Gyu-Kaku - Rancho Cucamonga
7893 Monet Street
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91739Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Gyu-Kaku - Rancho Cucamonga
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gyu-kaku.com/
- Phone: 9098994748
- Hours of Operation:
Mon–Fri 12pm–5pm (last call)
Sat & Sun 11am–5pm (last call)
Mon–Thu 5pm–10:30pm (last call)
Fri & Sat 5pm–11:30pm (last call)
Sun 5pm–10pm (last call)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Barbecue, Japanese, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: You!
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Your party is our party. If we can assist you in any way to host a large party or special occasion dinner, please let us know. We offer custom-made prix-fixe menus as well as tailored seating arrangements to best suit your needs. We are more than happy to work personally with you, step-by-step, to ensure that your party is a great one. We also have private dining rooms for approximately 12 and 30 guests, respectively. Contact us for large or private party requests to ensure space.
- Private Party Contact: Tirza Anditta, Manager 9098994748
A word from Gyu-Kaku - Rancho Cucamonga
Social dining - spending time with friends and family - is what Gyu-Kaku (GEW-KAH-KOO) is all about. Gyu-Kaku offers the fun of ‘shared plates,’ inspiring laughter, conversation, and good times. You can’t help it – with a personal grill installed at every table, everyone instantly becomes an expert cook. The staff at Gyu-Kaku are friendly, leading you through the night with helpful suggestions. The sounds around you are of parties and laughter - the perfect choice for first dates, families, and catching up with friends. Gyu-Kaku, meaning "Horn of the Bull" in Japanese provides the authentic Japanese Yakiniku (barbeque) dining experience where our customers share premium cooked meats over a flaming charcoal grill while sipping on Japanese Sake, Shochu and frosty cold beers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerJapanese
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Gyu-Kaku - Rancho Cucamonga - Best Restaurants in Rancho Cucamonga ›
Gyu-Kaku - Rancho Cucamonga reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (59)special occasion (56)great for lunch (42)fit for foodies (36)hot spot (28)late-night find (28)kid-friendly (26)romantic (25)neighborhood gem (22)vibrant bar scene (21)great for brunch (16)notable wine list (5)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We went with friends a gain but this time they brought their teenage sin. Needless to say he was in his eaven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for something different!lindsmariepDined on 8/16/2014Food was really good and different. It was over 100 degrees outside so being inside with a full restaurant and grills on every table made it very hot inside as well. We were a little uncomfortable but made it work. Our server was just ok... kinda slow but they were busy. The 2 person meal was a ton of food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible ServiceGreenEyesDined on 8/10/2014We waited 22 min before someone even took our order! Didn't get our drinks refilled till the end of visit. Wasn't given enough place settings. Worst visit I have ever experienced at this location!Special Features:
- Could have been betterTime2DineDined on 8/9/20143 set menus, no substitutions. They have ala carte, which is much more expensive. It was a little disappointing and the waitress was not very professional or accommodating. We sat at the bar first and our cheese wontons had no cheese twice, so we finally gave up on that.Special Features:
- Keep your eyes open...CupcaknDined on 8/8/2014Watch your receipt, the servers are quite busy and will charge you for items they never actually bring out. They'll blame it on a backed up kitchen, and then disappear for nearly 30min at a time. Other than that, food was okay. Worked out for our birthday dinner.Special Features:
- Could be betterBrwnfoodieDined on 8/7/2014Seemed like they didn't care about anything. Main meats should come after my appetizers. There was nothing exciting about the food everything was under seasoned. Waste of money. If I could describe the food it would be FAKE.Special Features:
- Delicious as always!LinaDined on 8/2/2014I always have great service here the servers are on top of it all. Made a reservation and walked in and got sat right away :)Special Features:
- Gyu🎶 Gyu 🎶yummyinmytummyDined on 7/29/2014I love Gyu-kaku. Great food, "Happy Hour" even tho you go H.A.M n still end up spending 60 bucks for two. I'm always satisfied with my meal. Worth every pennySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Same as usual..LaReinaVIPDined on 7/28/2014But a lot of my fave items have been removed from the menu. No more Bud Light, garlic rice, or lobster nuggets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has been betterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/28/2014This visit was a bit disappointing in terms of level of service. We had a reservation, but it took a while to find us a table. Then when we were seated no server came to the table. I had to get up and ask someone to check who our server was. The food was good as usual, but the experience was just a bit frustrating initially.Special Features:
- Great PlaceGoodRestaurantCriticDined on 7/25/2014Had several good experiences here. Will always comeback! Food is great, environment is perfect, service was good. Good beer selection and happy hour is really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for 1st date, not for foodieFitfoodieDined on 7/25/2014This was my 1st experience here. I was nicely greeted, especially arriving 5 min. later than my reservation, the staff was polite and professional. My whole party was not there (4 out of 7), however they sat us anyway. I've done "yakiniku" in Japan as well as Korean BBQ. I wasn't expecting the different flavors and sauces available, so this was a plus. The Happy Hour menu for 2 is a big portion and was worth the price we paid for the amount. I was fully satisfied with the food. Service lacked as it was busy, forgot refills/drinks asked for. However, the ramen and gyoza that my brother ate was not up to par. Seemed like the frozen/packaged stuff from the Asian market. Would recommend for a date and for the BBQ, not other foods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Happy HourNicoleCDined on 7/21/2014They have an awesome happy hour every day and all day Sunday and Monday. Always make reservations because they get busy. Food and service is always amazing. They also have a pretty decent rewards program that's only 1$ to start.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was goodnicoofthedeadDined on 7/19/2014I love gyu Kaku and their food is always good. It's a fun experience to cook your own food. The only thing I didn't like was that the discontinued doing garlic rice, which was my favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatliveth1splaceDined on 7/18/2014Fun place to eat n kick it with friends love the food n the beer.I will go back to eat here againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- location worth looking past servicelandiDined on 7/14/2014I've been coming to this Gyu for over a year because I love its location. The food is always delicious and I never leave less than satisfied or less than completely stuffed! I like trying new things all the time and haven't met an item I didn't like. The only thing I don't like about this location is the staff. There are a few gems on the team but I am usually greeted by a really grouchy woman who looks annoyed when people come in and put their name down. There have been times when our waitress forgot we existed, where she'd come by on her routine "how's everything going?" and we'd ask for another beer or refills and she'd nod and never come back.Special Features:
- Well WornArtemisVIPDined on 7/11/2014Gyu-Kaku is a good place to dine if you want to cook your own food.There a fair amount of smoke and a lot of heat from the grill in the middle of the table, so you do have to be careful not to get burned.Eating there is a fun experience, but there is a bit of work involved.A fairly good value for the food, which was of good quality and we did fill up quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dining experienceFoodcriticDined on 7/5/2014This is a great place to eat but please note do not order the meal for 6 because it takes wayyyyyy too long to cook all the meat you get on one tiny grill. We were there over two hours long after we were full just to finish cooking the meat to take home. This place is great for a party of two but not a large group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hands down, the best place!MARIA6167VIPDined on 7/4/2014I absolutely love coming here! I've been here 3 times now in 1 month!! The 1st & last time we got the same lady who took our order and she is absolutely the best! Very sweet & friendly. I feel bad about not remembering her name, (blame it on the delicious Saki!, lol). All 3 times she's helped us, we've sat right behind the reception area, this last time it was party of 4 @ 7:30. If you were our waiter, thank you! You were awesome! We'll be back soon :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too hot and ignoredDreaDined on 7/4/2014We were placed in the room separate from the open area of the restaurant. The room was extremely hot and we were placed in the corner where we were ignored. We noticed the table in front of us was repeatedly empty because all who were sat there couldn't stand how hot the room was. We had to go look for our waitress to get service and refills on our drinks. One instance it took out waitress 15 minutes to bring out refill. We have been to Gyu a Kaku before but we had never had this awful service.Special Features:
- Overall great placeGoodRestaurantCriticDined on 6/27/2014Great place, good food, fun atmosphere. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor servicepoorwaitressDined on 6/25/2014The food was ok but the service was poor. The waitress never brought either of my children's rice she brought our veggies an hour before our meat even came. Took her a long time to refill my drink then when I looked over our bill she had charged us full price for certain items even tho it was happy hour. I had them fix it and ended up getting our smores for free but wasn't happy w service and there food isn't the same as it once was. All in all wasn't happy w it at all.Special Features:
- Yummy!MARIA6167VIPDined on 6/22/2014I can't believe it has taken me this long to discover this awesome restaurant! My family and I had an excellent time here. The food was super good and plenty! My Son who is a meat lover, had one of the best times eating here. Prices are very reasonable and the Happy Hour prices are even better! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really loudpomeranianlovahVIPDined on 6/20/2014The food is great! Everything comes pretty quickly and it's up to you to mess it up. It's easy to cook your own food. They have instructions for you in case you're a newbie, but since I cook at home a lot, it was a cinch.Special Features:
- Fathers day dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/15/2014The service was very slow , our waiter forgot many items. We are regulars here so this was a one time mishap , will still come back.Special Features:
- Not that greatSandyRedDined on 6/15/2014We had heard that this was a great place, but upon arrival the bar service was slow, the floor and tables were sticky, trash in the aisles and on floor, and the bathrooms had grafitti on it. It was a novel place, but we won't be returning. Yuck.Special Features:
- Another good mealBeachlove58Dined on 6/15/2014The place is great to eat. The food definitely gets me to come back. The service is usually a hit and miss. You never know if you get a good server but it's the food that reels you in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhhhAndri01Dined on 6/13/2014The food was good, kind of noisey. It's a good spot for couples. My party had six and food took forever to cook, half of my party was starving waiting for their turn to cook. Service was HORRIBLE!!!!! Our waiter forgot about us 80% of the time, they ran out of beer mugs, I would not return.Special Features:
- Hostess was not courteousblahDined on 6/12/2014Made a reservation for 2 at 8:30pm. Showed up on time, but added 2 more to the list. I advised Cathee (the hostess) of the addition. In a condescending tone, she asked if the entire party was present. I responded, yes. Then she says that my name will be called in a few minutes. We advised them that we will be waiting at the bar, (which is 5 steps away). 20 min later, I check in with her. Apparently, she called my name but I didn't respond, so our place in line was skipped. She leaves, and another hostess steps up. I ask her if my name was called and she stated that it was never called and that we will be seated shortly. Other than that, our server was great! Food was good too. Too bad Cathee almost ruined it for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodBibamusDined on 5/30/2014I go here at least a couple times a month. Food is good. Service isn't bad. Bar is always busy and happy hour specials can't be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A unique experience.ALiKEDined on 5/24/2014Gyu-Kaku is a unique diniing experience if your looking to get out of the same restaurant routine. You will grill your own food, with many meats and fish. Don't forget to order your Smores ! Great happy hour too...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place was fun!fun4diningDined on 5/17/2014Took my 20 something kids and friends here for a birthday celebration-we had a great time! Happened to be there after 9pm for their happy hour prices, which are very reasonable. We ordered a "package" recommended for 2 and had plenty for 4. All in all, a great night! Look to the "recommended" items-there for a reason!Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/14/2014This was my second time going to Gyu-Kaku and it won't be the last! Service is equally as important as the food and both my boyfriend and I were extremely impressed. Our waitress was informative and very attentive. Our drinks were never empty! Overall it was a great dining experience and I have already recommended this restaurant to several friends and family members.Special Features:
- Love this placeSGTsnakeDined on 5/11/2014Love this place as always. My only wish that day was that in there "packed/booked reservations," that they could have accommodated the addition of 2 more people. They weren't even packed at all, plenty of space available when we dined.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing...dougiefreshDined on 5/11/2014I have a 10yr old daughter and a 8yr old son they enjoyed their time at the restaurant so much that's all they talked about for two days. The food was AMAZING and the kids enjoyed cooking for their mom on mothers day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was gooodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Overall pretty good, hopefully to be coming here again soon! (:Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation not requiredOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014I had a reservation for 11:15am on Mother's Day. Party of 4 checked in at 11am. They did not seat us until 11:17. They sat everyone else that did not have a reservation before us, in other words, the walk ins were already sitting down with drinks before we got to our table.
- Party of OneLaReinaVIPDined on 5/7/2014I was by myself but I still got good service. I made the reservation for two but was cancelled on and they still gave me a great table.Special Features:
- The following 721 reviews are from the Gyu-Kaku - Rancho Cucamonga reviews archive.
- Fun and interactiveNumnumsDined on 4/29/2014My mom and 10-year-old daughter loved it. Cooking your own food on a tiny grill was a blast for her. Beware though; all those small orders add up fast! Even during happy-hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious foodphan282002Dined on 4/27/2014food was great, but service was definitely lacking this time (it's my 2nd time eating here). the server forgot about our other meats (we got the happy hour course) and miso soups until the end, when we were about to pay and some of the dishes were already collected. will definitely come back again though. wait wasn't long at all because we made reservations online an hour beforehand. my bf and his bros recommend the chicken garlic noodles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.