H Street Country Club
1335 H Street NE
Washington, DC 20002Neighborhood:
H Street Corridor
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
H Street Country Club
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hstreetcountryclub.com/
- Phone: (202) 399-4722
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Saturday & Sunday: Brunch 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Traditional Mexican, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Pablo Cardoso
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: H Street Country Club offers lots of options for family gatherings, friendly celebrations, and corporate events. We can accommodate large and small groups. And we offer a large rooftop deck, indoor mini golf and great Mexican food.
- Private Party Contact: Ricardo at firstname.lastname@example.org 202-370-6267 x
- Entertainment: One of the most innovative concepts in Washington, H Street Country Club lays claim to the only miniature golf course in the city serving food created by celebrated, James Beard-Award winner Chef Ann Cashion and offers an extensive and renowned cocktail menu. Join us on one of Washington, DC's most historic streets and see what all the excitement is about.
- Special Events: With room for 300 guests, games and and a large rooftop deck, we can host private and corporate events. Reservations can be made via our web site (hstreetcountryclub.com/events).
A word from H Street Country Club
We do fine Mexican food. What else would you expect from your local country club? Our dinner menu will surprise you with unique classics from Mexico like duck in mole, ceviche, and tacos de carnitas. You can get flavorsome dishes for dinner any day after 5 pm. Come see what the excitement is all about.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
H Street Country Club - Best Restaurants in H Street Corridor ›
H Street Country Club reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (10)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (5)neighborhood gem (4)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)scenic view (2)special occasion (2)hot spot (2)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Perfect for a few friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/14/2014Really great Mexican food; the margaritas are a little sugary. We got our seats immediately upon arriving, super friendly waitress. Mini golf was hard and hilarious and a perfect thing to do once we finished our food. Upstairs isn't too conducive to staying beyond our dinner/a round of golf but it was a perfect start to our night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for bacheloretteBananas81Dined on 11/1/2014A group of 8 was easy. We enjoyed the games and atmosphere. Indoor mini golf was fantastic! Would recommend for a great and memorable evening out on H Street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best 1st Date EverBlkChina35Dined on 10/31/2014My date and I had a wonderful 1st date at H Street Country Club.Special Features:
- MehNeenDined on 10/24/2014Had a friend in town for the MCM. We were both in the mood for Mexican food and I recall a friend mentioning H St CC. We arrived before the friday night crown for dinner while the restaurant was basically empty. Started with the chips, salsa and dip. I've never had such bland salsa, guac and whatever the third dip was. Already not to happy with my restaurant choice. We proceeded to order our entrees. I ordered steak and chicken tacos and my friend ordered chicken fajitas. Unfortunately, all I can say is that the tortillas were cold and food was bland. The manager did come out and talk to us and overall service was good, but the food was just, meh.Special Features:
- Date NightDine4FunVIPDined on 10/17/2014Nice place to enjoy one-on-one for a date night. It was fun to play various games and move from floor to floor. Mini-golf was packed; however, a beverage or two (sold at the counter) helped compensate for the slow pace.
- It was OK.OldTomMorrisDined on 10/15/2014This restaurant has received a lot of media attention, so I wanted to try it. I love Mexican food and minigolf, so it seemed like a perfect fit. But the food just wasn't that good, and the minigolf wasn't that exciting. The steak in the tacos was too tough, and the rice tasted too lemony. I ate my tacos; they just weren't the best ever. I didn't like the navy bean dip, but the guac was good. The course was cute. The Lincoln Memorial hole was impossible. I can now say I went there, but I don't see myself returning.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceSimpleDinerDined on 10/6/2014Our party was four adults and three children under the age of four. We were treated very well by the staff, who were especially attentive to our fidgety children. The kids enjoyed the minigolf course on the second floor (free with an entrée). The front of the restaurant is open to H Street, and we enjoyed the bustling ambiance. The food was great - large portions, well seasoned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not live up to excitementLauraDined on 8/19/2014I took a few international visitors to the H St Country Club, after hearing from others that the restaurant was a great night out with games and fun. We were so excited to have a few drinks and play some mini golf, only to find out when we got there that the games section was closed for a private event. I had looked on the restaurants Twitter page, website and Facebook page and there was no mention of a private event. We also booked a table, and there was no mention of the games being unavailable. This was very far out of our way, and whilst the food was alright, not great, it was not worth the disappointment we felt about missing out on the games. The restaurant could handle its communication much better.Special Features:
- bad timing?ColFrogVIPDined on 8/19/2014We arrived for a reservation that I had made well in advance and found that we could only sit on the roof, outside, because someone had rented the other floors. Why would you give me a reservation and not tell me this? Why would you not send me an email if it happened after my reservation? I made it on OT...I am accessible.
- Great brunch!ypdinersDined on 8/17/2014We were pleasantly surprised by the large portions. I had the steak and huevos, my husband had the breakfast burrito and we were both stuffed. My steak was cooked exactly like I ordered it and had a delicious marinade flavor. The bottomless mimosas were heavy on the OJ side and could have used some more sparkling wine, but all in all, we had a great brunch there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your average barLizVizDined on 8/16/2014Our group had fun having an early dinner here last weekend. Happy hour specials were an added bonus $5 margaritas and $3 beers. My veggie fajitas were good and it was a generous portion of grilled veggies with great mushrooms. The nachos are a big mountain and the cheese sauce has a kick to it. We had two kids with us and they were very accommodating. Call us crazy for bringing kids to a bar but they have skee ball and mini golf so we all had a blast.
- Good food - fun placeMyReviewsDined on 8/15/2014Calamari with jalapeno appetizer is great and the pork entrée is really flavorful. Sat in the front window on a beautiful night. Very nice to watch all the H Street activity go by. The roof deck is really nice, great view of the sunset. Service good and mini golf lots of fun. Waitress suggested a cocktail made with Bulleit bourbon and mint, very good. Good food - fun place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Great place to dine, although a private party had rented out the top two levels so we were not able to play putt-putt as planned.Special Features:
- The following 326 reviews are from the H Street Country Club reviews archive.
- I was excited walking in...TherestaurantcriticDined on 7/25/2014I was excited walking in, but leaving out I was highly disappointed. I will only go there to play game from this point on. In a short summary ... The waiter (Daniel) just didn't seem pleasant, and I felt like it was only towards my table. Which was the only table really there lol. Food was great however, when my nachos came out crispy burnt.. I mentioned to my waiter and he stated they supposed to look like. When I went and got the opinion of his co-worker (the golf guy) he agree with me, and magically Daniel did too. I don't understand how the kitchen can mess up a simple loaded nachos, but make amazing quesadillas, and calamari. In conclusion, I've waited months to finally have time to go to H St Country Club.. I wasn't missing anything.Special Features:
- Not At All What We ExpectedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2014This is a neighborhood bar with a Mexican theme, with a frowning bouncer at the door (even for adults ranging up to in their 60's, an average customer age in the high 20's to low 30's, and the tables and chairs of the worn plastic laminate variety. The food was slightly better than average, and our waiter (Chris) was friendly and attentive, but the ambiance (or lack thereof) was not conducive to wanting to stay for very long.
- Bruncheas234Dined on 7/19/2014I had a fantastic, affordable time here for brunch last Saturday. I spent less than $30 on bottomless mimosas and tasty chilaquiles, and while the food wasn't exactly gourmet, I didn't have any complaints. My glass was never empty. The mimosas could have been stronger, but I had a comfortable buzz going the whole meal. What I love about this place is the arcade games and mini golf they offer along with a great bar and brunch scene. My friends and I played some rounds of drunk skee ball after brunch, which was cheap and fun. We didn't make it to the mini golf, but at least I have an excuse to go back now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great rooftop and brunch dealwinnerVIPDined on 7/6/2014Great rooftop deck, and excellent brunch deal- includes a complementary round of mini golf. Decent Mexican food too!Special Features:
- Waiter was distracted/uninterestedOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/28/2014Our waiter took a while to come to the table to introduce himself and tell us he'd be right back. The place wasn't busy, so I'm not sure what he was doing, but it sure wasn't paying attention to us. The food was good, even though our server got our appetizer order incorrect (it was easier to just go with what he gave us though instead of trying to get the correct dish), and the mini golf is fun. That is what is saving my review right now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but slowErinDined on 6/15/2014Food was good and lots of TVs made watching the World Cup easy; however it took a really long time for our food to come out, and it's odd at a Mexican restaurant to not provide complimentary chips and salsa at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014festive and friendly.. waitress cordial & accommodating; food was very good and plentiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible ServiceDisappointedDined on 4/26/2014I had booked my reservation for 7:30 PM on a Spring Saturday evening. I booked early because I heard this place gets busy during the later hours. I promptly ordered my drink, appetizers, and food. The yuca appetizer took quite a long time to show up and that was a foreshadowing of things to come. I did not end up getting my two entree dinners (a salad and Mahi fish entree) until 8:40 PM(1 hour & 10 mins). The restaurant was not even filled when I sat down. Both the tables to my right and left were empty. My waiter proffered a few excuses and blamed things on the kitchen being "slammed". I figure multiple mistakes were made between the wait staff and kitchen staff. The dining experience definitely put a damper on my night along with my date.Special Features:
- Time and foodliknfoodDined on 4/18/2014The food took entirely too long to make although it was amazing food. by the time we got our food we ordered to go boxes with them. It was very dark in our seating area. The only thing that was 100% great was the food!Special Features:
- Good food; loud atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014Food was good. Dining rooms are a bit loud for conversations. Overall, good night spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool place - OK foodJeanneDined on 4/12/2014We went to H Street Country Club for the indoor mini golf. It was a very cool experience. Although, the food and drink were just OK. We would definitely recommend going to H Street Country Club for a night out, but would likely stick to wine/beer and play shuffleboard and golf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice placeluvsredmeatDined on 4/11/2014I have been here twice, so that is saying something. I can say the food is good, but it is not the best. My girlfriend enjoyed her meal more than I did. The margarita was good and we played miniature golf upstairs. I would definitely say it is fun place to meet up for drinks!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple yet uniqueDougDined on 4/5/2014I've spent my fair share of time in bars in this city; this place is no exception. I've only been by once so far, but everything was to my standards (which can be a little high sometimes). The staff was very helpful and seemed genuinely interested in being there to work. The food was fantastic, but I'm no foodie so it doesn't take a whole lot there to impress me. I had the breakfast burrito and endless mimosas and my date had the french toast and mimosas as well and both of us were very happy as we left (tipsy, the drinks were poured to bar standard). Fantastic experience and I *will* be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place for happy hour!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/31/2014If you're looking for something different, this is it! Good happy hour prices and appetizers but main courses were pretty unimpressive. The staff were great and very cheery. Would go again.Special Features:
- Fun!diligentkDined on 3/22/2014My hubby and I came for brunch to celebrate 10 years together. We had a blast. The mini-golf on the second floor is both artistic and hilarious. The game is free for each player who orders an entree. Skeeball and the hunting video game are $.50 per game. The food was tasty too. We'll be going back. I haven't laughed that hard in a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Hangout SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/15/2014The food there was nothing special (ordered calamari and steak tacos); very bland. The margaritas are not strong at all; had way too much sour (I ordered 3). However, it's a great spot for hanging out; especially if you're interested in the bar scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- powerful mimosas!earthseedDined on 3/9/2014the reason that my friends and i decided to come to h street country club, was due to the bottomless mimosas! we were not disappointed. yes, it's cheap bubbly that their using, but for $12 - one can't really complain. food was good and the service was nice and timely also. will definitely come back to play another round of free mini-golf and skee-ball!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seeking Something NewSoccerchick70Dined on 3/8/2014The H Street County Club is definitely a place for adventure seekers, but not necessarily it's food. The ambience was incredible, boasting it's the only place in DC that has its only indoor putt-putt course. Each hole is designed to remind its player of a cheesy hot-spot in the Nation's Capital. The deco is cool and cheesy! A great place to bring a first date or possibly have a Girl's Night Out. There are few Skee Ball machines downstairs and a giant game of Jenga. The crowd is lively and good for what it is. A young and yuppy group of 30 somethings. The food was mediocre. We were excited because we love Mexican. The restaurant was out of tamales and chicken, and it was only 10:00 PM. Not good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- H StreetritzytravelerVIPDined on 2/28/2014Great for kids IF you go on a weekday early like 5 or 6pm and sit near golf course. Kids love that, while mommy has a margarita.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Fun, Fun PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014First, more like 3 1/2 stars. Dinner was good, but not in any way remarkable. What gives this place the slightly above average rating is a great staff, indoor putt-putt and a lively bar scene. What I had hoped for was a bit more romantic than I had gotten but that wasn't a problem. I ordered the steak and though I had to send it back because it was slightly underdone, it came out right and delicious. My lovely bride's fish was flaky and tender and all sides were quite good. I highly recommend this place for a first date, a mix and mingle event or, earlier in the evening, a place to go with the kids. The food is good, sometimes bordering on excellent, the ambience is a bit noisy but fun. Enjoy. Happy Eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat before you goRieseycupDined on 2/14/2014I made the mistake of eating at H Street Country Club. We tried quite a few things--tacos, flank steak, the fish (can't remember what it was), guacamole, and even this chocolate thing they called desert. The guacamole was tolerable but everything else was just awful. While I'll definitely make my way back for drinks and games--I'll just make sure I have dinner before I get there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening!FirsttimeinsavannahDined on 2/14/2014After our Valentine's Day plans got cancelled due to snow, we decided to come here for the prix fixe menu -- $39 for two people including starter, app, two mains, dessert, and a round of mini golf. What a stellar deal! We were really impressed with the food (super yummy) and mini golf and skee ball were great fun. Highly recommend this for a fun evening out. Also, check out the roof deck, bartenders Aaron and Tony were fantastic and they have heat lamps up there! I think this will be an annual tradition for us :)
- Not-So-Bottomless BrunchalmapanDined on 1/19/2014If I reach the end of a mimosa during "bottomless" mimosas and have to wait longer than five minutes for a refill, they can no longer be classified as bottomless. The waitress didn't use a pitcher - just took our glasses away and then brought them back at her leisure. They're reasonably priced - $12 during brunch - but I'd really prefer faster refills. Also, the food is not great. I'm not sure who taught them the "chilaquiles" includes eggs, but they should not. "Breakfast nachos" would be a more appropriate term. My friends had breakfast burritos, steak and huevos and enchiladas - all were met with less than enthusiastic responses. I'd go again, but with better expectations of the food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Experience EVERDessertAnoGoDined on 1/18/2014Walked in to a security guard who couldnt guide you to what one was looking for. Told a busboy we had reserveration from Open Table and he took me upstairs and said, wait right here. Hostess comes back and takes us downstairs in the bar. (Upstairs was virtually empty). Where our seats were, when he door opened you got an artic chill (it was 20 degrees outside). Asked to be moved to one of the empy tables in the back and they could not/ would not accomodate. My friend and i got up and just left. Wont be returning anytime...EVER.Special Features:
- A nice change of pacethom202Dined on 12/31/2013The place has an enjoyable atmosphere and offers various price fixe menus that are compelling although somewhat unpredictable in terms of what is or is not included. A nice change of pace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why did the Golf have to close?!FunNFoodDined on 12/30/2013I know it was a Monday night, but it was Dec 30th. This has to be viewed as a Friday night. To have mini golf close at 10 PM was a real bummer as that was the main reason we chose to go there for a friend's birthday. Other than that good Sangria, good food, and on the better side for service.
- Our large party was welcomedbcIsaidsoVIPDined on 12/21/2013This was our 3rd or 4th time here, but this time we brought about 12 people! It was my husband's birthday and we wanted a place where you could do more than just drink (since we had a pregnant lady with us). The food was good and the games were fun.Special Features: