Hall Street Grill
3775 S.W. Hall Blvd
Beaverton, OR 97005Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
Hall Street Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hallstreetgrill.com/
- Phone: (503) 641-6161
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:15am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest
- Executive Chef: Travis Dickinson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Center
- Public Transit: Hall Street Grill is within two blocks of Portland's light rail system, gaining access from Hillsboro to the Portland airport, including downtown stops.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Over 80 parking spots directly in front of the restaurant and an additional 100 spots in the lot behind the restaurant. There is also some street parking.
A word from Hall Street Grill
Hall Street Grill: Where Neighborhood meets Downtown! Enjoy contemporary American cuisine with an emphasis on fresh Pacific Northwest products. Service is professional and friendly, allowing the guest to enjoy the warmth and comfort of the restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Hall Street Grill - Best Restaurants in Beaverton ›
Hall Street Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (28)special occasion (24)neighborhood gem (23)romantic (19)great for outdoor dining (17)good for groups (14)notable wine list (13)great for lunch (12)vibrant bar scene (8)hot spot (5)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- My first time thereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014My first time there, however everyone else in our group had been there before. We are foodies and it was wonderful. The gem was our waiter Christian. He was fantastic. Thank him for usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful birthday dinner with girlfriendsBettyDined on 11/15/2014A group of girlfriends and I like to frequent Hall Street Grill about once a month. The wait staff is attentive, knowledgeable about the menu and, along with the food, makes this place special. Every dish I've ever had there was a winner, fun cocktails and a great wine selection. We always put our next Hall Street date on the calendar before we leave the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hall Street is not what it once wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/8/2014After a year of not going we decided to give it a try again. Still overpriced and stuck in the 90s with the same old food on the menu. $60 for an underwhelming dinner that anyplace downtown could easily beat in the yummy department. The most annoying part was the place was so dead that every 5 min a different person would ask is if we were doing ok.... Yes it's always good to check on your guest but there is a point where it becomes comical and can otherwise ruin someone's dinner conversation!
- Great for special occasionsNHGA47Dined on 11/7/2014Had a great time. Service was stellar, the food was excellent both in quality and portion. I had the prime rib and it was cooked to perfection. I can not say enough good things about this place. If I had one complaint it would only be that it was a bit on the expensive side. I would recommend this place to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meal not up to expectationsPudyDined on 11/4/2014We have enjoyed several excellent meals at Hall Street but our last experience was less than spectacular. We were introducing some friends, new to the area, to a dining experience in Beaverton. Unfortunately, we were somewhat disappointed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentPuraVida4YouVIPDined on 11/3/2014We showed up late, about 8:30 on a Monday night. The restaurant was quiet and a group event was just finishing up. We basically had the place to ourselves. What a treat! We received excellent service and the food was fantastic! My wife has food allergies and the staff was superbly accommodating. We were a bit skeptical due to the few cars in the lot, but did not think about it being Monday night. I highly recommend Hall Street. You will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!CarolDined on 11/1/2014It was a wonderful expierence. Everyone loved their food, wine, service. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- Great food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/24/2014I highly recommend. The food is always great. I love the staff. Please try them. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we found it.BearVIPDined on 10/9/2014What a very nice place to dine. Being new here we don't know the "in" places in the neighborhood. Nevertheless, from the outside, this place just looked inviting. And, Thursday night it exceeded our expectations--with one exception. It was more that 5 or 10 minutes before our waiter showed up. Another 15 minutes, at least, for my drink to arrive. Nevertheless we'll come back because the food was excellent. Great seafood selection. And the setting more than just comfortable. Despite my annoyance with the slow pace of our server (perhaps they were short-staffed). he was very personable, knew the menu very well and his wine suggestion perfect. So, I suspect that we will become regulars.Special Features:
- Worst Service EVERdebsDined on 10/4/2014While the food was very good, the service was absolutely lousy. Upon sitting down for dinner, we ordered within 5 minutes as we told our waitress that the four of us were headed to a movie in 1 hour and 20 minutes. Apparently, the chef burned one of the orders, and they started it again. We literally sat waiting for all of our orders for 1 1/2 hours. We not only missed the movie, but we also missed the second showing. In any upstanding establishment, you would expect that they would comp you a meal, a drink, or something! We didn't even receive an apology from the waitress. We will NEVER go here again.
- Consistently excellentstolplaneVIPDined on 10/3/2014Hard to beat Hall Street for a working lunch meeting. The food is always outstanding and with service to match. Certainly the tee test is to bring guests who have never been, I've yet to leave without the guest making rave comments about how good lunch was. Great job Hall Street, keep up the excellent food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Gem808ChowDined on 9/27/2014Our first visit to this hidden treasure in Beaverton, very good quality. Heard of this place through work of mouth, but it is definitely a place I will return to. Even the dessert selection is worth trying. I only wish they had a wider selection of Oregon beers, we did not have any wine but it appeared to have a wide selection to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome...still...IrisVIPDined on 9/22/2014I remember when Hall Street first came on the scene. They took over from Klinker Dagger Bickerstaff and Petts (spelling??). I was worried. I REALLY liked the old restaurant. It was misplaced worry. Hall Street stepped up to the plate and hit it out of the park. They still hit it out of the park! Wonderful, delicious choices. Excellent service by people who seem to love what they do. What more would you want? Just excellent.Special Features:
- Go HungrybarbikVIPDined on 9/3/2014It was all very interesting; unusual ingredients in the cocktails (I enjoyed the frozen martini) and in the food; I had poached pork which was delicious, my husband had the marinaded beef, not as good. the chef experiments will lots of ingredients and it shows. Interesting to say the least.Special Features:
- Waiter gave great recommendationsObiron64Dined on 8/29/2014Everything we had was based on recommendations by our waiter and he was spot on! The only flaw I found was with the mashed potatoes. The chef had made them with horseradish which could have been good but got a little too heavy-handed with it. The flavor, rather than accenting and blending with the rest of the plate, overwhelmed the other flavors, so I avoided eating most of them. That being said, everything else was perfectly prepared, tasted delicious, (I contemplated ordering a second serving 😊) and seemed quite fresh. Would definitely go again?Special Features:
- Nice placeScottBDined on 8/19/2014Great place to eat but the food is way over-priced. I would frequent it more but to be honest it's not the best bang for the buckSpecial Features:
- Great to treat guestsDeweyDined on 8/7/2014I had several business guests from out of town. Great food and service makes for an enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Hall St. Grill Best in BeavertonchampsonDined on 8/2/2014HSG has always been the best spot for a romantic evening out with your partner. The food and wine are only getting better, and the service has always been exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingmaireneDined on 8/2/2014I've been to Hall Street Grill several times and in the past have found it to be a bit unreliable and overpriced. The service has always been outstanding. My recent weekend experience was disappointing even allowing for my reservations. The menu was limited with few options. The appetiser of coconut prawns was overcooked and dry and the shrimp completely tastless. I ordered a tuna dish, and though the fish was beautifully cooked it was quite tasteless. The saucing was so subtle it did little to complement the dish. My companion had a chicken entree which was also unremarkable. It seems to be going downhill, an impression that was amplified by the many empty tables on a Saturday night. The service remains excellentSpecial Features:
- Just ... comfortablecaringcustomerDined on 8/2/2014I've been to Hall Street Grill before and was pleased to see that the things I loved about it haven't changed. It was dark and low key. Perfect for an anniversary dinner. I was introducing my husband to it and he was pleased with his steak. We shared a lovely Caesar salad and I loved my fiery chicken fettuccini. It lives up to it's spicy title in a very good way. MattB, our waiter, was put to the test with a coconut request in a cocktail and came back with a suggestion of a daily special. The cucumber basil cocktail was perfect. The pairing of flavors was excellent and it was refreshing and not to sweet. It was a perfect choice to go with my spicy meal. The first crème brulee is still flawless, too!Special Features:
- Great menu choicesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/31/2014I chose Hall Street Grill for the lunch menu selection of small plates and salads and I was not disappointed. The waiter suggested the wild boar scrapple. This turned out to be fantastic. The gnocchi was amazing as was the beet salad. We also had the millennium salad and pork jowl. I would like to try a few more things on the menu in the future. The interior is also unique!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 580 reviews are from the Hall Street Grill reviews archive.
- Good good weird music.razdeadpoolDined on 7/25/2014Acid jazz was a little weird but once you get past the muzak the venue is great. Nice quiet feel if it weren't for the music. The food was delicious and the wait staff was attentive friendly and knowledgeable. Really my only complaint was the music was a little jarring and didn't fit with the feel and look of the restaurant. It seemed like fine dining with a off soundtrack.I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/24/2014Food was prepared well. Our server John was above average. Everyone is very friendly. A little pricey but that is the only negative comment I could make.Special Features:
- Great for foodies with kidsscooterDined on 7/23/2014The 20 hour bavette steak was amazing. No steak knife needed. The kids' menu keeps the little ones happy. Our waiter was exceptional. This works for a romantic date, dinner out with friends, or a special family treat. Kudos to Hall Street for being so adaptable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good job!drosen32Dined on 7/19/2014Hall Street is always great. The service is fantastic, as usual. Food is always well done.Special Features:
- Hill Street Grill Beaverton ORWallyPalmSpringsDined on 7/18/2014Established restaurant, pleasing to the eye, food is above average, service was exceptionalSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/17/2014a wonderful meal expertly prepared with table service to rival any.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food but overpricedPickyPattieDined on 7/15/2014The quality and presentation of the food was definitely top notch but crazy overpriced for this area. We've been eating here off and on for many years and were but were blown away by the idea of a 44 dollar filet at this Beaverton restaurant. It had been awhile and will be longer still before we return.Special Features:
- Very pleased!AnonymousDined on 7/11/2014Excellent service, food, and atmosphere! We plan to return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014It was good, but it was too pricey for people on a fixed budget. The menu is limited for people who do not eat red meat and or veterinarian. We were given a gift certificate so we enjoyed it, but would never pay for it our selves.
- Great place, will return!CertExecChefDined on 7/2/2014Everything was outstanding. Excellent food, phenomenal wine and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Listen to your servertbcrncDined on 6/28/2014Salad was fab, mashed potatoes were pappy, asparagus over cooked. The prime rib was not ready and the chef over cooked it to get it ready and then it was not good. Wine was great and the restaurant was lovely. If I lived here, I might give them another chance.
- Very Nice ExperienceSLBrownDined on 6/28/2014This was our first evening out and it was to celebrate our anniversary. The crab dip was really good and we had the 20 Hour Bavette Steak. It was a nice portion and VERY tasty.Special Features:
- One of our Faves!Jen75Dined on 6/27/2014Hall Street Grill is always good! We love to see local ingredients on the menu! Excellent prime rib!Special Features:
- nice Anniversary.lovefoodDined on 6/6/2014We had a lovely Anniversary dinner on Friday night. The beet salad and blue cheese salad were outstanding, I would go back for just that. My only complaint is the small pour of the lemon drop, please fill your cocktail glasses full, that's a pet peve of mine, for what those drinks cost please fill them up. Other than that it was a great evening. Thank you, Becki GilmoreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another enjoyable eveningDeweyDined on 6/2/2014Food and service were outstanding. Our server, Martin, did an outstanding job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer focused with great food4livingwellDined on 6/2/2014I was in the state on business and Hall Street Grill was suggested to me as a good place to go for dinner. I'm really glad I listened. I wish I had the server's name as she helped make it even more memorable. Great with recommendations and even suggested how to change up the offering to meet what I was looking to order. My kind of place. Plus the chicken fettuccini was delectable.Special Features:
- Local CharmKCityGirlDined on 6/1/2014Great outdoor seating. Nice servers. Local and seasonal food served very well. Good cocktails. It's a great find and will be one of our go-to spots from now on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always chic and pleasant!SteakoutDined on 5/31/2014Love this gem we hardly get to except about 2x per year. We live a distance away but it's always the perfect place. A well-behaved child could be there too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MimmDined on 5/31/2014Hall Street is always good. I don't think I have ever been disappointed.Special Features: