Hall Street Grill
3775 S.W. Hall Blvd
Beaverton, OR 97005Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
Hall Street Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hallstreetgrill.com/
- Phone: 5036416161
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:15am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest
- Executive Chef: Travis Dickinson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Center
- Public Transit: Hall Street Grill is within two blocks of Portland's light rail system, gaining access from Hillsboro to the Portland airport, including downtown stops.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Over 80 parking spots directly in front of the restaurant and an additional 100 spots in the lot behind the restaurant. There is also some street parking.
A word from Hall Street Grill
Hall Street Grill: Where Neighborhood meets Downtown! Enjoy contemporary American cuisine with an emphasis on fresh Pacific Northwest products. Service is professional and friendly, allowing the guest to enjoy the warmth and comfort of the restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Hall Street Grill - Best Restaurants in Beaverton ›
Hall Street Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (45)fit for foodies (34)neighborhood gem (33)great for outdoor dining (27)romantic (26)notable wine list (20)great for lunch (15)good for groups (14)great for brunch (11)vibrant bar scene (11)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (5)hot spot (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- Waiter gave great recommendationsObiron64Dined on 8/29/2014Everything we had was based on recommendations by our waiter and he was spot on! The only flaw I found was with the mashed potatoes. The chef had made them with horseradish which could have been good but got a little too heavy-handed with it. The flavor, rather than accenting and blending with the rest of the plate, overwhelmed the other flavors, so I avoided eating most of them. That being said, everything else was perfectly prepared, tasted delicious, (I contemplated ordering a second serving 😊) and seemed quite fresh. Would definitely go again?Special Features:
- Nice placeScottBDined on 8/19/2014Great place to eat but the food is way over-priced. I would frequent it more but to be honest it's not the best bang for the buckSpecial Features:
- Great to treat guestsDeweyDined on 8/7/2014I had several business guests from out of town. Great food and service makes for an enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Hall St. Grill Best in BeavertonchampsonDined on 8/2/2014HSG has always been the best spot for a romantic evening out with your partner. The food and wine are only getting better, and the service has always been exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingmaireneDined on 8/2/2014I've been to Hall Street Grill several times and in the past have found it to be a bit unreliable and overpriced. The service has always been outstanding. My recent weekend experience was disappointing even allowing for my reservations. The menu was limited with few options. The appetiser of coconut prawns was overcooked and dry and the shrimp completely tastless. I ordered a tuna dish, and though the fish was beautifully cooked it was quite tasteless. The saucing was so subtle it did little to complement the dish. My companion had a chicken entree which was also unremarkable. It seems to be going downhill, an impression that was amplified by the many empty tables on a Saturday night. The service remains excellentSpecial Features:
- Just ... comfortablecaringcustomerDined on 8/2/2014I've been to Hall Street Grill before and was pleased to see that the things I loved about it haven't changed. It was dark and low key. Perfect for an anniversary dinner. I was introducing my husband to it and he was pleased with his steak. We shared a lovely Caesar salad and I loved my fiery chicken fettuccini. It lives up to it's spicy title in a very good way. MattB, our waiter, was put to the test with a coconut request in a cocktail and came back with a suggestion of a daily special. The cucumber basil cocktail was perfect. The pairing of flavors was excellent and it was refreshing and not to sweet. It was a perfect choice to go with my spicy meal. The first crème brulee is still flawless, too!Special Features:
- Great menu choicesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/31/2014I chose Hall Street Grill for the lunch menu selection of small plates and salads and I was not disappointed. The waiter suggested the wild boar scrapple. This turned out to be fantastic. The gnocchi was amazing as was the beet salad. We also had the millennium salad and pork jowl. I would like to try a few more things on the menu in the future. The interior is also unique!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good good weird music.razdeadpoolDined on 7/25/2014Acid jazz was a little weird but once you get past the muzak the venue is great. Nice quiet feel if it weren't for the music. The food was delicious and the wait staff was attentive friendly and knowledgeable. Really my only complaint was the music was a little jarring and didn't fit with the feel and look of the restaurant. It seemed like fine dining with a off soundtrack.I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/24/2014Food was prepared well. Our server John was above average. Everyone is very friendly. A little pricey but that is the only negative comment I could make.Special Features:
