Gyu-Kaku - Valencia
27025 Mcbean Pkwy
Valencia, CA 91355Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Gyu-Kaku - Valencia
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gyu-kaku.com/ca/valencia.htm
- Phone: (661) 254-2355
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:30AM-4PM
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4PM - 10PM
Friday - Saturday 4PM - 11PM
Sunday 4PM - 9:30PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Barbecue, Japanese, Asian
- Executive Chef: YOU!!
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout
- Entertainment: Booth Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, you're the Chef at your own table!
A word from Gyu-Kaku - Valencia
Social dining - spending time with friends and family - is what Gyu-Kaku (GEW-KAH-KOO) is all about. Gyu-Kaku offers the fun of "shared plates," inspiring laughter, conversation, and good times. You can’t help it.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Gyu-Kaku - Valencia - Best Restaurants in Valencia ›
Gyu-Kaku - Valencia reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (19)great for outdoor dining (11)great for lunch (10)fit for foodies (10)neighborhood gem (10)kid-friendly (9)special occasion (9)late-night find (9)hot spot (7)great for brunch (3)romantic (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- If you try it you'll love itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014My wife was mentioning this place to me for almost a year. I finally got around to taking her and I have to say we should have gone sooner. the place is great, if you're looking for a fun dinner for 2 it's perfect. the happy hour dealers are amazing. there's no way you'll visit this place and not like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downhill SlideOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/18/2014I used to love Gyu-kaku but the quality of the food has really slid downhill in these past few years. Our server brought us the wrong food, forgot orders and charged us double for food we didnt order. The techno music was so loud we had to shout to hear each other.
- First TimeMovieCriticDined on 9/13/2014My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Gyu-Kaku. Our server was very patient to explain how it works. We ordered meats and veggies and had a lot of fun grilling dinner on the built in grills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best yakiniku in Santa ClaritaJacobDined on 9/13/2014The restaurant located in the heart of valencia, great spot for weekend dining and grab some draft sapporo in a frozen beer mug:) (this is my most favorite part lol). Gyu kaku offers small portion dishes which it really good because i can eat many kind of things. The kobe is a little pricey comparing to the portion but it is premium beef not too greasy, and extremely good with lemon and dip in ponzu sauce. Service is great. Servers are pretty!!! Im serious.. Highly recommend this place ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and great ambianceAlexandraDarleneDined on 9/12/2014Great suggestions from server, went for happy hour with my husbandSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre orderOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014Try to pre order your food and dine in. Lunch can take at least an hour if you dont due to prep time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So soYummy2014Dined on 8/23/2014Portions are small. But a unique dining experience. Not going to make it a regular thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spot on StaffgreatstaffDined on 8/6/2014The quality of the food was impressive but the service was what sold me. We never had more then 3 minutes pass without someone checking in on us. All staff were pleasant and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- A Fun PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/4/2014My nine year old gets a kick out of cooking her own food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food.kv323Dined on 7/27/2014We went to this location because we had a groupon. We usually go to other locations but enjoyed Valencia because the service was definitely better. The food is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 28 reviews are from the Gyu-Kaku - Valencia reviews archive.
- Fun TimeDNUTDined on 7/21/2014My wife and I just got finished with Magic Mountain and wanted a late night snack. We found Gyu-Kaku on a internet search and cruised on over. The wait staff was friendly and the food was excellent. We cant wait to come back in October for the Magic Mountain Fright Fest and take the entire family to Gyu-Kaku. We will probably take over the entire outside eating area. dnutSpecial Features:
- first timeBartDined on 7/13/2014heard about from SF valley locations. first impression poor with dirty wine glasses but corrected right away. service was inconsistent. interesting concept and may try againSpecial Features:
- Gyu-KakuWastelandDined on 7/12/2014This restaurant didn't meet my expectations. Authentic Korean BBQ to includes banchan,which it did not.I doubt if some-mores are served in Korea.The beef was tough and sinewy,like chewing on rubber bands.The sauces,served in half-filled grungy bottles on the table looked unappetizing, and lackluster in flavor.Music was blaring much like being in a club, minus the bar and dancing.The noise was deafening to the point where we could barely converse as the servers shouted out continuously. Interaction at our table was non existent so what is the point of even going to this type of restaurant? One of the worst restaurants I've been to and felt badly for the person who paid for this. Will not return or recommend.Special Features:
- Always greatKikusamDined on 6/30/2014We love going here! Mondays are the best because of all day happy hour.Special Features:
- Great food, great staffJediVIPDined on 6/29/2014They're attentive and hard working here. The food is fantastic, and it really gets vibrant during happy hour. I highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good every timeGeorge818Dined on 6/22/2014Have gone back to this place many times with new people, and everyone that has been loved it. Great food, good staff, fast serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SammieDined on 6/15/2014The food is superb. Order their set menu. It is very satisfying!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oknna53992Dined on 6/9/2014The servings were too small for the price. 3 pieces of meat isn't appropriate or practical. Grill was nice. Not enough selections for the sides. Kimchi tasted bad.Special Features:
- Great new restaurant in ValenciagracefVIPDined on 5/6/2014Food and service are excellent. Our only disappointment came by way of the Kobe-style Kalbi short ribs, which were priced at $19.95 for a 6 ounce serving. Really not worth the money. The more reasonably priced Harami Skirt Steak is absolutely delicious and a much better buy than the Kobe short ribs. The waiters and attendants could not have been nicer. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- A place for any occasion!foodfinderDined on 4/20/2014Gyu-Kaku is not your run-of-the-mill Japanese grill restaurant. Everything is fresh and exclusively prepared at top-notch quality. With more than 10 kinds of meat to order from, vegetable sides, differentiated appetizers, and even classic meals like rice or ramen bowls, a great time to go is anytime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Japanese BBQTrueCurtisDined on 4/16/2014We've dined here many times and have had great food and great service everytime. The quality of the food is great and is delivered to the table quickly. The frosty cold beer is fantastic along with the Nagori Unfiltered Sake. This is our favorite Santa Clarita restaurant. I'm a native to this area and I'm happy to have this wonderful new restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monday Happy hour all day!KikusamDined on 4/7/2014We only eat here onmondays for their great happy hour deals. Like always the food was great. Only problem was having one grill for 6 peoples worth of food to cook. So took a little longer to eat but we atill had a fun time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed it!FoodieVIPDined on 3/18/2014Our kids always like it here. They like the grilling activity. Patrick was great with his service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeDarleenVIPDined on 2/28/2014We are treated like a rock star every time we go. Have never had a bad meal. Fresh crisp salads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCEPTIONAL!!!!!!!TROUBLEDined on 2/19/2014SUPERB RESTAURANT.GREAT SERVICE AND PERSONALITY. LOTS OF CHOICESSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time was a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/17/2014First time was a great experience . Great service with great food. Our food was brought out quickly and out waitress was very pleasant. She was patient with our questions and gave us good recommendations . The second time we went the service was pretty bad. It took a very long time to get our order out. While the people next to us arrived 15 mins after us and they were served right away. Both tables had the same waiter. He kept saying that the kitchen was "backed up " and continued to bring dish after dish to the table that was seated after us. They even started BBQ before us !! It was unfair treatment. We didn't order anything out of the ordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- V day dinnermommaluvs2eatDined on 2/14/2014I took my kids for a Valentine's day date and they loved it! My 7 year old asked if he could come back on his birthday which is not for another 7 months! Meat was tasty and melted in my mouth. Happy hour prices are great! I will definitely be back in the near future. I will also come back for mommy night out happy hour. Best part is I live close by so I can walk home after some yummy cocktails.Special Features:
- Best happy hourKikusamDined on 1/20/2014The happy hour prices are amazing and they run happy hour all day on Mondays! Basil chicken was so good considering mostly all the sauces are soy sauce and spicy. We tried all different kinds of meats and all were amazing. You definitely have to try the cheese corn and smores!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun dinnerSherieVIPDined on 1/18/2014We decided to give Gyu-kaku a try before a movie. You order a la carte or from a set menu and you cook your food over hot coals. We decided the a la carte route because we didn't care for much of the items on the set menu. The service was good. We will be back with friends next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An experience...!CzarMeVIPDined on 1/14/2014The food was great! Our server was great at guiding us. Every course got better and better. Can't wait to bring more people with us.Special Features:
- Good food but not so good valueLuv2luvDined on 1/12/2014This place has good food but not so good value. What I mean is, it is less expensive and just as good to eat at Gogi House. Gogi House has basically the same food that is all you can eat for $21.95. For two adults and two small kids under 10, we spent $140 on just good and no drinks. We were still hungry when we left! Thank goodness there was McDonald's on the way home.
- Great Time!JoakaDined on 1/4/2014I went with my wife and a friend, we had a great time! Sake/Sapporo bombs, extra pitchers, light food, the girls were good! Made for a very fun and exciting night!Special Features:
- Amazing food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/2/2014We've been to this place 3 times since they open in Valencia and the food is always outstanding just like the service! Highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time dining at thisTimvDined on 1/2/2014Second time dining at this restaurant. It's my new favorite spot. Service is great and food is wonderful. We love the happy hour pricing and even got a visit from the manager to check on us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodFoodieVIPDined on 12/29/2013We enjoyed our experience because it is interactive. My kids had fun grilling their meats & vegetables. We sat almost happy hour period. We asked to be charged for happy hour prices. Manager agreed. But bill came to 75% only were charged correctly at happy hour charges by the server.Special Features:
- AwesomeDarleenVIPDined on 12/25/2013Best restaurant in Santa Clarita. Fresh, crisp, cold salads with tender meats. Great calamari.. Noodles and rice dishes wonderful. Love every single employee in the place. Very efficient, pleasant and caring. Only problem we have is noise level and uncomfortable booths.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 12/24/2013Staff are very welcoming. Food comes out quickly. Service was EXCELLENT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcome to ValenciaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/23/2013Now open on Monday for Happy Hour all day Great food with the fun of grilling it at your table The veggies are fresh and flavorful the meat is Well seasoned. Dont forget to try the spicy tuna volcano roll As an sppetizer. Finish dinner off with smores.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.