H5O bistro & bar
50 SW Morrison Street
Portland, OR 97204Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
H5O bistro & bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.h5obistro.com/
- Phone: 5034841415x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Monday - Friday 6:30 - 11:00 AM Friday and Saturday 7 AM-noon
Lunch: Closed for season
Dinner Daily 5 - 9 PM
Daily: 4 – 6:30 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ron Baker
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Hotel Fifty's Columbia Room accommodates up to 60 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Jayde Zumwalt 5034841415x
- Special Events: To check private dining room availability for your special event, contact Jayde Zumwalt, Food & Beverage Manager at 503-484-1415. Or eMail her at firstname.lastname@example.org. H5O's private dining room accommodates up to 8 guests. The bar accommodates up to 25 guests.
- Cross Street: Naito Parkway
- Public Transit: Max Light Rail is easily accessible...within steps of Hotel Fifty's entrance.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Hotel Fifty offers valet parking! Visitors to H5O bistro & bar enjoy FREE Valet covered parking for up to two hours. Attendants are on duty from 5 AM to 11 PM daily, or longer based on goings-on at Hotel Fifty. Available parking in downtown Portland is a rare find. Covered parking is unheard of. And FREE Valet covered parking for diners is, well non-existent. In other words, this is a BIG deal.
A word from H5O bistro & bar
H5O Bistro & Bar is Hotel Rose's restaurant that delivers fresh, expertly-presented contemporary, urban food and beverages…in small plate or traditional portion sizes. A favorite among downtown Portland restaurants, this is a venue where diners may enjoy either a romantic evening or a quick bite on the way to another destination.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
H5O bistro & bar reviews from OpenTable diners
- Worth a try if not in a hurry.LunchbunchDined on 12/18/2013The food was great. Loved the tomato soup! Good location. Enjoy the private dining room for our chatty group. The service was just okay. Made online reservations, yet they had to set our table upon arrival. Slow service wasn't much of an issue since we were celebrating the holidays. Will try again - giving them the benefit of the doubt on their lack of preparedness for group lunches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service was lackingErikDined on 12/8/2013Stayed at the hotel and ate breakfast on a Sunday. Service was very slow and it was hard to get a refill on my coffee. Food was average but nothing special.
- Good food, nice atmosphereYummoDined on 11/6/2013I have been here a few times for breakfast and loved it so I decided to try happy hour the other night. I was stuck in traffic and was scheduled to arrive at 5:30 but ended up sitting at a table at 5:50, just in the nick of time! Although when the waiter came to my table at 5:52, I was ready to order but he said happy hour just ended, to which I replied no, it's not 6pm yet. I was already frustrated from traffic, and I was so excited to make it in time for happy hour, that when he said that I was annoyed. After I said happy hour wasn't over yet though, he allowed me to make my order (soup and fries) and I was very glad I was still able to enjoy my meal! Overall, it was delish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice and quietOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/2/2013We stayed at Hotel Rose for the weekend and ate dinner and breakfast. Great food, friendly service and nice view of the park and river. We will stay here and definitely eat here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I so wanted to love this placeEOAmericaDined on 10/12/2013I'd been here once before and enjoyed the food, so I was looking forward to trying it again. The appetizer list sounds mouthwatering. We started wtih the meatball to share and it was delicious. I then ordered the kimchi brussels sprouts--my mistake. They were good, but an entire plate of kimchi is overwhelming. For my entree, I asked the server which he preferred, the squid ink risotto with salmon or the ramen with duck. He suggested the risotto but one of my dining companions wanted to order that, so I ordered the ramen. Again, my mistake. The noodles were undercooked and the dish had no flavor. I tried my friend's risotto, and, quite honestly, liked it less than the ramen. She thought the salmon was overcooked, but tasty.
- yumswvaDined on 10/4/2013great food, friendly & respectful servers; view of Mt. Hood; great place to dine solo when travelingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was so surprised - fantasticPortlandAllyDined on 10/3/2013I really didn't expect H50 to be so great. It was fantastic - from the food to the ambience. Hardly anyone was there. I don't think anyone knows about it. I hope it stays in business because it's my new favorite place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good view, friendly and accommodatiYpals26Dined on 9/17/2013Good view, friendly and accommodating wait staff, great place for a small corporate gathering, lots of natural light in the dining area is very nice. Love the food presentation. Many options to choose from.Special Features:
- Hello? Anybody here?OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2013I arrived on a Thursday evening about 8pm and we were the only one's there. Other places were packed. I did not bother to stay as that was telling.
- A Hidden GemDebBucVIPDined on 9/1/2013We weren't sure what to expect from this hotel restaurant but we were extremely pleased. We had a fabulous dinner while looking at a beautiful view of Mt Hood. The service was excellent. This was a great find and we would go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Foodie GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2013I have to say this is one of my favorite restaurants in Portland. The service is always amazing. I enjoy that the menu is always changing and it has what ever is fresh in season. The food is always beautifully plated. The cocktails are also delicious and very unique using different infusions and bitters. I really enjoy that this place also caters to my allergies of gluten and dairy. And the chef will also tweak items on the menu to accomadate my dietary restrictions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appt was not necessary after all.SmittyDined on 8/22/2013We were the first to be seated in the dining area so having a reservation was not necessary. Food and service were giood. Nice to look out at the waterfront.Special Features:
- Great place for group lunchShastamypuppyDined on 7/18/2013This restaurant has a great ambiance. They have a private dining room. Good for groups of 6-8 people. Loved the service and their dishes are really pretty. Has free private parking if dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breakfast with a viewanthromidgeDined on 7/13/2013H50 has a decent breakfast selection on their menu. There are some vegetarian options that are well worth a try as well. Sit by the window and enjoy the view of the Willamette. The lunch items are great as well (don't be afraid... try those brussel sprouts). With close proximity to downtown H50 is worth a try if its your first time. Prices are moderate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK food...SLOW kitchen/serviceronrDined on 7/4/2013Title says it all. This was one of the few restarunants open for July 4th dinner. I am all for a leisurely dinner but 3 hours for 3 courses is a bit much....even in PDX. And you only get 2 hours free valet so we had to pay an extra $4 because of bad service. It was 15 minutes before anyone even approached the table for a drink order. We wanted to order an appetizer while we were deciding on dinner but were told the entire dinner order had to be put at the same time. Really? I guess that would have been fine if the purpose was to have our courses timed perfectly. However, ultimately it was 30 minutes between each course. Too many other good places to eat in PDX. And to think we passed up Irving St Kitchen to try something new.
- Great all the way throughESketchierDined on 6/30/2013From pre-dinner drinks, through the appetizers and into dessert, everything was great. Food, service, table, everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining before theaterDrydocDined on 6/27/2013Unique table wear, above street view towards river. Presentation was excellent. Menu limited but what was available was great. Staff was sensitive to our theater schedule and provided service at a rate matching our schedule. We dined on a Thursday evening, so dining room was not full so can't comment on the sound level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice eveningwineyDined on 6/11/2013We have been to H50 several times and enjoyed every visit. The food is always delicious, inventive and nicely presented. Free downtown parking. The dining room has a very nice view of the Willamette River and the river walk. The restaurant is somewhat undiscovered, and on the week nights we have been there, it has been very quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strawberry Soup & Other DelightsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/9/2013My husband and I were vacationing in Portland and were intrigued by the Restaurant Month price fix menu featuring strawberry soup and whiskey mousse. We were not disappointed! We also had an amuse bouche featuring raw tuna, delicious cocktails, brisket, roast chicken with Moroccan spices, and the wonderful soup with pistachio garnish and the delicious dessert (also garnished with pistachios and banana chip.) Our waiter was terrific and we had a view of the Rose Parade floats and the river-front carnival. A short walk from the light rail stop! The bar was nice too - low price apps and good drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was fantastic! DrinksOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/6/2013Food was fantastic! Drinks were interesting and delicious - I recommend the Unrooted. We were there for dining month, but it would be a great happy hour place with a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!FoodieDined on 5/29/2013Read some bad reviews on this restaurant but had a living social voucher so had to go. Really glad I did. I thought everything was delicious from the appetizer to soup/ salad to the entree. The service was impeccable from start to finish! Have no idea what experience others had but we had nothing but good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden treatLuv2eatDined on 5/27/2013We went to dinner not knowing what to expect and we were pleasantly surprised. Everything was just perfect. We had absolutely flawless service! From the very beginning we enjoyed every bite of this perfectly prepared meal. It was so fresh tasting and flavorfull. We kept asking ourselves how come we haven't been here before and when are we coming back. I had the best steak! I look forward to returning to this hidden gem in our city. I will recommend h5o to my friends and family without hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- date nightfood42Dined on 5/24/2013we went there on a Living Social deal and it was fantastic good food good service very fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/22/2013Foods were excellent, Very well prepared, Beautiful presentation. Service is superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jason the waiter is alwaysluvbeerDined on 5/21/2013Jason the waiter is always very knowledgeable and attentive. The food for the prix fixed dinner was delicious. Good choices. We always enjoy this location for a dinner downtown.Special Features:
- Great!inthecouvDined on 5/19/2013Great food; great service; great ambiance! Enough said.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Food!catemmaDined on 5/18/2013My husband and I went here for our date night. The food was fresh seasonal NW cuisine. It was outstanding from the salad to the dessert. The wait staff were very efficient and accommodating. They also explained each dish thoroughly and the presentation was beautiful. We will definitely go back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, good food!LucyDDined on 5/17/2013Our waitress was fantastic. we came on a living social coupon and had a special menu. the beet salad was excellent. we had risotto and steak with bleu cheese potatoes- both were very good- very rich. the creme brulee was different and really good as well. Over all the meal was worth what we paid, the ambiance would be better at night- it is in a hotel, and I think if you were staying in the area, would be a great choice. I would come back here again and try HH and drinks next time- the bar looked fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow but great foodcromDined on 5/12/2013Took 2 1/2 h for the entire meal and we were there with the kids 8 and 11 yrs old. The food really was fantastic. Menu limited on options but quite well rounded. Probably a great place for a languishing date or prolonged business dinner.Special Features:
- Not what we expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 5/12/2013First, the food was decent, nothing bad to note, and staff was friendly. It just wasn't anything special or above the norm. When we got there, we were informed that they weren't serving lunch. Well, that was the reason we went there. We were informed that if we didn't want breakfast, it was OK if we left. Thought that was odd but we stayed. It was noon on Mother's Day. Were else could we just walk in. We stayed and ate. Nothing great, nothing horrible.
- Gem with a great viewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2013Great view right on the river, modern decor, great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/12/2013We had a great time. Our son got the steak and eggs and was in heaven. Mom got a mimosa and I had the best eggs benedict of my life. I am planning to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Underrated gemDeb49RoyVIPDined on 5/10/2013I can't for the life of me understand why this restaurant is such a well-kept secret. The food is terrific, as is the service, we had a great, large table at a big picture window overlooking the river and park. It is quiet, lovely ambience with lts of couches nad comfortable seating if you go there for drinks or to wait for someone, etc. A little pricey, but worth it~Special Features:
- There's more than you think...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/4/2013Most places you get what you pay for, but at H50 you get MORE than you pay for (or realize) when you order. Your entree will come with an amuse bouche (French for happy mouth) a small taste to tempt your palate. Then after dinner, whether you've ordered dessert, you will get another special sweet bite at the end. This is truly a surprise of a gem, and something that compliments the delicious cocktails, appetizers, entrees, and desserts.Special Features:
- We used our living socialgrandmafromtheburbsDined on 4/20/2013We used our living social coupon to try this restaurant and it was a terrific experience. The food was sublime and the service from the wait staff was excellent. We were there fairly early so it wasn't crowded but we enjoyed the quiet atmosphere. We ate an amazing meal while we watched the activity along the waterfront. We will certainly return and I would not hesitate to recommend this restauant.Special Features:
- I have a few different foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/18/2013I have a few different food allergies and this amazing creative chef altered the menu to meet my dietary needs. The food is always superb and is one of my favorite restaurants in Portland. The service staff are always attentive, friendly, and knowledgeable about the food on the menu. They also serve very creative tasty cocktails as well. The first time I went there the chef made a complete entree that was not on the menu for my vegan friend that was out of this world. I have highly recommended this place to my friends and family.Special Features:
- If you want a slow, relaxed meal...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/13/2013We ate on a Saturday evening. The food and service were very good. It was quiet and romantic. However, the entire meal, from sitting down to finishing dessert took a full two hours, and we only ordered an appetizer, entree and dessert. No drinks, no wine, no salad course and no extras. The night was extremely slow, so the kitchen certainly was not backed up. We were not in a hurry, but the wait times between courses, or to see a menu in the first place, were interminable.Special Features:
- Although the spot is so funChrisDelmonicosVIPDined on 4/7/2013Although the spot is so fun and trendy, the food was okay. The service was very slow and disorganized. Food was warm but not hot. Flavor was good. Room for improvement.Special Features:
- This was an excellent choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2013This was an excellent choice for Easter Brunch. Our family loved it! More modern selections than standard hotel type brunch buffets. The seafood was wonderful, I would like to have had standard seafood utensils available such as shell crackers and petit forks. The staff was attentive and friendly. It was a lovely sunny, spring day to have such a wonderful view of the waterfront. We will definitely return. Thank you!Special Features:
- Easter Weekend in PortlandOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013We enjoyed the Easter Brunch which was outstanding, the food was really quite amazing considering the cost, the seafood was very fresh, the meat offerings were very tender and flavorful, the breakfast offerings were delicious and the cakes decadently magnificent. The staff and servers were professional and unobtrusive. The bar was one of our favorites, friendly, helpful staff, good selection of drinks and incredible food offerings. Our whole experience was truly incredible. We look forward to our next stay. Well done H50 Bistro & Bar, you made our stay in Portland even more special.Special Features: