Hakkasan - New York
311 West 43rd Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $50 and over
Hakkasan - New York
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://hakkasan.com/newyork/
- Phone: (212) 776-1818
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am , Sunday 5:30-10:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dim Sum, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Michelin-starred Chef Ho Chee Boon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Late Night, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Hakkasan New York can accommodate private events from 12 to 350 guests. Please call the restaurant directly to request additional information regarding special event accommodations.
A word from Hakkasan - New York
Located off of Times Square, Hakkasan New York offers a distinctive experience where modern Cantonese cuisine, world-class mixology and dramatic design converge. The dining experience is intimate and chic, inviting guests to taste the artistry created by Michelin-starred Chef Ho Chee Boon. The culinary journey features dishes inspired by local flavors and influences as well as Hakkasan classics such as stir-fried black pepper rib-eye beef with Merlot and silver cod with champagne and Chinese honey suited for any sophisticated palate. Accompanying the delectable menu are expansive wine and cocktail programs, carefully curated by the talented Hakkasan mixologists.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerChinese
Hakkasan - New York - Best Restaurants in Midtown West ›
Hakkasan - New York reviews from OpenTable diners
278 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (141)special occasion (139)hot spot (114)good for groups (106)vibrant bar scene (77)romantic (71)neighborhood gem (48)late-night find (45)notable wine list (44)great for brunch (26)great for lunch (18)kid-friendly (14)scenic view (8)great for outdoor dining (8)Show More
- Fantastic experiences both times eating there.LiefteetenVIPDined on 11/20/2014The long hallway entrance transports you to another world, and the food takes over from the first bite. Awesome In every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYC Chinese Quisine with Flare!DavidRDined on 11/12/2014Hakkasan is an excellent place to entertain business guests or that special someone! The dim sum is creative and delicious! Presentation is fantastic! Staff is solicitous and knowledgeable. Very impressive all around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/11/2014It really is a bit too noisy, and they play club music pretty much all the way from lunch to dinner. They have a good selection of tea, my parents are also quite happy with the food, but the music just wasn't allow them to enjoy the meal very much. I must say, it's a very hip and fun ambiance for younger diners, but not recommended if you are trying to enjoy a conversation, it really is too loud, and too dark for my parents or older diners to even read the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok for quick pre theater chowDennisDined on 11/9/2014My wife and I and daughter went as we had been told by a friend that the food was good and convenient to theaters. Unfortunately, only the proximity was true. When we arrived three different people came to our table and asked if anyone had a food allergy, three times seemed like servers were not on the same page. The place is huge and somewhat cold with New Age music being pumped throughout. Seemed odd to us for a Chinese restaurant. The dim sum was good, not great. Peking duck also just ok and sea bass excellent. The real issue we had was the price. We could have gone to a french or good italian place at the sme cost. What ever happened to the concept that Chinese food should be affordabl? This place not a Budahkan. Same some $$ go HurleysSpecial Features:
- Great Asian foodTheodorVIPDined on 11/8/2014If you desire fine Asian food Hakkasan is a consistently great place. If you are looking for a great place to eat in NY's theater district, look no further. Great food and service in a lovely venue. Our Chilean sea bass dish with Chinese honey was outstanding and the banana pearl pudding we had for dessert was one of the finest desserts we've had this year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trendy placeGalaDined on 11/7/2014Great food great service sometimes even to much attention and observation from the waiters but overall great place to dine will recommend to my friends,Special Features:
- Hip,and darkWorldtravellerDined on 11/6/2014Thursday night dinner. Bar very quiet what was somewhat surprising. Quick service and good food. Sharing is caring and some nice dishes. Relatively dark, but noise level moderate and secluded tables. I believe the place is loosing some of the buzz it had before and is quieter now. It remains a good place for business or romantic dinners. Still too pricey for what you get, but that is NYC......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Explosion of flavorsMayur345Dined on 11/6/2014Went here with coworker and clients. The food was very good. We had a good waitress who made some good recommendations. Overall good food with an abundance of flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/3/2014Service and food were fantastic! Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Atmosphere, music, food and service are very good. Will definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent chiceFoodhunterVIPDined on 10/31/2014Great food, surprising ambiance and very attentive service. Excellent choice for after dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food interesting not standardZviDonatVIPDined on 10/31/2014Very nice looking restaurant food a bit complicated but good very sophisticated presentation price good for 1 star Michelin restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great confirmationCa11FoDined on 10/30/2014Was my 2nd time at Hakkasan and I could confirm that for me and my family, all presented in both dinners, this is one of the best restaurants for Chinese/Cantonese food in the occidental world. Congratulations to all staff and to the good management.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodticketytwoVIPDined on 10/29/2014As I make my reservation for next week. Lol. I love this place. I've been to like 4 Hakkasans all over the world, always good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014It was great experience. It wast the best restaurant I have ever visited in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Yet Ready for BroadwayRumpusVIPDined on 10/28/2014We hoped we had found a new option for pre-theater dining, but Hakkasan, which opened in April. proved a disappointment. For an expensive upscale Chinese restaurant, the food should have been distinguished, but the chicken and corn soup was lacking in flavor and overly thickened, and although the Hakka noodles were flavorful, they were lukewarm. The crispy chicken with mango sauce arrived some 15 minutes after my companion's main dish, and when it did, it was cold. With no waiter in sight, there was no way to send it back to be reheated. On the plus side, when we mentioned these issues as we were getting ready to leave, the management took the chicken and drinks off our check without our asking for any consideration.
- Funky Cantonese in theatre districtLisaDined on 10/28/2014We visited Hakkasan for my daughters 21st birthday. The ambience was very cool and the food was delicious. Definitely try the Black truffle roasted duck, Jasmine Tea Smoked Pork Ribs, Pan-Seared Shanghai Dumpling & Pan-Seared Vegetable Shanghai Dumplings. I would definitely return!Special Features:
- Well done!monzaDined on 10/26/2014Loved the atmosphere! We had a magic evening and the food was great.Special Features:
- Msg, sugar and saltNyjcDined on 10/25/2014I'm surprised by how expensive this place is, considering the three main ingredients: msg, sugar and salt used in every dish are realitively inexpensive. Maybe since they use so much of it they have to drive up their prices. I can finally see again after a ranging migraine, which I'm certain is from the food at Hakassan. I will never eat there again.Special Features:
- Superaltive!AvidfoodieVIPDined on 10/25/2014From the decor, to the service and the food, everything was of the highest quality. The ingredients for every dish that we had were very fresh. This is Chinese at its highest. It was wonderful. Our waiter got our food out so quickly and we had extra time to make our show afterwards. We can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUPERLATIVEOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/25/2014just excellent food !! and when the starters took a little longer than usual, maitre came to table to apologize and offered a free round of drinks. this is the way to treat your customers ! anticipate their needs & concerns and act on them before they become a problem...loved the London restaurant and now that i am confident of the quality here in NY will make this another go-to place !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good experiencefrivolousat28Dined on 10/23/20149:30pm reservation, no table for me even at 10:30pm. Another lady at the bar had a 9pm reservation,got there by 8:30pm and finally got her table at 10:30pm. I had ordered vegetable steamed dumplings and Onion fried rice. Halfway through the dumplings, I bit into something stone hard and came up with something like a stone. I showed it to the waitress and she went looking for a manager. Half an hour later, a manager apologizes and offers to comp the dumplings & a drink I had ordered. It was supposedly part of the dishware used to make the dumplings. Definitely not something I expect from a restaurant like Hakkasan. Also being a vegetarian, anything weird that comes up in my food tends to leave a bad experience.
- Design better than the foodsonnyDined on 10/22/2014Beautiful space food acceptable but far from great Big restaurant beatifully built But worth a try
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/21/2014Pricey for the size of food portions Staff were very pleasantSpecial Features:
- phillynladudeVIPDined on 10/21/2014expensive, bland and boring food, obtrusive, interruptive service. casual approach but expensive prices. This place won't make it.
- Nice, but not like LondonCrispyDuckDined on 10/20/2014I had been looking forward to having the delicious crispy duck salad that I've had several times in London and was quite dissapointed.
- Surprisingly badTomNYCVIPDined on 10/15/2014This place gets great reviews, but I was really disappointed. Very cool ambiance, but the food was lukewarm, rubbery and not interesting. I've lived in China for 9 years, so I know a bit about Chinese food. The server was chirpy and nice, but came by too many times and each time completely interrupted our conversation to say "Wo how is everything?". This place is VERY expensive, so I was surprised by the low level of food quality and service. Won't be going back.Special Features:
- still, worth a visitMichael25Dined on 10/13/2014We came in 15 Min. early. It seems to be the policy to let the people wait to take a drink at the bar, even they have many tables ready. The service is professionell but not very friendly and the following of the courses are quick. Food is excellent, good wineselection but a little too expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServicesadjaiDined on 10/5/2014My guest drink of choice was BLACK LABEL Johnny Walker. A very basic drink. The severed him one shot , and ran out of it. To make it worse, we order 3 main courses. They all came out 15 mins apart from each other. And the dish recommended by he server, turn out to be the worst of all.; funny enough it was the first one served to us. NEVER TO GO BACK!!!
- Highly recommended!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/5/2014Great dim sum. The setting is beautiful. The space is generous but divided artfully，so there is privacy if you want it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service glitches, still excellentMrsMunchDined on 10/4/2014I'm guessing we had a fairly new waiter. We were given the wrong cocktails, one of our 2 appetizers was forgotten about & one of our entrees was incorrect, too! Even so, everything was fixed quickly & professionally and our food and drinks were excellent. We're willing to chalk the service glitches up to an off night. We'll definitely be back. The food is so good!Special Features:
- Good food, loud musicTibiDined on 10/3/2014We really had good food at the Hakkasan New York, however, the music was far too loud for our tast.Special Features:
- seems to improve each timekpn04VIPDined on 10/3/2014This is my third time at Hakkasan since they opened a couple of years ago. The first time we visited the experience wasn't great and felt it wasn't worth the price. The last visit however seemed to change that opinion. Everything we ordered was absolutely delicious. Maybe wee ordered better as well but everyone really enjoyed every bit of it. Our server was also extremely helpful and friendly which definitely helped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- omdaDined on 10/3/2014excellent foods and atmosphere, very enjoyable, highly recommend it for foodie, will differently visit it again when next in New yorkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GuestVIPDined on 10/2/2014Fantastic food and gracious, welcoming service. We tried some different selections and they were every bit as delicious as our favorites! Hakkasan is fabulous!Special Features:
- Celebrating GOLDEN WEEK ChinoiseProfessorVIPDined on 10/1/20141st October was the 65th anniversary of the Founding of the People's Republic of China and Hakkasan organized a special celebratory dinner, beginning with excellent dim sum and Peking Duck pancakes through a variety of main entrees and ending with hot steamed dumplings with chocolate sauce and ginger tea. The meal ended with a gift of chocolate-coated macaroons with gold-dust topping. At US$138 the meal would not have been for everyone, but it was absolutely top quality and well worth the cost. We understand that all of the restaurants Hakkasan has around the world were serving this same menu for a two-week period. It was quite magical.Special Features:
- I'll be back!altobarbDined on 10/1/2014Excellent food, which is served as it's ready, not in standard course order, and meant to be shared. Perfect service--our server reminded US that we might want the check to make the theater in time! Food is somewhat familiar but never exactly what you've had before--top notch ingredients prepared thoughtfully. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Too badtex1VIPDined on 9/30/2014Nothing worse than expensive restaurant and the waitress has an attitude.
- Somewhat disappointing!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/29/2014Very good food, but very pricey and not worth it to me
- Delicious Food, Poor ServiceCitronovaVIPDined on 9/28/2014The food, as always was delicious but the service was bad. We were left sitting at the table without menus or drinks and had to ask for our server twice before he arrived. The appetizers arrived before the drinks and part of our entrees came before they had cleared the appetizers. It was a disappointing experience which was not expected from this type of restaurant.