Haiku Sushi Steakhouse
5966 North Point Parkway
Alpharetta, GA 30022Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Haiku Sushi Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.haikusteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 7705211983
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday:11:30am - 2:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steakhouse, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Michael Chang
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Haiku Sushi Steakhouse
Welcome to HAIKU Sushi and Steakhouse! Located in 5966 North Point Parkway. Alpharetta, GA 30022, we are the newest addition to Alpharetta business and community looking for Asian fusion dining experience. Whether you prefer to enjoy your meal in the Main Hibachi Dining Room or Sushi Dining Room, our courteous staff will provide you with the best dining experience and customer service. Our hibachi chefs are professionally trained to provide you with entertainment while preparing your dinner on a grill in front of you. Our sushi selection uses only fresh, high-quality, seasonal ingredients delicately combined with traditional spices. We also provide full bar which includes selection of wines, domestic and Japanese beer, and of course, sakes. We recommend that you make dinner reservations for any available time that suits you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Haiku Sushi Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (22)special occasion (12)kid-friendly (10)neighborhood gem (7)fit for foodies (6)great for lunch (5)romantic (3)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014our chef was outstanding - kids loved every minute of itSpecial Features:
- Great place for wifes birthdayfitz66Dined on 8/3/2014We really enjoyed our time here. The meals were huge and the service was outstanding. After giving me a plate full of meat that I had ordered, the chef asked one of his waiters to bring more shrimp because he felt that the portion that he gave me (a giant pile) wasn't sufficient. We'll be back.Special Features:
- It's been betterOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/3/2014I go here every now and then and this time I saw down where my wife and I had sushi. The service was much worse than usual and the food while it wasn't bad, it's been better. It seems like the better times I go here I am at where they have the hibachi. The sushi is good, but if you are planning on having hibachi I recommend sitting in the hibachi area where they make it fresh in front of you.
- Food and ChefJazeeDined on 8/2/2014The food was great!!! Our chef was wonderful!! We really enjoyed the experience!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was ok..DanessaDined on 8/1/2014My son really likes Hibachi so we have been trying out several of them in the area. Our waitress was great, she was quick to take our order, asked if we had a Groupon (we didn't but she suggested another site that we could get a discounted coupon for while we ate which was really helpful and kind.) and was attentive while we ate. The chef wasn't very interactive, and the food was just ok. Nothing really stood out as spectacular that would make us want to go back, other than our waitress.Special Features:
- Food quality has decreasedkimchi79Dined on 7/20/2014Food quality has decreased. I used to really enjoy this place. I went back in hopes that on a day it was slower the quality would be better, but it was not.Special Features:
- Great place for our group dinnerkiduduDined on 6/24/2014This was such a nice place to do our dinner; seating 20 of us in the nice hibachi area. Everyone was able to be seated with us being able to see each other. The service was great too... we never had to call for attention at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good experience - RecommendSuzyDined on 6/6/2014The atmosphere of the restaurant is really nice. The staff was great, the Chef's were totally on and the food was exceptionally good. This is definitely now the Japanese Steakhouse we go to whenever we want Hibachi. Husband had 2 kinds of Sushi and really enjoyed it. The amount of food you receive is much greater than other places. I ordered Filet and swore they gave me two filets!! The pricing was virtually the same as all the others, but can honestly say, this is a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/31/2014We were very disappointed in the restaurant. The soup was joke, and the salad was swimming in dressing.
- need better cooksnotimpressedDined on 5/25/2014Cook was not authentic,no fun, food was over cooked and underseasonedSpecial Features:
- enjoyedbeanDined on 5/17/2014Great food at great price chef lacking making a show for tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!ILOVEtryingnewthingsDined on 5/10/2014The food was great and the restaurant was nice. The chef was very entertaining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Declining qualitykimchi79Dined on 5/10/2014We've been here several times before, and by far this was the worst visit. We waited forever to have the chef come out. They were actively using all 12 cook stations and there were only 4 chefs. When the chef finally came out, he skipped steps. The fried rice and vegetables were already cooked. He tossed on grill for 5 secs and then served. "literally" Steaks were over done and scallops were undercooked. Very disappointed.
- Excellent food & serviceGoodDined on 5/2/2014The Japanese Hibachi Table service & show was wonderful! Excellent service & so friendly. Food outstanding! Atmosphere in bar area & sushi area needs some updating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerGeorgiagirlDined on 4/30/2014We took our daughter and friends for her 18th birthday dinner. Richard was our chef and he was excellent. He made a "birthday cake" out of fried rice and put a candle in it. Food was great and had plenty to take home for next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 73 reviews are from the Haiku Sushi Steakhouse reviews archive.
- birthdayMemnochDined on 4/20/2014Took my friend out for her birthday and the food was delicious, the habatchi chef was hilarious and everything was amaxing! Highly Recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Hibachi Dinner ExperiencejaneDined on 4/19/2014My husband and I just had Hibachi on Saturday. We sit in a table which has 4 ladies, 2 couples including us. The food is distributed to the 4 ladies first and they got a "BIG" chunk of the food especially Fried Rice and Vegetables. It's not too much left when the food is delivered to our plates. This makes my husband very mad and there is not simply ENOUGH food for him. It would be our last time to dine there, no matter how cheap or good quality of food they have. The chef should know how to divide the food up "equally". When there is fire rice left over, he only asks the ladies - who want the remaining (extra) fried rice. He completely ignores other people. My husband only gives $4 tips for the service that he has received on that day.Special Features:
- Great servicePltnmDined on 4/5/2014This was my first time dining at Haiku steakhouse. The Chef: Richard was awesome, he was both entertaining and knowledgeable as to the different ways to prepare meet and has his own specialty (Hawaiian Kobe Steak). I was impressed by the variety of sushi rolls they offered. I will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- So Good I could write a "Haiku"FoodIsLife123Dined on 3/22/2014They were so welcoming and kind. Our chef, Richie, cooked quickly and made the food to perfection. They helped make my senior prom amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Richard was greatMaryBVIPDined on 3/16/2014If you are lucky enough to get Chef Richard it is a very fun experience. Food is fairly high quality. My only issue was I had reservation and had to wait 20 minutes for a table.Special Features:
- Amazing FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 3/13/2014Amazing sushi and hibachi at a spot not known aboutSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Specialty RollsPauliusDined on 3/7/2014Really enjoyed the Tsunami roll and the Baja roll was unique and different.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/1/2014The food was amazing. Richard was very entertaining. Our server kept forgetting to bring key items to our table, such as drinks and steamed rice, on several occasions. He even asked if he should bring out my appetizer after I had already started on my entrée. That atmosphere was great. Wasn't too busy. The bartender was very niceSpecial Features:
- Excellent Servicetraveler26Dined on 3/1/2014Thank You Haiku for a wonderful dinner experience! Food was cooked to perfection. Service was excellent! I would highly recommend this restaurant to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HibachiDavidDined on 2/15/2014We stumbled upon Haiku and have not been disappointed. Their sushi prices are reasonable in addition to the hibachi dinners. Good quality is very good. Recommend for a Japanese restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super!SunnyDined on 2/14/2014Haiku was fantastic! Although they were busy on Valentine's eve, we were seated quickly and waited on in a timely manner. The food was excellent and our chef (I believe his name was John) was incredibly funny and personable! I'm so glad that I can say my Valentine's dinner was memorable and I will definitely come back to this restaurant for other special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ItGeorgiDined on 2/14/2014was very good. John was excellent chef and everything was good.Special Features:
- Enjoyable Nightcgc6064Dined on 2/14/2014Even though it was very busy since it was Valentine's Day, we were greeted promptly, seated right away, and even presented with a rose for the occasion! Our Hibachi Chef was personable and the food was great. Service was also good in spite of the busy night. Great value for the $.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First class experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Best Hibachi grill there is. The chefs and waiters are friendly and do a fantastic job. It's fancy but fun at the same time. We love this place. Go there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FairAngelDined on 2/14/2014Did not have an adequate wait staff, short handed. There alcohol is to overpriced. It looked like a new restaurant. They need to hire more staff.Special Features:
- Valentines DateKeshanahDined on 2/14/2014The restaurant atmosphere was nice & lit with romantic candlelight. The entrées were good, but the tempura appetizers were just okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be back!JayJDined on 2/6/2014Been here a couple times. Excellent sushi! Never disappointed and will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No other parties there whenOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/4/2014No other parties there when we arrived. Another party came in later. My nieces Iced tea was cold water and sugar. Sushi was tasteless and did not seem fresh. our hibachi dinner was not something I would want to repeat. My husband and I had to ask for the sauces. Soup was cold. Mediocre green tea. Shrimp was not fresh and vegetables were off in taste. Rice was ok but you can't go wrong with rice.... I guess.... Would not do eat here again. I remember now that we must have eaten here years ago. I will remember not to do so again next time.
- nice atmosphere and priceexcellentDined on 2/2/2014Great food, clean, friendly service and great price. Close to shopping and 400 great sushi selection and lunch menu prices are awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It didn't meet our expectationsWolga7Dined on 2/2/2014When you are going to a Japanese Steakhouse, you are not only expecting the good food, but the entire experience about your cook and the plays, attitude, fun. Specially when it is your becoming teenager's birthday!!! Well, our cook was a robot. No smiles, no jokes, no tricks. NOT AT ALL!!!!! Very disappointed ….. The restaurant is cheap, but the food has nothing special either. First and last time they saw us…...
- Great food and fresh sushiBillVIPDined on 1/18/2014We went to this restaurant after finding it near Northpoint Mall, and before a film. The service was very friendly and quick, and we were impressed with the menu options. The sushi was very fresh and tasty. We will definitely plan to visit again.
- Good food and good times!wiggmanDined on 1/12/2014We went for lunch on Sunday afternoon for a Birthday party. Food was excellent and portions were plenty. Server and chef were very good and entertaining. Price was very reasonable for the offering.Special Features:
- Excellent sushi and hibachiatlstewDined on 1/3/2014The sushi was excellent, and the hibachi was great. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placesuzyq527Dined on 12/31/2013I would highly recommend Haiku. We go there frequently for the sushi, which is top notch. Always very fresh and they have a variety of choices from traditional to their own exotic combinations. The sushi menu changes seasonly so there's always something new. The staff is very friendly and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed...SoaringFalconDined on 12/31/2013First, I need to say I went on New Years Eve, so it is possible that this is not a normal experience. However, when I go to a Japanese Steak house and sit with a group at the Habachi, I expect some "entertainment". The rice came to the table fully prepared. No egg trick. No volcano. The chef hurried through cooking our meal. Hardly a word. The food was good, a little bland but good nonetheless. I did ask one of the other people at the table if this was the norm, as if it is I would rather find another Japanese steak house to dine at in the future. The other diners didn't know, but agreed with me that there are certainly more enjoyable restaurants.