1 High Street
Dobbs Ferry, NY 10522Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://halfmoonhudson.com/
- Phone: 9146934130
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:45am - 2:30pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:45am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Sal Sprufero
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: On New Years Eve, first seating is between 5pm-8pm. The price is $72 + Tax+ 20% Gratuity=$91.71. The second seating is from 830pm-130am, pricing is $153+Tax+20% Gratuity=$194.88. If there are any questions, Half Moon will handle all questions concerning the matter.
A word from Half Moon
Half Moon is a casual American Restaurant serving Hudson Valley produce, Montauk seafood, ceviches, and raw bar. The Beach Bar located outside offers unsurpassed views of the Hudson and Manhattan Skyline. The North patio offers guests full service dining, the South patio provides guests with a limited menu .Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Half Moon - Best Restaurants in Dobbs Ferry ›
Half Moon reviews from OpenTable diners
417 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (366)great for outdoor dining (321)special occasion (221)romantic (190)good for groups (159)great for brunch (131)great for lunch (105)neighborhood gem (96)fit for foodies (90)vibrant bar scene (71)hot spot (62)kid-friendly (55)late-night find (45)notable wine list (40)Show More
- LOVEX2ODined on 8/24/2014Our relatives from Florida were very impressed. That thought the prices were good and they loved the food and, of course, the view. The next time they visit, we will definitely visit Half Moon again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for all occassionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014The outdoor seating here is phenominal! Views of the Hudson river that you can see all the way to manhattan. food is wonderful!Special Features:
- Great View, Exceptional FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/23/2014Half Moon continues to be my go to spot. I have never been disappointed. The Food And Staff Are Exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family birthday dinnerEllenTDined on 8/23/2014We had 12 people for an early Saturday birthday dinner. The place is beautiful, fantastic view inside and out. Menu had good variety. Prices were reasonable for quality and selection. (The fixed price menus for holidays are much more expensive, especially for a large group.) Service was friendly, patient, and responsive. A lovely evening.Special Features:
- Good Food/Gorgeous ViewSergioDined on 8/22/2014If you're looking for a casual elegant place to relax & enjoy good food & a good meal - then look no further than Half Moon. One of Westchester's hottest spots. This restaurant's got it all - romantic ambience, beautiful views of the Hudson (indoors and out), and food to satisfy the connoisseur of foodie's. Duck taco appetizer is a favorite. Bar tender mixes a mean drink as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth the waitasquareDined on 8/21/2014Sometimes you have to wait to get a table with a view at the Half Moon. But it is worth it Nice staff ,good food and great atmosphere and view. Make reservations please.Special Features:
- BeautifulGigiDined on 8/20/2014Stumbled upon the is low key spot and it was fantastic! Service was great, beautiful view and the food was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT Food and a GREAT ViewMaudeDined on 8/20/2014We've been to Half Moon for brunch, which we also highly recommend, but this was our first time for lunch. We had lobster rolls to start. We always have them when we're in Maine and these were equal to the best we've ever had there. Two of us had the prime rib wedge sandwich. The prime rib was perfectly prepared and the caramelized onions, sauteed mushrooms and Swiss cheese were perfect toppers - all on the best roll. The pineapple slaw was very tasty - and then there were the shoestring fries. I'm not a big fan of fries, but these were outstanding, the best I've ever eaten! The third member of our party had the pastrami on rye which was as good as any from a New York deli. To sum it up - GREAT food, GREAT view - the perfect combination!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first experience at Half MoonStookyDined on 8/19/2014enjoyed the evening, food was good, service was good, atmo great. ordered the tuna from menu, asked for medium rare, it came out rare. Think the chef was rushed or wait staff forgot to specify. It was very good as it was, but not medium rare. Great scenery there with wonderful views of river and bridges (far away) Other order was salmon and it was very satisfying. We'll go back for another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor Enjoymentnickname1VIPDined on 8/19/2014Food is above average, although a bit pricey for the better meat and fish entrees. Burgers are great. Salad a bit skimpy. Chicken Milanese was excellent. Outdoor table, with view of Hudson, was outstanding on the beautiful evenings when I've eaten at the river's edge. Noise level was quiet because we were outdoors. Inside may be noisy on an evening when al fresco isn't possible. Good place; will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tony ftony215Dined on 8/18/2014great outdoor dining.... we had dinner reservations for 7pm, but arrived @6 for drinks , outdoors. it was such a nice day, we cancelled the 7pm reservation, and stayed/ ate at the outdoor table...could not get the full dinner menu, but we were ok with the limited food offering.Special Features:
- tara0813Dined on 8/16/2014They have amazing white wine and red wine sangria!!Special Features:
- Beautiful and magnificant good foodHeavenDined on 8/16/2014We loved the Half Room. The view of the River is magnificent. The food was excellent and the waitor/waitress service was excellent. We enjoyed our dinner. Thank you for your service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dining out experience!DianneDined on 8/16/2014This was a wonderful 1st date experience. Our table was right by the Hudson River. Excellent view. The food was very good. The wait staff was very attentive. Overall very nice experience. I will definitely be coming back. The only thing that would have improved the evening was the music. The Jamaican music did not fit the surrounding area. It was too loud, but we did manage to tune it out.Special Features:
- Good spot w/ a viewIlyseDined on 8/15/2014The view is the real reason to come here - the food is good, but nothing so unique. The view and the outdoor area is really terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StacyDined on 8/15/2014My daughter recommended this restaurant to us. We had a great view of the city and had a leisurely dinner to enjoy it. We shared several appetizers( the duck tacos were amazing) since there were so many too choose from. The mussels had a nice kick, and while some of them did not open up, we brought it to our waiters attention, and he brought them back to the kitchen to steam open. The service was attentive and we enjoyed drinks on the patio after dinner. Looking forward to dining there in the fall to enjoy the foliage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indoor/Outdoor Great DiningdwroesekejrDined on 8/15/2014Whether you choose the simple grill/bar or the more substantial indoor/outdoor restaurant dining, you'll love the food, ambience and view. A pitcher of sangria is the best way to start any visit. All the small plates are worth trying as you explore the menu!Special Features:
- A great dinnerFoodluverDined on 8/10/2014Took my wife for dinner on her birthday. My wife's duck and my steak were cooked to perfection. The service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food on the HudsonNYNewfiesDined on 8/10/2014This restaurant is in a beautiful location. There are outdoor tables as well as a spacious interior dining area. The food was delicious and the service was excellent. It is fairly expensive, but worth it especially for a special occasion. They have their own parking lot, so parking is free and easy. I also saw a sign for a free shuttle to the train station. Very convenient!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view, great servicefoddieVIPDined on 8/10/2014Spent my birthday here this past Sunday. Michelle and Dan were fantastic, great food, drinks, and attentiveness.Special Features:
- Great view, bad foodDSBdayDined on 8/10/2014The place is very nice, right on the water. Great views, good ambiance, it was very crowded. Food was not very good, and quite expensive...Special Features:
- A nice place for outdoors.SimpleDined on 8/9/2014The view is the best asset of this restaurant. The good is good but if not for the view and the setting I am not sure I would be going back. Quite noisy indoors on a Satutday night. Outdoors is a better choice of seating weather permitting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful nightGrandiVIPDined on 8/9/2014Waitstaff was amazing. In particular Olga and Vanessa. Excellent foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful EveningRonaliveDined on 8/9/2014We had a delightful evening dining at Half Moon. The service was excellent and the food was very good. We had a window view of the Hudson River which made the ambience fabulous. The only small drawback was the parking lot was full so we parked at the railroad station. Restaurant provide shuttle service.Special Features:
- Great place to celebrate!diner2014Dined on 8/9/2014Celebrated a birthday here. Great food!! Great views!!!Special Features:
- Amazing PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014The view is incredible, the food is great, the staff is very very professional and polite. Simply great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, beautiful backdropkathy1424Dined on 8/8/2014It was my second time going to this restaurant and I continued to be pleased with both food and service. I arrived 40 minutes prior to my reservation and was seated immediately. The food was excellent, though my mac and cheese was prepared differently than it was the first time I went. I think my only suggestion is to prepare the food more consistently. If you're serving very cheesy Mac and cheese one time, it shouldn't be dry the next time. However, that wasn't a make or break for me. The food was still great. I took a group there for their first time and they loved the view + the food as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and beautifulPrettyPalletteDined on 8/7/2014Lobster was great. Food is usually always good as this is not my first time dining here. You can't beat the view and is especially great at sunset.Special Features:
- Great seafood dining!Kevin123Dined on 8/7/2014Waitress was present but not intrusive. Food was great-- seafood can't be topped. Had sesame tuna and was done rare as requested. Drinks were reasonably priced. As we ate, barges and kayakers silently floated by. We were catching up with a freind from Australia and he loved the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing setting but ...RikiRnconDined on 8/6/2014Would I return, absolutely. Different expectations next time around. Frankly the food was OK, with the creative menu I expected more. Staff was very friendly, but the youthful servers were trying to hard to come off as upscale and accommodating ( kinda cute and entertaining). Great staff and a strong desire to accommodate guests. Can't say enough about the view ... Worth going but set your expectations accordingly as the food may just be ok .... I'm going again for sunset and decent food, hoping I will be pleasantly proven wrongSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BellarminoDined on 8/6/2014We arrived early, our guest being in a wheelchair, and were seated by a window in the bar area, facing south. It was so cozy we decided to stay there, and ordred drinks and a number of small dishes. All terrific, attentive wait staff made sure everything was to our liking. We live in the area and have been to this restaurant in the past, but this time it was so totally charming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VanchartDined on 8/6/2014I mentioned clearly in the reservation that it was a birthday party. The waitress did not pay attention. We were not offered any things special for the birthday. Services were not friendly. Asked for just a picturing for seconds, but walked away and did not return. Cod fish and rice was very salty, especially rice cannot be enjoyed. appetizers were good. Table corner was good, very good river view. Somewhat disappointing for overall. Have been there occasionally. If not improved, we go somewhere else.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerFoodie8412Dined on 8/4/2014We were seated at a window seat that I requested. Unfortunately it was on top of a floor vent and by the end of dinner my right arm was freezing. Our waiter seemed overwhelmed. It took about 20 minutes for him to come for our drink order. He began to tell us specials and stopped saying he needed to see if they were even still available. Our reservation was for 7:30 so I didn't understand how you could be out of specials at that time. When he finally returned about another 20 minutes later he said they were out of the surf and turf special. Disappointed. We ordered appetizers entree and dessert. The timing of them coming out was very reasonable. Food was very good. Dessert had Happy Anniversary written on it. Nice touch. Will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2014Always have nice selection of appetizers and meals. Appetizers are not the standard of every restaurant menu.Special Features:
- Beautiful Views-Average FoodRonalesVIPDined on 8/2/2014We were first shown to a table away from window although we had requested a window table both in on line reservation +upon entering the restaurant. This was despite 2empty window tables for 4 available. I walked over to one table at the window +said, "we would like to sit here!" We were subsequently seated there. Our waitress was friendly, made note of my allergy, attentive throughout dinner. My salmon was delicious, although the portion was very small. The other woman in the party enjoyed her tuna, but again a tiny portion. The men on the other hand were extremely disappointed in their seafood and duck dinners. The seafood dinner was tasteless+ had 3 pieces of seafood +a few small pieces of fish. duck was so well done,difficult to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food, beautiful settingpdeangelDined on 8/2/2014Lovely restaurant on the Hudson River with beautiful views. We were a party of 4 seated inside near the window, and the views were just as nice as sitting outside. Very good food, and good service. My only complaint is that it was quite chilly in the restaurant; the A/C could be turned down a bit. Otherwise, a very pleasant dining experience.Special Features:
- Fast!rushedoutDined on 8/1/2014A typical girls night out, we would probably be sitting in the restaurant from anywhere between 1 hour and 30mins to 2 hours, this restaurant got us out in 1 hour, i don't know if it was because of the late reservation 11pm, once we sat down we were told the kitchen would close in 5 minutes, ODD! especially because your taking reservations for dinner at 11pm. Food was satisfying i had the lobster roll, white sangria was good and the dessert was ok although my cousin loved their chocolate cake, i thought the raspberry sorbet was delicious. All in all food was good, but i don't think we will be going back. Reader if you do go make sure you make a 8p -10p reservation so you don't feel rushed.Special Features:
- Not what it used to beLaanedDined on 8/1/2014We were surprised to find that the menu has completely changed since the last time we were there. None of our favorite remain on the menu and it was hard to find something that was appealing. And the prices are quite high now two of us ordered appetizers and even those were over priced. Who ever paid ten dollars for clam chowder? We will not return.Special Features:
- UnhappyDined on 8/1/2014Not that the pooring rain, a half hr. into our outdoor lunch, was their fault but the waitress inturn forgot about us sitting under the outdoor bar area & never put in our lunch order. 25 mins. later when we questioned where our lunch was , sitting in now the pouring rain & thunder storm, finally put in our order. Until we ask for drinks on the house, we had to talk to the manager. Celebrating my cousin's 75th birthday turned out to be a disaster.Special Features:
- Poor service-Odd MenuDisappointedDined on 7/31/2014We were seated at a table overlooking the river at sunset. What a beautiful view. That's where it ended. The waiter mumbled through the specials and knew nothing about with the wine list. He brought our wine but could not open it. I offered but he finally was able to get it done. We received our appetizers and after a while another server finally cleared our plates and it was almost 45 minutes before our entrée arrived. nothing to speak of and not worth the price. After we finished we again had our plates sit in front of us. No additional drinks or food were ordered because no one came to ask us. I waiter finally showed up and when I asked him for the check, he produced it immediately and stepped away. we will not returnSpecial Features: