Hakkasan San Francisco
One Kearny Street
San Francisco, CA 94108Neighborhood:
Financial District / Embarcadero
ChinesePrice: $50 and over
Hakkasan San Francisco
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://hakkasan.com/sanfrancisco/
- Phone: 4158298148x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 11:30am - 2:30pm
Saturday 11:30am - 3pm
Monday 5:30pm - 10pm
Tuesday - Saturday 5:30pm - 11pm
Monday 11:30am - 11pm
Tuesday - Saturday 11:30am - 12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dim Sum, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Michelin-starred Chef Ho Chee Boon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Hakkasan San Francisco can accommodate private events from 12 to 250 guests. Please call the restaurant directly to request additional information regarding special event accommodations.
A word from Hakkasan San Francisco
Located in one of the most food-centric cities in the U.S., Hakkasan San Francisco has become a culinary destination for locals and tourists alike. Accessible yet sophisticated, Hakkasan has redefined the modern Chinese fine-dining experience. “Modern authenticity” is at the heart of everything from the design of its chic, sensuous interior to the execution of its Michelin-starred modern Cantonese menu, to an expansive wine and cocktail program, carefully curated by the talented Hakkasan mixologists.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hakkasan San Francisco reviews from OpenTable diners
198 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (113)fit for foodies (113)hot spot (97)vibrant bar scene (94)good for groups (70)romantic (55)great for lunch (52)notable wine list (44)neighborhood gem (35)late-night find (28)great for brunch (16)scenic view (12)kid-friendly (8)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Great decor and awesome food.MadeleinetpVIPDined on 10/17/2014Hakkasan is a very special place. You would never know that One Kearny has such a beautifully decorated restaurant on the first floor. The food is very tasty, each dish is very well prepared and the flavors are very subtle yet distinctive. Our table of six was lovely and well conceived with its oval shape. Too bad that the table across us had two toddlers that screamed uncontrollably throughout their meal leaving us to wonder why parents would chose to bring such young children to a such a high end restaurant that clearly doesn't offer baby food.Special Features:
- Great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/17/2014The great service from our hostess Lauren made the experience unique and memorable!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- everything ok but the hostOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2014Food was average based on the price. Waiter provided pretty good service. The only issue I had was with the guy/host that took us to our table. Wasn't friendly, no hi, thank you, or smile. Just took us to our table and walked away. Maybe he had a bad day or something. But if you want to be recognized as a higher end restaurant, then please act like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dim Sun Ever... Period!MarkonMauiVIPDined on 10/11/2014My wife, Son and I were visiting San Fran and wanted to get some good dim sum while we were in town but instead we got the BEST Dim Sum we ever had! It was edible art that tasted as good as it looked. My son is 7yrs old and kept asking for more, he ate as much as me, and I can eat! I couldn't recommend this place enough. The service was friendly and professional and the setting was spectacular. We went at lunch time and the prices were very reasonable, actually cheap considering the quality of the food. It will be our first stop when we return to the city.Special Features:
- Lovely birthday dinnerKFSanRafaelDined on 10/4/2014Took my sweetie here for his birthday, and was not disappointed! The dim sum were incredibly tasty, and we both enjoyed the other courses. The cocktails and desserts were outstanding, with fantastic presentation. Yes, it is a bit overpriced; I'd only go there for special occasions. The noise level was fine; I was expecting it to be much louder; maybe it was because we were there on the early side (6 pm).Special Features:
- golden week dinnerBenjiDined on 10/3/2014The special I also dinner for Golden Week was fantastic. The dishes were beyond the typical Chinese preparation of these dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice EnvironmentOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 10/2/2014This is a really good place for a special dinner. Very nice interior finishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentDiepVIPDined on 10/2/2014Went with girlfriends based on reviews and recommendations as an out of town guest. Had high hopes for a great meal but unfortunately, the experience fell short. Apps and entrees were overall good but not as as well seasoned nor true to the Asian flavors as I had expected. The prices were extremely expensive for each entree ($40 for the cod entree) and rice was charged separately!! What Chinese restaurant charges for rice? The worst part of the dining experience was our server's lack of knowledge on ingredients in dishes and his poor timing on bringing us needed items and checking in after entrees were served. He seemed confused the whole time he served us!For a restaurant charging $40-80 an entree, the service should have perfection.Special Features:
- AMAZING!PatsyDined on 10/1/2014WE loved this restaurant. The food was amazing and the service was outstanding. We will go back as a team and I plan to take my husband and family back for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Excellent food. Good presentation. lovely. Will be my usual go to place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingKlakeDined on 9/27/2014We went for lunch and was very impressed. The food was amazing and the atmosphere was like being in Las Vegas. The food is rather expensive, our lunch was over $400 for four people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYCFoodieDined on 9/26/2014We were visiting SF from NY for my husband's birthday. The food was great and we were seated right away. The only issue was that the service was very slow and after we ordered the waiter was hard to find again. He didn't really check on us much during the meal. He forgot to place an order for a dish and it was too late by the time he finally came around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very attentive serviceMomof2Dined on 9/26/2014I always find Hakkasan to be such a treat. The food is delicious and the service is highly attentive and pleasant. The scene is always happening at the bar, making a walk to the cool restrooms fun. You will relax, enjoy and just feel sexy in this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top chef dim sumaaaaDined on 9/24/2014Hakkasan nailed everything for our new hire lunch. Great food, good service, only complaint would be the shock and horror at the bill. roughly $25 a head was quite high for a light lunch of dimsum (not our usual gorge fest). But I would temper that with, you get what you pay for, everything about this experience was polished. I'm glad I did it once, but is a bit rich for my budget.Special Features:
- Delicious food, uneven serviceBabeVIPDined on 9/20/2014Arrived at 6:30, on time. Seated and still/sparkling water served immediately. 20 minutes later the waiter arrived, took our drink/food order. Another 20 minutes, everything arrived at once. The table was packed as we were 6 and were eating family style. We had ordered almost all of their specialty items and the food was delicious. We decided to order 2 more of our choices, as they were our favorites. Miraculously they arrived in just minutes. The waiter was extremely attentive after we said something to the manager. We will definitely return for the food, but hope they train their waitstaff better. Really loved the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a Chic night outWoffySFVIPDined on 9/20/2014The restaurant signage needs to be better. Walked past the door 3 times because the sign was unlit and far above eye-sight. They should light up the sign. Went into the first floor lobby. The hostess asked for our coats. Never being there before, it was weird to ask for my coat in the generic first floor. They should either make the entryway much nicer, to reflect the restaurant, or just get rid of the person there. It's confusing. Finally sat down at the bar. Nice drink selection, good people watching and good music. Dinner was good. The Duck Salad was a standout. The rice was delicious. Everything else was very good, but I've had better. Overall nice place to go and get dressed up. There is better food in SF though.Special Features:
- spectacular food, in a nice spotFrankDined on 9/19/2014All the dishes were amaizing but specially tge trouffle noodls and the chocolate dumplingsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely experience but...FoodloverofLebanonDined on 9/17/2014Decor was lovely but I was shocked at the noise level as I entered the restaurant. So glad I was seated away from the bar area. I found the lower level wait staff very attentive (water filled etc) and the wine steward was lovely. However, I found my waiter snooty and not so interested in being helpful or attentive. The food was exquisite. Presentation was perfect. What took away from that was the waiter's attitude.Special Features:
- My experienceoutstandingDined on 9/16/2014This is an excellent place to enjoy your date or friends on a great ambiance and delicious food ! Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- legofffDined on 9/16/2014this restaurant was good but way too loud, and really did not feel like a cantonese restaurant but rather a hot spot with thumping music and foodSpecial Features:
- Fantastic!SThadVIPDined on 9/15/2014I couldn't believe I was in San Francisco! It felt like we were at the hottest spot in New York or London. I absolutely loved it and would go back again for a special occasion. The food was absolutely phenomenal. Service was beyond excellent, and the bar service was particularly good.Special Features:
- Food fabulous! Service jumpy..SFCMVIPDined on 9/15/2014We loved this restaurant and will definitely come back. Those dumplings were to die for! The atmosphere reminds us of fun club/restaurants in Hong Kong and China. Our only complaint was not our food server but the bus people. Our server was sweet, pleasant and a good describer of the food so we knew what to order. Our problem was bussers hovered around us, swooped in every couple minutes if we almost finished a platter they wanted to take everything away so quickly. We had trouble relaxing. At the end of our meal, we were going to take left overs and even told our server that but the jumpy busser grabbed our platter and dumped the food onto another plate in a split second so we couldn't even stop him. Great food, jumpy serviceSpecial Features:
- MalmurphDined on 9/13/2014Overall great food and we had outstanding service! I would highly recommend this restaurant for anyone looking for a higher end meal for date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great upscale Chinese foodnopalitanDined on 9/13/2014In a land inundated with greasy (and very comforting, not really complaining) Asian food from let's admit sorta dingy places, Hakkasan stands out proud as a top quality upscale Chinese restaurant. The ambience reminds you of old Jackie Chan movies and you half expect people to break through the walls at any time. First, let's start with the cocktails. They are great, nothing ambiguous about it. Try the smoky negroni, it's served with actual smoke from hickory chips in an old school bottle, visually very cool, also great tasting. The hakka is fruity, but has lychee; I'm a sucker for lychee. The appetizers and entrees were well executed with all the usual flavor suspects, though it was a tad repetitive. The desserts were fancy chef level.Special Features:
