148 East Market Street
New Albany, IN 47150Neighborhood:
New Albany, IN
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.habanabluestapasrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8129449760
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Thursday: 11:00AM - 2:30PM, Friday: 11:00AM - 4:00PM, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00PM - 4:00PM
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00PM - 9:00PM, Friday: 4:00PM - 10:00PM, Saturday - Sunday: 4:00PM - 8:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Rafael Hernandez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Call us so we can discuss!
- Private Party Facilities: Our front room has a capacity of 30 people while we have a big room with a capacity of 70 peopl. We also have a private bar, lounge and a private patio with a capacity of 50 people.
- Private Party Contact: Leo Lopez 5024195114
A word from Habana Blues
Experience the excitement of tapas without needing your passport at Habana Blues, an upscale Cuban style restaurant. Enjoy authentically prepared and presented tapas cuisine in styles from Cuba, Spain and from all around the world, all in a setting that marries the legendary Cuba of yesteryear with the mystery of Cuba today.Continued
Since our opening in 2010, we have been consistently recognized as one of the best places in Louisville and southern Indiana.
Since our opening in 2010, we have been consistently recognized as one of the best places in Louisville and southern Indiana.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Habana Blues reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (6)great for outdoor dining (6)neighborhood gem (6)good for groups (3)great for lunch (3)romantic (3)special occasion (2)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- just like my mom makesmariaVIPDined on 8/19/2014it was a taste of home. the meat empanadas were good, just the right seasoning. the frita, while larger than a traditional one that i remember as a child, was very good.Special Features:
- Truly island food!!BruceDined on 8/7/2014I spend a lot of time in the Islands for business and I wanted to take my nephew to a place that had authentic Island food and Habana Blues delivered. Not only was the food great the outdoors dining is so like the Islands were restaurants focus on the food and not the aesthetics. The portions are larger than the Islands but spot on in taste.. Good luck on your new location!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable eveningDiningOutDined on 7/3/2014Seated promptly. Wife and I dined outside, which was in an enclosed courtyard. We could have been in a different country, for all we new. Very pleasant. Fairly attentive service. Mind-boggling assortment of menu choices. We were somewhat unfamiliar with the cuisine, so we plan on going back to explore some more!Special Features:
- excellent foodbrisaDined on 6/15/2014We ordered several tapas and all were delicious. Two of us had the grilled grouper entree and one ordered the mussels in a delicious tomato based broth. All were excellent. We Sat outside in the lovely courtyard next to the fountain.we will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was disappointedMelOnWheelsVIPDined on 6/6/2014Wait staff more interested in whatever was going on back in the kitchen than in us. Food was good, but there are restaurants just as good on the Louisville side, even better.
- Consistently Greatyeaster45Dined on 6/4/2014Habana Blues is a step back to a Havana of another time; of romance, wild colors, and great tasting food from tapas to full entrees. The service will be attentive and cheerful, but not intrusive. If questions on the menu, ask; or order anything. Nothing will be a disappointment.Special Features:
- The following 53 reviews are from the Habana Blues reviews archive.
- Geat food after the Derbylwalk01Dined on 5/2/2014We were in town for Derby weekend, and luckily got reservations here. Great tapas, great sandwiches and salads....everything was very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good foodMattDined on 5/2/2014Ordered too much n didn't have enough room for paella. This is the second time we had eaten here and after Kentucky Oaks so crowded but service was quick and food still good. Some of what we ate was tuna tartar, ceviche, trio hummus, queso fundido, empanadas, patatas bravasSpecial Features:
- Tapas & Dinner TreatsTomcat88VIPDined on 4/30/2014Probably our fifth time to Habana Blues and we enjoyed it just as much this time as the previous visits. The relaxed atmosphere is good for small groups of friends to try an array of special tastes. Just love their pork soup and starters here. One of us always orders the larger portion of short ribs as an entree....and did again this time around. This time we added the grouper and pork tacos, plus the lamb and carnitas to share. Just a great time and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent tapas in New AlbanyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/20/2014Food and service were excellent. Prices are on the high side, but the quality still makes it a good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food...even better serviceROOBYDined on 3/29/2014My friend and I came to drink and dine. We wanted to sit for a few hours and catch up while trying out a new restaurant. We each had a margarita. I had a cucumber and my friend had a cucumber jalapeno. Both were different than your average fare. Tasty and refreshing. Our server was very attentive, yet not overbearing. Made sure that we had everything that we needed and gave us lots of helpful suggestions with the menu. All of the food was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved our ExperiencehflevVIPDined on 3/22/2014We had a wonderful dining experience. All of the food was terrific. The waiter was delighful. Something for everyone on the menu. Would highly recommendSpecial Features:
