Hacienda del Rio
302 San Felipe NW
Albuquerque, NM 87104Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
Hacienda del Rio
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.haciendadelriocantina.com/
- Phone: (505) 243-3131
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner: Daily: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, American, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Andres Rosales
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Planning an event? We hope you will consider serving delicious, authentic Hacienda del Rio food as a real treat for your guests! With delivery and set-up included - and servers available upon request - rest assured that your event will go off without a hitch! We also offer all utensils and dishware upon request...we have everything you need for a complete event. We set up, break down, and make it look pretty. Just sit back, relax, and enjoy your party!
- Entertainment: Hacienda del Rio has LIVE entertainment on weekends.
A word from Hacienda del Rio
Hacienda del Rio is located in historic Old Town Albuquerque. We feature exceptional New Mexican food, prepared from scratch, always fresh and always healthy. It’s what brings locals and visitors back again and again. Come in relax, and enjoy a fabulous Hacienda margarita. Inside or out... Our staff is ready to serve you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hacienda del Rio reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (4)neighborhood gem (2)special occasion (1)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)good for groups (1)kid-friendly (1)romantic (1)Show More
- GreatMexican choice !JoBlueDined on 10/25/2014We actually have eaten here several times but this time we ate outside.....it was delightful. It's not a place that seats multitudes of guests, so it's quieter and outside you can overlook Old Town Plaza which is really delightful in the evening. The food is always fresh....but definitely try the fajitas!....I'm vegetarian and theirs are wonderful.....in addition to being a really substantial plate....we'll continue frequenting this eatery :)Special Features:
- PatrickVIPDined on 10/23/2014Every staff member tries to help every table which is very inefficient but shows that everyone is interested in providing service. Just make sure that you get checked in as an Open Table member so that they actually let Open Table know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall not really happyTheBigLDined on 10/17/2014We dined at Hacienda Del Rio with friends. The service staff ignored us for about 15 minutes. Other couples were seated and served after we had been seated. I complained to our server when she finally showed up and we got a lip service apology. The slow service continued throughout the evening. The quality of my meal was lacking. Small portions of adequate food. The outside patio was a fabulous location to people watch and provides great ambiance. However I would likely not go back.Special Features:
- Don't go.AlbqDined on 10/5/2014I was very disappointed with the restaurant. The food was terrible. Ordered frajitas and the meat was the cheapest, over cooked, and lacked flavor. Some else ordered chili rejenos and they coating was hard as if old, maybe even reheated and served. The service was terrible. No one knew anything, not prices and not their menu. DON'T GO.
- Terrible All AroundKenTerriDined on 8/20/2014The food here was absolutely terrible and service was slow.
- UnfriendlyqbbqDined on 8/9/2014We made a reservation via Open Table based on the restaurant's listed hours. We showed up 15 minutes before our reservation time to find out that they were closing early and would not take our reservation.
- Saturday night in AlbuquerquetarcgazDined on 8/2/2014Ok place to eat downtown. Cool look and feel. Staff is accommodatingI would recommend this to a friend.
- Hacienda Del RioYossarianDined on 7/30/2014Have eaten here twice, once for lunch and this time for dinner. Both experiences were enjoyable - food was good, service good. As this restaurant is right on the Plaza I can imagine that at times it could get very crowded. Both times we attended were "off peak" hours so we did not have that problem. My wife lately is having a problem with spicy food, so if someone in your party does as well, be very careful what you order. Overall a good time and would go again next time we are in Albuquerque.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Town AuthentichpaulDined on 6/27/2014Found this restaurant through travel sites while researching for a family trip to Albuquerque. The food was delicious, and they gave enormous portions for the price! Wait staff was extremely friendly and attentive. Anyone traveling to ABQ looking for an authentic Mexican restaurant in Old Town with delicious food, great prices, and a wonderful ambiance, Hacienda del Rio is for you!Special Features:
- We waited over 45 minutesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/12/2014We waited over 45 minutes to get waters and drinks that we ordered. So we left. It was not that busy. We saw two tables served before us. I could not rate the food because the service was so poor...
- Small town oasis in the big cityOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/5/2014Great service, good food and a very welcome respite from suburban chain stores or fast-food. If you want a glimpse of real southwest life before everything became one big strip-mall, this is the right neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for tourists, not localsPlacitasMenVIPDined on 3/23/2014We had high hopes for this restaurant, but unfortunately, it fell short of our expectations. Given its location in Old Town, it is targeted at tourists. If I were a tourist visiting from say, back east, I would probably be very impressed...it would probably be unlike anything I've ever experienced before. However, being a native New Mexican, it didn't do much for me. The atmosphere and ambiance are great, but the food is only mediocre. Not bad, mind you, but there are many better New Mexican restaurant options in Albuquerque in my opinion. If a festive atmosphere is what you are seeking, this is the place. However, if you're seeking a really great New Mexican meal, you may want to consider other options.Special Features:
- poor experiencegoodDined on 3/22/2014The choice of red or green chile didn't matter. There was very little on both of our meals. The food was mediocre. The margaritas were mostly ice. Also expensive.
- Good food, good spot, fun timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2014We took our 4 and 7 year old sons. They had a blast. There was live music and they engaged the crowd, including the wait staff. They took my boys out and they shook maracas, marching in a line around the restaurant. Good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner w/ your special someonetraveltimeDined on 2/14/2014Highly recommend for dinner with that special someone! Our waiter was super nice!!! We actually brought our kids along (ages 14 & 9) and we had a lovely Valentines Day Dinner!! Don't forget the fried ice cream for dessert!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KentKentDined on 2/1/2014we ordered chili rellenos and they were inedible, too tough to cut, skins not removed, rather tastless; sopapillas were greasy and tough. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone, probably the poorest Mexican food I have add after living in New Mexico since 1970!