H. Harper Station
904 Memorial Dr.
Atlanta, GA 30316Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
H. Harper Station
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hharperstation.com/
- Phone: 6787320415x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday: 500pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern, Gastro Pub
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from H. Harper Station
H. Harper Station, located in Atlanta’s Reynoldstown neighborhood, is owned and operated by mixologist Jerry Slater, formerly of One Flew South, his consulting project at Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport. Jerry designed H. Harper Station to be the restaurant that he and his friends would eat and drink at on their days off. Located at the historic Atlanta & West Point rail station, H. Harper Station has design flourishes from its historic past with modern interpretations of classic cocktails and southern diner staples. H. Harper Station bears the name of Jerry’s maternal grandfather, Harold Harper, a railroad engineer for more than 40 years.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSouthern
H. Harper Station - Best Restaurants in Reynoldstown ›
H. Harper Station reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (22)fit for foodies (14)great for outdoor dining (14)great for brunch (13)good for groups (12)special occasion (9)vibrant bar scene (7)romantic (6)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)notable wine list (3)great for lunch (3)Show More
- upscale without Buckhead BuzzOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014I dined here about one year ago and returned in Oct. 2014 to share the experience with my dear friend. I was surprised to see new items on the menu but did not see the baloney sandwich. I can't say that I eat it regularly but I did respect this place for preparing the low end cut like it was a prime cut. Menu changed still delicious but bring back the old favorites.Special Features:
- Cocktails and Comfort FoodflajemmingDined on 10/17/2014Harper Station nails both. They're a solid alternative to Kimball House for classic and creative cocktails and an extensive liquor cabinet. Food is always great. High quality ingredients in everything. It has great interior decor and a large patio. It always seems quiet when we're there, no idea why.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Killed ItRAP4960Dined on 9/28/2014Wanted to break the routine from normal "Sunday Brunch." Met a group of four. Started out ok at the empty bar while waiting for balance of my party. Enjoyed one of their specialty drinks that bartender recommended. However, as soon as others arrived and crowd began to form - their drink order seemed to take exceptionally long. After being seated, it was downhill. Food was actually good, but the extremely languid service killed it. Staff were courteous, cheery, nice - but they have no sense of how to balance unobtrusive yet efficient and timely service. Thankfully the four of us could find plenty to chat about. Despite the respectable food, I realized I'd accept average food for better service & atmosphere. We all agreed we won't be back.
- Excellent foo and servicecfooddietVIPDined on 9/21/2014We tried brunch last Sunday at this restaurant and had a great time. The food and the service were definitely a cut above. I would rate the restaurant a 10 out of 10 but for the fact that they were no vegan options and the parking was very difficult. I would recommend coming early because you need time to park.Special Features:
- Sunday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/31/2014This was my second time these for brunch and it was fantastic, again! Love this place for dinner, but brunch is wonderful as well. Only quiet b/c we sat outsideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A surprise discoveryChloeDined on 8/23/2014My friend requested this cafe. I've lived in the ATL area for 19 years & never knew this cafe was here. It has great cocktails, wonderful local food--a playful flair with food & drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hip Cocktail SpotflajemmingDined on 8/15/2014Great cocktails. I was especially into their liquor list. They have a large selection of gins, bourbons, liqueurs, aperitifs, whiskeys, vodkas, rums, and so on. When I come back, I'd probably ask to have classic drinks made with certain specialty liquors. Beautiful space and drinks.Special Features:
- enjoyed the patio!iliketoeatDined on 8/15/2014Was there before the crowd on Friday evening and enjoyed the quiet patio. Service is always good here and the food is consistently enjoyable. Started with the pimento cheese and deviled eggs (always good comfort food). Then shared the watermelon/tomato salad - very tasty. Crab cakes and the burger are always great. Ended with sorbet. This is my 8th or 9th time to this restaurant and I always enjoy it. The drink special was so delicious that I had two of them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable & relaxed atmosphereredbearatl1Dined on 8/9/2014I made my reservation based on a review I read in The Atlantian magazine. I wanted something different and off the beaten path for my partners birthday. The decore reminiscent of a bygone era with a few modern touches. I was glad to see that they have a simple basic menu unlike chain restaurants that try to offer every dish under the sun. What H. Harper Station offers are a few choice selections prepared correctly and full of flavor. For an appetizer I highly recommend the fried pickles and for an entree I recommend the Beltline Burger. There is true flavor of to this burger. And if you are a lover of bacon, do yourself a favor and add it to your burger. The staff is very accommodating and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chix wings and tomato salad 5 starBeckyDined on 8/2/2014We ordered oysters, tomato salad, crab cakes, chicken wings for the three of us. Each was of top quality. Drinks are truly notable. They concocted a wonderful non-alcoholic specialty for one of us . Heather, our waitress was filled with good stories, understood her customers and made good suggestions. Attentive. It's one of my favorite stops as well for Sunday brunch... Especially before 1:00. Reliable and comfortable ... always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedkarinekodaVIPDined on 7/23/2014Their food, creative cocktails, and services are always perfect, we have been there several times but never been disappointed. We have not had a bad food there. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night out with friendsJetairbearDined on 7/2/2014One of the coolest things about this restaurant is all of the cocktail creations - they are fun, unique and totally add to the personality of this great spot. Food was delicious ...there were 7 of us, we shared appetizers.....enjoyed a some drinks together before ordering dinner, and were never rushed...our waitress was terrific, made great suggestions everyone thoroughly enjoyed our time there. I will absolutely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixology enthusiasts, dine here.happajinDined on 6/28/2014HHS has a very respectable menu (don't miss the homemade garlic tater tots and fresh veg) but the reason to dine here is the bar. Visit, order, imbibe, and you will understand.Special Features:
- The following 74 reviews are from the H. Harper Station reviews archive.
- Excellent Again!L52094VIPDined on 6/13/2014Our 4th visit to H. Harper and had a wonderful time! Tim is an excellent server and really knows his stuff. Made great recommendations for both beer and cocktails. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent late-night diningTechnoDinerDined on 6/6/2014A friend and I got there for a later Friday night dinner: food was great and the cocktails were Fantastic!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but Needs ImprovementMrWhateverDined on 5/11/2014The food was really good. I enjoyed the Train Wreck, albeit the biscuit was overdone (almost burnt). Also, the crab benedict is excellent. The cocktails are interesting but the bartender was super slow in making them. (BTW sometimes the bartenders spend too much time chatting with folks at the bar, ignoring customers.) The waitstaff are friendly but very slow in returning to your table to check on you and in clearing plates. But... I would definitely go back for the food.Special Features:
- Mother's Day brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014My husband and our 5-month old son took me to H Harper for a Mother's Day brunch. It was fantastic, food was yummy! I was looking forward to trying the Bellini since they are known for their cocktails but unfortunately it was before noon on Sunday (illogical Ga law). Our main dishes were great but I recommend getting a biscuit to start with...mmmmm! We've had dinner several times here and we are so pleased to have another brunch option within walking distance. We will definitely be back...but after noon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good, sometimes greatbenbDined on 4/25/2014I've had a couple meals that we're only dodo but every drink here is a winner and the space is fantastic! I highly recommend coming by. Note: I would skip The Dude for desert. It's a bit over priced in spite of being delicious and fun to order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeHHSfanDined on 4/5/2014Always loved this place. Recently moved back to town and was sad to see the burger was off the menu but it's still there. Had and amazing night. Loved the appetizers, drinks were perfect , food amazing and the cookies the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a wonderful after-dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/29/2014We had a wonderful after-dinner experience here. Our server was polite, knowledgeable, and gave us perfect recommednations for drinks. Since we'd already had dinner, we started with smoked pimento cheese, which was delicious. My wife then ordered the chocolate cheesecake and I ordered the carrot cake, both of which were splendid. Great crowd and a wonderful experience from our arrival until we left. We will certainly be back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved the ambiance andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2014We loved the ambiance and the service was good however our food was not. We tried two appetizers, one small plate, and we had two drinks and decided to pack it up and get dinner else where. I was disappointed because I've heard a lot of good things about this place but that just wasn't our experience. We had the pimento cheese and smoke trout apps and they were it's okay the bread they went on had a stronger taste then either of those items. The tamale we had was just gross and barely edible. The black beans were over cooked. All and all we were sad because we haven't had a date night in weeks and it was a special occasion but we ended up somewhere else for dinner.
- over-pricedLLeeVIPDined on 3/28/2014Food is not bad, but over-priced, portion are so small for a entree price.
- Good night out.dinnertimeDined on 3/12/2014Great menu, knowledgeable staff, great drink list. Went out with a group of 6. We all had a good time. All orders came out with enough time to enjoy the food and the company. Everything came out correct and tasty! Everyone said they would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extensive cocktail menudbukeVIPDined on 3/1/2014Enjoyed my cocktail, so many go choose from. Food selection a little more limited. Farro that came with the octopus and also the pork was wonderful. Waitress failed to turn in one of our appetizer requests and dessert menu was a disappointment.Special Features:
- Get the burgerMegzyDined on 3/1/2014We have been here three times and it doesn't disappoint. I crave the cheese burger and amazing handcrafted cocktails. Service is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant Friday Evening DinnerCharlesDined on 2/21/2014My friends and I went here for a Friday evening dinner. There is a great selection of cocktails and entrees available. The appetizers could use a lot of work, but the winter soup I had was delicious. My friends had the pork lion and short ribs, which were excellent! Is definitely recommend this place! Our server, Carla, was excellent and provided us with some great recommendations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/16/2014We arrived a few minutes ahead of our reservation. The hostess seemed confused, not sure if she found us on her list or not. We wanted to sit outside but she said no. She was surprised, a bit flustered when I mentioned the people al ready seated on the patio .finally we were seated, inside, the place was busy at 1:30 on a Sunday, but hardly slammed. Drinks were ordered & were slow to arrive. Food ordered and served in under 10". Follow up,was poor. When the server returned, she asked about the food, took no notice of my empty iced tea glass. " Food good? Fine!" Zoom, she's goneSpecial Features:
- Really goodLocalistoDined on 2/15/2014Jump on this one if you haven't. We enjoyed the variety of plates and the energy of the place. It's menu is constantly changing but the Bacon Crackerjack and the Develied eggs we a great start. We finished with the burger, pork loin, crab cakes and short rib. Only thought against was the saltiness of the short rib. Excellent overall. Try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious meal and drinksSpattersonDined on 2/8/2014My husband and I went to H Harper Station with another couple and had an outstanding experience! The food was amazing. Two of us had the catfish sandwich which was excellent. One had the quinoa salad and brussel sprouts which were excellent. We also had the pork fritters, crab cakes, and deviled eggs. The drinks were so good and the drink selection is excellent. Our server was attentive, knowledgable and helpful. Great experience overall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome bourbon cocktails!kacheppyDined on 2/8/2014I've been here many times for drinks and it is a must to hit if you like bourbon and other craft cocktails! This was the first time we went to dinner. The portions are small, but nice. Food was yummy. Service was also lovely. Overall it was a great experience! This is right in our hood and would be a great bi-weekly go-to, but unfortunately, this is not a place that we could go on a regular basis because it's a little pricey for what you get.Special Features:
- Reservations taken, but not kept.SCBeersDined on 2/7/20143 weeks in advance and for a special occasion, reservations were made and then confirmed the day of, before we arrived. Like the Seinfeld skit, they are happy to take the reservation, but don't fully understand the concept. We waited 45 minutes while 3 other parties were seated. Additionally, empty tables were available. To add insult to injury, not a word or apology was mentioned by the staff when they finally sat us. So, $30 at the bar, 45 minute wait time, small portions with a large price tag... I won't be going back or recommending this spot to anyone. Simply put, avoid as if it were the plague.
- Love this place!Sky010Dined on 2/7/2014The fried lobster tail is the best! Great for romantic couples date or for a group dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night FindlovetoeatVIPDined on 1/31/2014The service here is above any place in Atlanta. Warm, friendly, not pushy, not snobby. They make you feel right at home without hovering. The drinks are hip, the food good, the atmosphere is cool. Very low key and casual, nothing pretentious just a great night out!Special Features:
- Brunch spot w. StylefancyfoodDined on 1/26/2014I really enjoyed brunch at H. Harper Station. We were passing through atlanta and were VERY happy to find this little gem right off of I-20. The food was great and the atmosphere was wonderful! The tables are close together, which doesn't lend itself to a very private atmosphere, but the decor and food more than overcome the buzz noise of your neighbors!! I would absolutely recommend this stop to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I loved my experience here,CdreibelbisDined on 1/24/2014I loved my experience here, but I wish I had just had appetizers and drinks because the main courses were not notable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch for 6LiverwurstDined on 1/19/2014Great brunch menu. I highly recommend the shrimp and grits with a Bloody Mary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ServiceTai75Dined on 1/10/2014I received really bad service at this place. The server took entirely too long to bring our drink orders.Special Features:
- New Years Diningipa4meVIPDined on 12/31/2013A very nice prix fixe menu. While we were hoping to enjoy items from the regular menu, the NYE menu was delicious. The entrees were excellent. Our group of six enjoyed all three entrees and combinations of the 4 course meal - ravioli, steak and cod. Nice presentation and decent portions with flavorful accompaniments. The only challenge we experienced was slow service the entire evening - 3 hours was too long. While there was plenty of service/support staff, it appeared that there was only one server taking orders for the entire place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new year's dinnerGrantParkerDined on 12/31/2013Was a lovely dinner on New Year's Eve. First time using Open Table and it worked as advertised. No wait on arrival. As I did not call the restaurant, using Open Table instead, we were unaware until arrival that they were only serving a 4-course dinner that evening. It was a lovely and very delicious meal, however we were hoping for more choices, this being our first time to Harper Station (and I was not expecting a fixed price dinner). We will probably be back to experience some of their other meals, or at least for drinks. The drink menu was quite good. Average drink is about $10 +/-.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food; friendly serviceAlainDuCVIPDined on 12/8/2013Went there for brunch, and everything was first-rate and reasonably priced.Special Features: