Hacienda Del Lago - Tahoe City
760 North Lake Blvd., Suite 30
Tahoe City, CA 96145Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Hacienda Del Lago - Tahoe City
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hacdellago.com/
- Phone: 5305813700
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday and Sunday 2pm-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Live Reggae, Live Rock, DJ's
There's always something going on at Hacienda.
Check our Facebook page for the next upcoming events or just call us and see whats happening tonight!
A word from Hacienda Del Lago - Tahoe City
Mexican Food & SpiritsContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hacienda Del Lago - Tahoe City reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (12)kid-friendly (8)great for outdoor dining (8)good for groups (6)great for lunch (3)neighborhood gem (1)vibrant bar scene (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Great location, OK foodPKFoodieVIPDined on 8/10/2014We stopped in at Hacienda del Lago for an early Sunday dinner. If you sit outside or get a table along the south-facing windows, the views of Lake Tahoe, the surrounding mountains, and the Tahoe City marina are excellent. The food is pretty standard Tex-Mex. Service was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Location; Excellent FoodDineTownVIPDined on 8/10/2014We loved this place. The location is perfect, the food is excellent, and the weather was just nice. The service was OK though as our server kept on forgetting things we asked. He was very polite and apologetic though. Overall, we enjoyed our experience there.
- djvfDined on 8/2/2014great spot, wonderful hostess and servers, kinda routine mexican food but the view makes it special!!Special Features:
- Hostess with an attitudeIndigestioninTahoeDined on 8/2/2014Overall, the food here was good. However, the hostess totally ruined our experience. We had made reservations two days earlier and had asked for a table with a lake view. When we got there the hostess led us to a tiny table not even set up that was next to a railing and had no view unless we asked all the diners in front of us to move. When I nicely asked for a better table, she replied that the others were for people with reservations. When I reminded h1er that we had reservations, she said too bad, did we want to sit down or not. When we said no, she walked away from us, spoke to someone else, then came back and said she'd have to move all her reservations around. If that was OK with us, she'd move us. What a way to start a meal
- Great food with a view!JimnHeatherDined on 7/26/2014We were seated early in a wonderful outdoor table and had great service and food. And all at a very reasonable price too. We will go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovetoeatDined on 7/26/2014Up in Tahoe visiting from San Diego. I was looking for a Mexican Restaurant with a view of the Lake. Hacienda Del Lago fit the bill. The food was very good but not up to San Diego's "real" Mexican restaurants. The service was great. Very cordial and helpful from the minute you walk through their door. Directions to the restaurant need to be more clear. Being unfamiliar with the area..it would have been helpful to know that it was in a Mall. We all had a very enjoyable dining experience. The Margaritas were great. Love the idea that they take reservations and honor them!!Special Features:
- Good and cheap, nice viewHollinatorDined on 7/4/2014Great food and decently good food for a good price. Best aspect was the view. We are a couple without children (by choice) and if you're looking for a no-kids ambiance it is not the best place. But vice versa also! Food is surprisingly good (basically I've found that most tahoe food is bad and I'm a food snob and live in SF) for a good low price. I would definitely go back and would recommend, especially for the view and cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Below averageCiviliandinerDined on 6/18/2014They sat us in the mall, not in the restaurant, though it was not busy. There was a fantastic view of the mall, not much else. The waiter was fine. The food was pretty sub par. I could taste the cooking oil in the chicken in the tacos. The food was bioiler-plate cafeteria style Mexican. No imagination. The prices were not cheap. $10-12 for a burrito. While I don't live in Tahoe, I don't like being treated like just another faceless tourist who will eat overpriced cafeteria style food like this was Disneyland.
- Mexican food @TahoeBee72Dined on 5/25/2014We were looking for a restaurant on the water on Tahoe; something different and this Mexican restaurant fit the bill perfectly. Great atmosphere, fantastic view, friendly staff and good food.Special Features:
- The following 14 reviews are from the Hacienda Del Lago - Tahoe City reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/13/2014We go to Hacienda around Mother's Day every year when my family and friends are with me. Obviolusly we come back each year because of the great food and service.Special Features:
- Outstanding Service!Nelco14Dined on 1/25/2014We went here for my Dad's 70th birthday as it could accommodate a large group of people with lots of kids. The restaurant staff and waiter were fantastic in dealing with everyone, particularly the kids. The food was great too. Overall it was a fabulous place for a large group to get together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive service for a large groupCleoBVIPDined on 1/10/2014We came here for our weekly apres-ski group dinner and had a great time. Service was attentive, chips and salsa plentiful, and food tasty all around. It's typical Mexican restaurant fare with generous portions, and there was something for everyone. We'd come again!Special Features:
- Repeat DinerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/30/2013I have been dining there for many occasions and this Christmas Season was just as good as the past. Food is well prepared with generous portions, with many choices..Chili Verde is always my favorite. Go early on holidays and try lunch in good weather times as the view of Tahoe is beautiful. Good place for families with small children to enjoy a meal out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for casual dining...irfishyDined on 10/5/2013Their food was great, pretty view of the lake, and nice outdoor eating area if weather permits. Food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair at bestThecaptainDined on 9/11/2013The view from the deck is spectacular; unfortunately the food is not. The lettuce in my wife's taco salad was past wilted and well on the way to dead. My chile Colorado was passable, but nothing special. The beans, rice, and flour tortillas were very good as was the service. Perhaps my view of the evening would have been better had we not been under assault from a squadron of yellow jackets.Special Features:
- Was excited...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/10/2013The Hacienda had been closed several years and we love Mexican food so glad to have it back in the Boatworks. Waitor was nice but slow, forgot salt shaker, mixed up our orders so I had refried beans...wanted black...my friend wanted refried and got black. The waiter's support staff couldn't comprehend that my friend wanted a margarita with neither ice nor blended...so told her no, she couldn't have it! I had requested a window table on OpenTable. So she seats us at a window where half of us can't see out on the lake because the manner in which the folded window covers block our view. We love Mexican and live in the San Francisco Bay area so have amazing choices. Our standards may be a little high.Special Features:
- Beautiful and Fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/27/2013When me and my group of 12 showed up for dinner we were all awe-struck by the AMAZING Tahoe view. It was stunning!! The service and the food were just extra bonuses. Everything was amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great margaritas, good food!smokeyandashesDined on 7/12/2013This is a great place for a group. The food is good and reasonably priced and the drinks are tasty. The service is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good but best part waswdsddsVIPDined on 7/5/2013Food good but best part was great view if you can get window seats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great tasting foodluvmexfoodDined on 7/4/2013My group was very happy with the food. The service was poor, and the hostess really was not very professional or accommodating. Overall, I would recommend the restaurant for the great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation not Honored by RestauraLv2eatDined on 7/4/2013Open Table sent a bulk cancellation email a few hours before my reservation for a family dinner - this restaurant did not give us, or anyone else, any notice to make a reservation elsewhere or make other plans on a very busy holiday. I will never patronize or recommend them again. "OpenTable is contacting you on behalf of Hacienda Del Lago as they wanted us to pass along the following message: "Attention Beloved Hacienda Customers, Due to the fact that we are new to OpenTable we have made an error with the system, we are NOT taking reservations today we CAN NOT guarantee that a table will be ready for you at your booked time. Sincerely, Eli Covell Partner and GM Hacienda del lago" If you have any further questions or concerns..."
- Good solid Mexican food. GreatwdsddsVIPDined on 5/26/2013Good solid Mexican food. Great location and view of Lake Tahoe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpereincebrownsDined on 5/25/2013The food was average. The service was very fast, our food came out in literally 5 mins which was a good also bad thing. Good was there being no wait, however, we did not get to sit and sip Omg drinks and enjoy visit and view of beautiful Lake Tahoe. Our Hostess also was not very professional and did not seem to make customers her first priority. Over all I give this a 5/10.