Gyu-Kaku - Torrance
24631 Crenshaw Blvd
Torrance, CA 90505Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Gyu-Kaku - Torrance
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gyu-kaku.com/
- Phone: (310) 325-1437
- Hours of Operation:
Daily 11:30am–4pm (last call)
Mon–Sat 4pm–11:30pm (last call)
Sun 4pm–10:30pm (last call)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Barbecue, Japanese
- Executive Chef: You!!
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant would love to host your special occasion dinner or private parties for 10 to 30 people! We offer custom made pre-fix menu on top of our several course meals. We will be more than happy to work with you personally to ensure your party is a special and memorable one. Please contact us for details!!
- Private Party Contact: Manager 3103251437
A word from Gyu-Kaku - Torrance
**View Monthly Specials by CLICKING HERE** "The best Japanese export since Sushi!" Gyu-Kaku (gew kah koo) is all about fun and food! At Gyu-Kaku you are your own chef cooking over binchotan (white charcoal) fired table-top roasters. All of our barbecue items are served with savory marinades to entice terrific flavor from premium cuts of beef, rare-to-find pork and poultry, and fresh seafood and vegetables. Our desserts, such as Chocolate Fondue and Dorayaki Ice Cream are truly delicious and enjoyable too. Premium Japanese Sake and Shochu cocktails are sure to make your meal very colorful. Never tried Japanese barbecue before? No problem! We have several course meals with our best selling items to initiate you, and our friendly staff is always dedicated to making your dining experience at Gyu-Kaku a memorable one each and every time!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerJapanese
Gyu-Kaku - Torrance - Best Restaurants in Torrance ›
Gyu-Kaku - Torrance reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (38)fit for foodies (31)great for lunch (26)late-night find (23)special occasion (22)neighborhood gem (20)hot spot (20)romantic (10)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (7)vibrant bar scene (3)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- SO GOOD!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014we had to wait like 10 min even though we had reservations but over all the food was amazing and our server was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2014A favorite place for happy hour. Great food and pricesSpecial Features:
- Happy Hour is the Best here!BvaldezDined on 11/2/2014One of my favorite restaurants! Come here during happy hour and save a huge!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeniseDined on 10/30/2014Went for a birthday dinner and really enjoyed everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- oishiCSV71Dined on 10/11/2014food is really good. love the seasoning too. nice ambiance. servers are really friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- same as always.ArlovskiVIPDined on 10/7/2014Awesome, Great service great food great specials!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- feeling rushedpznluv04Dined on 10/3/2014Felt they were rushing us to so we can leave. Was incorrectly over charged on our drinks. Server was very pleasant and nice atmosphere.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choiceJenhulaDined on 9/27/2014Great selections of delicious food choices for a group or just for 2.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must go!mopasghettiDined on 9/27/2014The service was wonderful and the food was fresh and delicious. Happy hours prices are the best. What fun to talk and cook and have a great time and not be stuck in the kitchen.Special Features:
- changehonestyDined on 9/20/2014Love the place. Hate the constant removal of good dishes. Some change is great, but if something is not broken. Leave it be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Card carring member.Ochan318Dined on 9/17/2014One of the best think I have done in the last 2 years was to get a Gyu-Kaku card. Not only do you get great food with great service, but the points you save adds up fast! The happy hour can not be equal by any other restaurant. I love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The checkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Once my party and I were ready to leave it took a while for the server to pick up our check long enough that I was personally stopped by my company from simply going to the front to pay . My experience was great until thanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seating...OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/6/2014i high recommend they should not seat people near the kitchen or the restroom.. My mom was totally upset when we started smelling bleach while we were eating.. NEVER again will we be seated by the kitchen or bathroom.Special Features:
- Good placeLoveGoodFoodDined on 9/5/2014This is a good place if you are looking for a place where you can get a good deal. For $55 for two people you can get the meat lover BBQ. The better deal is if you have four people. I think the best deal is lunch however. For four people it's a $100 for a prefixed menu and it is a lot of food. Then on the weekend for $7 you get bottomless mimosa's. Not bad. For a family trying to save a few bucks and want a night out this is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud, loud, loudOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2014This restaurant is terribly loud, which takes away from the fun, communal experience of cooking together. I hate it when I leave a spot and my voice is tired and my ears are ringingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place with excellent service!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Excellent service!!!!! Nice choice of premium meats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BBQ experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014We bought the 39.99 dinner for two. Food was very good. We could have easily fed 3 people. Wish they had a light eaters menu for a little less money. Perhaps they could offer a 30.00 for two with less food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Hour MondayAirfoxDined on 8/18/2014the all day happy hour on monday is a steal! make sure to check out the happy hour combo. Food is great and staff are awesome!Special Features:
- Good for happy hourDtran41Dined on 8/18/2014Happy hour prices for the quality of food cannot be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food as always, service lackedKMK13Dined on 8/17/2014Love the consistent quality of Gyu Kaku, but our server was often nowhere to be found and held us upSpecial Features:
- ViperVIPDined on 8/17/2014Outstanding restaurant with great food. Nobu and Rosey are wonderful servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miss old managmentClaudioDined on 8/8/2014I been going to this place for years, but ever since they change owners the quality is not the same. Food is still good though, but they do not use the coals anymore, they don't have bibimba and the music level and choice is terrible and very very noisy.Special Features:
- deliciousmisskreneeDined on 8/6/2014food was amazing :) ill always be a regular. keep up the good work.Special Features:
- Hungry and Disappointedfoodie1980Dined on 8/4/2014The waitress left lots of dirty plates at our table, got our order incorrect and overcharged us. The prices are high with very small portions. I was still hungry and I was very disappointed.
- The following 661 reviews are from the Gyu-Kaku - Torrance reviews archive.
- dinner datesiegeDined on 7/25/2014it's a good dining experience for couples... and even friends... great selection of food... plus it's something new...Special Features:
- Disappointed: Gyu-Kaku OverratedActiveEaterDined on 7/23/2014I took my family to celebrate my wife's birthday. Mentioned it in the comments field when I made the reservation through OpenTable as well as to the person managing the seating at the restaurant. Nothing happened. I even brought a candle and some matches but at the end of the meal, all we got was the check. It was very embarrassing for me and my children and probably disappointing for my wife although she was quite graceful about it. Our party of 5 got the worst table in the restaurant - right outside the bathrooms and in front of the servers station where they enter orders and place dirty dishes. Gyu-Kaku gets 2 stars for the meat which was ok but this is a restaurant where we cook it ourselves. We will NOT be going back.
- Gyu-Kaku TorranceNorrisDined on 7/22/2014I've been to different Gyu-Kaku restaurants, and they're all different because some may be franchisees. However, the quality of the food is almost always excellent. The ambiance here is fine, but there are some others that are plus or minus. I give this Gyu-Kaku a "Good" rating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014Had a wonderful time. Waitress are very helpful and friendly. Lot of food choices. Good for happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missing...YummyVIPDined on 7/22/2014They don't have 1 of my favorite miso Yaki shabu.. this time..hopefully next Tues they have it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but same mistakebishopVIPDined on 7/19/2014For the second or third time already, the draft beer was not working. It is the beer special and the tap is out of order.... AGAIN! Is this a business strategy or just consistently bad managing? Especially with the beer special, at least have a backup plan for that. It makes no sense to not have a backup. Service is always top notch and food is always consistently good. Just need to do something about that beer issue.Special Features:
- Great foodLVJ48Dined on 7/19/2014This is a great place to get together and try your hand at tableside cooking. The food selections are great and allows you to sample different meats for a great price. If this is your first visit and you make it for happy hour, try one of the sample menus. It is worth the price and gives you a great variety. Also, the drinks and beer aren't bad either.Special Features:
- Small portionsluv2dine8VIPDined on 7/18/2014The food tastes good here, but you don't get very much for your money, even for dineLA.
- We'll be backGandBDined on 7/17/2014It was our first time here. Now that we understand the menu options we will be back. The food was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedNobsVIPDined on 7/16/2014This place falls short of the average bbq in Koreatown, by a wide margin -- from meat to veggies, less interesting! And the service was lousy. We ordered green tea, the waiter refilled with coffee and then insisted it was just "different" green tea. We returned it and received no replacement. Not recommended.
- nice happy hour placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/16/2014food is okay but not super fancy and high quality. the atmosphere is good for a happy hour after workSpecial Features:
- Worth It!pandasandfoodDined on 7/11/2014I enjoyed Gyu-Kaku immensely. I was constantly hearing how great it was from my friends and I decided it was time to try it out. I strongly recommend making reservations as they will turn people away if they are too busy. Our waiters were on top of it constantly refilling our drinks, asking if we were OK and etc. We went with the meat lovers special and we weren't disappointed and we ordered a few others we were curious about. It's recommended to get about 2-3 plates per person. Overall it was a great dining experience and I would do it again. They have great happy hour specials of you can reserve yourself a table during those times. A fair warning though, its on the louder end and pricer than other places similar. But its worth it!! :D Go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite RestoYummyVIPDined on 7/8/2014Manager cares a lot and crew are attentive to the customersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded my expectations!MinniemeDined on 7/5/2014I've never actually had Japanese BBQ before but I'm glad that I came to Gyu Kaku to try it for the first time! Came with two other girls & we ended up ordering the happy hour meal for 2 (smallest one/$40) & it was perfect for the three of us! We all ended up being really full & they even gave us 3 sets of smores for dessert even though only 2 is usually given. The quality of the meat was V-E-R-Y good! The server also informed us of the grilling times for each meat & was very attentive. I also ordered a lychee saketini because it was happy hour ($3, marked down from $5) & it was ok, but I wont be getting it again. The experience there was awesome & I can't wait to bring my other family/friends back to try this!Special Features:
- Happy Hour!!HappyDinerDined on 7/4/2014Such a good deal for Happy Hour! Staff were friendly which only added to the overall great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JessicaVIPDined on 7/4/2014We are the all you can eat special and our waiter checked in us in the beginning only and missed couple of items that we ordered