Haiku Sushi Restaurant
258 Park Ave
Worcester, MA 01609Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Haiku Sushi Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.haikusushi.com/
- Phone: 5084593033
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We provide sushi, steak or seafood catering. Please see the details of catering menu at our website at www.haikusushi.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Haiku Sushi and Steakhouse welcomes to host your next private dining events. MAIN DINING ROOM - STEAKHOUSE. Capacity: 126 Fully Seated. Perfect for weddings and special occasions up to 126 guests, the Main Dining Room is located along the restaurants full length windows and provides a full view to the outdoors. We offer customized dining and drink menus, and our dedicated staff will work with you to tailor your event to fit your needs. HAIKU VIP ROOM. Capacity: 10-18 seats. Our warm and intimate VIP room is perfect for corporate gatherings at lunch time or private birthday parties. Bring the "private' experience to a different level by having our VIP room open exclusively for your group. Rooms are available during the daytime and evening.
- Private Party Contact: Ricky Chang 7705211983
A word from Haiku Sushi Restaurant
Haiku Sushi & Bar is located in the center of Worcester, 258 Park Avenue. It serves up Worcester's finest Japanese cuisine with exciting dishes and unique ambiance. At Haiku Sushi & Bar, every dish is created using only the freshest, finest ingredients. We serve only the choicest meats and seafood, freshest rice, and vegetables that are fresh from market. Our authentic menu and atmosphere create a truly enjoyable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Haiku Sushi Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Everything about our firstyankeeVIPDined on 1/4/2014Everything about our first visit to Haiku was excellent, from the thoroughly entertaining waiter to the fantastic food. The crab rangoon and crunchy lobster rolls were especially delicious. Looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New TwistCsroleVIPDined on 12/13/2013We went for lunch expecting to order Sushi and some apps for the non-Sushi lover. Our server let us know about the special Crab Rangoon Maki so we got that and what a delight! It may have spoiled us for typical Crab Rangoon forever and created a Sushi convert in the process. The Gyoza were also wonderful cooked: seared crunchy, well seasoned and served with scallion soy sauce. The edamame were plentiful, cooked perfectly crisp and had just enough salt to bring our their natural flavor. We're looking forward to our next visit, soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FreshSushifan1Dined on 9/28/2013Went for our anniversary! The sushi was the freshest we've ever had and so tasty! The scene was upbeat but relaxing! Great for date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh UniOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/17/2013Haiku is our favorite sushi restaurant in Worcester County. It's a bit pricey, but you get what you pay for. The menu includes many other interesting Japanese dishes as well as sushi. Wonderful, high quality food, superb service, an excellent bar and a pleasant environment. The uni was fresh and delicious -- my standard for the attention to quality throughout the restaurant's operation. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi! Friendly service!HsiejdnDined on 8/6/2013Great neighborhood gem. Definitely would come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't believe the websiteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2013We were looking for a special restaurant in which to celebrate our wedding anniversdary. When checking out Haiku's website we noticed that they were offering a free dessert or appetizer with any entree Tuesdays through Thursdays. We decided this was a good enticement to try it, so we made a reservation for a Thursday evening. After looking over the menu, we asked our waitress about the free dessert or appetizer. She just shrugged it off and indicated that they hadn't offered any freebies for a very long time. We should have taken the hint and left then and there. Unfortunately we stayed and were further disappointed by our experience there - it certainly did not meet the high expectations we had formed reading other's reviews.
- Loved it!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/14/2013Food, service, decor and ambience were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed several sushi combinatioOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/2/2013We enjoyed several sushi combinations very much - quite innovative approach. A very good wine list and prompt service was an added advantage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Bad delivery.RegularsDined on 5/25/2013The food, as usual, was excellent. But, two meals of our party came to the table almost 20 minutes after the first meals were delivered. Not good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THe sushi & sashimi was good.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/15/2013THe sushi & sashimi was good. But any cooked food was overdone. Not very busy. The furnishings looked old & very well used.
- Very comfortable relaxed atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/12/2013Very comfortable relaxed atmosphere. Service is superior, Randy and Sean are wonderful. Very extensive menu offerings, something for anyone, not just sushi lovers. Chef's Creations are a must, what a variety! Lobster bisque appetizer was just perfect. Great specials, especially the tuna steak (cooked perfectly) and salmon. Very nice wine list. I'll be going back for my 3rd visit soon because there are so many items I want to try. Our entire party loved it - not one criticism.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Original menu, fantastic foodjandaDined on 5/4/2013Original menu, fantastic food and service. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is a great place for youYCENDined on 4/20/2013It is a great place for you and the one you loved to have some special celebrate. Food is fantastic. Sushi is fresh. Nothing to complain if you do not care about the price.Special Features:
- We had 6 sushi rolls, andAwshumDined on 4/6/2013We had 6 sushi rolls, and a mix of salads and clam chowder for appetizers, as well as the razatini and some homemade watermelon margarita. The food was excellent, and the waitress was very nice and attentive (though very busy). It's a very tightly spaced Restaraunt but we had plenty of room in our booth.Special Features:
- Very inventive sushi!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/30/2013Very different sushi! Combinations with fruit in particular really caught my eye. The sunshine roll was incredible! I liked the sushi much more than in baba nearby.
- The food was absolutely amazing!gourmetdivaDined on 3/16/2013The food was absolutely amazing! Everything was fresh, delicious, and attractively presented. I loved the creativity of Kenzo's sushi rolls. I was hoping for a quieter and more romantic atmosphere and I was surprised at how noisy and busy it was inside. I will definitely return to enjoy the incredible food and great service but I will have a different expectation about the atmosphere and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our evening reservation wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013Our evening reservation was not noted in their book, however we had made our reservation via Open Table. The seating was very crowded and uncomfortable. Service was very slow, and our dinners were not delivered together. Two in the party had ordered sushi(entire order not delivered at one time) while the third had ordered a steak, thus we needed to wait for the steak to be served. Cocktails were fair. However, we did visit one day for lunch, the service and food was excellent.Special Features:
- Loved it, however, the waitersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/23/2013Loved it, however, the waiters were kind of creepy gracious...Special Features:
- Best Asian fusion dining around!CallieBananaDined on 2/16/2013This is our second time to Haiku since we discovered it. We loved it so much we brought our friends. This Asian fusion restaurant has it all, from sushi to steaks to lamb and fish dishes. Every dish is as pleasing to the eye as it is to the palate! Try the sushi appetizer with the beef tenderloin and the tempura shrimp. Amazing! Thanks, Kenzo, you are truly an award-winner! The service is excellent, from when you are greeted to when you are seated. Thomas was attentive, made excellent suggestions, and gets five stars in our book! We can't wait to go back again and bring more friends. We travel from Bolton and it is well worth the trip!Special Features:
- Friendly service and amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/2/2013Friendly service and amazing sushi rolls. Unfortunately, the space is a bit tight and not much room for dining.Special Features:
- Dined on a busy Saturday andwalj68Dined on 1/25/2013Dined on a busy Saturday and enjoyed a great meal with inventive choices. The server was disorganized and did not know the menu or the wine list at all. Lots of waiting between order and arrival of courses, no utensils etc.. Would definitly try again, the food was worth it!
- heaven sushi roll=outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/4/2013heaven sushi roll=outstanding combination of flavors matched by few bites.Special Features:
- Not the best choice of restaurants.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/28/2012What happened to this restaurant? It used to be great! Decent sushi. No frills plating display. Maguro tuna tasted not quite fresh. Slight refrigerator taste. Didn't know the price of tea until the bill came. Pot of very weak green tea was $5! Really!? $5 ?!? ( A Pepsi is $2. ) Waitress was super friendly and helpful. Was able to answer questions and make suggestions. Probably won't be back.
- Bad sushi. Good avocado saladOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/28/2012Will not recommend the sushi. i would recommens for non sushi foods like the avocado salad
- Took the kids and went forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/25/2012Took the kids and went for birthday dinner. Whole family lived it!Special Features:
- I had a groupon deal, andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/11/2012I had a groupon deal, and decided to use it for my anniversary with my girlfriend. I made the right choice! The deal, first of all, was excellent! We split 2 appetizers (edamame, and the avocado salad) which were both great, and the perfect size. We had 3 rolls, the alligator, the twister, and I forget the name of the other, maybe the sunrise? Regardless, all three were so different, and bursting with flavor. you could tell that the fish was fresh, and that the chef was very much into his work - a very nice guy! The staff was friendly, and really helped me out a lot. When i told them it was my anniversary, they jumped right on board and brought out a beautiful dessert. We had the greatest time, just sitting and laughing.Special Features:
- I loved it there. The northboroughOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/31/2012I loved it there. The northborough sushi roll was impressive. We liked our server's recommendations.Special Features:
- Not the best choicemudbug1134Dined on 10/12/2012If you want to have good food and good service, consider another option.
- Good food, service must cost extraOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/29/2012Maybe I'd set the bar too high based on all the great reviews I've read but dining @ Haiku was a disappointing experience. The food was good but there were a number of problems with the service. Repeatedly got our order wrong. Long waits between ordering & being served especially considering it seemed to be a slow night. When it came time for coffee & dessert, we decided to go elsewhere.
- Great Sushi RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2012I loved the sushi specials, very unique and delicious. They have a great selection of wine but I really liked the sake flights. Such a great idea. You get to try samples of different types of sake. We were very happy to find that they also had great food for my non-sushi eating friends. I definitely recommend this place.Special Features:
- Under New Ownership - Oh! No!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/14/2012My wife and I went to the Haiku in Worcester to celebrate our wedding anniversary, expecting to have fine food and excellent service as we had had in the past. The restaurant is under new ownership and it has lost that excellent service that it use to have. We arrived at 4:30 PM and left near 6:00 PM. We were the only people eating in the restaurant. One other person came in and sat at the bar during this time. The new kitchen staff has to get up to speed to learn the menu. It seemed like forever to get an appetizer (Gyoza) of dumplings containing shrimp and vegetables. It took the cook and owner so long to decide how to plate the dish that by the time it was served, it was not hot anymore.Special Features: