Hakkasan New York
311 West 43rd Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $50 and over
Hakkasan New York
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://hakkasan.com/newyork/
- Phone: 2127761818
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am , Sunday 5:30-10:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dim Sum, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Michelin-starred Chef Ho Chee Boon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Late Night, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Hakkasan New York can accommodate private events from 12 to 350 guests. Please call the restaurant directly to request additional information regarding special event accommodations.
A word from Hakkasan New York
Located off of Times Square, Hakkasan New York offers a distinctive experience where modern Cantonese cuisine, world-class mixology and dramatic design converge. The dining experience is intimate and chic, inviting guests to taste the artistry created by Michelin-starred Chef Ho Chee Boon. The culinary journey features dishes inspired by local flavors and influences as well as Hakkasan classics such as stir-fried black pepper rib-eye beef with Merlot and silver cod with champagne and Chinese honey suited for any sophisticated palate. Accompanying the delectable menu are expansive wine and cocktail programs, carefully curated by the talented Hakkasan mixologists.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerChinese
Hakkasan New York - Best Restaurants in Midtown West ›
Hakkasan New York reviews from OpenTable diners
275 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (152)fit for foodies (141)hot spot (113)good for groups (98)vibrant bar scene (86)romantic (77)late-night find (49)neighborhood gem (41)notable wine list (40)great for brunch (32)great for lunch (20)scenic view (9)kid-friendly (7)great for outdoor dining (6)Show More
- Delicious Food, Poor ServiceCitronovaDined on 9/28/2014The food, as always was delicious but the service was bad. We were left sitting at the table without menus or drinks and had to ask for our server twice before he arrived. The appetizers arrived before the drinks and part of our entrees came before they had cleared the appetizers. It was a disappointing experience which was not expected from this type of restaurant.
- Great experienceCCheungVIPDined on 9/27/2014Love the atmosphere. The food was good, but some dishes were a little too salty.Special Features:
- GuestVIPDined on 9/26/2014Hakkasan is definitely one of my favorite restaurants, and I loved our fine waiter and delicious food, as always. But I did not like being kept waiting for 15 minutes when I arrived when the restaurant opened, with the excuse that they were still setting up!! With early curtain times, patrons should be seated and served promptly, please, and not be made to feel unwanted and embarassed.Special Features:
- Hakkasan NY Delivers the GoodsShodo13VIPDined on 9/24/2014Having been to both Hakkasan London and Beverly Hills, we were really pleasantly surprised to find the NY outpost to be the best of the 3. The food and service were outstanding on all levels. We were seated in a corner booth - awesome, had a great server, and chose a variety of dishes that really delivered on the promise of upscale Chinese at its best. Crab w/corn soup and Shanghai dumplings to start, then crispy chicken in a kumquat sauce, a delicate steamed sole, and a fantastic rendition of Schezuan green beans w/pork. All great. Do not miss the plain egg and scallion fried rice - it really adds to the meal. We ended with a crazy good peach tart with ginger ice cream - soooo good. Highly recommended for the super stylish.Special Features:
- Great Asian experienceCerisierDined on 9/21/2014We arrived quite late but got excellent service. Hakkasan offers an escape from TS's hectic scene and brings you the best of Asian cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so goodeoj2014Dined on 9/21/2014We were expecting the same great food & ambiance that we can find at both Hakkasan in London... Clearly our expectations were too high for this one. We left very disappointed!
- EndoSan1940Dined on 9/21/2014The ambiance and food are just great. The steamed dim-sums are fantastic. The fried ones no so mucho. The cod was good but plain (westernized). The duck (little squares) was also very good. I liked the unfiltered sake.Special Features:
- LorenzoDined on 9/21/2014Price points are kind of high, given the portion sizes, and in particular, if you do not have an expense account.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingTatsDined on 9/20/2014Went for my Fiances bday dinner and we had an amazing time. Our server Marvin A. was great! He helped us pick out some amazing dishes that we really enjoyed. Def recommending this place to everyone and excited to come back soon :).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- christianVIPDined on 9/20/2014We have eaten at Hakkasan NYC numerous times and continue to go back because everything is consistently very good. It doesn't matter what you pick off the menu since everything is prepared just right. Professional service is provided with a smile and the staff really tries to please. As an aside, the restaurant decor is stunning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceyoungfoodieDined on 9/20/2014I loved everything about the place except the waiter was a bit too quiet compared to the sound of the background music. The roast chicken was not as fantastic as the rest of out food. And we ordered 1 duck salad but the waiter got 2 :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!!!sdaudjeeDined on 9/20/2014We went to Hakkasan prior to a broadway play. It was our first time Eating there, our server was very helpful in recommending drinks and dishes that we would enjoy. The food was fantastic and the ambience was great also. I would never have thought it was child friendly from its website but it was and our children were not the only ones eating there that night. I would visit this establishment again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love it!AndersDined on 9/19/2014If you need a place with the latest hits performed by a good Dj combined with great food this is the place to beSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid chineseAsia6667Dined on 9/17/2014Totally solid choice, good pre theatre. Try the duck and trufflesSpecial Features:
- wow! Wow! WOW!!!ManhattanVIPDined on 9/14/2014Well, nothing is perfect of course but we honestly couldn't find anything wrong with this restaurant. The atmosphere is as elegant and classy as the first Hakkasan in London (where we used to dine a lot when we lived there). Beautiful design, hip but warm and welcoming. And it's not just about the design and feel, the food is AMAZING too!!! Big portions, wonderful for sharing, perfectly prepared and elegantly served. We live in Midtown Manhattan and when people say the food here is overpriced, they obviously must be from out of town, to us locals, this is a great value restaurant. And then to the wonderful staff: very professional, warm and knowledgeable, from Maitre d' to the busboys and not to forget the great doorman, wow! Wow! WOW!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New York restaurantJornemannDined on 9/7/2014It's the total experience which make Hakkasan such a great restaurant; the service, the atmosphere, and of course the excellent food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and cool atmosphereEvieDined on 9/6/2014Great food, great service and a fantastic atmosphere! Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretentious staff and mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/6/2014When made a reservation on OpenTable, nowhere it says it is “business casual”, even in the confirmation. Went for my spouse for the birthday celebration, a scary looking bouncer at the door refused to let us in. We live nearby and asked to push back reservation. The bouncer escorted us in, hostess coldly changed our reservation, and we were escorted back out promptly. Really? Did we commit a crime that deserved public shaming?! We came back, finally got seated. The only decent dish was roasted silver cod. Others were greasy, overcooked, overpowered by spices. The Jasmine Tea Smoked Chicken has little taste other than the skin (the meat was like dry cloth). The Hakka Noodle—supposedly its signature is worse than Panda Express quality.
- JohnVIPDined on 9/6/2014If a customer fequests no picy because fof health reasons the food arriving to the table should be consistent with the request and not after carefully explaing to the waiter that it is a dietetic requirement she comes up with a very spicy dish. So how good is the service? Shall we say careless? To be nice? We like Hakkasan and servers change frecuently. Some care about doing a good job some dont care. Its obvious.
- Hakkasan New YorkLion26KingVIPDined on 9/5/2014I kept asking myself, "This is Cantonese Cuisine?" It was amazing and beautiful as well. New Yorkers, get over yourselves and dress presentably for this one. For full write-up go to www.celluloidclun.blogspot.com .Special Features:
- Great food - poor customerserviceMrsIngaDined on 9/3/2014Tasty food and cool premises, but the staff spoke condescending about customers. Great customer service by the ladies at the entrace! They were very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The modern Chinese restaurantLukeDined on 9/2/2014We went this Restaurant after enjyoyed the musical. also we enjoyed the dinner and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- arunnayarDined on 8/29/2014third time there and each time a great experience! Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long time waitingVaffDined on 8/28/2014Had to wait 30 min after my reservation time. My reservation was 21:00 and the hostess kept us waiting for about 30 minutes at the bar.
- Excellent FindPhilandTinaDined on 8/28/2014This restaurant far exceeded our expectations. We will return here on future visits to New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seen better days.ProEaterVIPDined on 8/27/2014I asked for some chili sauce that I had been given on a previous visit and was treated as if I was an idiot and/or an outright liar. Instead, we asked for some chopped chili, which arrived in a microscopic amount. No big deal, but imagine our surprise when we were charged $3 extra. It's not the money: God knows how much I've dropped at this place on cocktails and food over the years; it's the attitude. When we questioned the charge, the server and his colleague grumbled between themselves and snarkily offered to drop the charge, as if we were some kind of cheapskates. There are plenty of more deserving places to spend your money in New York. Hakkasan's best days seem to be behind it.
- LeasiaLeasiaDined on 8/22/2014Always a great experience! Had the soft shell crab with curry leaf as one of my small eats choice. Excellent. Each time I dine here, I leave thinking about what I will order upon my return.Special Features:
- Delicious food, excellent service !BernieDined on 8/18/2014One of the best Chinese restaurant I ' ve ever gone. Everything was excellent , the only thing is level of the music. Desserts are outstanding !Special Features:
- cocolinDined on 8/17/2014The waiter seems disorganize, but the manager did great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ca11FoCa11FoDined on 8/16/2014Great Chinese food. Great staff. Fantastic Bar. I'll be back ASAP.Special Features:
- PushDined on 8/15/2014Fun place- great food and one of the best restaurants I have ever been to. The spicy prawns is a must. The Lychee cocktail is also fantastic and great value for money!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week (solo)RaymLDined on 8/15/2014I had to reserve about three weeks ahead of time to get a table here on the last night of Restaurant Week. The place was first class and modern with almost a high end hotel/night club feel. I tried the fried soft shell crab as the appetizer, which was very good. I had the stir-fried black pepper rib-eye beef with merlot as the entrée; I found the beef very tender, but to me, the sauce had hints of a house made A-1 steak sauce. I chose the vanilla parfait (real vanilla beans in there) with black pepper dusted strawberries for the tasty dessert, though I wish it was bigger. Though not dressed that way, the waitresses and hostesses were prettier/hotter than those at Spice Market and Indochine. The bar area was gorgeous, but no (sports) TVs.Special Features:
- Great dining experience.fritzieDined on 8/13/2014My party really enjoyed our visit.The menu selections, food preparation,presentation, and tastes were outstanding. The service was first-rate. We look forward to returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Disappointment here!NYC2MIAFoodieDined on 8/13/2014Great service, food, and ambiance. My family and I were extremely pleased and the Restaurant Week menu was superb. I'll continue to come back, and not just during restaurant week.Special Features:
- GoodMonacaroVIPDined on 8/12/2014Very nice place, good food & service. Dim sum awesome. Other dishes very classicalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingJulienNewYorkVIPDined on 8/12/2014I had been there 5 times already for business lunch. First time I go for RW. We arrived very early hoping to be seated sooner, the hostess said ok and then I think she forgot about us. We ended up seated 20 min later than our original reservation time. Not cool. Food is good but it is way too expensive for the taste and quality, same with drinks. It is very loud so be prepared - I do not mind that much. And it is a strange crowd. Probably won't be back.Special Features:
- Great AmbienceNYVISITORDined on 8/12/2014Went with 2 friends. The restaurant was very busy and there were a lot of people due to restaurant week. The food was above average and the service was good even on a busy night. Will go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great and unique Chinese resturantBarryDined on 8/11/2014Really liked this restaurant.A bit pricey but food was excellent and nice drink menu to.A little on the noisy side and the service could have been a little better but overall a great place.Would recommend it but more for a special occasion or date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalJasonMDined on 8/10/2014I wouldn't normally review a restaurant week visit, but it's clear to me that Hakkasan didn't skimp like most places when it came to the discounted menu. With as many restaurants as there are in NY, there's rarely a reason to return to the same restaurant, but I'm already looking forward to my next visit to Hakkasan. The drinks were excellent, the server was super friendly and knowledgable, and I didn't understand before this visit that Chinese cuisine could be lifted the first-class level that Hakkasan seems to achieve effortlessly. I'm so glad I was able to experience it, and cannot wait to go back.Special Features:
- noisyJoBabeDined on 8/9/2014I was quite dissapointed as I know the London house. In NYC even though decoration, details and personell try to reproduce the London's atmosphere, ithas been not successful. The food was good, but the whole experience was very much poirer than the 2 stars Michelin restaurant I have visited once in Europe. It was very noisy with children around and young ladies screaming. No idea why but it seems the cool and elegant atmosphere could not be transported from London to New York.