loved my ribeye with gorgonzola melted on top. Favorite side was the sweet corn. Shrimp and Grits was also very good. Pear martini was ok, would have liked it to be sweeter a little bit, the grey goose was pretty strong. Bar definitely did not skimp on the alcohol on this one. My friend ordered the French Kiss (Grey goose pear with grapefruit?) which was also great. My husband ordered the dry age ribeye which was also excellent. Very pricey but worth it for special occasions. Deserves to be #1 on tripadvisor (under fine dining).Special Features:
- vibrantdrharryDined on 9/19/2014Food was excellent, service was good. We were very early for our reservation but they took us right away. Table was nice by the window but it was all a bit noisy to be romantic. I would say it is more vibrant than romantic. 12 oz filet was awesome, onion soup, cheese cake are all things I would order again. I would say 4 1\2 stars. Just a bit too noisy to give 5 stars but a real nice dinner spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak EVERKingfunDined on 9/19/2014Been to NY steak houses Halls is better. The only thing better then the food is the service the owner greets you at the door. The KC steak exceptional !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hall's is the best!luv2dineDined on 9/19/2014If you wish to be treated special and have a one of a kind dining experience, then definitely dine at Hall's Chop House! The Hall family goes the extra mile to ensure your every need is met. They have a fine wine list, also. The live piano music adds to your special dining experience. Upon arriving and again at departure, one of the family members extends his or her best wishes and thanks you for coming. By the end of the evening, you feel like royalty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where's the beef?welltravelledDined on 9/19/2014It's at Hall's Chophouse !! The most delicious Prime grade, thickly cut, perfectly prepared steaks you will ever find!! Service was impeccable. Attentive with helpful suggestions without being intrusive. Great place for a special celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You must experience this!tablefortwoDined on 9/19/2014My husband and I came to Halls Chophouse for our one year anniversary. The atmosphere, food and service was absolutely outstanding! I must say that the filet mignon was the best I have ever had. The lobster mac and cheese as well as the pepper jack creamed corn were delicious! Halls Chophouse will not disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentazureblueDined on 9/18/2014I dined at Hall's for the first time last night with a friend. Even though the entire restaurant was packed, we were seated very quickly and greeted by a server taking our drink orders and some managers wishing us a good time. Mr. Hall himself personally came by the table several times to ensure we were enjoying ourselves throughout the evening. Our waiter was very friendly and helpful. My friend got the bison special done med. rare and I had the scallops. Both dishes were incredible, and the risotto that came with mine was the best I'd ever tasted. The food arrived promptly and hot. We split the whiskey bread pudding for dessert, which was delicious. I will definitely be dining at Hall's again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hunterscreekDined on 9/18/2014this was a wondefful anniversary dinner. the owners greeted us and were very attentive . the service was excellent. we will return as soon as possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedAnnADined on 9/18/2014My husband and I recently celebrated an anniversary at Halls Chophouse. I had the petite fillet mignon and my husband had the prime rib. Our dinners were fabulous and the entire staff made us feel very much "at home". We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Energetic latenitemickymotoDined on 9/17/2014It was great to find a restaurant where you could get a 10:30 reservation on a Wednesday night. The place was hopping and we enjoyed an unrushed dinner Food was exceptional without being pretentious. We shared the calamari appetizer which was the best we ever had. Owners were friendly and made you feel like you were old friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous experience!es1223Dined on 9/17/2014Absolutely every aspect of our evening at Hall's Chophouse was outstanding. From the hostess greeting, the phenomenal service throughout, the amazing meal, to the owner's "thank you" as we left--we had an incredible evening! Would highly recommend Hall's!!!! The bread pudding is to die for!Special Features:
- Great steaks and wait staffWilson1911VIPDined on 9/17/2014The dry aged steaks were excellent, but tremendously expensive. The waitress was attentive,pleasant and knew the food well. The host was odd, constantly shaking hands again and again. The music was awful- electronically enhanced.
- Great NightEddieTDined on 9/17/2014My wife and I saved Hall's for our last night in Chrleston. The service at Hall's is outstanding the moment you walk in the door. I ordered a dry aged KC strip while my wife ordered the dry aged Tomahawk bone-in ribeye. Our steaks were cooked as ordered, medium rare. I have had the opportunity to dine at numerous steak houses including Bern's in Tampa. Halls is my new favorite Steakhouse. In a word everything is fantastic. I highly recommend Hall's Chophouse.Special Features:
- Always a treatSpectacularVIPDined on 9/17/2014This place is always a treat. From great drinks at the bar to steaks and side dishes that are cooked to perfection. I've had a lot of meals here and never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingMommy1962Dined on 9/16/2014Amazing in every way. It was pouring when we walked there and as we walked in we were not only greeted by one of the Hall's who was beyond open and gracious they handed us a paper towel/napkin to dry ourselves off. The food was superb and our waitress Dina was beyond knowledgeable and perfect! Highly recommend this wonderful establishment!
- Very ExpensiveMerlot526Dined on 9/16/2014This is a very expensive restaurant. The waiter will bring a display box of all the steaks. Beware, some of them are not on the menu. The bone-in filet mignon was $68. A big surprise when the bill came because the regular filet is $39. Everything is a la carte. If you want sauce, it's extra, if you want vegetables, it's extra. Skimpy on the amount in a glass of wine -- at least for the price they charge. Good food, but not sure I would go back. Great service. The owner is very friendly and wants to make sure you are taken care of.Special Features:
- Fabulous restaurant a must tryDinerbychoiceDined on 9/15/2014I can't wait to go back. One of the best meals I have had ever. The service was above and beyond.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in Town!!lturner5Dined on 9/15/2014Halls is the Best restaurant in town hands down! Best service and food!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealEnjoyedEveryBiteDined on 9/14/2014Halls has selections that we were never offered before at a steakhouse. I ordered the Bison filet and my husband got the BONE IN filet mignon. So much flavor! Great wait staff. This was the perfect setting for our anniversary dinner. Save room for the bread pudding!Special Features: