510 Market Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.habitatrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (412) 773-8848
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 6:30am - 11:00am
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm;
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Dalling
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Habitat offers many options to accommodate your private dining needs including an intimate communal table, semi-private dining near the exhibition kitchen and bar seating perfect for cocktail receptions. All private parties enjoy the impeccable service and cuisine for which Habitat is known.
- Private Party Contact: Nicole Thomure 4127738848x
A word from Habitat
At Habitat, your table is set at the center of culture, cuisine and community. Let our staff share with you how Executive Chef Jason Dalling expertly blends locally-sourced ingredients to create a menu that ranges from internationally-inspired to traditional American dishes. Enjoy food that is tastefully unique and truly memorable in an atmosphere that is engaging and comfortable. Habitat is a place to call your own.Continued
Your table is waiting.
Your table is waiting.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Habitat - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Habitat reviews from OpenTable diners
183 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (106)special occasion (98)romantic (46)good for groups (44)great for lunch (43)scenic view (34)neighborhood gem (33)notable wine list (25)hot spot (24)great for brunch (16)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Delicious brunch!discerningfoodie63Dined on 11/16/2014My husband, a friend of ours and I had a wonderful leisurely brunch before seeing Otello recently. Everything tasted as good as it looked, or even better. We also raved about the fresh carrot-and-ginger juice. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Pittsburgh RestaurantPittsburgherDined on 11/13/2014Habitat is a hidden gem in Pittsburgh. It's not one of the places one usually thinks of when dining in town, maybe because it's in the Fairmont and not at street level. However, it's well worth the walk up the stairs to experience the ambiance and flavors of Habitat. I'm not a foodie and general like simple food, but the salmon entrée was one of the best I've ever had. The service was very attentive without being intrusive. I highly recommend it for a dinner before a show or a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experiencejubby72Dined on 11/11/2014As a vegan of 1 year I loved that they had a menu specifically having items I could order. In addition, our waiter Raj also mentioned the chef could most likely prepare anything else I wanted as they had a full kitchen. What I loved the most was that while Habitat would be considered high end dining I did not consider the pricing to be overwhelming. Even the meat items (which are locally sourced) I felt were very reasonably priced. I am looking forward to coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mwallace3544VIPDined on 11/10/2014Was impressed with the level of service and the speed of getting food to the table. While our server was quick to serve she never made us feel rushed. The food was very good and I recommend the express lunch. This gives you a taste of all the specials and includes desert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014We were there for Sunday brunch. The food was good. Great service. I would recommend Habitat to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Low Key, Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014We experienced great service, great food, and it was perfect noise level to be able to have a conversation on a blind date. I noticed the big group table where about 10 people were enjoying a meal-- looked like a great spot for that! I'll be back with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good experience.Eventx3Dined on 11/6/2014Food was very good. Kitchen was spotless. Wait staff was very attentive. Overall we had a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014What a great night out. The service was outstanding. Everything recommended by our waiter Raj was delicious. The warm naan served with three different spreads just melted in your mouth. My husband had the pork chop which was huge but so juicy and tasty. I had the filet. Oh wow! Perfectly cooked you could practically cut it with your fork. It was lean and delicious. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Food missed out!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014Had to ask for bread. The yellow beets in the beet salad were undercooked and hard to slice. The blackened salmon that my friend ordered was undercooked and raw on the inside.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/31/2014Very good food, good service. Oddly, we were seated at a table right between two other parties of two. It seemed odd since there were other unoccupied tables, so we didn't need to be on top of one another.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable!BurghFoodieVIPDined on 10/29/2014Dined at Habitat couple weeks ago, after the restaurant was highly recommended to me by friends. High quality ingredients, well-crafted dishes, attention to details in plating, attentive (yet not overbearing) service - this is what separates average restaurant from upscale dining. And Habitat is meets all these criteria of fine dining. Located inside swanky Freemont hotel - decor and lighting adds to a nice intimate ambiance inside. Chef uses only seasonal ingredients. We were impressed by flavors - I had red snapper and my husband had black cod. Aged meat carpaccio appetizier was fantastic as well. Despite being fairly expensive venue (plan to spend around $200 for two) - it was well worth it.Special Features:
