510 Market Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.habitatrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4127738848x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 6:30am - 11:00am
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm;
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Dalling
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Habitat offers many options to accommodate your private dining needs including an intimate communal table, semi-private dining near the exhibition kitchen and bar seating perfect for cocktail receptions. All private parties enjoy the impeccable service and cuisine for which Habitat is known.
- Private Party Contact: Nicole Thomure 4127738848x
A word from Habitat
At Habitat, your table is set at the center of culture, cuisine and community. Let our staff share with you how Executive Chef Jason Dalling expertly blends locally-sourced ingredients to create a menu that ranges from internationally-inspired to traditional American dishes. Enjoy food that is tastefully unique and truly memorable in an atmosphere that is engaging and comfortable. Habitat is a place to call your own.Continued
Your table is waiting.
Your table is waiting.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Habitat reviews from OpenTable diners
157 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (85)fit for foodies (83)romantic (48)great for lunch (46)good for groups (35)scenic view (33)notable wine list (24)neighborhood gem (21)great for brunch (17)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- As AlwaysSwenseVIPDined on 8/28/2014All of the food was delicious - well prepared, well plated, well presented by excellent wait staff. I have not found any restaurant in downtown Pittsburgh that meets the standards demonstrated at Habitat!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the restaurant!RellenVIPDined on 8/27/2014We enjoy introducing people to the restaurant since the food, ambiance and service is first-rate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is becoming a Habit-tat!!SwenseVIPDined on 8/26/2014Brought a 2 colleagues with me to Habitat. They raved about the place, as i have on all previous occasions. Between the food, the service and the ambiance - hard to pick which is better - as all 3 are THE BEST.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I enjoyed the food.ClaudeDined on 8/25/2014The steak was delicious, one of the best I've had. Service is timely. Overall, good experience. This is a great place for business' lunches and dinners and for hot dates as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchAprilDined on 8/25/2014Great place for a lunch "hour." Service is fast and food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local and organic foodmrg59VIPDined on 8/23/2014Was not disappointed at Habitat. The food, atmosphere and service were all great. I ordered the beef tenderloin and it was very tender and great portion size. The beet salad and risotto were also very good and Habit has a nice selection of wines. Overall great experience.Special Features:
- Great Service, Glad We Went Back!heatheryDined on 8/20/2014My friend and tried Habitat a few years ago and were decidedly unimpressed -- the food was food boring, the service unexceptional, and the restaurant empty. What a difference a few years makes! This time we were very impressed with the food -- the beet appetizer was amazing (try it! Not your usual beet app). . The gnocchi was light, fluffy and melt-in-your-mouth. For our main, we split the cod, replacing haddock for the cod - amazing. Serving sizes are not huge, but we were satisfied on leaving. Nathaniel was a stellar server and guided us well, resolving our only issue immediately (grounds in the irish coffee). It was still empty, though - only six people on a Wednesday night.Special Features:
- RobinDined on 8/18/2014I really appreciate the gluten free menu options! I enjoyed both teh soup as well as the sndwich withthe Gluten Free bread. A treat!Special Features:
- A Lovely Experience at the HabitatMiner42Dined on 8/17/2014The restaurant is located on the second floor of the Fairmont Hotel in Pittsburgh. My wife and I met some friends for Sunday dinner during “restaurant week”. We ordered off of the special restaurant week menu and had 3 courses. Between us, we had the risotto, scallops, duck, and the ice cream cake. The food was excellent. The service was outstanding. One server (Raj) remembered us from a visit a year ago. Chris did an outstanding job at our table. The ambiance is lovely with big windows. Finally and importantly, the restaurant was quiet. There was no loud music and acoustics dampened the normal restaurant chatter. Habitat is a nice place to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/17/2014Great food and service. But when seated inside, beware being seated with the sun beaming inside--quite hot.
- Restaurant Week TreatJennDined on 8/16/2014My boyfriend and I capped off our restaurant week on Saturday with a trip to Habitat. From the get-go, our server was extremely friendly and knowledgable of the menu, something I always really appreciate. We ordered the risotto and salmon tartare to begin. I thought both were very tasty, albeit very different dishes. I preferred the salmon just because that is more up my alley at this time of year than a heavier risotto. For our entree, I ordered the duck (per chef's suggestion at medium rare), and my boyfriend had the scallops. He does not prefer the al dente preparation of scallops, and the chef was happy to cook them through. Both dishes were fantastic. Dessert was to die for. We will be back!Special Features:
- Very nice mealJonathanVIPDined on 8/16/2014We enjoyed the Restaurant Week menu. Risotto and salmon tartar appetizers, black cod and duck entrees, all done well. Attentive service. An attractive table setting. A good experience.
- fortheloveoffoodDined on 8/15/2014We had pretty much every course from restaurant week. The standout for us was the salmon tar tar and the scallops. The mushroom risotto was flavorless and gummy. They also ran out of the signature dessert. However, our waitress was so fabulous and allowed us to pick to others off the menu and even create our own little combination of desserts, since there was no other chocolate option on the menu. The atmosphere is what you would expect- “tryin to be modern” hotel restaurant decor.Special Features:
- Bucks the trendWillDined on 8/14/2014When one thinks of a hotel-based restaurant, less than inspiring meals usually come to mind. Not so with Habitat, which presents a beautiful space, service that goes above and beyond to make dining a pleasure, and food that will leave you bragging to your friends. It's not the cheapest night out in Pittsburgh or, perhaps, the trendiest, but Habitat has earned our repeat business.Special Features:
- food searcherfoodsearcherDined on 8/14/2014Considering value to food quality tahis place ranks about a five out of ten. Very expensive, expectations were high and disappointment was evident. Although fish was done very well but sides and other combinations were off. would not return.Special Features:
- Fabulous, parking was only downerChicDined on 8/14/2014We went for restaurant week. The restaurant is beautiful. Loved the fun water pitchers. Our server was fantastic, I think his name was Nate. He really knew the menu and the wine list. He explained to us how the giant table was made, after we told him we loved it. He gave us the advice we needed for planning a holiday dinner there. The only negative, $20 parking with Valet for a 2 hour dinner. With tip $25. A ridiculous amount, pretty much the cost of overnight parking downtown. Other than that, i would highly recommend this restaurant and I look forward to sampling more of their menu on future visits!Special Features:
- We went there for restaurant week.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/13/2014The food and service were outstanding. We ordered the duck and black cod and enjoyed the risotto and salmon tartare as an appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food fail & Reservation LietasterDined on 8/13/2014First: I ordered the scallops. The only flavoring was salt and lots of it. I sent them back. The second edition was just as bad. Second: I made my reservation via Open Table. I requested 7:30. The response was either 6 pm or 8 pm. I chose 6. We arrived to a completely empty restaurant and one that remained that way until well after 7. We could easily have had a table at 7:30. When I asked why we didn't get 7:30 I was told "we have had a lot of cancellations". I don't like being lied to and Open Table seems to be given less than accurate info on availability as well. For these two reasons I will not return and will be sure to dis this place when given the chance. One more thing: standard cocktails (vodka gibson) are expensive.Special Features:
- Consistent Quality and ServiceSharonDined on 8/13/2014Habitat is one of my favorite places for lunch - consistent quality and service, great atmosphere, innovative menu and reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodBeckyDined on 8/12/2014Great food. Pricey. Restaurant week should have been $30.14. Also there should have been a wine pairing for additional.. 2oz pours or something bc $16 martin is is a little silly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!DonVDined on 8/12/2014We went for restaurant week and the menu was amazing! We have been there twice before and loved it every time!Special Features:
- DickVIPDined on 8/12/2014Excellent food that was locally grown. Wait staff was very informed of the menu and made great recommendations.Special Features:
- Restaurant Weekgastrogal89Dined on 8/11/2014My boyfriend and I attended Habitat for restaurant week. The menu from which we ordered was abbreviated, since it was specifically made for restaurant week; however, all of our dining selections were superb. The staff was very attentive. The overall ambience was delightful, and we especially enjoyed the open kitchen concept. We will certainly be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemDebharasDined on 8/11/2014Located in the Fairmont hotel, downtown Pittsburgh is a elegant, sleek, yet comfortable restaurant. First time in the city, I made reservations from the pittsburgh restaurant week list. We had a little of a hard time finding it b/c we didn't know that it was located in the Fairmont hotel/suites. We were dressed for the ball game so wasn't sure about fitting in, at first. Not a problem at all. We ate the express lunch that was featured for the event. Delicious and fresh!! A change from most heavy foods in the area. A viewable large, open kitchen was a great feature to watch the chefs in.action. The service was impeccable along with the food. Portions were perfect. Great break from the hustle and bustle of the city.Special Features:
- Delicious foodRellenVIPDined on 8/9/2014Habitat always presents delicious meals. Everything is plated beautifully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Birthday DinnerGirlsWhoEatTheirFeelingsDined on 8/9/2014I took my girlfriend here as a surprise for her birthday, and it was an absolutely lovely evening. Parking downtown is tough (we caved and did the $20 valet due to a Pirate's game that evening), but for a special occasion, not enough to keep us from coming back. Our service here was exceptional and the food was amazing. This is the place to go to try upscale dishes that have a unique twist. The chef and server were also very accommodating to a dairy allergy (the chef even sent us a special sauce to make sure problematic ingredients were substituted, not just omitted like we have experienced at many other upscale places). Make sure you come thirsty, too. We tried several of their specialty cocktails. Each one was fantastic.Special Features:
- Excellence!!!SwenseVIPDined on 8/7/2014Food excellence. Service excellence. Ambiance excellence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bday PartySam1234Dined on 8/2/2014Dining at Habitat was perfect for a special occasion. Our waiter made us feel very welcome and did not rush us. The noise from the band downstairs was a bit distracting, but luckily we were closer to the kitchen than to the entrance where it was quite noisy.Special Features:
- Maybe for businessBeemerGirlDined on 7/30/2014Quiet for business dinner. Atmosphere stuffy; no bar activity. Food looked better than tasted.
- Make it a habit at HabitatSwenseVIPDined on 7/29/2014The food is exquisite. The service even better. Wait staff treat you as a member of the family. Food preparation and presentation was outstanding.Special Features:
- Great as usualjhammy91Dined on 7/26/2014My wife and I typically go to Habitat for our evenings out. It is never too crowded, the noise level is always low, the food is fantastic, the service is outstanding and we love its location! Habitat is perfect for people who like organic food. It's so hard to find a restaurant in Pittsburgh that has grass-fed beef, organic chicken, and locally grown vegetables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So gooddougedougDined on 7/26/2014The restaurant was wonderful if you are downtown and looking for something hip for a nice evening this is a perfect choice!Special Features:
- Casual, relaxed, deliciousCJ515Dined on 7/26/2014It's always a pleasure to bring new friends to Habitat. First timers feel instantly comfortable when walking through the Fairmont's lobby; smiling employees always offer a friendly hello. The staff in the Habitat's dining room are warm and gracious; book window-side table across from the open kitchen, if possible. The views to the street below and the busy kitchen staff are great. Food prep is inspired, with local, fresh ingredients and the menu changes seasonally. The chef's features -- coq-au-vin of cornish hen on this night -- are always a good pick. You can really taste flavor profiles. Portions are just right, allowing room for dessert. Our table was amused by the "hemp" ice cream! What is that? Unusually delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Locally sourced foodVeggieLoverDined on 7/25/2014I really enjoy the fact that most of the food here is locally sourced and fresh. It really lets the diner know that you can have great, tasty food that doesn't have to come from 1000 miles away. It is a little pricey, but I have never been disappointed. One of my favorite restaurants. Love what they do with the in season veggies, whether soups, salads or incorporated into the main dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best burger in town!fedesbVIPDined on 7/24/2014It was a thursday night and the place was half empty. 3-4 tables at the most. But the food and the staff were amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- could have been betterGreekGeekDined on 7/24/2014Great ambiance. Friendly waiter (Phil). But food took a LONG time to arrive and we had to shovel the food into our mouths in order to not be late for our show. Here's the weird thing. When our food came, it was cool. Would have complained but we had to run.I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumYumDined on 7/22/2014It was my second visit to Habitat where I had the express lunch and it was fantastic. The food is always fresh and delicious. I will be a regular.Special Features:
- habitatmegzDined on 7/19/2014Service was very attentive. We received 2 complimentary desserts which were amazing! Everything was good. Vegetarian and celiac friendly. Prices high, but not unreasonable. Dinner for two with two appetizers and desserts came to $77.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinnercuisine54Dined on 7/18/2014This was a return to Habitat after about a year's lapse. I wonder why I waited so long. Unlike so many restaurants in Pittsburgh, Habitat's noise level allows the group to conduct conversations without all the din. The menu offers selections for all kinds of taste buds. Our diners had the scallops (done to perfection), the lamb chops from the fall menu, and the grass-fed beef tenderloin. All were done perfectly and served picture-perfect. The beet salad has been something I have ordered on every visit to Habitat and it has never disappointed me as well as the Naan bread. The other important thing about Habitat is their high standard for cleanliness - the wine glasses and cutlery shine. No dessert for us because a cake was at home.Special Features:
- Enjoyable but over pricedPittharvest32Dined on 7/17/2014The service was amazing, very nice lay out and the food was good. Because it is located in the Fairmont you enjoy a great atmosphere but are charged accordingly to reflect your location not necessarily the level of the food.