Hakkasan New York
311 West 43rd Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $50 and over
Hakkasan New York
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://hakkasan.com/newyork/
- Phone: 2127761818
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am , Sunday 5:30-10:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dim Sum, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Michelin-starred Chef Ho Chee Boon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Late Night, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Hakkasan New York can accommodate private events from 12 to 350 guests. Please call the restaurant directly to request additional information regarding special event accommodations.
A word from Hakkasan New York
Located off of Times Square, Hakkasan New York offers a distinctive experience where modern Cantonese cuisine, world-class mixology and dramatic design converge. The dining experience is intimate and chic, inviting guests to taste the artistry created by Michelin-starred Chef Ho Chee Boon. The culinary journey features dishes inspired by local flavors and influences as well as Hakkasan classics such as stir-fried black pepper rib-eye beef with Merlot and silver cod with champagne and Chinese honey suited for any sophisticated palate. Accompanying the delectable menu are expansive wine and cocktail programs, carefully curated by the talented Hakkasan mixologists.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerChinese
Hakkasan New York - Best Restaurants in Midtown West ›
Hakkasan New York reviews from OpenTable diners
275 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (149)special occasion (145)hot spot (114)good for groups (100)vibrant bar scene (83)romantic (80)late-night find (52)neighborhood gem (43)notable wine list (43)great for brunch (33)great for lunch (20)kid-friendly (11)scenic view (8)great for outdoor dining (6)Show More
- Surprisingly badTomNYCVIPDined on 10/15/2014This place gets great reviews, but I was really disappointed. Very cool ambiance, but the food was lukewarm, rubbery and not interesting. I've lived in China for 9 years, so I know a bit about Chinese food. The server was chirpy and nice, but came by too many times and each time completely interrupted our conversation to say "Wo how is everything?". This place is VERY expensive, so I was surprised by the low level of food quality and service. Won't be going back.Special Features:
- still, worth a visitMichael25Dined on 10/13/2014We came in 15 Min. early. It seems to be the policy to let the people wait to take a drink at the bar, even they have many tables ready. The service is professionell but not very friendly and the following of the courses are quick. Food is excellent, good wineselection but a little too expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServicesadjaiDined on 10/5/2014My guest drink of choice was BLACK LABEL Johnny Walker. A very basic drink. The severed him one shot , and ran out of it. To make it worse, we order 3 main courses. They all came out 15 mins apart from each other. And the dish recommended by he server, turn out to be the worst of all.; funny enough it was the first one served to us. NEVER TO GO BACK!!!
- Highly recommended!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/5/2014Great dim sum. The setting is beautiful. The space is generous but divided artfully，so there is privacy if you want it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service glitches, still excellentMrsMunchDined on 10/4/2014I'm guessing we had a fairly new waiter. We were given the wrong cocktails, one of our 2 appetizers was forgotten about & one of our entrees was incorrect, too! Even so, everything was fixed quickly & professionally and our food and drinks were excellent. We're willing to chalk the service glitches up to an off night. We'll definitely be back. The food is so good!Special Features:
- Good food, loud musicTibiDined on 10/3/2014We really had good food at the Hakkasan New York, however, the music was far too loud for our tast.Special Features:
- seems to improve each timekpn04VIPDined on 10/3/2014This is my third time at Hakkasan since they opened a couple of years ago. The first time we visited the experience wasn't great and felt it wasn't worth the price. The last visit however seemed to change that opinion. Everything we ordered was absolutely delicious. Maybe wee ordered better as well but everyone really enjoyed every bit of it. Our server was also extremely helpful and friendly which definitely helped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- omdaDined on 10/3/2014excellent foods and atmosphere, very enjoyable, highly recommend it for foodie, will differently visit it again when next in New yorkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GuestVIPDined on 10/2/2014Fantastic food and gracious, welcoming service. We tried some different selections and they were every bit as delicious as our favorites! Hakkasan is fabulous!Special Features:
- Celebrating GOLDEN WEEK ChinoiseProfessorVIPDined on 10/1/20141st October was the 65th anniversary of the Founding of the People's Republic of China and Hakkasan organized a special celebratory dinner, beginning with excellent dim sum and Peking Duck pancakes through a variety of main entrees and ending with hot steamed dumplings with chocolate sauce and ginger tea. The meal ended with a gift of chocolate-coated macaroons with gold-dust topping. At US$138 the meal would not have been for everyone, but it was absolutely top quality and well worth the cost. We understand that all of the restaurants Hakkasan has around the world were serving this same menu for a two-week period. It was quite magical.Special Features:
- I'll be back!altobarbDined on 10/1/2014Excellent food, which is served as it's ready, not in standard course order, and meant to be shared. Perfect service--our server reminded US that we might want the check to make the theater in time! Food is somewhat familiar but never exactly what you've had before--top notch ingredients prepared thoughtfully. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Too badtex1VIPDined on 9/30/2014Nothing worse than expensive restaurant and the waitress has an attitude.
- Somewhat disappointing!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/29/2014Very good food, but very pricey and not worth it to me
- Delicious Food, Poor ServiceCitronovaDined on 9/28/2014The food, as always was delicious but the service was bad. We were left sitting at the table without menus or drinks and had to ask for our server twice before he arrived. The appetizers arrived before the drinks and part of our entrees came before they had cleared the appetizers. It was a disappointing experience which was not expected from this type of restaurant.
- Great experienceCCheungVIPDined on 9/27/2014Love the atmosphere. The food was good, but some dishes were a little too salty.Special Features:
- GuestVIPDined on 9/26/2014Hakkasan is definitely one of my favorite restaurants, and I loved our fine waiter and delicious food, as always. But I did not like being kept waiting for 15 minutes when I arrived when the restaurant opened, with the excuse that they were still setting up!! With early curtain times, patrons should be seated and served promptly, please, and not be made to feel unwanted and embarassed.Special Features:
- Hakkasan NY Delivers the GoodsShodo13VIPDined on 9/24/2014Having been to both Hakkasan London and Beverly Hills, we were really pleasantly surprised to find the NY outpost to be the best of the 3. The food and service were outstanding on all levels. We were seated in a corner booth - awesome, had a great server, and chose a variety of dishes that really delivered on the promise of upscale Chinese at its best. Crab w/corn soup and Shanghai dumplings to start, then crispy chicken in a kumquat sauce, a delicate steamed sole, and a fantastic rendition of Schezuan green beans w/pork. All great. Do not miss the plain egg and scallion fried rice - it really adds to the meal. We ended with a crazy good peach tart with ginger ice cream - soooo good. Highly recommended for the super stylish.Special Features:
- Great Asian experienceCerisierDined on 9/21/2014We arrived quite late but got excellent service. Hakkasan offers an escape from TS's hectic scene and brings you the best of Asian cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so goodeoj2014Dined on 9/21/2014We were expecting the same great food & ambiance that we can find at both Hakkasan in London... Clearly our expectations were too high for this one. We left very disappointed!
- EndoSan1940Dined on 9/21/2014The ambiance and food are just great. The steamed dim-sums are fantastic. The fried ones no so mucho. The cod was good but plain (westernized). The duck (little squares) was also very good. I liked the unfiltered sake.Special Features:
- LorenzoDined on 9/21/2014Price points are kind of high, given the portion sizes, and in particular, if you do not have an expense account.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingTatsDined on 9/20/2014Went for my Fiances bday dinner and we had an amazing time. Our server Marvin A. was great! He helped us pick out some amazing dishes that we really enjoyed. Def recommending this place to everyone and excited to come back soon :).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- christianVIPDined on 9/20/2014We have eaten at Hakkasan NYC numerous times and continue to go back because everything is consistently very good. It doesn't matter what you pick off the menu since everything is prepared just right. Professional service is provided with a smile and the staff really tries to please. As an aside, the restaurant decor is stunning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceyoungfoodieDined on 9/20/2014I loved everything about the place except the waiter was a bit too quiet compared to the sound of the background music. The roast chicken was not as fantastic as the rest of out food. And we ordered 1 duck salad but the waiter got 2 :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!!!sdaudjeeDined on 9/20/2014We went to Hakkasan prior to a broadway play. It was our first time Eating there, our server was very helpful in recommending drinks and dishes that we would enjoy. The food was fantastic and the ambience was great also. I would never have thought it was child friendly from its website but it was and our children were not the only ones eating there that night. I would visit this establishment again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love it!AndersDined on 9/19/2014If you need a place with the latest hits performed by a good Dj combined with great food this is the place to beSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good!JosciclunaDined on 9/17/2014We went to Hakkasan in NYC. We had a good meal and the ambience is good but the waitress who was serving us wine ruined our experience. She refilled glasses with our wine to the guests sitting on the table next to us! We expected that at least we would be offered to have a free glass of wine after our bottle was half empty! As another reviewer said she has an attitude. I don't know if we are referring to the same person though,!Special Features:
- Solid chineseAsia6667Dined on 9/17/2014Totally solid choice, good pre theatre. Try the duck and trufflesSpecial Features:
- wow! Wow! WOW!!!ManhattanVIPDined on 9/14/2014Well, nothing is perfect of course but we honestly couldn't find anything wrong with this restaurant. The atmosphere is as elegant and classy as the first Hakkasan in London (where we used to dine a lot when we lived there). Beautiful design, hip but warm and welcoming. And it's not just about the design and feel, the food is AMAZING too!!! Big portions, wonderful for sharing, perfectly prepared and elegantly served. We live in Midtown Manhattan and when people say the food here is overpriced, they obviously must be from out of town, to us locals, this is a great value restaurant. And then to the wonderful staff: very professional, warm and knowledgeable, from Maitre d' to the busboys and not to forget the great doorman, wow! Wow! WOW!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New York restaurantJornemannDined on 9/7/2014It's the total experience which make Hakkasan such a great restaurant; the service, the atmosphere, and of course the excellent food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and cool atmosphereEvieDined on 9/6/2014Great food, great service and a fantastic atmosphere! Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretentious staff and mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/6/2014When made a reservation on OpenTable, nowhere it says it is “business casual”, even in the confirmation. Went for my spouse for the birthday celebration, a scary looking bouncer at the door refused to let us in. We live nearby and asked to push back reservation. The bouncer escorted us in, hostess coldly changed our reservation, and we were escorted back out promptly. Really? Did we commit a crime that deserved public shaming?! We came back, finally got seated. The only decent dish was roasted silver cod. Others were greasy, overcooked, overpowered by spices. The Jasmine Tea Smoked Chicken has little taste other than the skin (the meat was like dry cloth). The Hakka Noodle—supposedly its signature is worse than Panda Express quality.
- JohnVIPDined on 9/6/2014If a customer fequests no picy because fof health reasons the food arriving to the table should be consistent with the request and not after carefully explaing to the waiter that it is a dietetic requirement she comes up with a very spicy dish. So how good is the service? Shall we say careless? To be nice? We like Hakkasan and servers change frecuently. Some care about doing a good job some dont care. Its obvious.
- Hakkasan New YorkLion26KingVIPDined on 9/5/2014I kept asking myself, "This is Cantonese Cuisine?" It was amazing and beautiful as well. New Yorkers, get over yourselves and dress presentably for this one. For full write-up go to www.celluloidclun.blogspot.com .Special Features:
- Great food - poor customerserviceMrsIngaDined on 9/3/2014Tasty food and cool premises, but the staff spoke condescending about customers. Great customer service by the ladies at the entrace! They were very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The modern Chinese restaurantLukeDined on 9/2/2014We went this Restaurant after enjyoyed the musical. also we enjoyed the dinner and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- arunnayarDined on 8/29/2014third time there and each time a great experience! Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long time waitingVaffDined on 8/28/2014Had to wait 30 min after my reservation time. My reservation was 21:00 and the hostess kept us waiting for about 30 minutes at the bar.
- Excellent FindPhilandTinaDined on 8/28/2014This restaurant far exceeded our expectations. We will return here on future visits to New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seen better days.ProEaterVIPDined on 8/27/2014I asked for some chili sauce that I had been given on a previous visit and was treated as if I was an idiot and/or an outright liar. Instead, we asked for some chopped chili, which arrived in a microscopic amount. No big deal, but imagine our surprise when we were charged $3 extra. It's not the money: God knows how much I've dropped at this place on cocktails and food over the years; it's the attitude. When we questioned the charge, the server and his colleague grumbled between themselves and snarkily offered to drop the charge, as if we were some kind of cheapskates. There are plenty of more deserving places to spend your money in New York. Hakkasan's best days seem to be behind it.