- Habitat DeliversSwenseVIPDined on 10/28/2014Myself and a colleague had dinner - 2 Beet salads, 1 Red Snapper and 1 Rack of Lamb. 2 completely satisfied customers!!! The service and attention to detail was at its highest level, as always. Stop in - try their Fall menu - it is filled with delicious plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Difficult to find, but worth itdholcombDined on 10/26/2014I wasn't aware that Habitat was a restaurant IN a hotel lobby. Probably because I am oblivious. But the dining room, the service, and the food were WELL worth finding. Had a great table next to the kitchen, with a great view of all that was going on. Fun for a foodie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you!amylynnDined on 10/25/2014Our recent visit to Habitat was a nice treat - we had family visiting from out of town, and wanted them to see the classy side of Pittsburgh. Everyone loved the food, and even picky eaters had no problem finding something they enjoyed. Definitely a special occasion spot for my budget, but well worth it.Special Features:
- PriceyCinimodsueDined on 10/25/2014The food was wonderful! Service was good - loved the roasted beet salad and Salmon was GREAT - and all 3 of us thought it was too expensive.Special Features:
- HabitatAltoonaEdDined on 10/24/2014We had dinner here with two other couples. We were impressed with the multiple menus that took into account folks with dietary limitations or preferences. Lobster & grits were very good as was the snapper. Overall our group had a very pleasant & enjoyable dining experience. The restaurant would have been easier to find had we known it was in the Fairmont Hotel. But then again, we might not have chosen a hotel restaurant.Special Features:
- Good not GreatRob7Dined on 10/24/2014I expected this restaurant to be excellent and it came up a little short. The mushroom bisque was too heavy on too heavy on the cream and too light on the mushroom. The scallops were very good. The wait staff and bar staff could use a little polishing for such a high end hotel restaurant.
- Great Birthday CelebrationmrsoxDined on 10/24/2014We celebrated a birthday at Habitat. Food was great, service was fabulous. Recommend to all.Special Features:
- New fall menu delectableSerenityDined on 10/18/2014From the vegetable terrine appetizer to the scallops or roasted Amish chicken to the delectable pear dessert with cinnamon ice cream it was an enticing delicious meal! I has expected more on the ambiance side from description but overall was nice and simple. Entree prices a bit high (28$ for chicken) and pay extra for sides but worth it in the end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/15/2014parking is a problem. The valet parking is very expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Check the Dictionary - It is There!SwenseVIPDined on 10/15/2014A habitat is defined in Merriam-Webster dictionary as the place where something is commonly found; a natual environment for a species. In the case of "Habitat" - the Restaurant, the "Diner" becomes the species that finds this place so natural. From the moment you reach the welcoming desk and through to your departure, the "Diner" will be enveloped in a habitat strictly tailored to your needs and requirements within the environment that is "Habitat". It is a complete package - summing up to the fact that the Management, Hosts and Hostesses, Wait Staff, and Kitchen Staff at Habitat, in my opinion, offer the best dining experience in downtown Pittsburgh!! Thank you all for your efforts!! Scottish Salmon medium rare - melts in your mouth!!Special Features:
- Parking situation needs addressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014The food is great and the service is excellent. My one complaint is the parking situation. For what you spend on dinner, I think the hotel should offer free parking or at least a discount on parking. Paying $20 to park to spend $200 at the restaurant is not appealing to me. I would be remiss to return because of that when so many downtown restaurants offer free or discounted valet parking.Special Features:
- Habitatwas2000Dined on 10/11/2014Excellent food prep. Service for our group of six was outstanding. Only negative - the bourbon drink I ordered did seem to be mostly ice.Special Features:
- So amazing!Nat0484Dined on 10/10/2014Everytime I bring a friend to Habitat they are always blown away by the exceptional service (our waiter Phil was amazing!) and the accommodating menu (good for vegans and those with other dietary restrictions) as well as the creative and delicious dishes. The pumpkin soup was the best soup I've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for pre-show dinnerjt55Dined on 10/10/2014Very good food, excellent service, convenient parking, and a quick walk to the Cultural District theaters.Special Features:
- Unique menu selectionsYummyDined on 10/10/2014The choices from appetizers to main courses to sides and desserts made it difficult to make a selection. We loved the fact that the beef and other items were from local farms. The martinis were excellent as well.Special Features:
- Cassoulet Ole!!!SwenseVIPDined on 10/9/2014Red snapper served over cannelloni bean cassoulet with andouille sausage. Stupendous. Fresh grilled asparagus as a side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usual!DonVDined on 10/8/2014We love Habitat! It is great before a show and the food is always delicious. The service is impeccable. Raj, our server, was the best!Special Features:
- lunch for four at habitatbarneyDined on 10/8/2014we enjoyed our lunch very much from the valets to the server everyone was very pleasant. The food presentation and taste were excellent. Nice quiet atmosphere to have lunch and still be able to have a conversation. We will be looking forward to coming back in the future.Special Features:
- fabulous foodtexastravellerDined on 10/5/2014Fabulous food, really lovely waiter, a fantastic find in Pittsburgh.Special Features:
- Upscale DiningangeatsoutDined on 10/5/2014Lovely presentation, food was very good, local or sustainable foods are their signature. Very modern architecture, with artistic flair. Has a gallery look. Felt luxurious in a way. Quite expensive. Preparation was unique, not your regular fare.Special Features:
- "Sea" for yourselfSwenseVIPDined on 10/2/2014For this business dinner both of us chose the beet salad as an appetizer and the lobster as a main course. Suffice it to say that all plates were completely empty after each course. Deelishiissss!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Foor and PresentationBobFromAccountingDined on 9/30/2014Habitat is always a favorite of mine. Just made reservations to go for my third time. The food is delicious and well presented. My date and I couldn't wait to see the food much less taste. The staff is excellent, compassionate, and thorough. It is a delight to dine at Habitat.Special Features:
- Excellent ServicesleighDined on 9/28/2014We went to Habitat before a matinee at Heinz Hall, so we were on a tight schedule. One of our party opted for the brunch buffet, which turned out to be an excellent option, with a wide variety of choices. Our server also told us, if there was anything we didn't see at the buffet but wanted, we only had to ask. Two others in our party opted to order off the menu, one of whom is extremely picky. She was pleased with her lunch and we all found the food quality to be exceptional. The most outstanding feature of Habitat, however, was our incredible server. She was warm, thoughtful, and attentive. Overall, I would give Habitat high marks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Downtown OptionJustafoodieDined on 9/27/2014First - our server, Raj, was great. He was attentive, but not bothersome and he had excellent suggestions. We ordered the dishes he recommended and loved them. He also pointed out which things were large and therefore best shared. We wanted to be relatively quick because we were going to see a musical, and the service easily accommodated us. we will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ingredients, tasty food, $$$$$DukeMateoDined on 9/27/2014Thought we'd try a hotel-based restaurant near the theatre district. Habitat did not disappoint. Excellent service combined with wonderful presentation and top notch ingredients made this just the ticket for date night/dinner and a show. We had modest portions to be sure but the appetizers were exquisite and the mains of halibut and duck (always tough to get right - slight pun intended) were first class. Our only regret was that we didn't have time for dessert. Be aware though that if you add a nice wine you'll be north of $100 each for the experincene.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Food in PittsburghKfromPADined on 9/25/2014For special occasions my friend and I love to dine at Habitat. The food is locally grown, the menu is seasonal, and the dishes are out of this world! If you go this fall, make sure to try the potato and leek soup, which was our favorite part of our meal during our recent visit. I'm already looking forward to our next dinner there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!PrefersNotToCookDined on 9/24/2014Habitat was a fantastic dinner celebration for my parents anniversary. We had asked for a table near the kitchen since it's fun to watch all the food prep. Nathaniel was a great server. The food is delicious, creative, and presented beautifully.Special Features:
- PleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/24/2014Enjoyed the food very much. I found the service to be a bit slow, particularly when there was hardly anyone in the restaurant, which I did not understand.
- best service everHost25Dined on 9/22/2014Dined for a late birthday celebration and Phil N was our server. He was AMAZING, the birthday girl loved him. And the food was delicious paired with a nice bottle of wine and a an unforgettable dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.