H2O: Seafood & Sushi
215 West Main Street
Smithtown, NY 11787Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
H2O: Seafood & Sushi
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://h2oseafoodsushi.com/
- Phone: (631) 361-6464
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Monday through Thursday 5:00pm until 10:00 pm, Friday and Saturday 5:00pm until 11:00pm. Sunday 3:00pm until 9:00pm. -Sushi Bar open same hours as Dining Room except Thursday open until 11:00pm, Friday and Saturday until midnight. -Lounge open until midnight Monday through Thursday, until 1:00am Friday and Saturday, Sundays until 11:00pm Happy hour Mon - Fri 4pm - 7pm. (Note: We are not open for lunch except for catered affairs)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Available. Please contact the restaurant for further details.
- Private Party Facilities: From the very essence of the ocean comes a dramatically different restaurant, inspired by the seafood of the world and infused by a spirit that is fresh, refreshing and totally modern.
- Entertainment: Happy Hour Monday through Friday, 4-7PM
- Special Events: Available. Please contact the restaurant for further details.
A word from H2O: Seafood & Sushi
Smithtown's newly renovated seafood restaurant is destined to become a favorite! Cleverly designed with an upscale New England feel, take a moment to admire the beautiful bar, relax in the dining room or dine from our sushi bar,"Ocean". H2O: Seafood & Sushi delivers a winner - a unique setting and great food and a lively bar with a wonderful wine cellar. Recently voted #1 Overall Seafood Restaurant in the New York Area on OpenTable. H2O: Seafood & Sushi is improving on an already very loyal following.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
H2O: Seafood & Sushi - Best Restaurants in Smithtown ›
H2O: Seafood & Sushi reviews from OpenTable diners
170 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (110)neighborhood gem (83)special occasion (81)good for groups (55)hot spot (51)vibrant bar scene (48)notable wine list (47)great for outdoor dining (42)romantic (35)kid-friendly (13)great for lunch (10)late-night find (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Always a good choiceLIbirderVIPDined on 11/23/2014We have been coming here for years and always look forward to our meal. Food is delicious and nicely presented, staff attentive. Lots of booths in the dining room so that even when the restaurant is very busy we can talk to each other. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Real GemFAJKDined on 11/15/2014Great Food, Wine, Service and Ambiance! The Complete Package. A Restaurant Gem on Long Island!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJimmyDined on 11/14/2014Cannot complain about one this everything was excellent my waiter Tristen was very attentive and gave very good suggestions the service overall was great as well as the food! Well worth it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food, A+ service and great atmosphere!VickyDined on 11/14/2014I recently went to H20 to over the weekend to celebrate a birthday and attend their restaurant week event that included a special price fixed menu, which was extremely reasonable, and had the option to include unlimited wine for $10 per person, such a great deal. The menu had excellent options for each of the three courses, that my party of 3 all loved each course as we all tried different combos -- everyone was MORE than satisfied with the food (the salmon entree was to die for!) along with the friendly and helpful service. The atmosphere is great too with nice decor and it had a very lively crowd on a friday night (you might want to make reservations). The coolest part of the night, was that the staff acknowledged our birthday girl (and spared her the embarrassing sing-a-long at some restaurants) and sent us home with a gift card to use towards dinner next time. Thank you H20 for a wonderful night, we'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant weekShelbootyDined on 11/9/2014You wont leave stuffed but you will leave happy because the food is great. Our waiter had an attitude and didn't smile once. Ambiance doesn't match the price of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- H20 Never dissapoints!FoodFlingsDined on 11/8/2014Recently went there again for LI Restaurant week. This place is just so creative, but not in an over-top way where the food becomes unappetizing. All menu selections are unique, not something you'd see anywhere else, and the seafood and sushi tastes notably fresh. For my entree, I had U8 shrimp , which was dusted in "Angry" flower and served with a millenium pan sauce; a perfect balance of spicy, citrusy, and sweet. These U8 shrimp were HUGE- like small lobster tails, and remarkably tender and cooked perfectly. The LIRW menu at h20 was much better than other comparable restaurants. The wine pairings were perfect and added to each course, the portions were perfectly sized, service was impeccable. Will be back again and again!Special Features:
- Definitely try itAniaRDined on 11/8/2014Tried it for a restaurant week for the first time. The pumpkin bread alone was delicious. Triple treat sushi was ok, not amazing but tasty. Had salmon as a main course and it was fine too. Dessert and vine pairing was great. Overall good experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overcooked and DisappointedDisappointedDined on 11/7/2014We order food from the Restaurant Week menu. Ok, let start off with the appetizer. Crab cake; good. Sushi; Good. The Branzino looked like a filet of sole from the bottom of my fiance boot . Branzino is a whole fish that is supposed to be filet in front of you, served with the head. The shrimp was extremely dry and over cooked. The beer list was just awful. Bar was cool. It was very loud while you ate. On a good note, the waitress we had was very friendly and helpful. Ive been going to this restaurant when it first open. The food was delicious and fresh. I have not been there in over 5years. I was extremely disappointedSpecial Features:
- we'll be backcowgirl1Dined on 11/6/2014we visited h2o on restaurant week. we hadn't been there in a while and now can't remember why not. the service was great and the food outstanding. we will return and bring friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great time at H2OHappyCustomerDined on 11/5/2014-Great service -Had a lot of fun on my date -Wines were delicious & so was the food -Would definitely recommend to others :)Special Features:
- Great from start to finishWestBabylonFoodieDined on 11/5/2014Not only did i really enjoy the food and ambiance, the service was outstanding. It started with the friendly valet service, accommodating bartender and terrific wait staff. I highly recomend the sushi and the branzino. It made a dinner with old friends, really special.Special Features:
- A Wednesday night must!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/5/2014You can not beat the service, quality of food, and price in Wednesday night. Their $40 3 course dinner with wine pairing is amazing! Get there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantArmandoDined on 11/3/2014i stumbled upon this restaurant in a Google search and after reading the reviews for it, we decided to go. Service was amazing, the food was even better off the restaurant week menu list. We would definitely recommend this to anyone else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slightly Above AveragestressfreecookDined on 11/2/2014The sushi rolls were rolled very loose and poorly, my boyfriend had a piece of bloodline in his sushi roll. The popovers were very dense, seams as if the batter was over beaten or not enough leavening was put into the batter. My boyfriends shrimp were over cooked and rubbery while my veggies under my steak were so charred they were black. I've eaten at H20 before and haven't had a terrible food experience quite like the one above but the food at times has been under seasoned and the taste certainly does not parallel the high prices.Special Features:
- Great SeafoodJVSeafoodLoverDined on 11/2/2014We went during Restaurant Week for our 21st Anniversary and the food and service was outstanding. Can't afford it but for a special occasion, it is worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- super foodYor5307Dined on 11/2/2014We were there for restaurant week. The food was excellent. Our meals were well prepared. The service was very good as well. Although probably because of Restaurant Week, it may have been a little rushed as we were in and out after three courses in just under than an hour. The only interesting we noticed was after the soup was served and taken away and before the entree was served, our server made a special trip to our table to pick up our unused packages of oysterettes. I thought that was interesting in that they don't even do that at our local diner. BOTTOM LINE- we will return and weven would recommend this restaurant with the cautionary note that it is expensive when there is no restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great as always!!RyeseedboyDined on 11/1/2014Food was great, service even better we had such a good time and would recommend this to anyone for sure, actually we always do!! ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good experienceluv2eatoutDined on 10/30/2014You can never be disappointed at H2O! The food is always fresh and hot and prepared perfectly.Special Features:
- Seafood gemSkierDined on 10/25/2014We have been eating at H2O for the past 8 years and are never disappointedSpecial Features:
- SwordfishDined on 10/25/2014The cheese cake was the worst that I ever experienced at any restaurant in over. 45 years!Special Features:
- wonderful serverH20fanDined on 10/22/2014Alexis was our server and she was outstanding. The food and wines were delicious. I a a frequent diner and introduced any friends to your restaurant. We particularly enjoy the Wednesday night wine dinner. It is always a pleasure to dine at your establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish in SmithtownHard2pleezDined on 10/18/2014Although the noise level was high.... My eating experience at H20 was fabulous. The staff was friendly and accommodating ( even the valets!) our server was knowledgable about the food and drink, and the atmosphere was inviting. Some items on the menu were a bit pricey for no reason (a grilled shrimp dinner with 5 large shrimp .....34 dollars?!) however was cooked to perfection as was everything else. A definite keeper!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingSnappsDined on 10/18/2014Of the four of us, nobody loved their dinners. We were expecting more and came away wanting.Special Features:
- Impressed!!Czar22Dined on 10/11/2014I just moved to long island and I must say, H2O really impressed me. I've heard really good things about it as well. I had the dragon sushi which I happen to not like because it was warm sushi (not the restaurants fault) the manager came right away to see if everything was okay and if I wanted to replace it with something else. I decided to get the rainbow sushi which is absolutely delicious and the manager got it done right away. Talk about rgrat customer service. I'm very please and do recommend this restaurant! P.S- Pineapple mojitos are amazing as well!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best service ever!momtropDined on 10/11/2014We've eaten here several times and always enjoy the food. Our server tonight was top-notch! Best service we've ever received in a restaurant. We'll definitely be back again. Whole branzini fish was a hit with everyone at our table tonight - the fish was delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SeafoodMrsCDined on 10/11/2014Long island has very few good seafood restaurants. This is one of them! The fish was fresh and beautifully prepared, our waiter was well informed and willing to accommodate. The only thing given how packed the place gets service was on the slow side. Will be going back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the prix fixe menuPerfectDined on 10/10/2014Enjoyed the Restaurant week menu with wine pairings for my husband's birthday. The bread was delicious. Enjoyed the sushi, fish and dessert. Great restaurant week deal. Will definitely go back here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business dinnerhidefkidDined on 10/9/2014We had a business dinner at H2O. It was restaurant week and the dining room was quite busy, though the service was still excellent. I was the local and the rest were from London, New Zealand and Texas. To a man, they really enjoyed the meal and the ambiance. One person did not eat fish and he had one of the steaks on the special menu and was thrilled with it. The rest of us had sushi as an appetizer and fish for the main. We were all pleased with our choices. It was a successful dinner!Special Features:
- DisappointingKitttyVIPDined on 10/9/2014We have been going here for years and we have noticed it has been going down hill but this last time definitely sealed the deal. The food is still pretty decent HOWEVER the drinks. It's horrendous! My margarita was water with salt on it. My husband ordered a watermelon martini that was also tasteless and he even tried a espresso martini, another disaster. We finally went with wine just to play it safe. For the amount of money that is spent that is just not acceptable.
- Great Place for FishSandiDined on 10/9/2014When I dine out I like to have food that I do not prepare at home. The fish at H2O is prepared wonderfully! The entire Restaurant Week menu was great, making choices difficult. It was delicious!Special Features:
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceCoopmacDined on 10/8/2014Once again we had another very enjoyable dining experience. Aside from the consistently delicious meals, one of the things that makes H2O special is the outstanding wait staff. They are very knowledgeable of not only the menu and special offerings, but the wines too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/7/2014always good! never a bad meal. the restaurant week menu was well worth the price, especially paired with wine!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014We took advantage of Smithtown Restaurant week. The menu choices were good and food and wine were delicious.Special Features:
- Appetizer and entree good but...KathDined on 10/5/2014The bread pudding dessert was bland and tasteless. The dessert spoiled an otherwise good dining experience. Too expensive to receive Costco-like dessert.
- h2osatinemullen1223Dined on 10/3/2014The service was great, did not feel rushed & the server knew the menu inside & out.Special Features:
- H20 no splashTea2VIPDined on 10/3/2014The manager made every effort to accomodate our tight schedule, and for this we have to thank her. The food was good, but not outstanding. The clam chowder with bacon is very tasty -- little clam, lots of corn and bacon flavor satisfying. The Montauk Roll is good, but mushy mixture of different seafood with spicy sauce. Texture not great -- only tuna has some body in this roll. The lobster wontons were reminiscent of pizza in texture -- too bready though tasty. The etouffée was a mélange of foods that failed to come together as one dish, but was a good entree. Overall, we were expecting too much of H20 which curiously enough lacks a water view unlike its sister restaurant Prime (on the water), whose food and view we prefer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieDined on 10/1/2014We went to H2O on a Wednesday night. We were excited about their Wed. Night Wine dinner but there was only one entree selection and it was for steak ... odd for a seafood restaurant. That was disappointing. However, our meal was good. The Salad with apples, walnuts and goat cheese was ordinary, as was the bronzino and grilled swordfish. Not as good as the last time we went - perhaps we made the wrong choices.Special Features:
- DeliciouseatoutalotDined on 9/28/2014We went to H2O for a Price Fix menu to try it. I was very surprised on the quality and nice size portions served. Apps and main dishes were wonderful. Dessert was bread pudding which was good for what it was but I would have like a few more choices in this course. Our server was wonderful as well as the assistants. My water glass was always full and even though it is a small thing it is one of the specific things I rate my experience by.Special Features:
- Delicious, as always!webbahbibzDined on 9/27/2014Great for fresh seafood and seasonal accompaniments. Never disappoints!Special Features:
- First Taste of Fall 2014dtacoDined on 9/26/2014We took advantage of the promotion for "First Taste of Fall" and were not disappointed. Making the reservation through Open Table was easy and seamless and our dinner was excellent. The marinated skirt steak was cooked and seasoned perfectly, the swordfish was as well and the scallops with pumpkin risotto was the talk of the table. The only drawback was there were only 3 scallops on the plate. Everyone enjoyed their meals thoroughly. Two of our group also added the "wine pairing", and the wines were very good and the amount poured was equivalent to what you would expect if just ordering a glass of wine. We had a great time, enjoyed everything and definitely recommend you give them a try.Special Features: