H3 Ranch at the Stockyards Hotel
109 East Exchange Ave.
Fort Worth, TX 76164Neighborhood:
Fort Worth Stockyards
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
H3 Ranch at the Stockyards Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://h3ranch.com/
- Phone: 8176241246
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Breakfast: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 12:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Terry Kearney
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: At the Stockyards Hotel, we're experts at making special events truly special. Our professional meeting planners and creative catering staff will bring the charm and elegance of the Old West to life for:
• Corporate meetings
• Board meetings
• Family reunions
• High school, college or fraternal reunions
• Holiday parties
• Rehearsal dinners
• Anniversary and engagement parties
• Bar and bat mitzvahs
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you"re planning an all-you-can-eat barbecue on the Marine Creek Terrace or your annual shareholders' meeting in our spacious Longhorn Room, we're ready to make your next occasion an unforgettable experience with a unique western flair. From audio/visual equipment to wedding cakes, our staff will handle it all. Need to make copies or send a fax? No problem! Looking for a limousine? Simply ask. Our meeting and special events facilities combine the best of both worlds: you'll find everything traditionally available at large hotels, but with one exception. At the Stockyards Hotel, we provide it all in a personal, one-of-a-kind setting that offers your group a distinctly different experience they'll remember long after your successful event has come and gone.
- Private Party Contact: Leah Roberts 817-869-4005
A word from H3 Ranch at the Stockyards Hotel
Named one of the best steakhouses in the Fort Worth/Dallas area, Hunter Brothers" H3 Ranch, Live Hickory Wood Grill offers a wide variety of steaks, rainbow trout, lip-smackin' ribs, chicken, spit-roasted pig and much more - all served with a smile in comfortable, casually upscale surroundings. Located at the corners of Main and Exchange streets in the heart of Ft. Worth's Historic Stockyards District, H3 Ranch serves lunch and dinner every day and breakfast on the weekends. Our spit-roasted pig, delicious steaks, prime rib and tasty ribs (served with H3's famous Lip Smackin' Sauce) keep folks coming back again and again. And our tastefully casual, fun western atmosphere and "FREE" valet parking make each visit a pleasure. Whether it's a business lunch or a big birthday celebration, our friendly staff is ready to make your H3 Ranch experience a special one. Come on inside and take the H3 tour and try a Taste of Texas!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
H3 Ranch at the Stockyards Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (38)good for groups (24)neighborhood gem (21)fit for foodies (21)hot spot (18)vibrant bar scene (17)great for lunch (14)kid-friendly (12)scenic view (10)romantic (7)notable wine list (6)great for brunch (5)late-night find (4)Show More
- Awesome place!doeneesDined on 9/19/2014It's hard to beat this place for the ambience. It's a great reflection of Fort Worth ... so much history. Really enjoyable part of town. H3 is always great food. And the service is awesome too. We made reservations and when we got there, there were about 25 people in line. When we told them we had a reservation, we were brought right in and they took us to our table. Awesome! We highly recommend H3.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Very patient waitress, top notch service. Food could scarcely have been better. Steaks were done to perfection, as were 2 other entrees. Queso (appetizer) was one of the best I've ever had. Will we come back when next in Ft Worth? You can bet your ranch on it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experience!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Heard about this place from a friend. Food and drinks were awesome!! Service was on point. Got there a little early so I don't know how busy it gets on a Wednesday evening. Will definitely go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loud but invitinghealthnutsDined on 9/13/2014Dinner was awesome, had the spit roasted pork with skillet potatoes it just melted in your mouth. For desert we had the mud ice cream cake which was worth all the calories!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for group dining.1GreatChoiceDined on 9/11/2014We were the host region for a training class, and recommended your establishment to our out-of-state colleagues. They all agreed that it was a great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014Only concern was having reservations at 8pm and did not sit down until 8:20pmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good food / Unique SettingDeweyDined on 8/31/2014We have been to H3 Ranch a few times over the years and the experience is consistent. Cool, energetic, loud Cowboy bar and restaurant with really tasty food, friendly service and a tourist's price tag - read: expensive ($8 for a basket of chips and salsa?). We would go back more often if the value was a bit more in line. It's still a uniquely fun place that is worth an occasional visit. Don't forget your reservation, you'll often wait an hour or more to get in if you do.Special Features:
- Summer GreatBrushpopperDined on 8/28/2014I took four friends to dinner on a Thursday evening. We were there before the crowds came which made our dining pleasure really great. The food everyone ordered was prepared exactly the way each wanted. The orders were timely, the food was hot, the drinks cold and the bread very tasty. The steaks were very tender and juicy.Special Features:
- Dinneragf1123Dined on 8/17/2014The smoked sirloin steak was amazing! It was well worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PaPaGDined on 8/15/2014Dined at H3 Ranch for the 3rd time on a recent visit to the Fort Worth Stockyards for a concert at Billy Bob's. As always, the food was very good and the frozen Margarita among the best I've ever had anywhere. We had the Mexicali, an 8oz. sirloin with two cheese enchiladas, and the cedar plank salmon. I ordered the steak Medium. It came out closer to rare, but, it was good enough that I didn't send it back. The cheese enchiladas were even better than the steak, believe it or not. The salmon was very good, just slightly overcooked for my taste. We had the peach cobbler for desert. It was okay, nothing to write home about. $80 even, including tip. Probably the best place to dine in the Stockyards, if you're okay with the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the bar, dining less so.MarkWraithDined on 8/12/2014Previous visits were better. You can sit in a saddle at the bar. Ordered a Side Car but they didn't know how to make one. Tried to charge me for a person not in my party. Champagne cocktails were good. Told our server of a Cilantro allergy but found it in the pico - food allergy suffers beware. I ordered the flaming sirloin and it came as ordered, thick and tender. The flaming sriloin is not flamed tableside and there is no hint of any extra flavor from flaming it in rum. The baked potato came pre-buttered with optional 'chives' (green onions), cheddar cheese, and sour cream - no bacon bits. Roasted Habenero pepers on the side, extreme heat for those who like them - suffering for the unaware. Air conditioning was too cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014I took my husband for his birthday and everything was absolutely amazing. Best birthday yet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super GoodJackManDined on 8/9/2014It's not cheap, but it is the kind of steak you dream of! The food was so great that our only disappointment was when we ordered chocolate cake for dessert, which was very mediocre. Otherwise, perfect.Special Features:
- Great Food as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/8/2014food is great and decent price loved the steak and wife had salmon that was greatSpecial Features:
- H3 is awesomeSeefoodDined on 8/1/2014The quality of the food is always off the charts. We had the catfish, smoked steak and prime rib. everything was perfect!Special Features:
- Never AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/28/2014The $59 sirloin was tough and undercooked. After speaking to the server, no attempts were made to correct the issue. Afterward, we called to speak to a manager and still have gotten no where! A return phone call was promised...still waiting.Special Features:
- Great service/low quality foodFortWorthFanDined on 7/25/2014Had great service! The server we had did an excellent job on taking care of us. Manager even did his job to correct the issues. However if your going charge premium steakhouse prices your food preperation should be flawless in regards to steak temps. Kitchen dropped the ball here.
- Food came out coldNs2brchDined on 7/18/2014The food was cold like it had been sitting there for 30 min. Meat was undercooked for what was asked for. Had been at H3 in the past and this time was disappointing.
- Good and reasonably pricedTrynewplacesDined on 7/18/2014Our food was pretty good. Our table ordered steaks, chicken fried steaks and the appetizer platter. The steaks lacked seasoning. The chicken fried steak was good but nothing different. The chicken and ribs were seasoned good. The drinks were ok, however the margaritas were pretty pricey and lacked alcohol. The blue margarita, I can't remember the name but it was supposed to have a coconut liquor, in particular. The spicy margarita was pretty good- again no alcohol.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Krisco57Dined on 7/14/2014First time there with a business lunch of 10 in our party. Service was great and the food perfect! Didn't have much time to venture around to notice anything else but the location is great. Feels like you have stepped back into the Old West!! We had a visitor from Pennsylvania with our group and she was highly impressed!!Special Features:
- Over cooked everything!SassyDined on 7/12/20146 out of 6 of our meals were over cooked by 20 minutes at least!!!! I'm not one to complain but it was terrible!!!! Don't get steak!!!
- Fabulous Experience!LindaDined on 7/11/2014I am so very glad that I chose this spot to share the experience of the Stockyards with a friend from out of town! From the moment we walked in and ordered drinks and chili con queso to the end of the meal of ribs (for him) and the smoked sirloin (for me) we were met with Great Service and FABULOUS food!! This was my first time, but certainly will not be my last!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Black Pepper Allergy AVOIDOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/7/2014Although the restaurant was in historical downtown Ft Worth Stockyards, this was not our finest dining experience. We went here for our 7th wedding anniversary dinner to try something on the upper end of steakhouses, well we were disappointed. My wife is highly allergic to black pepper, and although the waiter said he would advisethe cook staff, my wife had a reaction which ruined the rest of our evening. The food was ok and our waiter showedup when he felt like it.Special Features:
- Best mealTexasgirl56Dined on 7/5/2014Bar none, the Flaming Tenderloin was the best steak I've ever eaten. Ordered medium-was cooked to perfection and so tender, you could cut w/a fork. Just the right amount of seasoning. Out waiter, Tony, was very attentive, always seeing to whatever you requested. We highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Richardluvtoeat1953Dined on 6/28/2014Have been going to H3 Ranch for many years. Always good food, and the service is exceptional. They also have a good wine list to choose from. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:
- Saturday in the Stockyardswillnotbeback2dineDined on 6/28/2014We are senior citizens. I wanted to treat my wife, stepson, and his wife, to a nice Saturday afternoon dinner in the Stockyards. I reserved a table for 4 at 4:30. When we arrived we were escorted through an extremely noisy bar area to a small room at the end of the bar. I asked the hostess to seat us somewhere less noisy, preferably in the dining area. She seemed confused about what to do and walked off. I escorted my wife to the dining room and selected one of the many vacant tables for us to sit in. We were told that the tables were for reservations only. I explained that we had a reservation for 4:30 and it had been confirmed earlier that day.Special Features:
- foodryanDined on 6/27/2014After I sent my pork chop back 3 times due to being under cooked every one at my table was done eating befor I got my food back . I think I should have been compensated for some thing. If your going to cook pork make sure its cooked all the way through. It was good after i got it back for the third time but i had to put it in a togo box because everyone was done by the time i got it back .Not worth a 100 dollars for the meal in my opinion !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/25/2014This restaurant was on the cute corner of the stockyards old part of the town, and attached to the hotel. It had great atmosphere. The steaks were way over seasoned. The guacamole was good, the waiter prepped it table side. The shrimp we added to the steak was good. Being as we were at the stockyards, was hoping for a wonderful steak. Disapointed in that part, however over all was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2014We took my husband to H3 for the first time. The steaks were just what we wanted and cooked perfectly. We went for lunch, it was kind if noisy and had steady customer flow. Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fathers day celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014This was our first time trying H3, we enjoyed the food, service and the location, after lunch we walked the Fort Worth Stock yards. I thought it was a little pricey for what we had but I would go back for special occasions.Special Features:
- greatsteakaholicDined on 6/14/2014My Porterhouse steak was fantastic. We had a party of 10 and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bobbieDined on 6/14/2014We always have a wonderful meal at your restaurant..anytime we have out of town company your restaurant is the place we take them..always a Great meal , delicious, hot and we never wait a long time to be served. Everyone is friendly..Greatest Place in the Stock YardsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!Brandycam10Dined on 6/6/2014We have eaten here a few times and have NEVER been disappointed by the food or the service. We always walk out fat and happy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, warm beerMiloDined on 5/30/2014Kyle was a great waiter, very courteous and professional. Ordered the Ribeye medium, it was closer to medium rare but cooked perfect. It was tender and juicy with the right amount of fat. My only complaint was the draft beer wasn't cold. Order the bottle beer and use a glass, much better.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst steak everJustin122Dined on 5/30/2014I've had better steak at Waffle House, even the manger called it a gross hockey puck of a steak. Over cooked and not even flavorfulSpecial Features:
- The following 506 reviews are from the H3 Ranch at the Stockyards Hotel reviews archive.
- DinnerJagFlyerDined on 5/13/2014Great food and awesome area. Very safe and lots to walk around a see.Special Features:
- Wasn't all thatVitor01Dined on 5/11/2014Didn't not cook my steak right after sending it back 2 times, they sat us in a back room in the corner, we asked if we could be reseated & they said all the other tables were reserved, they finally agreed to move us, before we were about to leave, there were 8 tables open in main dining room.
- Great Mother's DayDinnerwithfriendsDined on 5/11/2014As always food was delicious service was awesome. However the valet attendants wrecked our pickup and now we are having to deal with that.Special Features:
- disappointeddisappointedDined on 5/9/2014me and my wife ordered a special that cost $82 are total bill came out to be 125. with that being said my steak was great however my wife had to throw her state back on the grill because they cannot get it right the first time this is something that I would Texas Roadhouse her favorite place. I was trying to persuade her that there's better steak houses out there but this one did let me down.Special Features:
- Cow town livingyummyplatesDined on 5/8/2014Good food and nice staff, atmosphere is what you would expect in Stockyards. Cowboys and cowgirls having a nice night on the town, in a old saloon style setting with clean and classic decor. Had a multi layer dip for appetizer and the filet wrapped in bacon, I liked the baked potatoe better than the diced style potatoes. Overall was very satisfied, nice place would recommend for a special night but would say not the most romantic restaurant. But what is romantic in cow town, that's why God made Cowboys.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.