- First time thereReggieDined on 3/15/2014This was our first time dining at Habana Blues and we really enjoyed it! Having never been there before, the waiter was especially helpful and the food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas Supreme!Tomcat88VIPDined on 2/26/2014Our group on 4 had a bit of everything and enjoyed it all....really appreciate that just about all the items aree made to order and very flavorable. The 3 Hummus varieties were a good starter dish, along with lobster bites and shrimp ceviche. We shared filet, lamb and short-ribs too..Special Features:
- Great Place to go with friendscheezDined on 2/15/2014Our server Ulysses was great. Food was good but did not seem as fresh as it's been in the past. Had requested a more private table in a corner or perimeter of the room since my wife and I rarely get a date night. We were sat next to a table of 12 or more with a bunch of children. It didn't bother us because we're used to it but would have appreciated a more intimate table that evening especially since I requested it. Overall experience was good however and I always enjoy eating there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not recommendMC502Dined on 2/14/2014Menu was restricted due to it being Valentine's Day. Wasn't made aware of this when making the reservation nor was it mentioned on their website. Dinner included 4 courses. Salads were decent but nothing special. The appetizers consisted of scallops and a shrimp ceviche dish. The ceviche was actually pretty good, the scallops on other hand were mushy and not particularly flavorful. For the main course we opted for the lamb chops and the mahi mahi. Both were extremely over cooked to the point they were tough to chew, on top of that the lamb tasted basically like propane. Dessert consisted of a chocolate cake like dish that was pretty good and a banana bread that was burnt. Will not being go back to this place.
- Great New Tastes in New Albany!!Tomcat88VIPDined on 1/26/2014As a party of four we could not have been more satisfied and surprised with "Habana Blues"....just loved it. A chance to get so many special tastes of different foods in the smaller or larger portion sizes you want makes it easy to try many dishes. We all shared two or three items and had a chance to enjoy everything we ordered. Service was super in a relaxed atmosphere right off Market St with easy parking. Have to try a few more cocktails next time there!! We will be back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's Eve 2013RSDerbyDined on 12/31/2013Greeted upon entering but found out they did not have our reservation that had been made. They were able to seat us thank goodness. Service was very good including management coming by to make sure everything was good. Music was a nice touch by the one man guitar/singer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good... Very attentiveScubalgDined on 12/31/2013Always good... Very attentive staff and music was good. I've never had a bad experience there. Great for the southern in folks when not in the mood to cross the bridge!Special Features:
- Great food, service, valuesonof60sVIPDined on 11/23/2013We were in New Albany for the evening and knew we'd have to try Habana Blues--we love Cuban food. We were pleased beyond words. The servers are polite and attentive, and the cocktails were very good. We ordered several tapas; some were better than others, but they were all good. I can't remember the name of the soup we had but it was outstanding. I wish we lived closer so we could go more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ms.Alversonlsalverson9Dined on 11/1/2013Great cubam and spanish food. Better that Habanna Rumba, but no better than Mojitos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Reason to go to New AlbanyAnita2020Dined on 10/18/2013What a fantastic find in New Albany. My sister lives near by and my husband and I were visiting from the San Francisco Ban Area. If we had this restaurant in our town we would definitely go once a week. Unique Cuban/Spanish style menu with delicious cocktails. Wine was good too. We had the cheese/sausage/olives/bread appetizer that was fabulous. Could have made a meal just on that. We were there on a Friday night and they had live music with a Spanish guitar player. There is also a beautiful patio outback with fountain, although it was too cold to sit there. In better weather it is probably lovely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Court YardGigiDined on 10/1/2013I loved the new courtyard outdoor dining, my first time there was a great experience, will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food,atmosphere in courtyardHamlitDined on 9/6/2013We have been there numerous times. My wife usually gets tapas and I get a sandwich usually. The service this visit was exceptionally good as our server had an assistant that brought the food, and it was fast. We ate outside on the courtyard. They have a fountain, so that made for a nice atmosphere. The courtyard kind of made me feel like I was at a restaurant I used to visit when I lived in NY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Habana BluespattiDined on 8/18/2013Everything we ordered was very good, especially the champinones (mushrooms). The service was attentive but not intrusive. Besides the mushrooms, we also had the albondigas, the empanadas (one chicken, one beef), the datiles rellenos, and the sesame tuna. Attractive plating of the dates and tuna, in particular. All that plus 2 alcoholic beverages and tip was less than $65. We ate on the patio which isn't pretty at all but the weather was very pleasant that day. The inside is much more attractive. They could easily make the patio more attractive by picking up paper, getting rid of weeds, adding flowers to the wall, replacing torn table umbrellas, etc. But the food is very good and that is why we went there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have eaten there twice anddineoutDined on 8/11/2013Have eaten there twice and food always spectacular! Obviously "chef" level. But service has ranged from OK to poor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but......BrentDined on 8/8/2013Food was excellent. Reminiscent of Mojito's but not as good. Our waiter only came to our table after the manager brought our food and drinks. Weird but maybe that's how they do it. Dead on a Thursday night, but great drink specials for the ladies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat visit. Food didn'tChuckFinleyVIPDined on 6/7/2013Repeat visit. Food didn't disappoint. All new guests had a great time.Special Features:
- Good Food, Very Quiet AtmosphereJordanDined on 5/4/2013I heard the drinks here were really good, just very quiet. More people should give it a try! The prices were very reasonable.Special Features:
- Great find, fabulous experienceChuckFinleyVIPDined on 4/27/2013We found the restaurant via open table. They were ready for us as soon as we walked in. The ambiance was great, colorful and happy music. The staff were friendly and accessible. The food was excellent, particularly the Wellington. Hated to leave the last bite. We spoke to the owner after our meal to give our $.02. He was very kind and knowledgeable. A new favorite to visit whenever in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentShireDined on 4/15/2013Food, cocktails, and service were excellent -- as always!Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)JimSmithDined on 3/9/2013My wife and I returned to Habana Blues for the third time this past weekend. We always have a great time there and are always treated well by the staff. The food service is attentive and prompt. All of the tapas that we ordered arrived quickly, hot, and tasting great. All this at a reasonable price. What more could we ask for?Special Features:
- DisappointedHoosierMamaVIPDined on 2/16/2013We were appreciative that the restaurant was able to be flexible with our reservations because we had babysitter issues. That should have been a tip on a Saturday night. The waitress forgot to order two of the tapas items that we requested, which was fine because the food wasn't that great. One of our dining companions as convinced that her margarita was flavored with Sprite. The mariachi music was ineasantly loud and the temperature of the restaurant was very cold. We won't go back. Had to go to Havana Rumba the next day to fulfill our Cuban craving and it was awesome as usual. Should have not strayed from what we know to be good.
- hope to returnboopDined on 2/14/2013We went for Valentine's dinner after Valla Ann at the Admiral Bicknell B&B recommended we make reservations at Habana Blues. The tuna ceviche with watermelon was outstanding. The side dish of mushroom risotto was so good - I could just have had that for dinner! I had fish along with the risotto, and some asparagus. My husband had the duck with the mushroom risotto, and said it was excellent. The margaritas were also good. There was no bread served with our meal, and that would have been nice. The food was high class in a setting that was not so expensive. Our waiter was a bit harried, but it was Valentine's dinner, and he had a lot of tables to attend. We will return here for sure when we are back in this area.Special Features:
- Honestly, nothing special.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/2/2013Honestly, nothing special. I have been to much better tapas bars/restaurants... Would not recommend this....
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/9/2013This place was awesome. So many creative dishes to share or eat yourself should you choose. The original cocktails they had were made deliciously. Would go again with a big group of people or just myself and a friend.Special Features:
- Food and service were great.Steve2555Dined on 12/22/2012Food and service were great. Love the Cuban guitar music on weekends!Special Features:
- It was my birthday, and thereforeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2012It was my birthday, and therefore my choice of restaurant. I live in Louisville, and I was visiting family in Southern Indiana, so I had no idea where to go. I looked through Open Table to see what was nearby. I'm a big fan of Mojito and Havana Rumba's two locations in Louisville, so I felt like I was being unfaithful, but I chose Habana Blues. My sister and mother both said they'd heard good things about it, so off we went, after making a last minute reservation. I am SO glad we did! It was, bar none, the best large group dining I've experienced (7 adults, 4 kids ages 7-11, and an 18 month old). The atmosphere was great, the service was outstanding, the live music was excellent, and the food was amazing and priced fairly.Special Features:
- Typically, this type of foodHalWeenVIPDined on 10/26/2012Typically, this type of food is not something I would choose on my own. My husband picked this as a surprise and after much perusing of the menu to find something in my taste range, I chose a delicious sandwich with pork, ham, cheese, mustard, and pickles on Cuban bread. If you do not know what Cuban bread is (I did not) you MUST get it. It was fabulous! Service was great, food was delicious, and no long wait. Would definitely try this again.Special Features:
- The dates are a must and allOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2012The dates are a must and all the food was good! We ordered mult. plates of them. Had a blast and the staff were all nice.Special Features: