H2O: Seafood & Sushi
215 West Main Street
Smithtown, NY 11787Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
H2O: Seafood & Sushi
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://h2oseafoodsushi.com/
- Phone: 6313616464x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Monday through Thursday 5:00pm until 10:00 pm, Friday and Saturday 5:00pm until 11:00pm. Sunday 3:00pm until 9:00pm. -Sushi Bar open same hours as Dining Room except Thursday open until 11:00pm, Friday and Saturday until midnight. -Lounge open until midnight Monday through Thursday, until 1:00am Friday and Saturday, Sundays until 11:00pm Happy hour Mon - Fri 4pm - 7pm. (Note: We are not open for lunch except for catered affairs)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Available. Please contact the restaurant for further details.
- Private Party Facilities: From the very essence of the ocean comes a dramatically different restaurant, inspired by the seafood of the world and infused by a spirit that is fresh, refreshing and totally modern.
- Entertainment: Happy Hour Monday through Friday, 4-7PM
- Special Events: Available. Please contact the restaurant for further details.
A word from H2O: Seafood & Sushi
Smithtown's newly renovated seafood restaurant is destined to become a favorite! Cleverly designed with an upscale New England feel, take a moment to admire the beautiful bar, relax in the dining room or dine from our sushi bar,"Ocean". H2O: Seafood & Sushi delivers a winner - a unique setting and great food and a lively bar with a wonderful wine cellar. Recently voted #1 Overall Seafood Restaurant in the New York Area on OpenTable. H2O: Seafood & Sushi is improving on an already very loyal following.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
H2O: Seafood & Sushi - Best Restaurants in Smithtown ›
H2O: Seafood & Sushi reviews from OpenTable diners
169 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (105)neighborhood gem (78)special occasion (75)great for outdoor dining (53)good for groups (53)vibrant bar scene (52)notable wine list (44)hot spot (41)romantic (33)kid-friendly (13)great for lunch (9)late-night find (7)great for brunch (6)Show More
- Delish in SmithtownOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Although the noise level was high.... My eating experience at H20 was fabulous. The staff was friendly and accommodating ( even the valets!) our server was knowledgable about the food and drink, and the atmosphere was inviting. Some items on the menu were a bit pricey for no reason (a grilled shrimp dinner with 5 large shrimp .....34 dollars?!) however was cooked to perfection as was everything else. A definite keeper!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014Of the four of us, nobody loved their dinners. We were expecting more and came away wanting.Special Features:
- Impressed!!Czar22Dined on 10/11/2014I just moved to long island and I must say, H2O really impressed me. I've heard really good things about it as well. I had the dragon sushi which I happen to not like because it was warm sushi (not the restaurants fault) the manager came right away to see if everything was okay and if I wanted to replace it with something else. I decided to get the rainbow sushi which is absolutely delicious and the manager got it done right away. Talk about rgrat customer service. I'm very please and do recommend this restaurant! P.S- Pineapple mojitos are amazing as well!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best service ever!momtropDined on 10/11/2014We've eaten here several times and always enjoy the food. Our server tonight was top-notch! Best service we've ever received in a restaurant. We'll definitely be back again. Whole branzini fish was a hit with everyone at our table tonight - the fish was delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SeafoodMrsCDined on 10/11/2014Long island has very few good seafood restaurants. This is one of them! The fish was fresh and beautifully prepared, our waiter was well informed and willing to accommodate. The only thing given how packed the place gets service was on the slow side. Will be going back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the prix fixe menuPerfectDined on 10/10/2014Enjoyed the Restaurant week menu with wine pairings for my husband's birthday. The bread was delicious. Enjoyed the sushi, fish and dessert. Great restaurant week deal. Will definitely go back here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business dinnerhidefkidDined on 10/9/2014We had a business dinner at H2O. It was restaurant week and the dining room was quite busy, though the service was still excellent. I was the local and the rest were from London, New Zealand and Texas. To a man, they really enjoyed the meal and the ambiance. One person did not eat fish and he had one of the steaks on the special menu and was thrilled with it. The rest of us had sushi as an appetizer and fish for the main. We were all pleased with our choices. It was a successful dinner!Special Features:
- DisappointingKitttyVIPDined on 10/9/2014We have been going here for years and we have noticed it has been going down hill but this last time definitely sealed the deal. The food is still pretty decent HOWEVER the drinks. It's horrendous! My margarita was water with salt on it. My husband ordered a watermelon martini that was also tasteless and he even tried a espresso martini, another disaster. We finally went with wine just to play it safe. For the amount of money that is spent that is just not acceptable.
- Great Place for FishSandiDined on 10/9/2014When I dine out I like to have food that I do not prepare at home. The fish at H2O is prepared wonderfully! The entire Restaurant Week menu was great, making choices difficult. It was delicious!Special Features:
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceCoopmacDined on 10/8/2014Once again we had another very enjoyable dining experience. Aside from the consistently delicious meals, one of the things that makes H2O special is the outstanding wait staff. They are very knowledgeable of not only the menu and special offerings, but the wines too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/7/2014always good! never a bad meal. the restaurant week menu was well worth the price, especially paired with wine!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014We took advantage of Smithtown Restaurant week. The menu choices were good and food and wine were delicious.Special Features:
- Appetizer and entree good but...KathDined on 10/5/2014The bread pudding dessert was bland and tasteless. The dessert spoiled an otherwise good dining experience. Too expensive to receive Costco-like dessert.
- h2osatinemullen1223Dined on 10/3/2014The service was great, did not feel rushed & the server knew the menu inside & out.Special Features:
- H20 no splashTea2VIPDined on 10/3/2014The manager made every effort to accomodate our tight schedule, and for this we have to thank her. The food was good, but not outstanding. The clam chowder with bacon is very tasty -- little clam, lots of corn and bacon flavor satisfying. The Montauk Roll is good, but mushy mixture of different seafood with spicy sauce. Texture not great -- only tuna has some body in this roll. The lobster wontons were reminiscent of pizza in texture -- too bready though tasty. The etouffée was a mélange of foods that failed to come together as one dish, but was a good entree. Overall, we were expecting too much of H20 which curiously enough lacks a water view unlike its sister restaurant Prime (on the water), whose food and view we prefer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieDined on 10/1/2014We went to H2O on a Wednesday night. We were excited about their Wed. Night Wine dinner but there was only one entree selection and it was for steak ... odd for a seafood restaurant. That was disappointing. However, our meal was good. The Salad with apples, walnuts and goat cheese was ordinary, as was the bronzino and grilled swordfish. Not as good as the last time we went - perhaps we made the wrong choices.Special Features:
- DeliciouseatoutalotDined on 9/28/2014We went to H2O for a Price Fix menu to try it. I was very surprised on the quality and nice size portions served. Apps and main dishes were wonderful. Dessert was bread pudding which was good for what it was but I would have like a few more choices in this course. Our server was wonderful as well as the assistants. My water glass was always full and even though it is a small thing it is one of the specific things I rate my experience by.Special Features:
- Delicious, as always!webbahbibzDined on 9/27/2014Great for fresh seafood and seasonal accompaniments. Never disappoints!Special Features:
- First Taste of Fall 2014dtacoDined on 9/26/2014We took advantage of the promotion for "First Taste of Fall" and were not disappointed. Making the reservation through Open Table was easy and seamless and our dinner was excellent. The marinated skirt steak was cooked and seasoned perfectly, the swordfish was as well and the scallops with pumpkin risotto was the talk of the table. The only drawback was there were only 3 scallops on the plate. Everyone enjoyed their meals thoroughly. Two of our group also added the "wine pairing", and the wines were very good and the amount poured was equivalent to what you would expect if just ordering a glass of wine. We had a great time, enjoyed everything and definitely recommend you give them a try.Special Features:
- H2O RevisitedJDRestaurantCriticDined on 9/26/2014On average, we eat at H2O every 18 months. Over the past few years, the quality of food and service has been consistently excellent and this latest experience proved to be no exception. We ordered off the fall prix fixe menu and particularly enjoyed the kale salad and the marinated skirt steak. Service was perfectly pitched - attentive and friendly but not pushy - despite being very busy. We have never been disappointed at H2O - it deserves more frequent patronage than we are currently able to provide.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Wine ProgramVinoSOSDined on 9/24/2014Absolutely one of the best wine programs on Long Island. They offer a very thoughtfully curated selection of boutique wines at tremendous value. They offer a wine and food pairing menu on Wednesdays for guests as well. The restaurant was recently given a refresh and looks great. The bar has lots of energy and the service in the dining room and the bar is excellent.Special Features:
- DiceyDined on 9/24/2014I always love their Wine dinners, but this weeks not a bit harried. the place was much more crowded than usual at that early time.. wait staff was totally overworked and needed more help....everything seemed a bit hassled....but I forgive you. this place is almost always perfect....Special Features:
- great seafoodyummygirlDined on 9/20/2014Had the millennium lobster. Fabulous! Friends had tuna and seafood etoufee. We loved it all. It's a little noisy but food made it worth it. Sushi appetizer was excellent!Special Features:
- Top notchCoggt91Dined on 9/20/2014H2O had amazing food, my gf had the everyrhing crusted tuna which was te best she's ever had and my hazelnut Parmesan crusted swordfish couldn't be any tastier. great service and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MitchDined on 9/20/2014A very nice meal. And oh those popovers. Manager even checked in with us. Waiter was also very good. We even discussed a whole tilapia deep fried with Hunan sauce and meat scooped out of the whole fish. It was a great fish from the past. One waiter remembered the dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and serviceLuvfoodDined on 9/19/2014The staff is really nice and professional. We were greeted by a friendly hostess who was happy to be there. The waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu items and specials. The bus boy was nice and very attentive. The food was exquisite and well worth the price. I definitely will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlwaysOutstanding food and serviceJimmyC3992Dined on 9/18/2014Outstanding food Tuna Crusted is one of my favorites. Others in our group had the fish special which they claim was an outstanding presentation even with the entire fish being on the platter. The other guest had the 2 lb lobster which was steam and table side broken down very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect,LindaDined on 9/14/2014This was our first visit abd everything was perfect!Special Features:
- Smithtown GemMWWWDined on 9/14/2014Parking at the door. Hometown greeting by hostess. Excellent service and Great Food.Special Features:
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014Excellent food, excellent service, great atmosphere.....but the noise level is too high. I wish it was slightly lower.Special Features:
- very very goodjeffs1VIPDined on 9/5/2014THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME I DINED HERE, MATTER OF FACT, I HAD BEEN TO H20 MANY TIMES IN THE PAST.....BUT NOT SINCE THEY RENOVATED IT....THE BAR AND LOUNGE AREA ARE BIGGER, ACCOMPANIED BY A SUSHI BAR...I ORDERED THE BRAZZINI WHICH WAS DELICIOUS....OUR SERVICE WAS VERY GOOD.......WE SAT OUTSIDE AND IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL EVE.....QUIET OUT THERE BUT NOT SO QUIET INSIDE.....WE SHALL RETURNSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usualHcgolf4funVIPDined on 9/3/2014I come to H20 quite often. I love their seafood on their menu as well as their Wed wine dinner. If you haven't tried this place yet, go on Wed and try the wine dinner. This will not disappoint.Special Features:
- Never DisappointedCoopmacDined on 9/3/2014H2O never disappoints on any level...the service is outstanding, friendly and knowledgeable staff, the management is accommodating, and the food is, of course, beyond delicious. Always extremely satisfied after dining there.Special Features:
- always a delightH20fanDined on 8/31/2014Always a delicious experience. Whether it's the Wednesday night wine 3 course meal or simply dining out. I have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine Pairing WedGJVUDined on 8/27/2014We often attend the Wed Wine Pairing. Prix fix menu. Great food.Special Features:
- Estitician417Dined on 8/24/2014The food and service was excellent. The waitress Jacqlen was quite knowledgeable of the entrees that we had questions about. I highly recommend this establishment to many people.Special Features:
- Good, not great!spacemonkeyDined on 8/23/2014It's a great spot for Long Island, but wouldn't get 4 stars in the city.Special Features:
- wine dinners are a mustDiceyDined on 8/20/2014like to try new foods and new wine and get a chance every time I go to H2O's wine dinners. Price is very reasonable, menus are creative and always good and the portions are just right... it is a neighborhood gem!Special Features:
- happy2bdinersDined on 8/20/2014This restaurant is outstanding. Their Wine Dinner last Wednesday was just wonderful. The food was superb and the wine pairing was perfect. Their service is always friendly and very efficient. It has become one of our favorites.Special Features:
- Flavorful mealluv2eatoutDined on 8/18/2014The food has never disappointed me here, very fresh and perfectly cooked. Will continue to return.Special Features: