185 Orchard St.
New York, NY 10002Neighborhood:
Lower East Side
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hachinyc.com/
- Phone: 2122280880
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday and Wednesday: 4:30pm - 12:00am Thursday thru Friday: 4:30pm - 2:00am Sunday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Japanese
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: East Houston and Stanton
- Public Transit: Located in the swanky East Village of Manhattan, Hachi Restaurant & Lounge is easily accessible by the B, D, M, 6 (Broadway/Lafayette Street Stop), F (2nd Avenue Stop) and J, Z (Delancey Street/ Essex Street Stop) subways.
- Parking: No
A word from Hachi
Simplicity and tradition is the essence of Japanese Cuisine. With fresh ingredients and his worldly culinary expertise, our Chef provides guests with an extraordinary experience. Let his mouth watering signature dishes and ever changing creations inspire and bring you an unforgettable dining experience. Come visit us today!!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hachi reviews from OpenTable diners
- Food not too goodTroyVIPDined on 6/7/2013I came here on a rainy friday evening, so there was no one at the restaurant. I ordered sushi which was okay. the chicken teriyaki i order was undercooked. very disappointed.Special Features:
- AmazingMilaDined on 6/1/2013Great selection of fresh fish - sashimi platter was excellent. Shared different appetizers and everything was fresh and tasty - seared white tuna was amazing. Attentive service and nice atmosphere. Will definitely come back.Special Features:
- What no GrouponOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/9/2013I thought the food and service were pretty good. Funny thing is they seemed surprised by us being there. The first thing they asked was if were were doing a Groupon dinner... Which made me think it was sort of a cheep place but being next to Blue Ribbon sushi they must be a pretty good spot. Like I said food was good and service was too. Not a bad find.Special Features:
- Ha'Chi was actually a pleasantmos205VIPDined on 3/22/2013Ha'Chi was actually a pleasant surprise. We ordered several small plates and everything was very tasty. They gave us discount vouchers to use next time so will definitely be back with those.Special Features:
- A little too dark, but overall,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2013A little too dark, but overall, the experience was very nice. Our waiter did a very efficient job. Do, however, wish the wine list was longer.Special Features:
- Cool place, good foodscookeDined on 3/9/2013Sushi was great. Server kept the beers flowing and gave us a round on the house. Everything was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not JapaneseOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/22/2013Pan-Asian is definitely what you get here. Do not think you are going to a Japanese restaurant, so for us it was a disappointment. Their jalapeño yellowtail was a little soupy with sauce, the sautéed mushrooms were yummy but too many regular mushrooms, not enough (or any) wild or shiitakes. The white wine they have is awful. The service however was very good and really tried to make us happy, in spite of the fact that they are not knowledgeable about what they are serving, didn't know their sakes and served yellowtail scallion roll without the scallions. The decor is fun and it's a great big space you don't see very often in the neighborhood, so perhaps for a snack and some sake it's find. I won't be going back, thoughSpecial Features:
- Fresh Fish in a clubby environ.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/15/2013Great big happy rolls. The 3 way sashimi is superb but small portions. Miso black cod is as good as n*bu. $1 oysters are a great delicious deal.Special Features:
- Place was easy to find. EmployeesOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/14/2013Place was easy to find. Employees are very prompt when seating you. Ambiance was cozy and relaxed. Nicely decorated place and very cool. Great gem! Food was absolutely amazing. Their sushi selection was fabulous and their hot dishes were beyond excellent. Waiter was very prompt but we did have to try to get his attention a few times as the place was busy, regardless he was a very good waiter. Overall this restaurant is outstanding from the food to decor to employees. Definitely go and once you do, you will want to come back for more!Special Features:
- Great romantic atmosphere.LocalVIPDined on 2/12/2013Great romantic atmosphere. Came here using a Groupon voucherSpecial Features:
- this is my four times at thisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/2/2013this is my four times at this restaurant with friend,they all love it,don't miss the desserts.Special Features:
- I really liked this placeThidaVIPDined on 1/25/2013I really liked this place for their service, value, and good food. I came here with a voucher and expected to be treated differently because of it like at other restaurants. They provided outstanding service, the staff was very attentive. The food was really good to my surprise because it didn't look like a place that had outstanding food.
- Great SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/18/2013The food is definitely great. Sushi totally impresses me. Decor is nice and pleasant. $1 mussel during happy hour is a great deal.Special Features:
- The food was excellent, particularlOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/12/2013The food was excellent, particularly the yellowtail with fois gras. It had the tiniest piece of fois gras, but BIG flavor. The server mentioned that they had fatty tuna, a rare delight. She also made another recommendation, the pork Bossam. All were terrific!Special Features:
- It's a great place for a group.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/11/2013It's a great place for a group. Both the food and drinks are good and not too expensive. I came once on NYE and loved the drinks, especially some mango sake drink. Then I invited a group of my friends for dinner and drinks. They had no trouble accommodating a group and we had very good service. It has a large roof which makes it look more spacious and it would probably be a good place to take a date. The lighting was low but it's not too quiet. The furniture and ambiance was modern and chic. We had several sushi rolls--all of which were very good but not the best. It's worth the price and if I lived in the neighborhood I would eat there or order out on weekdays.Special Features:
- Disappointing.SgggVIPDined on 1/5/2013Disappointing. Sushi was ok but uninspired. Service was slow. Overall, I felt like this place was going for image rather than quality.
- Nice atmosphere, great service.SJR1VIPDined on 1/5/2013Went here on a pulsd voucher and was pleasantly surprised. I was afraid this was going to be like Buddakhan (overpriced/mediocre food, annoying customers...all style no substance) but this place is different. Very nice atmosphere and tables are far enough apart so you can carry on a conversation without everyone else being able to hear you. Service was excellent. I ordered the grilled Filet Mignon and wasn't asked how I wanted it cooked. It still came out fine, though. My date enjoyed her Chicken Teriyaki and order of Sushi and the dessert was tasty, too.
- Food as delicious but it tookOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/4/2013Food as delicious but it took a while for our food to get to our table.. Friendly staff :-)Special Features:
- First time we were impressedamalyutinVIPDined on 12/23/2012First time we were impressed with this place. This time was completely opposite. No return.
- Excellent Asian fusion cuisine.lawprofDined on 12/19/2012Excellent Asian fusion cuisine. Dishes were all well-prepared, beautifully presented, with interesting combinations of subtle flavors. Many of the smaller dishes were just that -- small, so if you have a big appetite be prepared to order several. Decor is modern with a nice ambiance, but a bit loud when it was crowded.Special Features:
- Will come again, no doubt!MonaVIPDined on 12/18/2012I went to Ha'Chi to dine with my best friend and both of us agree that this place is a truly amazing restaurant. From the host to the server, you get 5-star treatment. Our server attended to our every need, the food arrived within a reasonable amount of time and it tasted great! The ambiance can be both romantic or relaxed. This is a spot if you want to get to know someone better or catch up with old friends. The seats are appropriately spaced, so you don't feel like people can overhear your conversations or rubbing elbows with other guest. Overall, this is a great find. I would come back here anytime and would highly recommend to friends and family.Special Features:
- Delicious,Modern, Priced ProferOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/15/2012I went to Ha Chi last night. We ordered, 3 kinds of rolls, Filet mignon, Miso black Cod, Seafood Risotto, Sashimi salad and Fruit harumaki, and Greentea Tiramisu. All the dishes very delicious, and Modern presentaion, and priced proper compared to other restaurant. It all present very well, and looked delicious. We'll definitely go back again.Special Features:
- 2nd time there, much morekramDined on 12/14/20122nd time there, much more impressed with the food and service the first time. Maybe just an off night?Special Features:
- Excellent food, service, andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/13/2012Excellent food, service, and ambiance. Went on LivingSocial deal, but would return for regularly priced meal any day. Amazing!Special Features:
- Fun Date NightAimsDined on 12/8/2012Service was super-friendly and fun. Food and cocktails were tasty. Great date night!Special Features:
- Good service, good food. LovedJMM051Dined on 12/8/2012Good service, good food. Loved the atmosphere and setup of this place. Definitely recommend it to others.Special Features:
- good food, but way to littleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012good food, but way to little quantity, We were not happy. We had to go to another restaurant right after this one. Even though we ordered many dishes.
- Nice servers and management.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/6/2012Nice servers and management. Good food. Hip lively ambiance.Special Features:
- Nice Japanese fusion restaurantsummerDined on 12/4/2012Went to this place on a Groupon deal. Nice new style Japanese fusion restaurant. Groupon has the deal on right now and I just bought it again.Special Features:
- The only downside of thisOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/30/2012The only downside of this place was the painfully slow service. The server didn't speak English very well so she had a hard time understanding us. Although it is a Japanese restaurant, a full bar including some foreign liquor would have been nice.Special Features:
- Great saki selection and memorableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/28/2012Great saki selection and memorable food, but very poor service. I would recommend sitting downstairs and NOT going for the sole purpose of dinner.
- My second visit to Ha'chi.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/24/2012My second visit to Ha'chi. Tried the rack of lamb. Definitely ranks among the better meat dishes I've tasted in a long time. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Will be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/20/2012Loved it. Staff was wonderful, food was great. Even the special they had for $1 oysters, were great! Will def be back!!
- Rather unnerving to be theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/20/2012Rather unnerving to be the only diners in such a large restaurant at dinner hour, 2 people and about 20 staff...nevertheless, the service was not really attentive. We had to ask them to fix the table so it wouldn't wobble, and the plates were sort of just dumped on the table, without even a smile. I am usually not one to care about service, but this was worthy of note. We were hesitant to order raw fish given that there were no other customers, but the raw sushi turned out to be very fresh and tasted fabulous! The portions were small but well-presented, and tasted great. Nice contemporary decor with large curvy booths -- would be nice for groups. Esp rec seafood melange served in a shell (don't recall name of dish) it was really spectacularSpecial Features:
- Great wait staff, yummy smallOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/18/2012Great wait staff, yummy small dishes. Try the miso cod
- A little pricey but the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/18/2012A little pricey but the food was very good, service was excellent, and atmosphere was very good. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- Food is so so.. ExtremelyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/16/2012Food is so so.. Extremely noise.. Service was horrible, asked for tea for 3 time and waited for 10 minutes before getting it. Charged $2.50 for cup of tea without notifying you. The Asian waitress was slow on service but QUICK on checking on her TIPS. I wouldn't come back..!
- Great place and service. IOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/11/2012Great place and service. I really enjoyed the food.Special Features:
- Great food but service wasMilaDined on 11/9/2012Great food but service was somewhat lacking. Our table wasn't ready and our waitress keep disappearing and interchanging with another one.Special Features:
- It was fine... food was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2012It was fine... food was good -- especially the tuna with jalapeno -- but nothing spectacular. I would go if I was in the neighborhood, but wouldn't travel down for it.