- Great for foodies with kidsscooterDined on 7/23/2014The 20 hour bavette steak was amazing. No steak knife needed. The kids' menu keeps the little ones happy. Our waiter was exceptional. This works for a romantic date, dinner out with friends, or a special family treat. Kudos to Hall Street for being so adaptable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good job!drosen32Dined on 7/19/2014Hall Street is always great. The service is fantastic, as usual. Food is always well done.Special Features:
- Hill Street Grill Beaverton ORWallyPalmSpringsDined on 7/18/2014Established restaurant, pleasing to the eye, food is above average, service was exceptionalSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/17/2014a wonderful meal expertly prepared with table service to rival any.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food but overpricedPickyPattieDined on 7/15/2014The quality and presentation of the food was definitely top notch but crazy overpriced for this area. We've been eating here off and on for many years and were but were blown away by the idea of a 44 dollar filet at this Beaverton restaurant. It had been awhile and will be longer still before we return.Special Features:
- Very pleased!AnonymousDined on 7/11/2014Excellent service, food, and atmosphere! We plan to return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014It was good, but it was too pricey for people on a fixed budget. The menu is limited for people who do not eat red meat and or veterinarian. We were given a gift certificate so we enjoyed it, but would never pay for it our selves.
- Great place, will return!CertExecChefDined on 7/2/2014Everything was outstanding. Excellent food, phenomenal wine and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Listen to your servertbcrncDined on 6/28/2014Salad was fab, mashed potatoes were pappy, asparagus over cooked. The prime rib was not ready and the chef over cooked it to get it ready and then it was not good. Wine was great and the restaurant was lovely. If I lived here, I might give them another chance.
- Very Nice ExperienceSLBrownDined on 6/28/2014This was our first evening out and it was to celebrate our anniversary. The crab dip was really good and we had the 20 Hour Bavette Steak. It was a nice portion and VERY tasty.Special Features:
- One of our Faves!Jen75Dined on 6/27/2014Hall Street Grill is always good! We love to see local ingredients on the menu! Excellent prime rib!Special Features:
- nice Anniversary.lovefoodDined on 6/6/2014We had a lovely Anniversary dinner on Friday night. The beet salad and blue cheese salad were outstanding, I would go back for just that. My only complaint is the small pour of the lemon drop, please fill your cocktail glasses full, that's a pet peve of mine, for what those drinks cost please fill them up. Other than that it was a great evening. Thank you, Becki GilmoreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another enjoyable eveningDeweyDined on 6/2/2014Food and service were outstanding. Our server, Martin, did an outstanding job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer focused with great food4livingwellDined on 6/2/2014I was in the state on business and Hall Street Grill was suggested to me as a good place to go for dinner. I'm really glad I listened. I wish I had the server's name as she helped make it even more memorable. Great with recommendations and even suggested how to change up the offering to meet what I was looking to order. My kind of place. Plus the chicken fettuccini was delectable.Special Features:
- Local CharmKCityGirlDined on 6/1/2014Great outdoor seating. Nice servers. Local and seasonal food served very well. Good cocktails. It's a great find and will be one of our go-to spots from now on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always chic and pleasant!SteakoutDined on 5/31/2014Love this gem we hardly get to except about 2x per year. We live a distance away but it's always the perfect place. A well-behaved child could be there too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MimmDined on 5/31/2014Hall Street is always good. I don't think I have ever been disappointed.Special Features:
- Wonderful birthday dinner.stormdebDined on 5/24/2014We enjoy going to Hall Street Grill for special occasions, and have been doing so for 20 years. We went for my husband's birthday, and we had a wonderful dinner! We have never been disappointed, and we are always impressed with the food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Good Dining ChoiceBSquaredDined on 5/23/2014I've dined at Hall Street many times over the years and have never been disappointed in the environment, food or service. On this visit the prime rib was excellent, though my wife ordered hers well done and it was served too rare. Our waiter quickly returned the meal and the manager served a sorbet while she waited. We had a great wine from the $25 a bottle wine list. Our server was attentive to every detail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love coming backAnjiVIPDined on 5/16/2014I love returning to this restaurant over and over. The staff is amazing and the food, always great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014Mother's Day brunch disappointing. We have eaten at this establishment at other times and food is great as well as service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- anonVIPDined on 5/10/2014We were seated at a high traffic table with severe air conditioning blowing. The waiter was not very good and mixed up our orders and was very late in serving them. I will hesitate to return.
- Don't forget Hall Street GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2014I've lived and worked in and around Beaverton for over 20 years, and in that time, I've eaten at Hall Street just a few times. For some reason, when friends and I try to decide where to eat, we don't think about Hall Street. That's a mistake--and one that we will definitely rectify. It's an unobtrusive place and easy to drive right by (and actually, I like the low key-ness of it, so don't take that as a negative). But the food is amazingly good and the service is impeccable. We're very lucky to have a local restaurant of this quality in our neighborhood. Don't drive by. Stop in and have a wonderful meal in a very comfortable atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service/food in the 'burbs!LoriDined on 5/9/2014You don't always have to go to the city for fine dining - we've got it right here in Beaverton! We choose Hall Street for many special occasions, as well as those times when we just want a nice dinner with great service. Hall Street is a well-run restaurant with nice diversity in its menu, wonderful meals, and extremely well-trained staff. I highly recommend Hall Street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok but not GreatFoodie123Dined on 5/8/2014I think the food is overpriced. We had the three course tasting menu. The duck appetizer was a bit bland, the salad was ok but relied too heavily on the onion and bacon toppings and the fish was great- served hot but heavily over salted. Our server, however, was fantastic. The service overall was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Whenever biz guests are in townTheRoboDishDined on 5/8/2014Whenever biz guests are in town take them to hall street grill. Excellent food and service. They even accommodated our quick turnaround on dinner even when we were late. Surprising dishes and menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 552 reviews are from the Hall Street Grill reviews archive.
- Always a good meal.WendyDined on 5/2/2014Any meal will be good at Hall Street, been enjoying it for 24 years.Special Features:
- Not their nightDoodlebeeVIPDined on 4/25/2014We have been here a number of times and always had a very good meal. This time, though, perhaps because they were crowded, it was not up to par. Starting with the cocktail that was just so-so our food was only OK, and the fish was not good at all. (To the restaurant's credit, they removed it from the bill.) The salad and dessert were exceptional. Our server was very nice, but again, they seemed very busy so we waited a long time for everything. If this had been my first time, I probably would not have gone back. However, we will try them again; but not on a busy night.
- The staff triedjulesvDined on 4/19/2014We appreciated their ability to let us all sit at the same table in the bar but honestly didn't quite understand why the rules were that we couldn't all use our living social deals at the same table (3 couples). This should have been an effort to win us as return customers not make it difficult for us to enjoy an evening out together. The food was fair but steaks weren't cooked as ordered (my husband & I swapped meals) and the staff was trying but clearly management is missing the boat on growing the business. Long time location with many great memories in the 80/ 90's but not a fan. Bummed.
- Consistently excellentJessicaDined on 4/12/2014I have been to Hall Street many times, but never written a review before-so thought I should. Dinner is always top notch, good drinks with fresh lemon juice in the lemondrop. Local fresh ingredients in all the menu items. Definitely the best in this part of town. Brunch is also a winner. The outside is in the middle of strip malls, but once inside they have done a good job of making a relaxing fresh ambience that makes you forget the giant parking lot outside. Service is always professional and timely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely mealLaurelVIPDined on 4/12/2014Our server set the tone for a wonderful dining experience, skillfully guiding us thru the menu . The appetizer stole the show for me, & our meals were very good too. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.