Hall Street Grill
3775 S.W. Hall Blvd
Beaverton, OR 97005Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
Hall Street Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hallstreetgrill.com/
- Phone: 5036416161
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:15am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest
- Executive Chef: Travis Dickinson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Center
- Public Transit: Hall Street Grill is within two blocks of Portland's light rail system, gaining access from Hillsboro to the Portland airport, including downtown stops.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Over 80 parking spots directly in front of the restaurant and an additional 100 spots in the lot behind the restaurant. There is also some street parking.
A word from Hall Street Grill
Hall Street Grill: Where Neighborhood meets Downtown! Enjoy contemporary American cuisine with an emphasis on fresh Pacific Northwest products. Service is professional and friendly, allowing the guest to enjoy the warmth and comfort of the restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Hall Street Grill - Best Restaurants in Beaverton ›
Hall Street Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (30)fit for foodies (29)neighborhood gem (23)great for outdoor dining (21)romantic (19)great for lunch (14)notable wine list (11)good for groups (11)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (6)hot spot (6)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Glad we found it.BearDined on 10/9/2014What a very nice place to dine. Being new here we don't know the "in" places in the neighborhood. Nevertheless, from the outside, this place just looked inviting. And, Thursday night it exceeded our expectations--with one exception. It was more that 5 or 10 minutes before our waiter showed up. Another 15 minutes, at least, for my drink to arrive. Nevertheless we'll come back because the food was excellent. Great seafood selection. And the setting more than just comfortable. Despite my annoyance with the slow pace of our server (perhaps they were short-staffed). he was very personable, knew the menu very well and his wine suggestion perfect. So, I suspect that we will become regulars.Special Features:
- Worst Service EVERdebsDined on 10/4/2014While the food was very good, the service was absolutely lousy. Upon sitting down for dinner, we ordered within 5 minutes as we told our waitress that the four of us were headed to a movie in 1 hour and 20 minutes. Apparently, the chef burned one of the orders, and they started it again. We literally sat waiting for all of our orders for 1 1/2 hours. We not only missed the movie, but we also missed the second showing. In any upstanding establishment, you would expect that they would comp you a meal, a drink, or something! We didn't even receive an apology from the waitress. We will NEVER go here again.
- Consistently excellentstolplaneVIPDined on 10/3/2014Hard to beat Hall Street for a working lunch meeting. The food is always outstanding and with service to match. Certainly the tee test is to bring guests who have never been, I've yet to leave without the guest making rave comments about how good lunch was. Great job Hall Street, keep up the excellent food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Gem808ChowDined on 9/27/2014Our first visit to this hidden treasure in Beaverton, very good quality. Heard of this place through work of mouth, but it is definitely a place I will return to. Even the dessert selection is worth trying. I only wish they had a wider selection of Oregon beers, we did not have any wine but it appeared to have a wide selection to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome...still...IrisVIPDined on 9/22/2014I remember when Hall Street first came on the scene. They took over from Klinker Dagger Bickerstaff and Petts (spelling??). I was worried. I REALLY liked the old restaurant. It was misplaced worry. Hall Street stepped up to the plate and hit it out of the park. They still hit it out of the park! Wonderful, delicious choices. Excellent service by people who seem to love what they do. What more would you want? Just excellent.Special Features:
- Go HungrybarbikVIPDined on 9/3/2014It was all very interesting; unusual ingredients in the cocktails (I enjoyed the frozen martini) and in the food; I had poached pork which was delicious, my husband had the marinaded beef, not as good. the chef experiments will lots of ingredients and it shows. Interesting to say the least.Special Features:
- Waiter gave great recommendationsObiron64Dined on 8/29/2014Everything we had was based on recommendations by our waiter and he was spot on! The only flaw I found was with the mashed potatoes. The chef had made them with horseradish which could have been good but got a little too heavy-handed with it. The flavor, rather than accenting and blending with the rest of the plate, overwhelmed the other flavors, so I avoided eating most of them. That being said, everything else was perfectly prepared, tasted delicious, (I contemplated ordering a second serving 😊) and seemed quite fresh. Would definitely go again?Special Features:
- Nice placeScottBDined on 8/19/2014Great place to eat but the food is way over-priced. I would frequent it more but to be honest it's not the best bang for the buckSpecial Features:
- Great to treat guestsDeweyDined on 8/7/2014I had several business guests from out of town. Great food and service makes for an enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Hall St. Grill Best in BeavertonchampsonDined on 8/2/2014HSG has always been the best spot for a romantic evening out with your partner. The food and wine are only getting better, and the service has always been exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingmaireneDined on 8/2/2014I've been to Hall Street Grill several times and in the past have found it to be a bit unreliable and overpriced. The service has always been outstanding. My recent weekend experience was disappointing even allowing for my reservations. The menu was limited with few options. The appetiser of coconut prawns was overcooked and dry and the shrimp completely tastless. I ordered a tuna dish, and though the fish was beautifully cooked it was quite tasteless. The saucing was so subtle it did little to complement the dish. My companion had a chicken entree which was also unremarkable. It seems to be going downhill, an impression that was amplified by the many empty tables on a Saturday night. The service remains excellentSpecial Features:
- Just ... comfortablecaringcustomerDined on 8/2/2014I've been to Hall Street Grill before and was pleased to see that the things I loved about it haven't changed. It was dark and low key. Perfect for an anniversary dinner. I was introducing my husband to it and he was pleased with his steak. We shared a lovely Caesar salad and I loved my fiery chicken fettuccini. It lives up to it's spicy title in a very good way. MattB, our waiter, was put to the test with a coconut request in a cocktail and came back with a suggestion of a daily special. The cucumber basil cocktail was perfect. The pairing of flavors was excellent and it was refreshing and not to sweet. It was a perfect choice to go with my spicy meal. The first crème brulee is still flawless, too!Special Features:
- Great menu choicesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/31/2014I chose Hall Street Grill for the lunch menu selection of small plates and salads and I was not disappointed. The waiter suggested the wild boar scrapple. This turned out to be fantastic. The gnocchi was amazing as was the beet salad. We also had the millennium salad and pork jowl. I would like to try a few more things on the menu in the future. The interior is also unique!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good good weird music.razdeadpoolDined on 7/25/2014Acid jazz was a little weird but once you get past the muzak the venue is great. Nice quiet feel if it weren't for the music. The food was delicious and the wait staff was attentive friendly and knowledgeable. Really my only complaint was the music was a little jarring and didn't fit with the feel and look of the restaurant. It seemed like fine dining with a off soundtrack.I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/24/2014Food was prepared well. Our server John was above average. Everyone is very friendly. A little pricey but that is the only negative comment I could make.Special Features:
- Great for foodies with kidsscooterDined on 7/23/2014The 20 hour bavette steak was amazing. No steak knife needed. The kids' menu keeps the little ones happy. Our waiter was exceptional. This works for a romantic date, dinner out with friends, or a special family treat. Kudos to Hall Street for being so adaptable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good job!drosen32Dined on 7/19/2014Hall Street is always great. The service is fantastic, as usual. Food is always well done.Special Features:
- Hill Street Grill Beaverton ORWallyPalmSpringsDined on 7/18/2014Established restaurant, pleasing to the eye, food is above average, service was exceptionalSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/17/2014a wonderful meal expertly prepared with table service to rival any.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food but overpricedPickyPattieDined on 7/15/2014The quality and presentation of the food was definitely top notch but crazy overpriced for this area. We've been eating here off and on for many years and were but were blown away by the idea of a 44 dollar filet at this Beaverton restaurant. It had been awhile and will be longer still before we return.Special Features:
- Very pleased!AnonymousDined on 7/11/2014Excellent service, food, and atmosphere! We plan to return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014It was good, but it was too pricey for people on a fixed budget. The menu is limited for people who do not eat red meat and or veterinarian. We were given a gift certificate so we enjoyed it, but would never pay for it our selves.
- Great place, will return!CertExecChefDined on 7/2/2014Everything was outstanding. Excellent food, phenomenal wine and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Listen to your servertbcrncDined on 6/28/2014Salad was fab, mashed potatoes were pappy, asparagus over cooked. The prime rib was not ready and the chef over cooked it to get it ready and then it was not good. Wine was great and the restaurant was lovely. If I lived here, I might give them another chance.
- Very Nice ExperienceSLBrownDined on 6/28/2014This was our first evening out and it was to celebrate our anniversary. The crab dip was really good and we had the 20 Hour Bavette Steak. It was a nice portion and VERY tasty.Special Features:
- One of our Faves!Jen75Dined on 6/27/2014Hall Street Grill is always good! We love to see local ingredients on the menu! Excellent prime rib!Special Features:
- The following 567 reviews are from the Hall Street Grill reviews archive.
- nice Anniversary.lovefoodDined on 6/6/2014We had a lovely Anniversary dinner on Friday night. The beet salad and blue cheese salad were outstanding, I would go back for just that. My only complaint is the small pour of the lemon drop, please fill your cocktail glasses full, that's a pet peve of mine, for what those drinks cost please fill them up. Other than that it was a great evening. Thank you, Becki GilmoreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another enjoyable eveningDeweyDined on 6/2/2014Food and service were outstanding. Our server, Martin, did an outstanding job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer focused with great food4livingwellDined on 6/2/2014I was in the state on business and Hall Street Grill was suggested to me as a good place to go for dinner. I'm really glad I listened. I wish I had the server's name as she helped make it even more memorable. Great with recommendations and even suggested how to change up the offering to meet what I was looking to order. My kind of place. Plus the chicken fettuccini was delectable.Special Features:
- Local CharmKCityGirlDined on 6/1/2014Great outdoor seating. Nice servers. Local and seasonal food served very well. Good cocktails. It's a great find and will be one of our go-to spots from now on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always chic and pleasant!SteakoutDined on 5/31/2014Love this gem we hardly get to except about 2x per year. We live a distance away but it's always the perfect place. A well-behaved child could be there too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MimmDined on 5/31/2014Hall Street is always good. I don't think I have ever been disappointed.Special Features:
- Wonderful birthday dinner.stormdebDined on 5/24/2014We enjoy going to Hall Street Grill for special occasions, and have been doing so for 20 years. We went for my husband's birthday, and we had a wonderful dinner! We have never been disappointed, and we are always impressed with the food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Good Dining ChoiceBSquaredDined on 5/23/2014I've dined at Hall Street many times over the years and have never been disappointed in the environment, food or service. On this visit the prime rib was excellent, though my wife ordered hers well done and it was served too rare. Our waiter quickly returned the meal and the manager served a sorbet while she waited. We had a great wine from the $25 a bottle wine list. Our server was attentive to every detail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love coming backAnjiVIPDined on 5/16/2014I love returning to this restaurant over and over. The staff is amazing and the food, always great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014Mother's Day brunch disappointing. We have eaten at this establishment at other times and food is great as well as service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- anonVIPDined on 5/10/2014We were seated at a high traffic table with severe air conditioning blowing. The waiter was not very good and mixed up our orders and was very late in serving them. I will hesitate to return.
- Don't forget Hall Street GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2014I've lived and worked in and around Beaverton for over 20 years, and in that time, I've eaten at Hall Street just a few times. For some reason, when friends and I try to decide where to eat, we don't think about Hall Street. That's a mistake--and one that we will definitely rectify. It's an unobtrusive place and easy to drive right by (and actually, I like the low key-ness of it, so don't take that as a negative). But the food is amazingly good and the service is impeccable. We're very lucky to have a local restaurant of this quality in our neighborhood. Don't drive by. Stop in and have a wonderful meal in a very comfortable atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service/food in the 'burbs!LoriDined on 5/9/2014You don't always have to go to the city for fine dining - we've got it right here in Beaverton! We choose Hall Street for many special occasions, as well as those times when we just want a nice dinner with great service. Hall Street is a well-run restaurant with nice diversity in its menu, wonderful meals, and extremely well-trained staff. I highly recommend Hall Street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok but not GreatFoodie123Dined on 5/8/2014I think the food is overpriced. We had the three course tasting menu. The duck appetizer was a bit bland, the salad was ok but relied too heavily on the onion and bacon toppings and the fish was great- served hot but heavily over salted. Our server, however, was fantastic. The service overall was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.