Gyu-Kaku - White Plains
169 Main Street
White Plains, NY 10601Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Gyu-Kaku - White Plains
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gyu-kaku.com/
- Phone: (914) 358-5206
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 10:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Executive Chef: You are the Chef!!
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Two Private Dining Rooms with Partial opens. One private Japanese stly party room can fit up to 15 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 9143585206
A word from Gyu-Kaku - White Plains
Gyu-Kaku White Plains is all about fun and food. You are your own chef, cooking tasty morsels perfectly to your liking, right there at your table. It is an ideal way to share a meal with family and friends. Gyu-Kaku has a variety of original sauces which it uses as marinades and provides for basting of its select meats, poultry, seafood and vegetables. Grilled by the customer over a glowing charcoal brazier, each item becomes a unique and delectable taste experience. Enjoy!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Gyu-Kaku - White Plains - Best Restaurants in White Plains ›
Gyu-Kaku - White Plains reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (13)kid-friendly (9)fit for foodies (9)great for lunch (8)hot spot (8)romantic (8)special occasion (7)neighborhood gem (7)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Poor dining "experience".OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/21/2014The server attempted to get us to order more food than we could consume, which was just a way to bring the total cost of dinner up. We ordered cocktails and we had to remind the server to get out meats, and when they did, one of the two was incorrect.
- Dinner for TwoLLum83VIPDined on 11/18/2014Great dinner, we ordered a la carte, service was great, loved the food.. can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to celebrate my Mom's Birthday!ValentineDined on 11/14/2014I decided to take my Mom to this place. I wanted to "change things up". The wait to be seated was about 20mins it was around 8:30 on a Saturday. The place was full.It was not as hard to order as it might seem at first. The prices were reasonable. You build your own meal. My party was 5 people. It was a great table everyone can hear each other speaking as it was not noisy at all. This was great idea and she liked trying the different foods on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manager changed, but hope service won'tYumYumVIPDined on 11/11/2014We noticed manager has changed, or at least one of them left. Hoping their service remain at high level, but we did see some change already: 1. The greeting call from all staff is not fully implemented, and small things aren't followed up. 2. One of the flavor sauce, spicy one, was completely clogged up. How often do them clean them? 3. Table top is flaking or discoloring; cleaning of the table is insufficient before guest arrival, etc... We love this place and try to frequent on business as well as for family lunch/dinner. We hope to see improvements to the above, and hurray to Gyukaku White Plains. P.S. Our server was polite, friendly and professional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great affordable lunchhappytummyVIPDined on 10/27/2014lunch specials are amazing! same high quality but very cheap. friendly attentive service! free ice cream for Facebook check in. love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It could be betterGoodfoodsloverDined on 10/26/2014I have eaten at other Gyukaku before but this particular location meats were not marinated enough. I was not impressed at all.Special Features:
- Lunch DateLLum83VIPDined on 10/25/2014Went to GyuKaku for lunch with my husband. Another GREAT meal, the service is excellent! food is delicious!Special Features:
- Great ..TiphaniaM1993Dined on 10/23/2014food was great and everyone was very nice , even though waiter did not give us our dessert which was suppose to be included , we had to ask for it more than once and he wasnt around as much everything else was perfect drinks , food and location ,.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- different menu than nycOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014Didnt think they would have such a small menu only seafood was salmon especially compared to nyc menu which has everything. No tuna or duck etc
- Amazing!!!!AmazingDined on 10/6/2014The food was AMAZING, the service was 5 stars and the ambient is romantic and fun at the same time. This is A MUST!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2014everything was awesome. i went there on a date. we had the shrimp, basil chicken, spicy prok, fried shrimp rolls. bacon chips and salmon. Everything was delish. You cook the food yourself on a grill thats built in the table. No complaints at all....MUST TRY!! ill be going back again and againSpecial Features:
- Nice for a change from the norm!RUKDNMEDined on 9/4/2014Went here to mix it up a little bit. The room is a little utilitarian, but the food is fresh, delicious and plentiful. Our sever, Cynthia could not have been more accommodating or gracious. Will definitely return!
- outstanding, keeps getting better!happytummyVIPDined on 9/2/2014had a great late lunch. they have happy hour everyday until 6:30 (monday is all day) great prices on food and drinks. the tuna volcano crunch was amazing, and the meats were fresh and affordable. service improved much from previous visits. servers were efficient and everyone, including the manager are always willing to help. everyone is so friendly. great place. tip, they're getting busier now (there were few tables at 3:30pm on a tuesday) so i imagine reservations are recommended on peak hours...Special Features:
- The following 76 reviews are from the Gyu-Kaku - White Plains reviews archive.
- the taste was Japanese !!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014I've been here for a long time,and the foods were difficult for me to get used to and me and my friends wanted to eat Japanese food so we looked for yakiniku and found about your restaurant(Gyu-kaki). We were looking at the internet and we decided to go the white plains restaurant. Because it's quite cheap than the other restaurant which they are in manhattan was much more expensive,we finally determined to eat at your restaurant.When we ate the meat,rice,snack,...we were eating without saying.that means it was really good!you must go there if you love Japanese foods!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still one of my favesNinzDined on 8/29/2014I've gone here a few times now and I still love the food. I usually do the course, and there is more food than you can eat. It's lots of fun to cook your own food on the table and finish it off with some smores.Special Features:
- Fresh and fun!JSGMomof3Dined on 8/26/2014I love this restaurant! The food is amazing fresh and so much fun to cook on the open grill.Special Features:
- Fun and different!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014It was a lot of fun cooking right there at the table ourselves and made it more an activity that keeps the energy up. its great for switching up from the usual type dinner outing. great service and friendly for first timers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- for my first time, EXCELLENT!!!##OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Excellent costumer service. Great food, lovely experience. Will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2014We celebrated my wife's birthday and have planned a family get together a week later. The food, the service and price is something we were not expecting but truly welcomed. The staff was amazing, catered to every single need without a huff or puff. The endless food was enough to feed an army, we did it though! The cuts of meat, the seasoning and amount were spectacular. We are so happy to have found such an awesome place and even though we cooked our own food, we didn't feel like it was a chore. Totes recommend this place!!!!Special Features:
- cost effectivemaanosukeDined on 8/17/2014% of us really enjoyed a lunch menu with very reasonable price, thank you very much.Special Features:
- Japanese BBQmaanosukeDined on 8/10/2014We enjoyed Japanese style BBQ. Food is very delicious and price is very reasonableSpecial Features:
- great!happytummyVIPDined on 7/27/2014great food comfortable ambiance friendly and efficient service. they've improved so much over the last year and lowered the prices . this will definitely be the new 'it' spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, bad experienceLocaleaterDined on 7/25/2014This was my second time at this restaurant and my previous experience during lunch with coworkers was good. This time I brought my wife for dinner. The hostess sat us at probably the worst table in the restaurant. There are 3 tables set inside what looks like a concrete storage area and we were set all the way in the back of this annex, next to the fire exit. Before our dinner was served we asked if it was possible to change tables. We were given a bit of an attitude about our request and we were told it was our fault for not asking soon enough. The situation was not handled well. Made us feel like we were being unreasonable and not welcome.Special Features:
- Great place for Tweens and OlderFoodieDined on 7/21/2014Took my grandchildren here for their birthdays. They love cooking their own food, which is very tasty. Also had a great time making smores for dessert. Plenty of variety to choose from, so something for everyone. Will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- I like itOut2eat11Dined on 7/18/2014It was a very decent dinner, you grill your own food, for 2+ people you may need to order more meat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy HourJanetVIPDined on 7/17/2014We got a lot of bang for the buck, Filet mignon for under $9 ? Who knew ?Special Features:
- Great spot in the neighborhoodUacladyVIPDined on 7/15/2014This is one of my new favorite places in White Plains. It's healthy and a great place to chat. They have great specials and deals that make it easy to try out for less if your not sure but willing to give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencehappytummyVIPDined on 7/4/2014Affordable food, attentive service. Delicious. Their lunch deal is hard to beat. Starts at $5.95 and you have soup, salad, rice and meat! Appetizers are great too. I loved the tuna volcano crunch and Pork Belly Chips. Sukiyaki Bibimbap rice bowl is not only a steal, but absolutely tasty and filling. Service is great. Staff are very friendly. Everyone, even managers are very helpful. Can't wait to come back.Special Features:
- Fun and enjoyableEatgr8VIPDined on 7/3/2014Service staff was so personable and the manager makes personal outreach to customers. All staff are knowledgeable about their offerings and were helpful with allergy concerns. Good suggestions were given for what to order and how much to order. The food was tasty and well prepared for cooking with accurate cooking instructions given. A fun and enjoyable place for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool spotMythoughtsDined on 6/29/2014This was my first time here, and I must say I will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, fun, frolicretireeVIPDined on 6/22/2014We had three beers, two wines and eight dishes for $80 including tax and tip. Loved the addicting cabbage, shrimp, calamari, pork. It reminds me of attending a street fair with so many wonderful little plates.Special Features:
- Father's Day dinnerYumYumVIPDined on 6/15/2014Best waitress served us on Father's Day dinner at Gyukaku White Plains! Courteous, yet very friendly and attentative, with great big smile. Maitredee was also very professional. It was our best experience yet since the restaurant opened. Manager was also busy assisting busy tables. She's one of the best Gyukaku Manager in NY. Better than Manhattan! For someone who knows about Japanese "Yakiniku" and "Gyukaku" in Japan, this place has made lots of service improvements since its opening. I am happy to see the place busy and doing well, continuing to improve. Great job by both Manager and Staff at Gyu-kaku White Plains!!Special Features:
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/9/2014The service was great the food was real good the drinks were also I'd recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very fun interactive experienceStaticlinesDined on 5/29/2014The best part about this is that you get to grill your own meat over a smokeless grill. I went on a first date here and grilling our own food for each other made it very romantic and kept me out of my phone. Also we made s'mores for dessert which was awesome. The waiter did seem like he was new and came around a little too often but he was very courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty and WarmMyraAOVIPDined on 5/26/2014This was my first time at Gyu-Kaku. The food was quite good. My only complaint is that the air conditioning wasn't strong enough. It was a very warm day and sitting in a booth with a warm bbq. We were there for lunch. Mine came with soup. I was too hot to eat it. Might be great for a winter day. I will go back.
- Nice food!!! Bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014Food is really good. You will enjoy a real Japanese BBQ here. But the server seems do not like to serve us, no fill the water when we drink up. Wrong food serving. No smile......Special Features:
- A Nice Surprisebelle0305Dined on 5/24/2014I had my reservations about going to Gyu Kaku because initially I thought it would be mostly raw foods. However, my husband was excited to try this spot so I obliged. The experience was so much fun, tasty, and decently priced. It was so much fun cooking our meats at our table. The chefs prepared everything and all you do is grill your meats and veggies. I know some folks might say that they don't want to pay to cook their own food, but it's definitely worth experiencing. Btw, the drinks aren't included in the course packages, but they only run from $5-$8 during happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/23/2014Great happy hour specials. Kids really enjoy grilling on the table. Try the lamb.Special Features:
- Good food, bad servicesunnydaysDined on 5/17/2014I've been to Gyu Kaku in Times Square & Midtown so I was expecting nothing less than excellent quality. We went on a weekday in the afternoon and there was no wait. Food was good. Waiter was a bit slow and we were given a dirty table spoon. Completely disgusting. Did they forget to wash it? The dirty spoon really ruined how we felt about cleanliness of the restaurant. Probably won't return to this location ever againSpecial Features:
- Amazing!Ninna19Dined on 4/14/2014Amazing food! Amazing people! It's the kind of place that you leave feeling full and happy. It's a great experience overall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.