1 High Street
Dobbs Ferry, NY 10522Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://halfmoonhudson.com/
- Phone: 9146934130
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:45am - 2:30pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:45am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Sal Sprufero
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: On New Years Eve, first seating is between 5pm-8pm. The price is $72 + Tax+ 20% Gratuity=$91.71. The second seating is from 830pm-130am, pricing is $153+Tax+20% Gratuity=$194.88. If there are any questions, Half Moon will handle all questions concerning the matter.
A word from Half Moon
Half Moon is a casual American Restaurant serving Hudson Valley produce, Montauk seafood, ceviches, and raw bar. The Beach Bar located outside offers unsurpassed views of the Hudson and Manhattan Skyline. The North patio offers guests full service dining, the South patio provides guests with a limited menu .Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Half Moon - Best Restaurants in Dobbs Ferry ›
Half Moon reviews from OpenTable diners
381 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (328)great for outdoor dining (299)special occasion (198)romantic (172)good for groups (157)great for brunch (114)neighborhood gem (98)great for lunch (97)fit for foodies (83)vibrant bar scene (59)hot spot (53)kid-friendly (46)late-night find (36)notable wine list (34)Show More
- Food needs improvementCHG5678Dined on 10/11/2014I ordered the lobster roll. While the fries were really good, they did not toast and butter the roll. As a native New Englander, this was disappointing. It was also a ordinary store bought roll. The lobster roll was primarily stringy tail meat, and was not as fresh as it could have been.Special Features:
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Our server was very impersonal. She never asked us what we wanted for dinner, we had to tell her. The good was great especially the bok choy and the sweet potatoes that come with the salmon. Wine list was great, and portions were just right. The menus definitly need to be presented better; they don't match the atmosphere. Other than the few nit-picky criticisms I have, our experience was pleasent.Special Features:
- OutstandingDoreenDined on 10/9/2014Overall experience was outstanding and will return.Special Features:
- in every way ,impressive to all.cle34Dined on 10/9/2014My guests were pleased.Service was prompt and accommodating.A really great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Half Moon is goodfoddieVIPDined on 10/5/2014Having been to this restaurant several times I must say Half Moon is good. The view is amazing as any picture will tell you and the food is okay. The wait staff more often than not is outstanding. The brunch is a great find as they have $18 unlimited champagne/mimosas. I will come back again, have yet to find a food item that I love enough to order twice but overall a good choice.Special Features:
- BrunchTom54Dined on 10/5/2014Nice place to enjoy brunch, menu was a bit limited but a beautiful location and staff was very good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/29/2014We had the prime rib special and the food was solid. The service was friendly but mediocre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow wine list!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014The restaurant was great in general. Only downside was that they did not bring us the wine list straight away. They took our order for food and then brought the appetizers out in about 3 minutes and we still did not even have the wine list!!! We had to ask for the wine list and the server had to go away and find one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kiwiVIPDined on 9/27/2014One of the best restaurants in Westchester and right on the banks of the Hudson River!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, good food, okay serviceAlicesRestaurantReviewDined on 9/21/2014The view can't be beat and the atmosphere is great. The brunch menu offered a good variety and is very reasonably priced. They put croissants and cinnamon buns out in lieu of bread before the meal which was nice, but the cinnamon buns were kind of dry. In addition to the regular menu they offered options for kids that were very in tune with young children's tastes. The servers were very personable and checked in often enough but they seemed overloaded and we had to make some requests multiple times. If the service were more focused, it would have been a much more enjoyable and relaxed experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Special Occasions!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Celebrated my anniversary on 9/20/14. Have been to Half Moon a couple of times over the last 2 months. Love the atmosphere, the service is great and the food very good. Looking forward to going back. Great restaurant to meet with friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View, Exceptional FoodN5YUSADined on 9/20/2014This was not our best visit, Food was excellent, service was fair, it looked like they we're lacking staff. The section we sat in seemed like it was all people who needed hearing aids and left them home. Very loud! It was tough to carry on a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View on RivertonitravelVIPDined on 9/20/2014The best parts of dining at this restaurant are the beautiful view of The Hudson River and their hamburgers. They also have a good wine list, interesting choice of appetizers, and we had a great waitress. However, the noise level is so high that it is difficult at times, to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice romantic settingweeshkDined on 9/19/2014Nice restaurant setting very well laid out with a comfortable outdoor setting. Service was excellent , however restaurant wasn't that crowded. Food selection was good and the specials were good choices. Waitress was very attentive and pleasant and made sure that we were taken care of the entire time. Would definitely recommend for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Nothing specialCowgirlDined on 9/19/2014A great building in a prime location, but there anything special ends. Service is earnest but amateurish (if an adult doesn't choose to order a cocktail, they don't need to be told that it's "no problem"). Conversation was interrupted as multiple servers checked our responses. The food is okay but nothing to write home about. A lobster and avocado salad was very tasty, but too cold. The ribeye was so so on flavor and texture and was overdone. So have a beverage (it'll be "no problem" if it's nonalcoholic) and enjoy the view, but save your appetite for a better restaurant. And go outside, because the music selection is AWFUL.Special Features:
- reunion groupOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2014We had 12 classmates arriving early for our 50th high school reunion, so needed a venue to have dinner Thursday night. One of our classmates who lives locally and is a foodie was unenthusiastic about the Half Moon, but we decided to go there anyway because of the views of the river. We had a very good meal--a few people ordered the special, which was paella, and said it was wonderful. The service was excellent. My only question is that when I tried to make the reservation for a party of 10, Open Table said the only time available was 8:30. We got there at 8, to have a drink outside first. Our table was ready at 8, and the restaurant was not at all busy, so I'm baffled about why we could not get an earlier reservation.Special Features:
- JudyVIPDined on 9/16/2014Everything about this restaurant was wonderful, the food, ambiance, and especially the view.Special Features:
- Place to pick up your spirits...riverlover55Dined on 9/15/2014WE have loved this restaurant since it was the Chart House because of the ambiance and scenic views, we aren't foodies. Our experience this week did not disappoint in these areas, in fact the "Spirits"--wine, in particular, was excellent. Our birthday girl from Europe was delighted with this place. Our charming excellent waiter Sergio had a lovely birthday greeting written in chocolate on her plate surrounding an amazing special dessert. Two of the three main courses were very good--the PRime rib special. I had the Chicken Milanese with a strong bitter greens salad. Unfortunately the lemon/vinegar dressing was too sour. It somehow saturated the chicken dish and nearly ruined it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The view is amazing,not the serviceksniderVIPDined on 9/14/2014We dined on a Sunday evening at 6:30 and had an amazing view of the sunset. The food was decent- good baked clams and oysters- but not worth NYC prices. Also, service was almost non-existent. We got bread, but had to wait 10 minutes for olive oil. My second glass of wine never arrived and the food came out almost 1/2 an hour after ordering. It was a pretty spot, but we won't make the trip from NYC againSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2014Fantastic time! Food was superb as was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice little gemandreyk1Dined on 9/14/2014This is a great restaurant with a fabulous view of the river, service is friendly and accommodating. Will recommend to friends.Special Features:
- Great view, so so serviceIrishMickDined on 9/14/2014On a nice day, view was excellent, overlooking the river. Food was quite good. Service was notably not great. Restaurant is convenient to train station for those coming out of the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Views!LoveSushiDined on 9/14/2014The views are spectacular. The portions are generous. The staff is very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GaryVIPDined on 9/13/2014Nothing spectacular. Average food, average service and noisy. Not worth the price charged.Special Features:
- no valet service, too noisydtrainDined on 9/13/2014Even with GPS, restaurant was not easy to find. It was raining and they did not have a valet service. Nice view of the Hudson River. The waiter was not very attentative, when he tried to explain the menu and specials, it was very difficult to hear him over all the noise. Sounded more like a bar than a upscale restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrificSaturdaynightfolksDined on 9/13/2014Our waiter was a vibrant knowledgeable young man with great smile and fee bad I can't remember his name. Service perfect, food very good and a river view to put it all together. Love your Sangria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was not disappointedwheezyDined on 9/13/2014There was a group of eight of us & not one person was disappointed, nor had any complaints of their entrees. The waitress was very attentive & was excellent in assuring everyone was happy. She accommodated our special request without skipping a beat ( two of us asked her to give us a separate bill for another bottle of wine). She also heard us wishing one of the people in the party Happy Birthday. At the end of the meal without our asking she brought that individual a dessert with a candle & we all sang Happy Birthday. The views of the Hudson River are phenomenal. The entire dining room's back wall consists of windows to enjoy the view. They have a large deck & outside bar to take in the views as well. Noise is a problem in din roomSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dinnersylrodDined on 9/12/2014Visited Half Moon on Friday, September 12 to celebrate cousin's birthday. We were all very satisfied with the sangria, food and dessert. Afterwards we spent some time outdoors and it was perfect as well. The service was great. My guests were enchanted with everything.Special Features:
- Wonderful views, food disappointsluvnycVIPDined on 9/12/2014With incredible views of the Hudson River and The Palisades, one would have expected the food to come in at second place. Came in last. Caesar salad was overdressed and the accompanying grilled Chicken Breast was overlooked, dry and tough. Even the ice tea had little flavor. Get a new chef!Special Features:
- Beautiful SpotFashionista365VIPDined on 9/7/2014Fabulous location on the water. Fun and energetic atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't beat the viewsJmackDined on 9/7/2014I assume the food was find, but I was too distracted by the views and the gorgeous day to pay much attention. We were a party of four having brunch. Everyone seemed happy with his/her choice. I ordered the bagel all-the-way, which was very good (could use capers, though). But, again, good friends, fabulous view -- at the Half Moon the food becomes incidental. We will be back again and again.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceCarolFDined on 9/7/2014The brunch menu is great! There is something for everyone from child to cult. The food was served quickly and everything was delicious. I would recommend this brunch for a wonderful Sunday afternoon with friends and family or just as a romantic brunch with a spouse.Special Features:
- Saturday night:treatedlikecattleDined on 9/6/2014We had a 7:30 reservation and were not seated until well after 8:10 . I asked if we could sit outside while we waited for the table but was told that if we sat outside to wait than we would have to stay outside. I did not understand why they would not have moved us inside once our table was ready. Instead we four in my party waited in the front lobby with only three available seats. Once inside and seated we found the restaurant was quite noisy. In addition the hard bread roll presented was well over done (charred and black on the outside).Special Features:
- Nice view/terrible service and foodJohnBlazeDined on 9/5/2014Beautiful location. Perfect to watch sun go down over the water. Bartender made me drinks first then out ice in it? Pretty sure that shortcut cost me another round bc it was terrible. Had simple chicken dish. Completely unseasoned. My date liked calamari but the shrimp tacos were nothing special. I left most of my plate untouchedSpecial Features:
- bjordan589Dined on 9/4/2014My wife and I met my boss for dinner there. He is from the Mid-West and wanted something different. He got a real treat. The views are fantastic. We could see Manhattan and George Washington Bridge from one side and the Tappan Zee on the other. When it lit up at night it was striking.The food was aslo fantastic. The salmon was cooked perfectly. It was seared on one side and moist all the way through. My boss commented that it was one of the best salmon dished he has ever had. The service was excellent. They did not hover over you but were attentive to our needs. Dining was leisurely and everyone enjoyed themselves. My boss mentioned that we should come here again when he is back in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unfortunate confluences...OceanViewDined on 9/3/2014We arrived to find that Half Moon wasn't seating people outside on the deck for full dinner service (as they done for the past five year's we've gone) because it wasn't a weekend. The outside seating have a limited "light fare," basically bar food. We came for a birthday dinner, not a hamburger. What took the cake, so to speak, was the poor service from the waiter. He was hard to find when we needed him, and then was as unfriendly as they come. It was so bad that we didn't leave ANY tip, a first for m e.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere and mini getawayGoodvibesDined on 9/1/2014The atmosphere and beautiful scenic view overlooking the Hudson is a great way to get away from the hustle and bustle of NYC to enjoy a nice day or night out for friends, family, or with a significant other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come for the views and atmosphereTygrlVIPDined on 8/31/2014Seven of us had lunch here since we were in the Hudson Valley to visit a nearby attraction. Wonderful ambiance on the Hudson, service was very efficient, we had a great server. There were not a great number of options in the area but this was one of the better ones.Special Features:
- ok food, great view, not worth itLGFoxDined on 8/31/2014went for brunch with my friends. The setting is beautiful and we could get a table outside, but it was a VERY humid day, so we opted for inside. The food is just OK, really overpriced and nothing special. The service was just OK too. The guy who poured water in our glasses, spilled the water and pieces of ice on the table - didn't apologize and didn't clean it up! The waitress was nice enough. If you want an exceptional food with great views, go to X2O in Yonkers. It is also located right on Hudson and the food is delicious and presentation of it exceptional too.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/30/2014always enjoy the view and ambiance here. food and service goodSpecial Features: