1 High Street
Dobbs Ferry, NY 10522Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://halfmoonhudson.com/
- Phone: (914) 693-4130
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:45am - 2:30pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:45am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Sal Sprufero
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: On New Years Eve, first seating is between 5pm-8pm. The price is $72 + Tax+ 20% Gratuity=$91.71. The second seating is from 830pm-130am, pricing is $153+Tax+20% Gratuity=$194.88. If there are any questions, Half Moon will handle all questions concerning the matter.
A word from Half Moon
Half Moon is a casual American Restaurant serving Hudson Valley produce, Montauk seafood, ceviches, and raw bar. The Beach Bar located outside offers unsurpassed views of the Hudson and Manhattan Skyline. The North patio offers guests full service dining, the South patio provides guests with a limited menu .Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Half Moon - Best Restaurants in Dobbs Ferry ›
Half Moon reviews from OpenTable diners
326 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (277)great for outdoor dining (237)special occasion (174)good for groups (148)romantic (139)great for brunch (97)fit for foodies (85)great for lunch (84)neighborhood gem (82)vibrant bar scene (46)hot spot (42)kid-friendly (38)notable wine list (31)late-night find (24)Show More
- TomCDined on 11/22/2014Attentive service paid by rookie but well chaperoned waiter. Food was hot. Drinks were a little light. The view was great A positive dining experience, we will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautifull place.MichaelDined on 11/22/2014This is a great place. I like the restaurants close to the Hudson offering nice views on the water and the many boats. Half Moon has a nice terrace that offers a view on Manhattan. Unique about this place is that when it gets colder outside the indoor seating is almost as attractive. It offers spacious seating, wooden ceiling that is very high. This gives it a unique, open character. The location is oriented towards the West. So when it is clear sky you get to see the sunset. Food is good especially the salads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, great location, fine foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/18/2014Had my 25th wedding anniversary, fine food, great ambiance. Truly a first class experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREATasquareDined on 11/16/2014a very nice evening with good food and service, The atmosphere wasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return VisitorsWoodeDined on 11/16/2014We have been here many times and continue to enjoy the ambiance and the food! What a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014I had a group of 10 ladies celebrating a birthday. They seated us right away, the waitress was helpful and welcoming, the ambiance was terrific in the middle of November but would be even better in warm weather.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shanwowDined on 11/15/2014The service and the atmosphere are wonderful but the food was just OK. We got the salmon and the lobster macaroni and cheese. The salmon was decent but the lobster macaroni and cheese had very little lobster. The food was expensive and the portions were small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Half Moon Restaurant WeekDebbiebDined on 11/14/2014This restaurant never disappoints. Whether it's restaurant week or brunch or dinner or even just drinks with friends. Consistent menu and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adequatel Cuisine with a Priceless ViewLocaldinerDined on 11/14/2014You do not go to this restaurant for the food. It is fine. It is good catering hall/banquet/upscale chain (like BoneFish Gril) food. They clearly can manage large groups here and also have lovely tables for two. Even on a grey autumn day, the views of the Hudson are so spectacular that you leave Half Moon feeling as if you had been on vacation. Service is excellent and view is superb and the food is adequate. Sometimes adequate is enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2eatoutDined on 11/13/2014Had a great experience, service was awesome and we really enjoyed the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Half MoongkhomesDined on 11/13/2014While the food was excellent, the portions were very small, perhaps because it was restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem on the HudsonMellieDined on 11/13/2014The food was superb! Went for a work function and was totally surprised. The Half Moon boat was absolutely worth it. You will not leave hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambiance but...FoodisluvDined on 11/13/2014Even though I was at Half Moon at night, sitting next to a window looking at the Hudson River was almost like being there during the daytime. Our waiter was attentive and the drinks and food came on time. I ordered off the Restaurant Week menu and had the Ceasar, Black Angus Strip Loin and the Tres Leches cake. The ceaser was ok. The steak was thin and had too much grizzle. The vegetables were ok. Also, the red wine selection by the glass was very limited and there was one Italian red on the bottle list. I happen to love Northern Italian reds. Maybe it was that it was the Restaurant week menu but I was not impressed with the food. I know it's a reduced price but if you want a new restaurant week customer to come back, the food should be a little better. All that said, I would come back and order off the regular menu. Best Food Is LuvSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- susanrenoDined on 11/11/2014Great food, great ambiance and great service. Everyone enjoyed their meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diner1VIPDined on 11/10/2014Lucious dining experience. We especially enjoyed the Salmon ala Plancha.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/10/2014We go out of our way to get there. Our special place to take our grown grandson.Special Features:
- FABULOUS VIEWsteveVIPDined on 11/9/2014The food was ok and the service excellent....but that view is to die for!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for brunch with viewgpnymDined on 11/9/2014The food was very tasty service was very good overall great experience dud I mention great view. Great place for brunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!NumNumDined on 11/8/2014Best service I've ever had, and the manager(Fernando) was very personable, friendly and appreciative of us coming there. The food was amazing and drinks were even better. It's a great date spot or just as good to go with a group of friends. I suggest this place to anyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JillyJerryDined on 11/7/2014A Wonderful meal with breathtaking views! Perfect romantic evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food with a view!luvgoodfoodDined on 11/7/2014My husband & I had dinner at Half Moon on Friday night. He is a vegetarian and was happy to find that they actually had a vege dinner on the menu. He enjoyed his dinner. The restaurant has a beautiful view of the Hudson, a wonderful fire pit and very nice bar. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Really enjoyed the experienceavatarDined on 11/6/2014My wife and I trekked from Rockland during Restaurant Week and we are glad we did. The restaurant is beautiful and situated right on the Hudson River. The wait staff was attentive but not overbearing and the food was delicious. My wife had the Strip Loin, juicy and a perfect medium rare and I had the Fish Tacos, excellent with a tangy Salsa Verde. We have added Half Moon to our "go to" list. I can wait to try one of their two pound lobster "shore" dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The mystery of dark diningCerisMumDined on 11/6/2014My husband, daughter and I went for Hudson river Restaurant Week- so it was a good deal and we got a nice table by the river, which even though it was dark outside, we could see. Unfortunately, i can't say the same for indoors! It was SO dark inside we had to use our cell phones to see the menu. It was OK for the Salad and soup, but when my roast chicken came, it tasted seriously underdone- but i couldn't be sure, because I couldn't see it! I didn't say anything, because my husband and daughter were enjoying their meals- but i left about 80% of the chicken on the plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Just for the Beautiful People!KKluvs2dineDined on 11/5/2014This gem is a don't miss! Put it on your romantic dinner list; your scenic sunset list; your after work cocktails list. In fact don't wait for any of these list events to happen, go there now. Tonight. No point in waiting. The menu will satisfy most everyone, the bar drinks are hefty enough that you won't wonder where the scotch is - or look sideways at your glass to check the color! If you sit at the bar, you'll meet local and very interesting people. There are banquets at or near the fireplace and cozy enough you're most likely to strike up a conversation with the people next to you. In the warm weather, enjoy the outdoor bar, the water side chairs, listen to the jazz of the post work workers unwinding, watch the sunset!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just PERFECT!!!LissaluvvDined on 11/4/2014This place was recommended to me by my brother and I must say I was truly blown away.It definitely exceeded my expectations. The Food was impeccable and the service was excellent.I went for dinner and even in the dark of the night the view was simply breathtaking. Can't wait to go back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We like Half MoonnelkaDined on 11/4/2014We always enjoy eating at the Half Moon Restaurant. The food is very good and the views of the Hudson River are lovely.Special Features:
- Update on previous reviewAlicesRestaurantReviewDined on 11/2/2014Half Moon must be taking customer reviews to heart and I thank them for it! The service was very good. The rolls, croissants and muffins at brunch in lieu of a bread basket were warm and soft. Unlimited Mimosas are the best idea in the history of ever. I'm very inclined to recommend this place to others and visit more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so impressedRubyDined on 11/1/2014First time there was very pleased - second time, not so. Service was slow, very noisy and food wasn't as I had remembered. Probably won't go back anytime soon.Special Features:
- Loved itTimDDined on 10/30/2014I will definitely go back again. View was amazing and the paella was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great locationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/29/2014We met couples we knew from our ski club days and each of us had met and married through the club. The restaurant, the food and the view were excellent but we asked for separate checks before we ordered because our orders were not going to be near the same price. The waiter was not cooperative and gave us one bill at the end of our meal. When he saw each couple trying to figure out their bill, he came back and did write separate checks for us. Other than that uncomfortable event, our visit was excellent.Special Features:
- crem de la cremCoachMathewDined on 10/25/2014First time here for my fifth anniversary and it was more then I expected. As beautiful inside as was the overlook of the sunset on the hudson. Very nice environment, very classy. Food was delicious and service was great as well. Would recommend to those friends that wouldn't mind paying for a good night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SPECIAL OCCASION711AnnaDined on 10/25/2014I chose the Half Moon because I was never at this restaurant. It was my friend's birthday. She is very picky about the food she eats. We both loved the place.....great food, fabulous service and beautifully designed so that the noise level was such that you could still carry on a conversation without screaming. The meals were pricy but if there is good food and service, it is worth it.
- Good food, drinksKapidoloDined on 10/25/2014We had a great table by the window, good wait staff (tho the waiter never heard of Chivas Regal) and very good food. We ate early, so there were quite a few families, and the noise level was so high we could hardly hear the servers. And the loud music just added to the chaos. If they could tone it down a bit, it would be more enjoyable. It's a trip for us, so I would return sooner if the noise level was less.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/25/2014Beautiful setting. Waitress was very nice. Waiter was so so , and seemed rushed Seafood with squid was not really pan seared and sauce was blahSpecial Features:
- great experiencedeliciousdiningDined on 10/24/2014The entire experience was amazing; great food, atmosphere, and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014Excellent overall. Excellent Waitress and very friendly staff. Would go again and recommend to anyone who asks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectednaDined on 10/20/2014We stopped at Half Moon on the way up to the Hudson Valley. The location is perfect even if a little tricky to find. We had a table by the window looking out at the Hudson. Perfect. The menu had great selections and everything we ordered was very good. We did think the Duck Taco had too much BBQ sauce but was otherwise good. My flounder was excellent. The service was very good. Perfect location and a great gem.Special Features:
- Special occasion spotEllenTDined on 10/19/2014We had reserved for 10 people for a birthday dinner starting at 4 pm Sunday. The views are magnificent, the location is great, the decor inside is elegant, and the menu is quite varied. The food itself was delicious, everyone was impressed with what they ordered. Wait staff was pleasant. Unfortunately, service was extremely slow from start to finish. It took a long time to take drink orders, to bring drinks, to bring entrees, to inquire about coffee & dessert, and very long to get dessert. (We only ordered 4 desserts for the whole table.) The check was presented about 10 minutes before the desserts arrived. There was a standard 20% gratuity, which is not surprising for a large group, but the service did not merit that amount.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The staff makes you feel happyyummyDined on 10/19/2014You leave Half Moon being well nourished!! And wanting to come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/19/2014I have been to the Half Moon before for lunch and have always been pleased. The food is good and the outdoor seating is terrific because the views are so pretty. This was my first time for brunch and I took two guests who were also pleased. The food was very good, the wait staff is outstanding (very attentive) and they seated us by the window as I requested. The river views were, as always, great and all in all it was an all-around excellent experienceSpecial Features: