H3 Ranch at the Stockyards Hotel
109 East Exchange Ave.
Fort Worth, TX 76164Neighborhood:
Fort Worth Stockyards
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
H3 Ranch at the Stockyards Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://h3ranch.com/
- Phone: (817) 624-1246
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Breakfast: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 12:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Terry Kearney
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: At the Stockyards Hotel, we're experts at making special events truly special. Our professional meeting planners and creative catering staff will bring the charm and elegance of the Old West to life for:
• Corporate meetings
• Board meetings
• Family reunions
• High school, college or fraternal reunions
• Holiday parties
• Rehearsal dinners
• Anniversary and engagement parties
• Bar and bat mitzvahs
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you"re planning an all-you-can-eat barbecue on the Marine Creek Terrace or your annual shareholders' meeting in our spacious Longhorn Room, we're ready to make your next occasion an unforgettable experience with a unique western flair. From audio/visual equipment to wedding cakes, our staff will handle it all. Need to make copies or send a fax? No problem! Looking for a limousine? Simply ask. Our meeting and special events facilities combine the best of both worlds: you'll find everything traditionally available at large hotels, but with one exception. At the Stockyards Hotel, we provide it all in a personal, one-of-a-kind setting that offers your group a distinctly different experience they'll remember long after your successful event has come and gone.
- Private Party Contact: Leah Roberts 817-869-4005
A word from H3 Ranch at the Stockyards Hotel
Named one of the best steakhouses in the Fort Worth/Dallas area, Hunter Brothers" H3 Ranch, Live Hickory Wood Grill offers a wide variety of steaks, rainbow trout, lip-smackin' ribs, chicken, spit-roasted pig and much more - all served with a smile in comfortable, casually upscale surroundings. Located at the corners of Main and Exchange streets in the heart of Ft. Worth's Historic Stockyards District, H3 Ranch serves lunch and dinner every day and breakfast on the weekends. Our spit-roasted pig, delicious steaks, prime rib and tasty ribs (served with H3's famous Lip Smackin' Sauce) keep folks coming back again and again. And our tastefully casual, fun western atmosphere and "FREE" valet parking make each visit a pleasure. Whether it's a business lunch or a big birthday celebration, our friendly staff is ready to make your H3 Ranch experience a special one. Come on inside and take the H3 tour and try a Taste of Texas!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
H3 Ranch at the Stockyards Hotel - Best Restaurants in Fort Worth Stockyards ›
H3 Ranch at the Stockyards Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (36)special occasion (35)fit for foodies (23)hot spot (21)vibrant bar scene (21)neighborhood gem (20)great for lunch (17)kid-friendly (12)scenic view (6)romantic (6)great for brunch (5)late-night find (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Food great. Took too long to be served our food.HUNGRYDined on 11/12/2014Our food was great and always is but there are times it takes excessively long to get our food. This date our order was turned in after a "large party", so it took forever. One of my kids fell asleep at the table it took so long. :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will go back!BpecosVIPDined on 11/9/2014A group of 5 went for brunch and all agreed this was definitely a restaurant we wanted to return! Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restuarant!JviewDined on 11/3/2014Food was delicious and service fantastic. Our waitress recommended outstanding entrees. The flaming tenderloin had great flavor and seemed to melt in your mouth!Special Features:
- Great bar areaSHERRYTXVIPDined on 10/26/2014Great experience all except the hostess. The first person to see the customers needs to be smiling bubbly and friendly. This brunette hostess was the opposite. I hate that tourists in the area will have to experience her because she is not friendly like Texans should be. Maybe she was hungover not sure. Seemed like she was not happy to be there. Bartenders were great and friendly! Bloody Mary was great and needed after seeing the hostess' sour scowling look. We chose to eat in the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaiterKickabooDined on 10/25/2014Tony was our server and was very helpful for recommendations and very accommodating. We will ask for him again in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Texan atmosphereHeadbrewerjimDined on 10/21/2014We had a brief stay at Stock yards to see some Texas history. It's a bit tourist glazed but still fun for a night. H3 was busy and vibrant with great food and beer. I expected the food to be good but the beer was a bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itJessicaDined on 10/18/2014Went for Anniversary!! Loved the Food! Will be back!Special Features:
- Excellent, Except for...WolfCreekWomanDined on 10/18/2014My daughter and I divided an 18-ounce bone-in rib steak. The steak was divided in the kitchen and brought on separate platters. Included in the price was a very good baked potato (enjoyed by my daughter) and a run-of-the-mill house salad. The bleu cheese dressing, however, was outstanding and made the iceberg lettuce palatable. Good sourdough bread (served with real butter) was piping hot. Sautéed mushrooms were well-seasoned and abundant. Overall, this was a very good meal, served appropriately hot (or cold) and a fairly good deal for the money. Now for the "excepts"...1. No Tanqueray No. Ten. available for martinis. 2. Hostesses were regularly moving chairs around the dining rooms. Suggest they buy more chairs! 3. It's darn noisy!Special Features:
- Steaks to Die Fordbl76Dined on 10/18/2014Went to H3 for a birthday dinner on the recommendation...didn't disappoint. The food was fabulous...from the made at tableside guacamole to the melt in your mouth steaks. Service was a little on the slow side...server was never in sight, but overall we loved H3 and will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food and serviceRichShipleyDined on 10/17/2014The food was unbelievable. The service was spot on! Drink was never empty. Had a reservation at 630 pm and walked right to the table when I got there, no waiting. My server took awesome care of us, couldn't have asked for a better server. Really made my 10th anniversary dinner special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak and serviceTravisthetexanDined on 10/8/2014Has superb rib-eye steaks, seasoning perfect and they cut like butter. Best steak ever...Good atmosphere and Stephanie, our server was very knowledgeable, fun and quite perfect. We eat next to the bar which added atmosphere and fun. The beers were quite superb. Overall a really great night out. Thanks H3 you are the best.Special Features:
- Hustle & Bustlemimicrosby814VIPDined on 10/4/2014This restaurant is always hopping with the bar packed at all times and the restaurant buzzing with tables filled with oversized plates filled to the hilt with yummy southern fried food. Delicious!Special Features:
- Fabulous foodJudyDined on 10/4/2014Our first visit, the steaks were tender and had a great seasoning. The margaritas were delicious. Our server was great, she helped us with the menu options. We will definitely return here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvFtWorthDined on 10/3/2014The best part was the location in the heart of the stockyards. It was definitely a happening spot but with reservations we were seated in minutes. The food was good but not great. The service was attentive and friendly but the bar was slow... our appetizers arrived before our drinks. I would go again for a special occasion if I had plans in the stockyards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatPlugDined on 9/26/2014Crowded Friday night. Our reservation was ready right on time. Service was attentive. Good was excellent. The smoked sirloin was amazing. The roast pig was excellent also. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodFoodie90Dined on 9/20/2014Every time I go to the Stockyards I always stop in and eat dinner at H3. Their food is fantastic and it never disappoints!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014You will not find a better Rib-eye. A must for any trip to the Ft Worth StockyardsSpecial Features:
- Awesome place!doeneesDined on 9/19/2014It's hard to beat this place for the ambience. It's a great reflection of Fort Worth ... so much history. Really enjoyable part of town. H3 is always great food. And the service is awesome too. We made reservations and when we got there, there were about 25 people in line. When we told them we had a reservation, we were brought right in and they took us to our table. Awesome! We highly recommend H3.Special Features:
- texasbobDined on 9/17/2014Very patient waitress, top notch service. Food could scarcely have been better. Steaks were done to perfection, as were 2 other entrees. Queso (appetizer) was one of the best I've ever had. Will we come back when next in Ft Worth? You can bet your ranch on it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experience!!ACB88Dined on 9/17/2014Heard about this place from a friend. Food and drinks were awesome!! Service was on point. Got there a little early so I don't know how busy it gets on a Wednesday evening. Will definitely go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loud but invitinghealthnutsDined on 9/13/2014Dinner was awesome, had the spit roasted pork with skillet potatoes it just melted in your mouth. For desert we had the mud ice cream cake which was worth all the calories!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for group dining.1GreatChoiceDined on 9/11/2014We were the host region for a training class, and recommended your establishment to our out-of-state colleagues. They all agreed that it was a great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014Only concern was having reservations at 8pm and did not sit down until 8:20pmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good food / Unique SettingDeweyDined on 8/31/2014We have been to H3 Ranch a few times over the years and the experience is consistent. Cool, energetic, loud Cowboy bar and restaurant with really tasty food, friendly service and a tourist's price tag - read: expensive ($8 for a basket of chips and salsa?). We would go back more often if the value was a bit more in line. It's still a uniquely fun place that is worth an occasional visit. Don't forget your reservation, you'll often wait an hour or more to get in if you do.Special Features:
- Summer GreatBrushpopperDined on 8/28/2014I took four friends to dinner on a Thursday evening. We were there before the crowds came which made our dining pleasure really great. The food everyone ordered was prepared exactly the way each wanted. The orders were timely, the food was hot, the drinks cold and the bread very tasty. The steaks were very tender and juicy.Special Features:
- Dinneragf1123Dined on 8/17/2014The smoked sirloin steak was amazing! It was well worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PaPaGDined on 8/15/2014Dined at H3 Ranch for the 3rd time on a recent visit to the Fort Worth Stockyards for a concert at Billy Bob's. As always, the food was very good and the frozen Margarita among the best I've ever had anywhere. We had the Mexicali, an 8oz. sirloin with two cheese enchiladas, and the cedar plank salmon. I ordered the steak Medium. It came out closer to rare, but, it was good enough that I didn't send it back. The cheese enchiladas were even better than the steak, believe it or not. The salmon was very good, just slightly overcooked for my taste. We had the peach cobbler for desert. It was okay, nothing to write home about. $80 even, including tip. Probably the best place to dine in the Stockyards, if you're okay with the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the bar, dining less so.MarkWraithDined on 8/12/2014Previous visits were better. You can sit in a saddle at the bar. Ordered a Side Car but they didn't know how to make one. Tried to charge me for a person not in my party. Champagne cocktails were good. Told our server of a Cilantro allergy but found it in the pico - food allergy suffers beware. I ordered the flaming sirloin and it came as ordered, thick and tender. The flaming sriloin is not flamed tableside and there is no hint of any extra flavor from flaming it in rum. The baked potato came pre-buttered with optional 'chives' (green onions), cheddar cheese, and sour cream - no bacon bits. Roasted Habenero pepers on the side, extreme heat for those who like them - suffering for the unaware. Air conditioning was too cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014I took my husband for his birthday and everything was absolutely amazing. Best birthday yet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super GoodJackManDined on 8/9/2014It's not cheap, but it is the kind of steak you dream of! The food was so great that our only disappointment was when we ordered chocolate cake for dessert, which was very mediocre. Otherwise, perfect.Special Features:
- Great Food as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/8/2014food is great and decent price loved the steak and wife had salmon that was greatSpecial Features:
- H3 is awesomeSeefoodDined on 8/1/2014The quality of the food is always off the charts. We had the catfish, smoked steak and prime rib. everything was perfect!Special Features:
- Never AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/28/2014The $59 sirloin was tough and undercooked. After speaking to the server, no attempts were made to correct the issue. Afterward, we called to speak to a manager and still have gotten no where! A return phone call was promised...still waiting.Special Features:
- The following 526 reviews are from the H3 Ranch at the Stockyards Hotel reviews archive.
- Great service/low quality foodFortWorthFanDined on 7/25/2014Had great service! The server we had did an excellent job on taking care of us. Manager even did his job to correct the issues. However if your going charge premium steakhouse prices your food preperation should be flawless in regards to steak temps. Kitchen dropped the ball here.
- Food came out coldNs2brchDined on 7/18/2014The food was cold like it had been sitting there for 30 min. Meat was undercooked for what was asked for. Had been at H3 in the past and this time was disappointing.
- Good and reasonably pricedTrynewplacesDined on 7/18/2014Our food was pretty good. Our table ordered steaks, chicken fried steaks and the appetizer platter. The steaks lacked seasoning. The chicken fried steak was good but nothing different. The chicken and ribs were seasoned good. The drinks were ok, however the margaritas were pretty pricey and lacked alcohol. The blue margarita, I can't remember the name but it was supposed to have a coconut liquor, in particular. The spicy margarita was pretty good- again no alcohol.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Krisco57Dined on 7/14/2014First time there with a business lunch of 10 in our party. Service was great and the food perfect! Didn't have much time to venture around to notice anything else but the location is great. Feels like you have stepped back into the Old West!! We had a visitor from Pennsylvania with our group and she was highly impressed!!Special Features:
- Over cooked everything!SassyDined on 7/12/20146 out of 6 of our meals were over cooked by 20 minutes at least!!!! I'm not one to complain but it was terrible!!!! Don't get steak!!!
- Fabulous Experience!LindaDined on 7/11/2014I am so very glad that I chose this spot to share the experience of the Stockyards with a friend from out of town! From the moment we walked in and ordered drinks and chili con queso to the end of the meal of ribs (for him) and the smoked sirloin (for me) we were met with Great Service and FABULOUS food!! This was my first time, but certainly will not be my last!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Black Pepper Allergy AVOIDOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/7/2014Although the restaurant was in historical downtown Ft Worth Stockyards, this was not our finest dining experience. We went here for our 7th wedding anniversary dinner to try something on the upper end of steakhouses, well we were disappointed. My wife is highly allergic to black pepper, and although the waiter said he would advisethe cook staff, my wife had a reaction which ruined the rest of our evening. The food was ok and our waiter showedup when he felt like it.Special Features: