H2O: Seafood & Sushi
215 West Main Street
Smithtown, NY 11787Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
H2O: Seafood & Sushi
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://h2oseafoodsushi.com/
- Phone: 6313616464x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Monday through Thursday 5:00pm until 10:00 pm, Friday and Saturday 5:00pm until 11:00pm. Sunday 3:00pm until 9:00pm. -Sushi Bar open same hours as Dining Room except Thursday open until 11:00pm, Friday and Saturday until midnight. -Lounge open until midnight Monday through Thursday, until 1:00am Friday and Saturday, Sundays until 11:00pm Happy hour Mon - Fri 4pm - 7pm. (Note: We are not open for lunch except for catered affairs)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Available. Please contact the restaurant for further details.
- Private Party Facilities: From the very essence of the ocean comes a dramatically different restaurant, inspired by the seafood of the world and infused by a spirit that is fresh, refreshing and totally modern.
- Entertainment: Happy Hour Monday through Friday, 4-7PM
- Special Events: Available. Please contact the restaurant for further details.
A word from H2O: Seafood & Sushi
Smithtown's newly renovated seafood restaurant is destined to become a favorite! Cleverly designed with an upscale New England feel, take a moment to admire the beautiful bar, relax in the dining room or dine from our sushi bar,"Ocean". H2O: Seafood & Sushi delivers a winner - a unique setting and great food and a lively bar with a wonderful wine cellar. Recently voted #1 Overall Seafood Restaurant in the New York Area on OpenTable. H2O: Seafood & Sushi is improving on an already very loyal following.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
H2O: Seafood & Sushi - Best Restaurants in Smithtown ›
H2O: Seafood & Sushi reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (72)special occasion (58)neighborhood gem (54)vibrant bar scene (46)great for outdoor dining (45)good for groups (44)notable wine list (33)romantic (30)hot spot (29)kid-friendly (12)late-night find (7)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (6)Show More
- Perfect,LindaDined on 9/14/2014This was our first visit abd everything was perfect!Special Features:
- Smithtown GemMWWWDined on 9/14/2014Parking at the door. Hometown greeting by hostess. Excellent service and Great Food.Special Features:
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014Excellent food, excellent service, great atmosphere.....but the noise level is too high. I wish it was slightly lower.Special Features:
- very very goodjeffs1VIPDined on 9/5/2014THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME I DINED HERE, MATTER OF FACT, I HAD BEEN TO H20 MANY TIMES IN THE PAST.....BUT NOT SINCE THEY RENOVATED IT....THE BAR AND LOUNGE AREA ARE BIGGER, ACCOMPANIED BY A SUSHI BAR...I ORDERED THE BRAZZINI WHICH WAS DELICIOUS....OUR SERVICE WAS VERY GOOD.......WE SAT OUTSIDE AND IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL EVE.....QUIET OUT THERE BUT NOT SO QUIET INSIDE.....WE SHALL RETURNSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usualHcgolf4funVIPDined on 9/3/2014I come to H20 quite often. I love their seafood on their menu as well as their Wed wine dinner. If you haven't tried this place yet, go on Wed and try the wine dinner. This will not disappoint.Special Features:
- Never DisappointedCoopmacDined on 9/3/2014H2O never disappoints on any level...the service is outstanding, friendly and knowledgeable staff, the management is accommodating, and the food is, of course, beyond delicious. Always extremely satisfied after dining there.Special Features:
- always a delightH20fanDined on 8/31/2014Always a delicious experience. Whether it's the Wednesday night wine 3 course meal or simply dining out. I have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine Pairing WedGJVUDined on 8/27/2014We often attend the Wed Wine Pairing. Prix fix menu. Great food.Special Features:
- Estitician417Dined on 8/24/2014The food and service was excellent. The waitress Jacqlen was quite knowledgeable of the entrees that we had questions about. I highly recommend this establishment to many people.Special Features:
- wine dinners are a mustDiceyDined on 8/20/2014like to try new foods and new wine and get a chance every time I go to H2O's wine dinners. Price is very reasonable, menus are creative and always good and the portions are just right... it is a neighborhood gem!Special Features:
- happy2bdinersDined on 8/20/2014This restaurant is outstanding. Their Wine Dinner last Wednesday was just wonderful. The food was superb and the wine pairing was perfect. Their service is always friendly and very efficient. It has become one of our favorites.Special Features:
- Flavorful mealluv2eatoutDined on 8/18/2014The food has never disappointed me here, very fresh and perfectly cooked. Will continue to return.Special Features:
- Best in Town!Katie59Dined on 8/16/2014This is our go to restaurant. Always a perfect and delicious meal! Beautiful atmosphere and wonderful staff. They go above and beyond to make your dining experience what it should be!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/16/2014We have been to H2O several times and have always enjoyed the food. Quality, well prepared seafood in a relaxed setting. Didn't get the "joke" Sushi Tower for $1million. Service was good without feeling rushed. Will definitely return. All of the restaurants in The Bohlsen Group meet or exceed expectations. Thank You.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find but NoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/15/2014Food was really good. Nice food selections. Reasonably priced wines. But very loud - maybe ir was just the night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood GaloreOBGemVIPDined on 8/9/2014High end seafood and sushi, with prices to match. Excellent quality food and superior service.Special Features:
- DisappointedSusanVIPDined on 8/8/2014Upon arrival 2 of us was seated at a booth with table settings for 4. Waitress asked us to help her remove settings. Popovers were served with drinks. They were soggy and burnt. Food was just tossed on plate. Veggies were covered with potatoes. Food was tasteless and waiter had no clue if fish were farm raised. Noise level was unbearable, Service was slow and unattentive. There are a lot better places to eat for the price charged.
- YUMMOsatisfactionDined on 8/2/2014Loved the food the lobster mac and cheese hit the spot and had lots of big chunks of meat. The drinks were very good and had a good kick to them. The service was friendly and nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but slow!KillerDined on 7/28/2014The food at H2O is quite good. Interesting sushi rolls and, for the landlubber in our group, a nice fried chicken, accompanied by watermelon dusted with cayenne that was particularly delicious, and not something I would have thought of doing. Our waiter was a nice man, and seemed to mean well, but the service was ridiculously slow, for no apparent reason. The restaurant was not particularly busy, yet it was over an hour before we ever saw so much as an appetizer. We were seated at 7:30, and were not able to leave until after 10.
- Wonderful experienceBruchgoerDined on 7/28/2014The outside seating was very nice. Great for a romantic dinner.Special Features:
- A regularBabsDined on 7/25/2014We always enjoy the food at H2O. The sushi is great and all the food is fresh. And this last visit was my fiance's birthday, and at the end of the meal, he was presented with a $25 gift card for his birthday. The service is usually very good. So we'll be back. The only negative - it does get noisy in the restaurant. We try not to come on a Saturday night for that reason. But overall, we love H2O.Special Features:
- jms18Dined on 7/18/2014very good food, very fresh, great service, nice place to eat , drink and relax..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumKathyDined on 7/18/2014My husband and I were extremely happy with our night here. Every dish was so delicious. We had never been here before, but I am sure we will be back!
- Horrible ServicedenurbanVIPDined on 7/17/2014This restaurant had the worst service of any restaurant I have ever been to. I travel and eat out all over the country and this was truly a terrible experience. Shame on H2O and the waiter. Never again!Special Features:
- Terrific Experience!SmithtownFoodieDined on 7/17/2014Great food, excellent service, good value. We would absolutely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great service was notKsidDined on 7/15/2014The waitress while not overly busy simply did not address requests in a timely manner. I am as a rule a 20% tipper. She received 10%. It is a shame as the food was quite good. I have seen this comment on H2O but thought how bad can it be. The owners need to help the wait staff know bad service effects their wallet as well as the company bottom line. I would look elsewhere in the future. Food was good but the service and prive were not.Special Features:
- I don't get itc2dineDined on 7/13/2014Nothing about this place warrants the high prices. The food is good, not wonderful, the atmosphere is very casual. Seats in booths are uncomfortable and the loud music made me think I was sitting at a bar.
- H2NOFoodieGirlDined on 7/12/2014What happened to this restaurant? Chef Meehan was obviously on vacation. The food was simply unimpressive and I'm being kind. Popovers instead of bread were interesting and could have worked if they weren't burnt. The wait staff took things away when they shouldn't, dropped food and knives in my lap, and really were very inexperienced. The kale salad and the linguini with clams wer tasteless, the lobster macaroni was absolutely awful, and the daily special parchment baked white fish was hard to debone and had me spending the night digging fish scales out of my mouth. Why on earth do they not debone the fish for you? Sorry guys, you're off the list for now. Too bad I'm stuck with your complimentary $25 birthday gift card.
- Awesome celebrationmomtropDined on 7/12/2014We came to celebrate my birthday and had a fabulous time. I even got a gift card from the restaurant to use next time I visit. Only downside was that my 15-year old daughter had a tough time finding something to eat that she liked on the menu - she doesn't eat fish or seafood, and that's pretty much what they have at this place.Special Features:
- good, not great.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/6/2014Food was delicious, but service was lacking a bit. We had a party of 5, and the bill was $500 after tip, so I would expect excellent service, not just OK service.
- Terrific!DakotasunVIPDined on 7/5/2014Love,Love, Love this place. My husband and I went here for my birthday and it was wonderful. This is the first time we have been back since they changed it up a bit, bigger bar, sushi area expanded,etc. The food is wonderful that hasn't changed. They have changed the bread that they used to serve with seasoned olive oil to delicious popovers with honey butter. I thought for a moment to cancel my dinner order and just get a basket of them! But I didn't and my lobster and my husbands soft shell crabs were excellent . The warm donuts with cream and coffee finished up the meal perfectly.Special Features:
- First time thereJonathanVIPDined on 7/3/2014Very good food, but on the expensive side. Not a place I would go often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FOOD GREAT. NOISE LEVEL WAY TO LOUDRUSTYDined on 7/2/2014WE HAVE HAD BETTER SERVICE OTHER TIMES WE WERE THERE, AGAIN THE SPOILER OF THIS RESTRAUNT IS THE NOISE LEVEL, YOU CA NOT TALK TO SOME ONE ACROSS THE TABLESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keep coming backOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/29/2014Food, service and special menus make it a great place to frequent. Have been going for years and continue to return.Special Features:
- Amazing experienceChristiexlynnDined on 6/29/2014From the decor to the food h2o is an amazing restaurant. You can tell that excellence is on the minds of the owners and head chef. We can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Specials worth itSusanLDined on 6/26/2014Went for the summer special. Wait staff very responsive; good food and plentiful. Love the popovers as the bread. good wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere-good food!love4yogaDined on 6/25/2014Always enjoy dining at H2O. Food is always fresh and have wonderful options-especially on Wednesdays! It is a little pricey for some entrees. Good wine selection but the the service takes it to the next level. Our waiter remembered us from our previous dining as well as my teenagers favorite dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobbyVIPDined on 6/24/2014Really doing some great things with unique flavors. Give it a try- well worth it- especially the wonderful seasonla dinners.Special Features:
- happy2bdinersDined on 6/24/2014We go often and are never disappointed. The service is exceptional and the food is just wonderful. Everyone is courteous and attentive and make you feel so comfortable. It has become a favorite of ours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timetsteinmetz53Dined on 6/21/2014Took a very special person here for dinner on the recommendation of a friend. The food and service was outstanding. The depths of flavors that the chef had created for the main course were worth 5 Michelin Stars. Both of us had the Striped Bass special. Amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.