1 High Street
Dobbs Ferry, NY 10522Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://halfmoonhudson.com/
- Phone: 9146934130
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:45am - 2:30pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:45am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Sal Sprufero
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: On New Years Eve, first seating is between 5pm-8pm. The price is $72 + Tax+ 20% Gratuity=$91.71. The second seating is from 830pm-130am, pricing is $153+Tax+20% Gratuity=$194.88. If there are any questions, Half Moon will handle all questions concerning the matter.
A word from Half Moon
Half Moon is a casual American Restaurant serving Hudson Valley produce, Montauk seafood, ceviches, and raw bar. The Beach Bar located outside offers unsurpassed views of the Hudson and Manhattan Skyline. The North patio offers guests full service dining, the South patio provides guests with a limited menu .Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Half Moon - Best Restaurants in Dobbs Ferry ›
Half Moon reviews from OpenTable diners
433 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (373)great for outdoor dining (336)special occasion (221)romantic (191)good for groups (166)great for brunch (131)great for lunch (104)neighborhood gem (96)fit for foodies (92)vibrant bar scene (72)hot spot (62)kid-friendly (53)late-night find (45)notable wine list (38)Show More
- Place to pick up your spirits...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2014WE have loved this restaurant since it was the Chart House because of the ambiance and scenic views, we aren't foodies. Our experience this week did not disappoint in these areas, in fact the "Spirits"--wine, in particular, was excellent. Our birthday girl from Europe was delighted with this place. Our charming excellent waiter Sergio had a lovely birthday greeting written in chocolate on her plate surrounding an amazing special dessert. Two of the three main courses were very good--the PRime rib special. I had the Chicken Milanese with a strong bitter greens salad. Unfortunately the lemon/vinegar dressing was too sour. It somehow saturated the chicken dish and nearly ruined it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The view is amazing,not the serviceksniderVIPDined on 9/14/2014We dined on a Sunday evening at 6:30 and had an amazing view of the sunset. The food was decent- good baked clams and oysters- but not worth NYC prices. Also, service was almost non-existent. We got bread, but had to wait 10 minutes for olive oil. My second glass of wine never arrived and the food came out almost 1/2 an hour after ordering. It was a pretty spot, but we won't make the trip from NYC againSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2014Fantastic time! Food was superb as was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice little gemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2014This is a great restaurant with a fabulous view of the river, service is friendly and accommodating. Will recommend to friends.Special Features:
- Great view, so so serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014On a nice day, view was excellent, overlooking the river. Food was quite good. Service was notably not great. Restaurant is convenient to train station for those coming out of the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Views!LoveSushiDined on 9/14/2014The views are spectacular. The portions are generous. The staff is very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GaryDined on 9/13/2014Nothing spectacular. Average food, average service and noisy. Not worth the price charged.Special Features:
- no valet service, too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Even with GPS, restaurant was not easy to find. It was raining and they did not have a valet service. Nice view of the Hudson River. The waiter was not very attentative, when he tried to explain the menu and specials, it was very difficult to hear him over all the noise. Sounded more like a bar than a upscale restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrificSaturdaynightfolksDined on 9/13/2014Our waiter was a vibrant knowledgeable young man with great smile and fee bad I can't remember his name. Service perfect, food very good and a river view to put it all together. Love your Sangria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was not disappointedwheezyDined on 9/13/2014There was a group of eight of us & not one person was disappointed, nor had any complaints of their entrees. The waitress was very attentive & was excellent in assuring everyone was happy. She accommodated our special request without skipping a beat ( two of us asked her to give us a separate bill for another bottle of wine). She also heard us wishing one of the people in the party Happy Birthday. At the end of the meal without our asking she brought that individual a dessert with a candle & we all sang Happy Birthday. The views of the Hudson River are phenomenal. The entire dining room's back wall consists of windows to enjoy the view. They have a large deck & outside bar to take in the views as well. Noise is a problem in din roomSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/12/2014Visited Half Moon on Friday, September 12 to celebrate cousin's birthday. We were all very satisfied with the sangria, food and dessert. Afterwards we spent some time outdoors and it was perfect as well. The service was great. My guests were enchanted with everything.Special Features:
- Wonderful views, food disappointsluvnycVIPDined on 9/12/2014With incredible views of the Hudson River and The Palisades, one would have expected the food to come in at second place. Came in last. Caesar salad was overdressed and the accompanying grilled Chicken Breast was overlooked, dry and tough. Even the ice tea had little flavor. Get a new chef!Special Features:
- Beautiful SpotFashionista365Dined on 9/7/2014Fabulous location on the water. Fun and energetic atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't beat the viewsJmackDined on 9/7/2014I assume the food was find, but I was too distracted by the views and the gorgeous day to pay much attention. We were a party of four having brunch. Everyone seemed happy with his/her choice. I ordered the bagel all-the-way, which was very good (could use capers, though). But, again, good friends, fabulous view -- at the Half Moon the food becomes incidental. We will be back again and again.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceCarolFDined on 9/7/2014The brunch menu is great! There is something for everyone from child to cult. The food was served quickly and everything was delicious. I would recommend this brunch for a wonderful Sunday afternoon with friends and family or just as a romantic brunch with a spouse.Special Features:
- Saturday night:treatedlikecattleDined on 9/6/2014We had a 7:30 reservation and were not seated until well after 8:10 . I asked if we could sit outside while we waited for the table but was told that if we sat outside to wait than we would have to stay outside. I did not understand why they would not have moved us inside once our table was ready. Instead we four in my party waited in the front lobby with only three available seats. Once inside and seated we found the restaurant was quite noisy. In addition the hard bread roll presented was well over done (charred and black on the outside).Special Features:
- Nice view/terrible service and foodJohnBlazeDined on 9/5/2014Beautiful location. Perfect to watch sun go down over the water. Bartender made me drinks first then out ice in it? Pretty sure that shortcut cost me another round bc it was terrible. Had simple chicken dish. Completely unseasoned. My date liked calamari but the shrimp tacos were nothing special. I left most of my plate untouchedSpecial Features:
- bjordan589Dined on 9/4/2014My wife and I met my boss for dinner there. He is from the Mid-West and wanted something different. He got a real treat. The views are fantastic. We could see Manhattan and George Washington Bridge from one side and the Tappan Zee on the other. When it lit up at night it was striking.The food was aslo fantastic. The salmon was cooked perfectly. It was seared on one side and moist all the way through. My boss commented that it was one of the best salmon dished he has ever had. The service was excellent. They did not hover over you but were attentive to our needs. Dining was leisurely and everyone enjoyed themselves. My boss mentioned that we should come here again when he is back in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unfortunate confluences...OceanViewDined on 9/3/2014We arrived to find that Half Moon wasn't seating people outside on the deck for full dinner service (as they done for the past five year's we've gone) because it wasn't a weekend. The outside seating have a limited "light fare," basically bar food. We came for a birthday dinner, not a hamburger. What took the cake, so to speak, was the poor service from the waiter. He was hard to find when we needed him, and then was as unfriendly as they come. It was so bad that we didn't leave ANY tip, a first for m e.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere and mini getawayGoodvibesDined on 9/1/2014The atmosphere and beautiful scenic view overlooking the Hudson is a great way to get away from the hustle and bustle of NYC to enjoy a nice day or night out for friends, family, or with a significant other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come for the views and atmosphereTygrlVIPDined on 8/31/2014Seven of us had lunch here since we were in the Hudson Valley to visit a nearby attraction. Wonderful ambiance on the Hudson, service was very efficient, we had a great server. There were not a great number of options in the area but this was one of the better ones.Special Features:
- ok food, great view, not worth itLGFoxDined on 8/31/2014went for brunch with my friends. The setting is beautiful and we could get a table outside, but it was a VERY humid day, so we opted for inside. The food is just OK, really overpriced and nothing special. The service was just OK too. The guy who poured water in our glasses, spilled the water and pieces of ice on the table - didn't apologize and didn't clean it up! The waitress was nice enough. If you want an exceptional food with great views, go to X2O in Yonkers. It is also located right on Hudson and the food is delicious and presentation of it exceptional too.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/30/2014always enjoy the view and ambiance here. food and service goodSpecial Features:
- GordoGordoLikesDined on 8/30/2014great Hudson River view. Fine service and food. If you eat inside on a warm humid day you may need to ask them to turn AC down. Our table was next to a window and three was a vent next to our table. Very cold air until asked to turn off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much improved since last visitOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014Great view of the Hudson river - the food was much better than the last time we visited. Great place to get drinks and tapasSpecial Features:
- Longest dinner everAlfrescoDined on 8/29/2014We decided to wait the hour for an outside table. After an hour and a half wait after my husband asked what happened to the "only an hour wait"? The hostess said she texted my cell phone and they've been waiting for us. I'm still waiting for the text! Anyway after we sat down after 8:00 having a 6:30 reservation it was too cold, too dark to see the view and the service was way too slow! The menu wasn't impressive at all as far as food choices and once the food was served our party of 6 didn't think the food was that good. Same with the desserts. However, the drinks and the sunset was amazing! I could have had that in my back yard though. Parking was also annoying! Don't think we will be back anytime soon.Special Features:
- good view but mediocre foodsnowbeeDined on 8/29/2014beautiful setting over looking the Hudson river. HOwever the lunch menu is limited and the food is really just not good. Would not recommend it for anyone.
- Not badOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/28/2014Love the venue. Food pretty good but nothing special and prices have crept way beyond their cooking grade.Special Features:
- RoseDined on 8/27/2014beautiful outdoor scene on the water. very limited menu.Special Features:
- LOVEX2ODined on 8/24/2014Our relatives from Florida were very impressed. That thought the prices were good and they loved the food and, of course, the view. The next time they visit, we will definitely visit Half Moon again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for all occassionskitcatDined on 8/24/2014The outdoor seating here is phenominal! Views of the Hudson river that you can see all the way to manhattan. food is wonderful!Special Features:
- Great View, Exceptional FoodN5YUSADined on 8/23/2014Half Moon continues to be my go to spot. I have never been disappointed. The Food And Staff Are Exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NightWestchestercoupleDined on 8/23/2014Went out to dinner with my wife and everything was great. We were seated right away, outside as we desired. The service was friendly and attentive. The food arrived hot and very well prepared. It was tasty plentiful. Afterwards at the bar, we bumped into some family and friends and spent the night drinking, talking and having a great time with the view of the Palisades and George Washington and Tappan Zee Bridge in the background. I would definitely recommend this place to my closest friend and we are planning to return real soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family birthday dinnerEllenTDined on 8/23/2014We had 12 people for an early Saturday birthday dinner. The place is beautiful, fantastic view inside and out. Menu had good variety. Prices were reasonable for quality and selection. (The fixed price menus for holidays are much more expensive, especially for a large group.) Service was friendly, patient, and responsive. A lovely evening.Special Features:
- Good Food/Gorgeous ViewSergioDined on 8/22/2014If you're looking for a casual elegant place to relax & enjoy good food & a good meal - then look no further than Half Moon. One of Westchester's hottest spots. This restaurant's got it all - romantic ambience, beautiful views of the Hudson (indoors and out), and food to satisfy the connoisseur of foodie's. Duck taco appetizer is a favorite. Bar tender mixes a mean drink as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great river viewsHelsDined on 8/22/2014Went there with a couple colleagues. Great location right on the water, and food was pretty good too - I was happy with my salad, and my colleagues were happy with their sandwishes and really liked the fries. Not a very fancy menu, but offers enough variety and food is tasty. Service was good, but a bit too slow to be great for a business lunch. Though to be fair, they don't try to be a business lunch place.Special Features:
- worth the waitasquareDined on 8/21/2014Sometimes you have to wait to get a table with a view at the Half Moon. But it is worth it Nice staff ,good food and great atmosphere and view. Make reservations please.Special Features:
- BeautifulGigiDined on 8/20/2014Stumbled upon the is low key spot and it was fantastic! Service was great, beautiful view and the food was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT Food and a GREAT ViewMaudeDined on 8/20/2014We've been to Half Moon for brunch, which we also highly recommend, but this was our first time for lunch. We had lobster rolls to start. We always have them when we're in Maine and these were equal to the best we've ever had there. Two of us had the prime rib wedge sandwich. The prime rib was perfectly prepared and the caramelized onions, sauteed mushrooms and Swiss cheese were perfect toppers - all on the best roll. The pineapple slaw was very tasty - and then there were the shoestring fries. I'm not a big fan of fries, but these were outstanding, the best I've ever eaten! The third member of our party had the pastrami on rye which was as good as any from a New York deli. To sum it up - GREAT food, GREAT view - the perfect combination!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first experience at Half MoonStookyDined on 8/19/2014enjoyed the evening, food was good, service was good, atmo great. ordered the tuna from menu, asked for medium rare, it came out rare. Think the chef was rushed or wait staff forgot to specify. It was very good as it was, but not medium rare. Great scenery there with wonderful views of river and bridges (far away) Other order was salmon and it was very satisfying. We'll go back for another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.