Hakkasan - Beverly Hills
233 N. Beverly Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $50 and over
Hakkasan - Beverly Hills
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://hakkasan.com/beverlyhills/
- Phone: 3108888661
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 5:30pm-10:00pm
Dinner: Friday - Saturday 5:30pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dim Sum, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Michelin-starred Chef Ho Chee Boon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Late Night, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Hakkasan Beverly Hills offers a distinctive experience where modern Cantonese cuisine, world-class mixology and dramatic design converge. Upon arrival, guests are greeted by ambient sounds, scents and lighting, creating a relaxed mood and sensual vibe vitalized by bright, rhythmic, smooth beats and natural percussions.
- Special Events: Hakkasan Beverly Hills can accommodate private events from 22 to 250 guests. Please call the restaurant directly to request additional information regarding special event accommodations.
A word from Hakkasan - Beverly Hills
We are excited to welcome you to step into another world and enjoy our newly renovated interior September 15th 2014. Hakkasan Beverly Hills offers a distinctive experience where modern Cantonese cuisine, world-class mixology and dramatic design converge. Tucked into the Beverly Hills neighborhood, Hakkasan greets guests with ambient sounds, scents and lighting, creating a relaxed mood and sensual vibe. The dramatic dining area features sculpted white marble calacatta walls and oak accents. Guests are invited to taste the artistry created by Michelin-starred Chef Ho Chee Boon. The culinary journey features Hakkasan classics such as Roasted Silver Cod with Champagne and Chinese Honey and Crispy Duck Salad in addition to a distinct menu of lighter fare selections, created exclusively for the Beverly Hills location.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerChinese
Hakkasan - Beverly Hills - Best Restaurants in Beverly Hills ›
Hakkasan - Beverly Hills reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (49)hot spot (45)fit for foodies (45)vibrant bar scene (35)good for groups (30)romantic (27)notable wine list (18)late-night find (15)neighborhood gem (11)scenic view (5)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- soheiladnDined on 8/23/2014Beautiful, polite hostes unlike Nobu, good service, great food but noise level high ( music too loud) lat but not least SIT ON TIME.👍Special Features:
- Disappointing servicedaniVIPDined on 8/22/2014I was eager to return after dining twice previously for group events, both in Bev Hills and in Las Vegas. The food is very good, but the service was dreadful. It took about 10 minutes to get menus after we were seated. We ordered cocktails and hors d'oeuvres, and hors d'oeuvres were served before the cocktails! (Later, we were never asked if we wanted any additional drinks.) After completing our dinner and some dessert, at some point later i asked for our check from our waiter. It took at least 37 minutes to get it from that point. After providing my credit card, it took a long time again to get the receipt. Never was there an apology for any delay. This is not the upscale experience Hakkasan portends to provide.
- Behind the velvet ropeFoodie4LifeVIPDined on 8/21/2014The duck salad is narcotic! We ordered that first and basically everything that followed paled in comparison. It's nice to go out to a place that has very attractive people attending to your every need (down to the bathroom attendant). You almost forget that you have to wait 20 minutes to get your check. That may be their strategy because all of our food came quickly and as ordered. Overall, the experience was very good, indeed.Special Features:
- Excellent food!AyeshakpDined on 8/20/2014I have been to the one in London and both locations have excellent food and great service. The dumplings either vegetarian or with meat are a must! The glazed cod was also amazing and to finish we ordered the house made macaroons which where an amazing end to a fantastic dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner spotjlaiDined on 8/18/2014great food! duck salad, jasmine pork ribs, pepper beef were excellentSpecial Features:
- It was okayOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/16/2014Heard about this place through a friend. It was a cool atmosphere and great looking place but the food was average. I've had better Chinese food. Lot's of vegetarian options was a plus though. We over-ordered and had way too much food based on the server's reccomendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good experienceBizdineDined on 8/14/2014I went to the one in Miami, and it was amazing. The decor and ambience was very nice in both. But the service was very bad. We ordered appetizers and drinks and it took a long time and it all came at once. The main courses that we ordered 50 minutes had gone by after that any no main course or any check in from our waiter. It got so late that we didn't even feel hungry anymore. I would not go back.
- Great Experience!PrisimVIPDined on 8/8/2014Highly recommend the restaurant to everyone! Extensive vegetarian menu, which is hard to find elsewhere! The vegetarian dim sum was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedlovefoodDined on 8/7/2014Very good food and beautiful environment were overpowered by horrible service and progressively deafening techno music.
- Hopping Bev Hills DinnerChristina412VIPDined on 8/5/2014I took my mother who was visiting to LA out for dinner here and she said it was some of the best Chinese food she has ever had. I'm not a huge fan of Chinese food myself, but I will make an exception for Hakkasan. Duck salad is amazing. We went at 8 pm, but the place doesn't really get crowded until closer to 10 pm.Special Features:
- Let me chooseKLoKDined on 8/1/2014Love this place and enjoyed the food. We did find our waitress to be a little "too helpful" in making suggestions of what we should eat. We are very specific about healthy food and try to order what we feel is best for us and our needs and made that pretty clear. But she kept suggesting some of the richer, more fattening dishes even after we were well on our way to having decided what we wanted. I felt like just saying - let me order what I want and stop!Special Features:
- toydocVIPDined on 7/26/2014If the service was as good as the food, htis place would be excellent. Slow service by untrained waiters, well intentioned but untrained. This tends to diminish greatly the dining experience.
- great Place, food lacking...FogoFanVIPDined on 7/26/2014I have been at hakkasan London, San Fran and Miami... this one has a much less quality control on food. Sorry!Special Features:
- Great ambiance,needs better servicebonvivantVIPDined on 7/26/2014We spent a considerable time flagging down and self-accomodating for the absent servers. They seem to be understaffed. The food was good and th ambiance is wonderful but please hire more servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2014great food. I could eat the duck salad all day long. SOO GOOD. the dumplings were great too. only down side is that it is loud with club like music. But i will be back.Special Features:
- Fantastic experienceRon44Dined on 7/26/2014Outstanding!!! We will be going back very soon! I do not write reviews often but the experience was worth writing this!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine LAOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014The dine LA here is awful. I've been to Hakkasan before in SF and it was expensive but you got reasonable portions and the food was great. Their dine LA portions are just unacceptably small and overshadowed the fact that the food still tasted great. Service and ambiance were all still great, probably won't bother coming back to the LA location since this experience left a sour taste in my mouth.
- Family DinnerbetovaDined on 7/24/2014Great place for groups, we were 6 and ordered 6 small and 4 large dishes ...quiet enough ! The best ...steamed dim sum and sea bass with Chinese honey...! Will come back to try more..!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LAfoodieVIPDined on 7/24/2014Great atmosphere. Ordered a lot but the standout for me was the dumplings and dim sum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Swanky DeliciousSammyCVIPDined on 7/24/2014Of course I took advantage of the Dine LA promotion; And I came here. Their menu was appetizing so I we decided why not!? At first, you are greeted by two gorgeous hosts. One walks you to your table. She threw me off cuz she ask me how my day was. It was a nice surprise. Not even my date had asked me that. :) As I walk through Hakkasan the decor is modern and asian. Swanky. The food was on point. The dumlings (dim sum platter) were steamy and full of flavor. The claypot chicken. amazing. full of flavors and spices. We also added the hakka noodles. They were sweet like pad thai but not exactly pad thai. super good. We also had the curry prawns. mmm! All in all: I was pretty impressed. The cherry on top was the $45 gift voucher!Special Features:
- Had a great time !FoodaffairVIPDined on 7/24/2014went for a girls get together. Atmosphere and service a find, food pretty good. will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceMAKIA422Dined on 7/22/2014We're here for DineLA , we enjoyed everything, worth every cent we spent! Great dining experience! Hopefully, we'll able to try the duck next time! :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get out your wallet!lahaina22Dined on 7/21/2014The food is great (not amazing), but it has to be for the prices they are charging. Not terribly impressed with the wine by the glass selection.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hakkasan - Beverly HillsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Great vibe with great food. This was our second time here and we will definitely return.Special Features:
- 12341234VIPDined on 7/19/2014It is a fun evening with wonderful food and ambience.Special Features:
- DIM OR FILTER THE BAR LIGHTS PLEASEVodaDined on 7/18/2014Love Hakkasans all over the world - however the BH bar has the white bright fluorescent lighting that makes it impossible for myself and our friends to hang out and lounge for a long time.. please please please dim lighting or add a BLUE COOL FILTER like the south beach so its more sexy less and home depot... other than that the place is fantastic, food drinks music vibe are the best,, now dim the lights in the bar and let us chill and zen out for hours.. thnx..
- FantasticNettVIPDined on 7/17/2014Was visiting in LA for a few days and could not wait to try this place, it did not disappoint!!! Gorgeous restaurant, excellent drinks (sakitini was amazing) Eugene our server was ON POINT, he was fun, knowledgeable and down right adorable. Fried rice was yummy, not greasy...very light, Green beans were tasty and plentiful for a side....friend who is vegetarian chose a toful dish and LOVED it, I had the roasted silver cod and it was AWESOME. If you don't mind digging in your pocket a bit I say go for this place....it is Beverly Hills after all!Special Features:
- DineLA favoriteFoodie4LifeVIPDined on 7/15/2014During my second visit to Hakkasan, I was amazed by their focus on customer service. Everyone was very polite and attentive from the supermodel hostesses to the bathroom attendant. Of note - a lot of attention is placed on aesthetics from floors to ceilings. The DineLA menu wasn't as appetizing as the choices I had on my visit a couple of weeks ago however the upscale Cantonese impressed my dining guest. The curry shrimp was extra spicy and I'd the the duck spring roll was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Chinese GourmandMarquessaDined on 7/15/2014Magnifique! Their cocktails are made with fresh ingredients. They express their own exotic juices. The presentation is equally delightful with a strip of banana leaf in their bamboo shaped glasses. The dim sum is the most beautiful I have ever witnessed. The dumplings are shaped to perfection in jeweled tones. The fillings are generous and delicious. I also tried the duck rolls but the temperature was so hot that when I bit in, I scorched my taste buds. So be careful. They tempt you but give it a minute or two to cool down.The sauces are prepared in house and you will be impressed.The entrés are equally masterfully prepared. The steak is cooked with a crisp outside layer and a tender juicy interior. The fish was cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hakkasan is a great find!luvgoodfoodDined on 7/3/2014The atmosphere is energetic, the food excellent and the service is outstanding. The menu has a great selection of unique food items to choose from. From starters through desert there are excellent healthy food choices. Service beginning with valet parking to a very helpful wine steward was impressive. Our food server was very knowledgeable about menu items and was able to provide excellent advice. The timing of serving the food was a also excellent. It was all so excellent prepared with impeccable presentation. I would certainly recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting the best in fine dining. It is a little pricey but overall worth it, especially for a special occasion. A Happy Anniversary wish was on our desert plate.Special Features:
- Amazing serviceGreatserviceVIPDined on 6/28/2014We have dined at many of their locations around the world and had low expectations going in based in the reviews but we were pleasantly surprised. The service was simply outstanding and frankly Per Se could take some lessons from the GM! Well doneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food.lovePasadenaDined on 6/28/2014While the food was excellent, definitely the best in Beverly Hills or anywhere nearby, the black interior which gives it a night club atmosphere was a bit disorienting.Special Features:
- Stellar Experience!SamalierDined on 6/27/2014What a wonderful experience! Hakkasan absolutely nailed the trifecta of restaurant essentials, providing exquisite service, top of the line food choices, and an incredible ambiance. We just went for a special birthday, but based on how wonderful our experience was, we might need to go back more often than just special occasions!Special Features:
- InterestingBheaterVIPDined on 6/21/2014Wonderful yummy excellent Chinese food with a major twist.... Sensational expensive worthwhile with every bite....small bites are outstanding and the entree are great.. every dish is delicious!!!The seasoning are perfect... the drinks are outstanding and needless to say dessert OMg the exotic fruit platter is not to be missed...Special Features:
- Fantastic Food. Terrible ServicedrdavidDined on 6/20/2014I was nervous booking this Beverly Hills outpost of a London restaurant as I know the London one well. But my fears were allayed. The food was utterly fantastic but the whole thing was let down by terrible service. It took nearly 45minutes for our cocktails to arrive. I had to complain twice before anything was done. Then the manager came over and apologised and gave us the drinks free which was good but it had still managed to spoil the evening to an extent. All being said and done I would go back.
- Awful FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/16/2014The restaurant is very pretty, but other than the duck salad, the food was awful. It is hard to believe that their spongy pepper beef was quality meat, and the sauce on their equally spongy snapper was extraordinarily spicy. I would be amazed if Hakkasan survives much longer if the food isn't dramatically improved. To be fair, we only tasted the three items listed above, but that were enough to ensure that we won't ever go back.
- Looks good, but food so,so.LoveitorleaveitVIPDined on 6/14/2014The restaurant is beautiful, but I can't say that the food is on the standard of how the restaurant looks. Portions are very small and expensive for what you get. I understand small portions, but please price accordingly. Food would rate 3rd or 4th regarding taste in comparison to the 3 other Chinese restaurants in the near area. Our guests wanted a couple of shrimp dishes, as they do not eat red meat, there was seafood, but only 2 shrimp dishes offered, which both were curried. Don't understand that! Also, waiter should have given us a heads up as to the size of the portions. So we could order accordingly. Lettuce cup were the smallest leaf and literally a small scoop of diced chicken or was it vegetables Great drink selection!Special Features:
- Very disappointing!Jake279Dined on 6/14/2014This is my first time at Hakkasan and I was extremely disappointed. The service was very good but the food was not . The very expensive $250 duck with caviar was a bad joke. The first course came out cold and tasteless and the 2nd presentation offered meat that was tough a barely edible! The caviar was very good. The other courses were general tasteless and not very creative. Sadly, Hakkasan, may just be "the Emeror's new clothes!"
- Does not live up to brand repC0nstanceDined on 5/31/2014I frequent these trendy mainstream restaurants globally. The Hakkasan's in London are impeccable in ambiance, food quality and service. The San Francisco location has a lovely ambiance and certainly quality food. However, the BH location felt cheap from the tacky host and wait staff to the vinal seating and horribly crafted foods. It feels, looks and tastes like a Showgun. Incredibly disappointed with the quality of the food and the service. Our sub-waiter was high or medicated and uncomfortably anxious which in turn made us uncomfortable, and he should never have been allowed to step onto the floor. This location is damaging to the brand and I hope this is not a foreshadow of what is to come for the chain.Special Features:
- great decornotmDined on 5/30/2014but I wouldn't want to eat there "Shrimp Toast" chopped shrimp ball with seeds "Chicken in clay pot" dried out chicken in a slightly spicy sauce almost dried out with not enough to put a little bit on tasteless fried rice.