Hakkasan - San Francisco
One Kearny Street
San Francisco, CA 94108Neighborhood:
Financial District / Embarcadero
ChinesePrice: $50 and over
Hakkasan - San Francisco
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://hakkasan.com/sanfrancisco/
- Phone: (415) 829-8148
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 11:30am - 2:30pm
Saturday 11:30am - 3pm
Monday 5:30pm - 10pm
Tuesday - Saturday 5:30pm - 11pm
Monday 11:30am - 11pm
Tuesday - Saturday 11:30am - 12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dim Sum, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Michelin-starred Chef Ho Chee Boon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Hakkasan San Francisco can accommodate private events from 12 to 250 guests. Please call the restaurant directly to request additional information regarding special event accommodations.
A word from Hakkasan - San Francisco
Located in one of the most food-centric cities in the U.S., Hakkasan San Francisco has become a culinary destination for locals and tourists alike. Accessible yet sophisticated, Hakkasan has redefined the modern Chinese fine-dining experience. “Modern authenticity” is at the heart of everything from the design of its chic, sensuous interior to the execution of its Michelin-starred modern Cantonese menu, to an expansive wine and cocktail program, carefully curated by the talented Hakkasan mixologists.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hakkasan - San Francisco reviews from OpenTable diners
215 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (125)special occasion (109)vibrant bar scene (97)hot spot (97)good for groups (80)great for lunch (55)romantic (54)notable wine list (39)neighborhood gem (32)late-night find (22)great for brunch (18)scenic view (11)kid-friendly (8)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Bad service todayMarcoxxxVIPDined on 11/24/2014we use to have lunch and sometimes dinner in this excellent restaurant but this time we order first tea and we were served just befor desserts, and expresso was served time after the check and when we were leaving!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just....excellentJeannieVIPDined on 11/19/2014We love Victor...he has waited on us several times, and what we enjoy is letting him choose what we eat. He begins with asking us how hungry each of us is...on a scale of 1 to 10. Then he asks about food dislikes, allergies, etc...and whether we prefer meat, more fish, or a balance....Suffice it to say that it was an excellent dinner. We will return again....and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food, great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/18/2014We had a group of seven for dinner. We ordered an assortment of dishes off the "small plate" menu and did family style sharing. All the food was deleicious, I didn't eat one thing that I didn't like. The duck salad was awesome, the fried chicken and the ribs were delicious, and all the buns were solid. Can't really say anything bad about my experience other than the fact that we had a cramped space for 7 adult men.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More money than sense? The perfect spot for you!MoxieInSFDined on 11/17/2014My husband and I waited to go to this restaurant for our anniversary. They try very hard to be elegant and high end but come off as a spoiled prentencious child from the Marina. It's dark, no views, tables are so close together you can't help but include the people next to you in your conversation. When we sat down you had to straddle the table leg as the table was pushed right up to bench. Also uncomfortable raised metal lip on the edge of the table. Our waitress spoke way to fast and didn't speak up loud enough to be heard over the house dance music. In addition she felt it necessary to put on a British accent. It was very odd and just added to the difficulty in inderstanding her. She failed to check back with us on each of our courses and we had to get a busboy to get a doggy bag and our bill. The entire evening if felt like we were inconveniencing her. The food was adequate but for what they are charging it should be out of this world. The lobster in the lobster soup was still attached to the shell and they gave you no utensils to work with removing lobster meat from the shell. The duck salad was yummy but that was mostly because of the dressing. The duck egg rolls were dry and bland. Our shrimp entre tasted fishy like old shrimp. The sweet and sour pork was good but not great. The green beans had too much stuff added to them and would have been better being a little less cooked and much less sauce/meat/seasoning. Dessert was both spectacularily generous and equally skimpy. The fresh fruit platter was absolutely stunning! Wide variety of fruits and very generous. The same can not be said for the sorbet assortment. Three extremely tiny, like the size of a large melon ball, scoops of tasty sorbet most of which was wasted because they served it on top of a heaping pile of powdered sugar. It was not a pretty nor tasty display of freshly made sorbet. Save your money. Go to a better tasting restaurant in China Town for a fourth the price.
- PeskyVIPDined on 11/17/2014The Best Sea Bass ever! And I have had it many places!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such great finding of Chinese restaurantBeagleVIPDined on 11/15/2014We had a craving for Chinese food at the night. However, we cannot find any one near where we stay in the hotel. Also, it was difficult to get a table particularly on Sat night. We searched and found the only one where we can get a table at 10:00m. We had so much food during the day, so we can wait until 10:00pm and give it a try. We did not come with high expectation as we though it is a fusion and fancy restaurant, the food will not be as genuine as traditional Chinese food. Wow, it turned out so so so good. We ordered a garlic Chinese broccoli, steamed red snapper with black beans, braised free run chicken with green onions and clear bamboo shoot and mushroom soup. Actually we ordered a sweat and sour pork, too, but we later requested if we can cancel either the chicken or pork if they have not yet been cooked as we started feeling full after having soup and two dishes. As the chicken had been ready to serve, we cancelled the pork. We believed that the pork must be good based on the first three dishes we had. The chef is very creative, but still remains the taste of Chinese food should be. Not too greasy and salty, just right and perfect. The Chinese broccoli with garlic is the best I've had ever in other Chinese restaurants. The presentation of the steamed fish is pleasant and easy to eat. No bones and they cut into chunk pieces with black bean and chili source on the top and garnished with some ginger and green onions. The free run chicken is very good. The tenderness of the chicken and the mixed of the source and seasoning makes us ordered a second bowel of steamed rice to go with it. Even we felt so full, we still ordered one dessert to share. The pistachio and taro ice cream was so good and the texture of the ice cream is so smoothy. I do have not a sweet tooth, but I almost share a half with my boyfriend this time. I will definitely come back to this restaurant if we revisit SF.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MerewetherVIPDined on 11/14/2014Dishes were vey good to excellent, service smooth and professional, decor sophisticated, noise level, even at what we thought would be a calmer 6:30, was so high as to make conversation impossible.
- Lacked careJB123Dined on 11/13/2014When we ate at Hakkkasan SF on Thursday it felt as if we were ushered into making our meal decisions instead of being granted the time to sit, appreciate, and enjoy. When my guest and I were clearly involved in conversation, wait staff found it necessary to interrupt us to tell about the dish that was being served. Understandable if there was no dialog happening, but tactless when such communication was at hand. Funnily enough, the evening of over zealous attention lead to us finishing our plates and waiting a considerable amount of time before anyone even looked to bus the table. I had to call someone to do it. This is in a busy part of the restaurant, too. I paid for 5 star, but what I feel i received was 3.5.Special Features:
- Outstanding lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/11/2014Service and food were outstanding. Flavor combinations in all the dishes we ordered were excellent. Portion size in the fixed price menu were very generous. Our waitress made suggestions for wine pairing that were spot on! Great SF views from the windows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Service Ruined It...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/8/2014We very excited to try it out, but the Service was some of the worst that I have had. It took 45 minutes to get our first drink. Appetizers were delivered before them and they were pretty unapologetic about it.Special Features:
- Dim sum go to!Nurseluvs2dineDined on 11/8/2014Enjoyed the quiet and classy ambience and dim sum was very good. Crab coquette, pumpkin puff, shiu mai, chive dumpling, duck salad were delicious. Won ton soup was a little salty, but all good. Will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mind-numbingly loudOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/7/2014Delicious food is overrun by the noise from the insane, beyond-loud and obnoxious bar scene. Best items are dim sum and the most inventive dessert ever. Stick to lunch, where you can hear your own thoughts.Special Features:
- Delicious and great service!woosmileyVIPDined on 11/6/2014The services were great! The entrees we had were delicious. My lychee martinis were only half-filled in the mid-sized martini glass which is less than before when I had it at Hakkasan-SF and Hakkasan-NYC. That's slightly disappointing.Special Features:
- Terrific!LoveSFrestaurantsDined on 11/5/2014Every time I visit the restaurant I ask the server to pick 6-8 items off the dim sum menu and deliver them one or two at a time over an hour. Have always been thrilled!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice place to enjoy party of 2OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/4/2014suitable for couples or lover. Service is just so so. If you want to experience chinese food different from China town, a nice place to goSpecial Features:
- settinggsilesDined on 10/30/2014Very cutting edge décor. The dim sum was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food cheap drinksBaddrinksVIPDined on 10/27/2014Great food but the drinks are nothing but a big glass overflowing with ice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prix Fixe DealCaligalVIPDined on 10/23/2014Always wanted to try this spot, and finally went for a business lunch. The ambience is lovely, and the place was packed. Ordered the $30 prix fixe meal, which is huge: dim sum, main course with rice and vegetable, polished off by some yummy macaroons.Special Features:
- Great Ambiance and ServiceCsfaDined on 10/22/2014Love the interior design/vibe. Service was absolutely outstanding. Food and cocktails are fairly overpriced for what they are, but are very tasty. This is not a place that one would go frequently after work, perhaps a destination for special occasions or to take client out for a special treat.Special Features:
- Great decor and awesome food.MadeleinetpVIPDined on 10/17/2014Hakkasan is a very special place. You would never know that One Kearny has such a beautifully decorated restaurant on the first floor. The food is very tasty, each dish is very well prepared and the flavors are very subtle yet distinctive. Our table of six was lovely and well conceived with its oval shape. Too bad that the table across us had two toddlers that screamed uncontrollably throughout their meal leaving us to wonder why parents would chose to bring such young children to a such a high end restaurant that clearly doesn't offer baby food.Special Features:
- Great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/17/2014The great service from our hostess Lauren made the experience unique and memorable!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- everything ok but the hostOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2014Food was average based on the price. Waiter provided pretty good service. The only issue I had was with the guy/host that took us to our table. Wasn't friendly, no hi, thank you, or smile. Just took us to our table and walked away. Maybe he had a bad day or something. But if you want to be recognized as a higher end restaurant, then please act like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dim Sun Ever... Period!MarkonMauiVIPDined on 10/11/2014My wife, Son and I were visiting San Fran and wanted to get some good dim sum while we were in town but instead we got the BEST Dim Sum we ever had! It was edible art that tasted as good as it looked. My son is 7yrs old and kept asking for more, he ate as much as me, and I can eat! I couldn't recommend this place enough. The service was friendly and professional and the setting was spectacular. We went at lunch time and the prices were very reasonable, actually cheap considering the quality of the food. It will be our first stop when we return to the city.Special Features:
- Lovely birthday dinnerKFSanRafaelDined on 10/4/2014Took my sweetie here for his birthday, and was not disappointed! The dim sum were incredibly tasty, and we both enjoyed the other courses. The cocktails and desserts were outstanding, with fantastic presentation. Yes, it is a bit overpriced; I'd only go there for special occasions. The noise level was fine; I was expecting it to be much louder; maybe it was because we were there on the early side (6 pm).Special Features:
- golden week dinnerBenjiDined on 10/3/2014The special I also dinner for Golden Week was fantastic. The dishes were beyond the typical Chinese preparation of these dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice EnvironmentOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 10/2/2014This is a really good place for a special dinner. Very nice interior finishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentDiepVIPDined on 10/2/2014Went with girlfriends based on reviews and recommendations as an out of town guest. Had high hopes for a great meal but unfortunately, the experience fell short. Apps and entrees were overall good but not as as well seasoned nor true to the Asian flavors as I had expected. The prices were extremely expensive for each entree ($40 for the cod entree) and rice was charged separately!! What Chinese restaurant charges for rice? The worst part of the dining experience was our server's lack of knowledge on ingredients in dishes and his poor timing on bringing us needed items and checking in after entrees were served. He seemed confused the whole time he served us!For a restaurant charging $40-80 an entree, the service should have perfection.Special Features:
- AMAZING!PatsyDined on 10/1/2014WE loved this restaurant. The food was amazing and the service was outstanding. We will go back as a team and I plan to take my husband and family back for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Excellent food. Good presentation. lovely. Will be my usual go to place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingKlakeDined on 9/27/2014We went for lunch and was very impressed. The food was amazing and the atmosphere was like being in Las Vegas. The food is rather expensive, our lunch was over $400 for four people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYCFoodieDined on 9/26/2014We were visiting SF from NY for my husband's birthday. The food was great and we were seated right away. The only issue was that the service was very slow and after we ordered the waiter was hard to find again. He didn't really check on us much during the meal. He forgot to place an order for a dish and it was too late by the time he finally came around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very attentive serviceMomof2Dined on 9/26/2014I always find Hakkasan to be such a treat. The food is delicious and the service is highly attentive and pleasant. The scene is always happening at the bar, making a walk to the cool restrooms fun. You will relax, enjoy and just feel sexy in this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top chef dim sumaaaaDined on 9/24/2014Hakkasan nailed everything for our new hire lunch. Great food, good service, only complaint would be the shock and horror at the bill. roughly $25 a head was quite high for a light lunch of dimsum (not our usual gorge fest). But I would temper that with, you get what you pay for, everything about this experience was polished. I'm glad I did it once, but is a bit rich for my budget.Special Features:
- Delicious food, uneven serviceBabeVIPDined on 9/20/2014Arrived at 6:30, on time. Seated and still/sparkling water served immediately. 20 minutes later the waiter arrived, took our drink/food order. Another 20 minutes, everything arrived at once. The table was packed as we were 6 and were eating family style. We had ordered almost all of their specialty items and the food was delicious. We decided to order 2 more of our choices, as they were our favorites. Miraculously they arrived in just minutes. The waiter was extremely attentive after we said something to the manager. We will definitely return for the food, but hope they train their waitstaff better. Really loved the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a Chic night outWoffySFVIPDined on 9/20/2014The restaurant signage needs to be better. Walked past the door 3 times because the sign was unlit and far above eye-sight. They should light up the sign. Went into the first floor lobby. The hostess asked for our coats. Never being there before, it was weird to ask for my coat in the generic first floor. They should either make the entryway much nicer, to reflect the restaurant, or just get rid of the person there. It's confusing. Finally sat down at the bar. Nice drink selection, good people watching and good music. Dinner was good. The Duck Salad was a standout. The rice was delicious. Everything else was very good, but I've had better. Overall nice place to go and get dressed up. There is better food in SF though.Special Features:
- spectacular food, in a nice spotFrankDined on 9/19/2014All the dishes were amaizing but specially tge trouffle noodls and the chocolate dumplingsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely experience but...FoodloverofLebanonDined on 9/17/2014Decor was lovely but I was shocked at the noise level as I entered the restaurant. So glad I was seated away from the bar area. I found the lower level wait staff very attentive (water filled etc) and the wine steward was lovely. However, I found my waiter snooty and not so interested in being helpful or attentive. The food was exquisite. Presentation was perfect. What took away from that was the waiter's attitude.Special Features:
- My experienceoutstandingDined on 9/16/2014This is an excellent place to enjoy your date or friends on a great ambiance and delicious food ! Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- legofffDined on 9/16/2014this restaurant was good but way too loud, and really did not feel like a cantonese restaurant but rather a hot spot with thumping music and foodSpecial Features:
- Fantastic!SThadVIPDined on 9/15/2014I couldn't believe I was in San Francisco! It felt like we were at the hottest spot in New York or London. I absolutely loved it and would go back again for a special occasion. The food was absolutely phenomenal. Service was beyond excellent, and the bar service was particularly good.Special Features: