Hakkasan New York
311 West 43rd Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $50 and over
Hakkasan New York
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://hakkasan.com/newyork/
- Phone: 2127761818
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am , Sunday 5:30-10:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dim Sum, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Michelin-starred Chef Ho Chee Boon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Late Night, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Hakkasan New York can accommodate private events from 12 to 350 guests. Please call the restaurant directly to request additional information regarding special event accommodations.
A word from Hakkasan New York
Located off of Times Square, Hakkasan New York offers a distinctive experience where modern Cantonese cuisine, world-class mixology and dramatic design converge. The dining experience is intimate and chic, inviting guests to taste the artistry created by Michelin-starred Chef Ho Chee Boon. The culinary journey features dishes inspired by local flavors and influences as well as Hakkasan classics such as stir-fried black pepper rib-eye beef with Merlot and silver cod with champagne and Chinese honey suited for any sophisticated palate. Accompanying the delectable menu are expansive wine and cocktail programs, carefully curated by the talented Hakkasan mixologists.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerChinese
Hakkasan New York - Best Restaurants in Midtown West ›
Hakkasan New York reviews from OpenTable diners
282 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (155)fit for foodies (140)hot spot (109)good for groups (98)vibrant bar scene (82)romantic (71)late-night find (49)notable wine list (41)neighborhood gem (40)great for brunch (32)great for lunch (21)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (7)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- wow! Wow! WOW!!!ManhattanVIPDined on 9/14/2014Well, nothing is perfect of course but we honestly couldn't find anything wrong with this restaurant. The atmosphere is as elegant and classy as the first Hakkasan in London (where we used to dine a lot when we lived there). Beautiful design, hip but warm and welcoming. And it's not just about the design and feel, the food is AMAZING too!!! Big portions, wonderful for sharing, perfectly prepared and elegantly served. We live in Midtown Manhattan and when people say the food here is overpriced, they obviously must be from out of town, to us locals, this is a great value restaurant. And then to the wonderful staff: very professional, warm and knowledgeable, from Maitre d' to the busboys and not to forget the great doorman, wow! Wow! WOW!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New York restaurantJornemannDined on 9/7/2014It's the total experience which make Hakkasan such a great restaurant; the service, the atmosphere, and of course the excellent food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and cool atmosphereEvieDined on 9/6/2014Great food, great service and a fantastic atmosphere! Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretentious staff and mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/6/2014When made a reservation on OpenTable, nowhere it says it is “business casual”, even in the confirmation. Went for my spouse for the birthday celebration, a scary looking bouncer at the door refused to let us in. We live nearby and asked to push back reservation. The bouncer escorted us in, hostess coldly changed our reservation, and we were escorted back out promptly. Really? Did we commit a crime that deserved public shaming?! We came back, finally got seated. The only decent dish was roasted silver cod. Others were greasy, overcooked, overpowered by spices. The Jasmine Tea Smoked Chicken has little taste other than the skin (the meat was like dry cloth). The Hakka Noodle—supposedly its signature is worse than Panda Express quality.
- JohnVIPDined on 9/6/2014If a customer fequests no picy because fof health reasons the food arriving to the table should be consistent with the request and not after carefully explaing to the waiter that it is a dietetic requirement she comes up with a very spicy dish. So how good is the service? Shall we say careless? To be nice? We like Hakkasan and servers change frecuently. Some care about doing a good job some dont care. Its obvious.
- Hakkasan New YorkLion26KingVIPDined on 9/5/2014I kept asking myself, "This is Cantonese Cuisine?" It was amazing and beautiful as well. New Yorkers, get over yourselves and dress presentably for this one. For full write-up go to www.celluloidclun.blogspot.com .Special Features:
- Great food - poor customerserviceMrsIngaDined on 9/3/2014Tasty food and cool premises, but the staff spoke condescending about customers. Great customer service by the ladies at the entrace! They were very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The modern Chinese restaurantLukeDined on 9/2/2014We went this Restaurant after enjyoyed the musical. also we enjoyed the dinner and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- arunnayarDined on 8/29/2014third time there and each time a great experience! Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long time waitingVaffDined on 8/28/2014Had to wait 30 min after my reservation time. My reservation was 21:00 and the hostess kept us waiting for about 30 minutes at the bar.
- Excellent FindPhilandTinaDined on 8/28/2014This restaurant far exceeded our expectations. We will return here on future visits to New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seen better days.ProEaterVIPDined on 8/27/2014I asked for some chili sauce that I had been given on a previous visit and was treated as if I was an idiot and/or an outright liar. Instead, we asked for some chopped chili, which arrived in a microscopic amount. No big deal, but imagine our surprise when we were charged $3 extra. It's not the money: God knows how much I've dropped at this place on cocktails and food over the years; it's the attitude. When we questioned the charge, the server and his colleague grumbled between themselves and snarkily offered to drop the charge, as if we were some kind of cheapskates. There are plenty of more deserving places to spend your money in New York. Hakkasan's best days seem to be behind it.
- LeasiaLeasiaDined on 8/22/2014Always a great experience! Had the soft shell crab with curry leaf as one of my small eats choice. Excellent. Each time I dine here, I leave thinking about what I will order upon my return.Special Features:
- Delicious food, excellent service !BernieDined on 8/18/2014One of the best Chinese restaurant I ' ve ever gone. Everything was excellent , the only thing is level of the music. Desserts are outstanding !Special Features:
- cocolinDined on 8/17/2014The waiter seems disorganize, but the manager did great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ca11FoCa11FoDined on 8/16/2014Great Chinese food. Great staff. Fantastic Bar. I'll be back ASAP.Special Features:
- PushDined on 8/15/2014Fun place- great food and one of the best restaurants I have ever been to. The spicy prawns is a must. The Lychee cocktail is also fantastic and great value for money!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week (solo)RaymLDined on 8/15/2014I had to reserve about three weeks ahead of time to get a table here on the last night of Restaurant Week. The place was first class and modern with almost a high end hotel/night club feel. I tried the fried soft shell crab as the appetizer, which was very good. I had the stir-fried black pepper rib-eye beef with merlot as the entrée; I found the beef very tender, but to me, the sauce had hints of a house made A-1 steak sauce. I chose the vanilla parfait (real vanilla beans in there) with black pepper dusted strawberries for the tasty dessert, though I wish it was bigger. Though not dressed that way, the waitresses and hostesses were prettier/hotter than those at Spice Market and Indochine. The bar area was gorgeous, but no (sports) TVs.Special Features:
- Great dining experience.fritzieDined on 8/13/2014My party really enjoyed our visit.The menu selections, food preparation,presentation, and tastes were outstanding. The service was first-rate. We look forward to returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Disappointment here!NYC2MIAFoodieDined on 8/13/2014Great service, food, and ambiance. My family and I were extremely pleased and the Restaurant Week menu was superb. I'll continue to come back, and not just during restaurant week.Special Features:
- GoodMonacaroVIPDined on 8/12/2014Very nice place, good food & service. Dim sum awesome. Other dishes very classicalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingJulienNewYorkVIPDined on 8/12/2014I had been there 5 times already for business lunch. First time I go for RW. We arrived very early hoping to be seated sooner, the hostess said ok and then I think she forgot about us. We ended up seated 20 min later than our original reservation time. Not cool. Food is good but it is way too expensive for the taste and quality, same with drinks. It is very loud so be prepared - I do not mind that much. And it is a strange crowd. Probably won't be back.Special Features:
- Great AmbienceNYVISITORDined on 8/12/2014Went with 2 friends. The restaurant was very busy and there were a lot of people due to restaurant week. The food was above average and the service was good even on a busy night. Will go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great and unique Chinese resturantBarryDined on 8/11/2014Really liked this restaurant.A bit pricey but food was excellent and nice drink menu to.A little on the noisy side and the service could have been a little better but overall a great place.Would recommend it but more for a special occasion or date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalJasonMDined on 8/10/2014I wouldn't normally review a restaurant week visit, but it's clear to me that Hakkasan didn't skimp like most places when it came to the discounted menu. With as many restaurants as there are in NY, there's rarely a reason to return to the same restaurant, but I'm already looking forward to my next visit to Hakkasan. The drinks were excellent, the server was super friendly and knowledgable, and I didn't understand before this visit that Chinese cuisine could be lifted the first-class level that Hakkasan seems to achieve effortlessly. I'm so glad I was able to experience it, and cannot wait to go back.Special Features:
- noisyJoBabeDined on 8/9/2014I was quite dissapointed as I know the London house. In NYC even though decoration, details and personell try to reproduce the London's atmosphere, ithas been not successful. The food was good, but the whole experience was very much poirer than the 2 stars Michelin restaurant I have visited once in Europe. It was very noisy with children around and young ladies screaming. No idea why but it seems the cool and elegant atmosphere could not be transported from London to New York.
- New age ChineseJacobDined on 8/9/2014We usually do not eat in Chinese restaurants but Hakksan was outstanding. The place is cool like a Buddha Bar. The food was one of the best we have eaten in a long time. The presentation is beautiful. The service very good and the desserts yummy. Tabs are a bit pricy.Special Features:
- No es para quien busque excelenciaArgentoDined on 8/8/2014Muy trendy pero lo snob no va con la calidad. Solo para quien busca decir, fui a tal lugarSpecial Features:
- Ok and PriceyBubbaVIPDined on 8/8/2014Restaurant week dinner. The place has nice decor and the service is attentive, if not elegant. This being the restaurant week menu, hard to judge the overall offerings of this place. Restaurant menu included essentially sweet and sour pork, beef stir fry and shrimp curry. Apps included some dim sum and an awesome soft shell crab. You could easily pay less than 1/2 at a regular chinese restaurant, so you're paying for the decor and atmosphere here. If you have the cash or if someone else is paying...then this may be your place.
- Not worth the hypetinyeaterDined on 8/7/2014Went for restaurant week with a friends and was very disappointed. Besides the awesome drinks, the service is very slow. The food was not even mediocre at best. I have had better food at a neighborhood Chinese take out. For appetizers we got dim sum (steamed) & mushroom lettuce wraps. The lettuce wrap was by far the best food I had during the meal. For entree it was the tofu with minced beef and prawns in curry. The prawns were awesome the tofu not so much. And finally for dessert it was a fennel (I think) ice cream in a peach soup and a strawberry panna cota. The strawberry panna cota tasted like a melted strawberry milk shake, really quite bad. The ice cream in peach soup...was actually delicious. Save your money!Special Features:
- Excellent!!!CookaholicDined on 8/7/2014We were 4 people and went for dinner during Restaurant week. First off the decor is simply amazing. This is a very hip place and we had a 9:30 reservation. My Only complaint is that we were seated only by 10. Their restaurant week menu was amazing.. Highly recommend the soft shell crab appetizer, fried and steamed dumplings. The shrimp and the rib eye were also very flavorful as main courses. The portions are large especially for restaurant week. We would definitely come back here especially as we have theater subscription at 2nd stage which is next door. This has been my best restaurant week experience for 2014..highly recommend it if you like Chinese. Way better than Shun lee and the restSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as usualMilacikVIPDined on 8/6/2014Fantastic RW dinner and we also ordered our favorite honey glazed sea bass that was delicious as usual. Despite of 9pm reservation there were able to seat us at 7.30pm when we arrived. Edgy our server absolutely rocked! This is called hospitality! NYC has 11,000 restaurants and Hakkasan is the only one I keep coming back to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, excellent serviceUESEaterDined on 8/6/2014Restaurant week menu showed off the restaurant's imaginative approach well. Quality of ingredients was outstanding as was preparation. Service was relaxed but attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant experience!Petite4Dined on 8/6/2014It's a large space, but divided into many distinct areas, which creates a more intimate atmosphere. Very attentive service got us out in time for the theatre with no stress. Restaurant Week menu offered many of the dishes for which they are noted: steamed dumplings; spicy shrimp with lotus bulbs; and superb dessert macarons! The portions were well-sized and they offer a nice selection of beer, wine and nonalcoholic concoctions at reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Evening, good serviceFunwfoodDined on 8/5/2014Had a great time w girlfriends for restaurant week. Food and service was great, my only complaint is that the restaurant week menu was smaller portions than the regular menu and inconsistent in type of food. Not all entree or starter choices were equal to the others in size. Drinks were excellent. Overall good time though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/5/2014The restaurant is very nice and fancy! I liked the atmosphere but the restaurant was loud at times. I expected more from the food because of the high prices but the dishes were still very tasty. I went for restaurant week so the dishes were smaller. I hoped the food would be more gourmet and wished they had more vegetables.Special Features:
- Outstanding China RestaurantPatoniDined on 8/3/2014Excellent setting, delicious food. Better for dinner or late night visit.Special Features:
- Great foodGregusaDined on 8/2/2014Very good food and wine. We love their signature dish (dumplings). Will definitely go there again!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Great service, ok food for the price and nothing that I would return for. Cool ambiance but who likes/wants to smell incense while dining?
- Good pre-theatre optionYorkie73Dined on 8/2/2014Visited Hakkassan before heading to see a show. Food and service both really good. We knew about pre-theatre menu before visiting but had to ask for it as the server didn't offer it and only brought the a la carte menu. Theatre menu is a good value option but a little misleading as suggests a drink is included however when we got the bill we found out they're not so beware!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.