Half Moon Bay Brewing Company
390 Capistrano Rd.
Half Moon Bay, CA 94019Neighborhood:
Half Moon Bay
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Half Moon Bay Brewing Company
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hmbbrewingco.com/
- Phone: 6507282739
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:30pm
Dinner: Daily: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
Breakfast: Saturday/Sunday 9am-11:30 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Gaston Alfaro
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Parties to Go for groups of 25 or more.
- Private Party Facilities: Both indoor and outdoor areas are available for larger parties.
- Private Party Contact: Kevin Hubbert 6502632017
- Entertainment: Live Oceanfront Music & Dancing Friday-Sunday, No Cover!
Additional music events added throughout the year. Music schedule posted on website www.hmbbrewingco.com.
- Special Events: Please check our website for latest event schedule. www.hmbbrewingco.com
A word from Half Moon Bay Brewing Company
Recently selected by Men's Fitness as one of America’s Top Ten Craft Breweries, and by Travel + Leisure Magazine as one of America's Best Beach Bars, the Half Moon Bay Brewing Company is an Oceanfront Restaurant and Micro Brewery offering California coastal cuisine, and handcrafted award winning Mavericks Beers&Ales. The 6,000-square-foot restaurant and bar is reminiscent of a typical California surf shack, a family-friendly, come-as-you-are atmosphere with live weekend music and an expansive, dog-friendly patio area with blazing fire pits to keep patrons warm on the waterfront. Behind the restaurant lie the 1,200 square-foot Mavericks Beer Garden and on-site brewery, where hand-crafted, award-winning Mavericks® Beers & Ales are piped directly to the bar. Located 4 miles north of Half Moon Bay at Pillar Point Harbor and ½ mile from Mavericks, the world-famous big wave surf spot. No bar or patio reservations. Please make reservations 2 hours prior to time requested.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Half Moon Bay Brewing Company - Best Restaurants in Half Moon Bay ›
Half Moon Bay Brewing Company reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (28)scenic view (24)great for lunch (15)kid-friendly (14)neighborhood gem (13)good for groups (12)great for brunch (10)fit for foodies (9)special occasion (6)hot spot (6)romantic (5)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Sunday Zydec0 and Great FoodSwankieVIPDined on 9/14/2014A beautiful fall day at the beach is defining at HBBC. Lots of home brews, lively crowd, fire pits along the water's edge (or just across the street). Kobe burgers, nice shrimp louis salad and awesome fried artichoke hearts. Always Music on Sun nights.Special Features:
- Great pub and restaurant in oneKandDVIPDined on 8/22/2014Been coming here for over 10 years, and have found this to have the most consistently good food and service, in a very relaxed but well-appointed atmosphere. We've truly never been disappointed in all our years coming here. Nice to have a place you can always count on, and one with a diverse menu, from steak to hamburgers to fish to all kinds of appetizers.Special Features:
- Great place for a reunion dinnerdmeadeDined on 8/7/2014Great location and view. Reserve thru Open Table worked great. Food was very good, maybe too much garlic on the spinach. Service was great, thanks Tessa. We thoroughly enjoyed stretching out our evening rendezvous with long time friends who we had not seen in years. We would do it all over again.Special Features:
- the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014Kind of rough looking inside, but really just rustic. The food was out of this world good. You must have the grilled artichoke…. I've really never had such a good artichoke and I always order them. All dishes were perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greasy greasyLusterCluckDined on 6/29/2014Food sucked. Truffle dries way too greasy. Line cook oil was not hot enough. Other fries were decent. The crab louie had "shredded" crab that was mixed with egg white pieces. Perhaps they thought it would look like a more impressive pile of crab? Not a single quality chunk of crab to be found. The Miramar and Barbara's is much higher quality louie. Fried calamari was excellent. Go for the beer or the dog patio.Special Features:
- Great BeerJassozDined on 6/29/2014We went here for lunch and it was pretty good. I would come back just for the local beer that they produce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SO disappointing!!MamaofTwinsDined on 6/21/2014While staying in Hallf Moon Bay for our anniversary my husband and I went here for dinner. It was right next door to our hotel and looked like a great place with nice outdoor seating and a great view of the bay. That is about all that was great about it. The service was fine, the hostess who sat us and the waitress were both nice. But the food was horrible!! Not to mention ridiculously priced for how bad it was! My husband orderd the french dip that was very bland and the dipping sauce had NO flavor. I ordered a burger that was also very bland. yuk! We would have been better off going to a local fast food place for dinner.Special Features:
- Not What We Were ExpectingReasonablePersonDined on 6/20/2014The traffic on Friday night was pretty bad and we were 25 minutes late for our reservation. Turned out to be no problem but you need to specifically request a window table in advance. The beer was great and good wine choices. The staff was efficient but not friendly. I had the clams which were listed as steamers but turned out to be canned Manila clams. The broth was tasty with ginger and garlic. It was average. My husband had the nachos and they were just beans jalapeno and some melted cheese. pretty basic. My son had a kids cheese burger. It was okay. From the other reviews I thought it would be really good but it was nothing special. No desire to go again.
- A Little Disappointed....foreveryoungDined on 6/16/2014We had read a great review in a magazine about the Brewing Company and were excited to go. It was a little chilly that evening so we sat inside. I think that was a mistake. We were seated next to a woman who was speaking so loudly that we could barely stand it! Next, the poor waitress had the worst bus boy in history. She had to keep telling him what to do, the plates weren't cleared right away, he did a lousy job wiping tables, etc. The carpet looked disgusting-the floor under our table looked like a salad. There was cucumber, lemon and cheese someone had dropped-gross. However, the food was good and our waitress kept things rolling. I wouldn't mind trying it again and sitting outside. It looked like a whole lot more fun!Special Features:
- A Nice FindSuperTasterDined on 6/13/2014If you're in the mood for fried seafood this is a nice choice, though not everything on the menu is fried. Enjoyed the calamari appetizer and a half order was plenty for 2 people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good find when I was in a hurryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/6/2014I had an hour before I had to be at SFO to catch a flight, and this place looked to be decently reviewed and was only 7 miles from my current location. Nicely done! Good beers, there was (very good) live music at the bar, but I was looking for quiet and was seated in a nice back room that fit the bill. Good food, delivered quickly by an attentive server. If I lived around here, I'd definitely bring friends/family back. This seems to be a fun place.
- The following 317 reviews are from the Half Moon Bay Brewing Company reviews archive.
- Nice PubfhOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/20/2014The beer was excellent but a number of the beer were not available. The calamari was excellent and the salmon was very good. The vegetable was tasteless and not sure what kind of green it was. The dessert was outstanding. A pleasant experience and a lovely view of the harbour.Special Features:
- Great food & fun atmospheredvnoneVIPDined on 5/16/2014Beautiful views, great food, entertainment, and fire pit...what else would you want! Came when the weather was perfect. Ordered beers, yummy fried artichokes, and ceviche as appetizers. The artichokes were light not greasy and the ceviche was super fresh and tasty. We ordered the small salad that was enough for the two of us to share. Our entrees were delicious, but my husbands pork cooked in banana leaves were a little too salty for my taste. My fish tacos were great with a nice balance of crunchy cabbage and sauce.Special Features:
- Made my day!!JessicaCVIPDined on 5/12/2014My boyfriend and I came here Monday with our 2 dogs for dinner and they sat us right by the fire liked we wanted! The nice host told us about their doggy burgers and the dogs loved them, he as well brought them water with out us even having to ask (:! Someone was always there to check up on us or to get us what we needed! The food was amazing we started with the sampler( calamari, fries, prawns, and fish) that was delicious and we eat the whole thing Then we had the clam chowder, clams, and ceviche, as well so tasty!! The view is beautiful and service was OUTSTANDING! We will defiantly be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Re doBergieVIPDined on 5/4/2014We came back from the week before when they weren't serving breakfast….service was great and good was really good. Thank goodness the people who don't know how to make their kids sit down and behave in a restaurant came in close to the end of our meal.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere!JocelynDined on 5/3/2014Meet up with friends here for the first time. The service was great. The view and atmosphere, just loved it. We definitely want to dine in the open patio area next time. There's a fire dish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- candyVIPDined on 4/30/2014As always, food and service was great, Loved their oysters and crab cocktails and fresh seafood selectionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchRangerLindaDined on 4/27/2014Recommend the crab omelet, but everything on the menu looked good. Excellent coffee too. Eat outside when the weather is good. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No pancakes for you...BergieVIPDined on 4/26/2014We had made reservations for my mother in laws 81st birthday well in advance. There had been a small kitchen fire so they opened a little late and they indicated all was well. They did make a decision to not serve breakfast which they serve until noon typically. I felt they should have communicated this ahead of time as they had hours to do so. My mother in law just wanted brunch but, ended up with a mediocre lunch. They tried to set our party of six in the hall way with several good tables available. We did have to ask to move three times but, were finally moved. Typically I love this place…was not a good day and no pancakes for you.
- Overpriced generic foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014$16 for Fish and chips that did not Taste fresh since I was Not coming for The beer perhaps I expected more?
- Nice surprisePetloverDined on 4/18/2014We had never been to Half Moon Bay and were pleasantly surprised to see this charming sea side town. Half Moon Bay Brewing Co. allowed pets and we enjoyed the nice patio seating. Unfortunately the weather that day was cold and gray so the water was not as pretty as it could have been. The food however was excellent!! All three of us loved our meals and the waiter was very attentive. Would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- My favorite hangout !luvfoodDined on 4/16/2014Love this place..discovered it few years ago....great food, great ambiance...great weekend hang out ...great selection booze !! fun place !! The best ocean view !!Special Features:
- View of DolphinsFishDined on 4/13/2014Had a wonderful meal with great service. We had quite a show across the street a pod of dolphins and birds were going crazy diving and feeding on something in the water! Some small sail boats and kayaks came to see what was going on. Beautiful sunny morning felt lucky to be there.Special Features:
- Beer Pub By The SeaDaniDined on 4/12/2014We come back again and again to this longtime neighborhood favorite near the Princeton Harbor. It gets crowded at meal times but is more placid in mid afternoon. This time they had the beer sampler plate with four local cheese and four taster beers, perfectly matched. Yum! It's a comfortable place to bring my in-laws, who at 90 have mobility issues but enjoy an afternoon out. Food is fresh, carefully prepared, and generous in portions. A relaxing place good for chilling out, having multi-generational groups, or hosting visitors. Our servers were good at handling special requests and questions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerkekauferDined on 4/4/2014We had a party of 13 and the service, food was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my favorite placeluvfoodDined on 4/2/2014love this place for so many reasons, great ambiance, great food, always fun when the bands play...dancing, bar scene, outdoor dining...just love love it ...oh & great food too !! fresh seafood ..yummSpecial Features:
- Delicious brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/30/2014Came here for my 30th bday with a party of 8. The food was amazing and they were kind enough to bring me a slice of chocolate fudge cake with a candle but couldn't lite it because of the wind. The only reason I didn't give 5 stars for service is because 4 of us paid for the bottomless mimosas and had to keep asking for refills. In my opinion if you're pay $15 for a bottomless beverage your server should be on top of that instead of us trying to flag her down for more. Other than that the food was amazing as always and the weather was perfect on the patio. Beautiful day with good food and great friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Place, Good Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/26/2014Nice place, really good service and casual dining on the water. Just as expected. Good value.Special Features:
- An overall Great restaurantHalfMoonBayConsumerDined on 3/21/2014The Halibut (daily special) was outstanding, along with the Portuguese seafood stew. We arrived early and had drinks first in the bar, listening to the live band before dinner, and enjoyed it so much that we ended up back in the bar after dinner. The service was great, as was the view from our table overlooking the beautiful sunset on the coast. A good time was has by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the Drive!FamilyDined on 3/15/2014Woke up and decided I wanted to have brunch with a view! From SF Peninsula to Half Moon Bay only took us 30 mins. Made the reservation before leaving the house. Great View! Great Food and Service! Loved the calamari, pasta, fish and chips. = ) Walked down to the small bay across the street to get our feet wet! Lovely half day at Half Moon Bay.Special Features:
- Nice nightamysDined on 3/14/2014We have eaten at here a few times and find it easy with the kids and when we have a larger group. The food is good and the beer is tasty. nothing truly stands out as outstanding but we usually have a nice time with no complaints.Special Features:
- FabulouJSWlovesrestaurantsDined on 3/9/2014We had an out of town guest from London whom is a vegetarian. We sat outside which was gorgeous, Them menu consisted of wonderful vegetarian dishes of chocolate pancakes, French toast and fruit and a vegetarian omelet, All were delicious. Our guest was impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Terrible ServiceSMCCLUNGVIPDined on 3/8/2014The food was pretty good, but the service was not up to par. I booked my reservation on open table, however when I first got there to check in the outside hostess would not let me. I was sent inside where I waited for about 5 minutes for the hostess (who was busy talking and ignoring the customers). She then sent me back outside to the hostess because we wanted to sit outside. Additionally, there were more wait staff just standing around outside. At one point another customer had to get up and go get their own utensils after their meal was served. Overall, the food was decent, the beer was okay and the view was great. It is a dog friendly patio so if you are looking for a view and some drinks this is a good stopping place.Special Features:
- HMB brewing good cooksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014great nightly fresh catch specials; healthy salads and appetizers; get the steamed prawns appie with triple flavor comboSpecial Features:
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/1/2014Came initially for the view and convenience for our visit to Mavericks. Service started off well, however, as time progressed towards the meal, the server was nowhere to be found. The fried calamari appetizer was so oily that it was soggy. Then the chicken sandwich which was dry and burnt on edges, was served on top of a burnt piece of bread. Very disappointing. Most likely, won't return.Special Features:
- Good food- poor serviceoccasionaldinerDined on 3/1/2014We were impressed with the quality of the food but the service was not near as good. I ordered a sampler of beers. It was supposed to be 10 small samples of their beers. The tray came out with nine. I had to catch the waitress to ask why. She explained that one of the taps was not working at the moment. We never saw the 10th beer. We ordered appetizers which came out promptly but within 2 minutes after the appetizer our main course followed. We had just begun our appetizers but they squeezed everything aside to fit the main course plates. No concern or apologies on the service end. Seemed like maybe that was SOP. Food was very good but service was unacceptable.Special Features:
- Dinner at the Brewery with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/21/2014Went with some friends for dinner, the service and the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!25anniversaryDined on 2/17/2014The food was remarkably good and creative! The Brussels sprout salad was fantastic, and my husband said the best fish tacos he's ever had . Yummy beer options!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/16/2014Wanted to see the sunset. Was able to get a table at the last minute even though all the restaurants in the area were crowded. Thank you Open Table. The food was good, the service was prompt and attentive, but not obtrusive. The experience was just what we wanted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really enjoyed dinner. SteaksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014Really enjoyed dinner. Steaks were great and cooked perfectly. Enjoyed the beer brat pops. Server was great and very attentive. Got a growler of blue velvet to go. Only negative was the apple crisp I got to go, the "crisp" part was all mushy only 20 minutes later. Overall great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.