- sucker for great food!luvhotfoodDined on 9/12/2014I had asked for table #41 ...why can't they oblige especially when I did not reserve at the last minute?Special Features:
- Great food, Dragon room very nicefoodie2265Dined on 9/12/2014Alyssa (group reservation manager) at Hakkasan was wonderful, dealing with our 20 person made-at-the-last minute reservation. Food was great, team really enjoyed the restaurant, private room was quite and made conversation easy, multiple people said they'd come back on their own - highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!stonerfoodVIPDined on 9/12/2014Was not expecting an amazing and upscale dim sum restaurant, but that is exactly what it is. Prices are fair, service is impeccable, ambiance is top notch, food is exciting, challenging and so so yummy. One note is that they play club music (only way to describe) pretty loudly even at lunch. Uhnstsa uhnstsa uhnstsa. Too much. I asked if they could turn it down and they did. Probably won't be as accommodating at dinner...They have locations at the MGM in Vegas and the Fountain Bleu in Miami Beach, so maybe the music is what "their" customer wants. When will that trend of clubbing during dinner end? Honestly, it's the worst. The food, however, was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BraisedleeksVIPDined on 9/11/2014Food is excellent but order generously as servings are very small.Special Features:
- Hip and trendyJJofLosAltosDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I had dinner at Hakkasan to celeberate our wedding anniversary. We were told Hakkasan had an amazing ambience so we were excited to experience it ourselves. The place was quite hip and trendy with a blue-lit bar and music you expect at a Manhattan establishment. Although my husband and I didn't order a cocktail (we had wine), we were quite impressed with the selection. The food was very good albeit expensive. We had the chilean sea bass, the duck, and tri-tip stir-fry and fried rice. Although we loved everything about Hakkasan, we don't think we'll be returning to Hakkasan unless it's on someone else's expense :-)Special Features:
- Amazing ambienceTkdADined on 9/6/2014The place looks good and feels good. Food is generally great. They have a good variety of vegetarian options which is a major plus! The waitress was very friendly and attentive- service gets an A too! A little pricey but the quality of food is worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for dinnerturbotimDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I had a great Saturday night dinner, just before we went to see Motown up the street. Overall, the dinner experience was very good. The only negative was how long we had to wait before we were waited on. We sat for over 5 minutes while we watched the group of 4 next to us, who were seated after us, get taken care of. I then got up and asked the hostess why we were being ignored. She was very apologetic and from then on, the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Delicious lunchmissxlenaDined on 9/4/2014$29 for 3 courses at lunch is a great deal, and the food is delicious!Special Features:
- LunchDimSumVIPDined on 9/4/2014Fairly good spot to go. I like the bathroom the most.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional service & food - alwaysYKhanDined on 9/3/2014The subject of this post says it all. Gerald/Gerard (apologies!) was exceptional in looking after us and Lauren as usual was outstanding and welcoming a host. Can't recommend this place any higher. The vegetarian hot and sour soup is a personal favorite of mine followed by spicy prawn. Thank you to the wonderful Hakkasan staff for making this place a great great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High end contemporary Chineselive4foodVIPDined on 8/30/2014Definitely a special occasion restaurant. The ambiance is nice, plenty of staff running around. Food is acceptable. The bar is beautiful. A couple would be best off eating at the bar.Special Features:
- good drinks, bad foodsklein382VIPDined on 8/29/2014I worked recommend this only for drinks, all of our food dishes were terrible (dry chicken, overly saucy). The cocktails were ask very nice and well made however.Special Features:
- What a night!tricrichtonDined on 8/29/2014I had the pleasure of taking my wife (Chinese) and her family her last Friday and EVERYBODY loved it! Thanks Hakkasan!Special Features:
- Great overall experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014Food was fantastic. The service was irreproachable and the waitress very helpful in helping us select dishes and Sake. The Har Gau and duck salad were especially good.Special Features:
- Monica's MealMvwomackDined on 8/23/2014Dinner was absolutely delicious. We attended a comedy club after dinner and we didn't have heavy, bloated feeling that people sometimes get after a meal. The food was delicious and the ambience of the restaurant was magnificent. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- It's About the AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014We met some out of town guests at Hakkasan as it had come highly recommended. While the bar is excellent (special call out to the bartenders) and the atmosphere lovely (and better than most as far as San Francisco restaurants go), I found that the food was inappropriately expensive for what it was. It was good, but we are not talking gourmet five-star restaurant level dining here. Food was far more typical of what you would find in any neighborhood Asian-inspired place but priced about three times higher. I am happy to pay for spectacular culinary treats (and do in cities like Chicago and New York), but this was good in an average way only. Nice time, but go because of the atmosphere, not the food or associated cost.Special Features: