Gyu-Kaku - Miami
34 SW 13th St.
Miami, FL 33130Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Gyu-Kaku - Miami
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gyu-kaku.com/fl/miami.htm
- Phone: 3054008915x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Friday: 11:30am - 12:00am - Saturday: 11:30am - 12:00am, Sunday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Gyu-Kaku - Miami
Gyu-Kaku"s specialty is Yakiniku where our guest become chefs, cooking up a variety of luscious marinated meats, along with a wide variety of delectable dishes, served with our invigorating spirit and sublime atmosphere, you will definitely enjoy your experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerJapanese
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Gyu-Kaku - Miami - Best Restaurants in Downtown Miami ›
Gyu-Kaku - Miami reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (34)special occasion (21)fit for foodies (17)neighborhood gem (13)great for lunch (13)late-night find (12)hot spot (10)romantic (10)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (7)great for outdoor dining (3)notable wine list (2)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Hidden gem in brickellWilsonDined on 8/31/2014Amazing food and experience! Hidden gem in brickell.. Go on Sundays it's happy hour all day long! The steamed shrimp dumplings and the duck are personal favs but everything on the menu tastes great! Great for date nights and not super expensive for a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in a looking cheap placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Do not be discouraged by looking cheap laminated menus with photos! The food is great! They have a limited choice of appetizers and don't have sushis or sashimis. But the quality of appetizer is very very high! We also enjoyed delicious fried rice with shrimps. The speciality of that place is that you may cook your food right in front of you at every table. The menu carries an extensive list of different kinds of meat. Its funny though that literally nobody did that when we were there and the place was packed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a different experience!GauchaemMiamiDined on 8/16/2014It's a nice place! It's different because we can cook on the table! Therefore, be prepared to take the smoky smell with you! There are few chairs and sitting on a bench is nor quite confortable! The food was good! The plates can be shared. I think it's a different taste and experience that is worth trying!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun reunionFoodieVIPDined on 8/13/2014This was the 3rd time in 3 months to come here with a large group, and had another fun great reunion dinner! Meat was great as usual, and also the salad is excellent. S more's at the end is a cherry on the top!Special Features:
- The 3rd time here, and still greatFoodieVIPDined on 8/4/2014We were there for lunch with another large group, and all had plenty of food and had a lot of fun grilling, eating and chatting!Special Features:
- Food is goodMoniqueTheFoodieDined on 7/27/2014.... But Went back a second time & the service was equally as bad as the first. Wait staff takes forever to bring you essentials. First visit, bottled water- 20 minutes! Second visit, rice bowls- we had to ask several times while our rice was getting cold. Other minor service details must be improved upon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- servicemanmanDined on 7/22/2014The food was great, but the service was a little bad! People always forgot what I ordered!Special Features:
- A fun interactive eating experienceMichelleV26Dined on 7/19/2014I had been to the one in New York with some Japanese colleagues and this restaurant did not disappoint. The group had a great time, tried all different types of meats and it was definitely an experience cooking on our own personal grill. Everyone loved it and the food was great!! The only thing this place really needs improvement on is their selection of spirits! Kinda weak.Special Features:
- Good timemichyVIPDined on 7/14/2014I had been to this restaurant in LA and had a grea time. This location definitely did not disappoint. Great food, great service and decent price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch deal!FoodieVIPDined on 7/8/2014We were here for a large group dinner before, and enjoyed it very much. We came this time for lunch with a smaller group, and it's a great deal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was unbelievable!NomiVIPDined on 7/3/2014I love the chain (yes, chain) Gyu-kaku. Normally, when dining at this restaurant you get the full service top to bottom, no questions asked! Umfortunately, the Miami location was the worst that we have encountered. The wait staff never explained to our friends who were first timers, what was what , etc. The waiter was slow and had no clue. It is unfortunate because the restaurant itself offers very good food at reasonable prices. Sad, really...Special Features:
- Great Service!TorontofoodieDined on 6/30/2014I have gone to the one in Chicago, and enjoyed it! So I thought to bring my sister for her first time. This location was 10x better than Chicago. Amazing service, on top of everything. They changed the grill very frequently which made it so impressive. In Chicago, I had to ask the waiters to change it. Quick service, amazing food.. just what we were looking for! Highly recommend this location. Thanks for a enjoyable experience. Just set the standards, and when going to other cities, I will be comparing it to this experience. Never had such great service! Very friendly staff members!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGGGGcochiDined on 6/28/2014I went to the New York restaurant 5 years ago and I was amazed by this place. The food is awesome the atmosphere is great. I was super excited when I heard it was coming to Miami and it didn't disappoint at all. It was wonderful, delicious and the ambiance and waiter were very nice. I cant wait to go again. I recommend the kobe beef, noodles (yum) and green tea dessert (to die for)!!!Special Features:
- Trendy and TastySugartime4Dined on 6/21/2014We were a party of 8, celebrating a birthday. Gyu-kaku is an evening of fun, but expensive! Great variety of specialty drinks, served large but weak on alcohol. Bar had no Crown Royal and hot sake had to be sent back to be heated. The menu is huge and the choices for individual or combo orders is confusing. Once ordered, our individual table grills were started and table was slammed with food. We asked servers to slow down so we could savor the evening! The fun begins as you start grillin'. Lots of beef, poultry and seafood choices. Each plate ($8-15) has a few slices of raw protein or veggies to grill. The skimpy Kobe was $17. B-day cake was comped and s'mores were fun. You won't be "stuffed" but it's a fun evening. ($50 or more pp)Special Features:
- Good food & service!FoodieVIPDined on 6/2/2014We were a large group, but they accommodated us in the back room very nicely. All of our teenage kids and parents had a great food, and a lot of fun BBQing meat, veggies and s'mores! We all said, we hava to come back here again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Energy was great. service was ok.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/26/2014I would go back again just to see energy of a different waiter/waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the best Japanese restaurantmrkrownDined on 5/16/2014Great service and exelent food. Great for family dinners or group dinners. Not too noicy you can tell everyone is having a good time the staff is very welcoming and the fod selection is just amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for the whole familyManny32VIPDined on 5/11/2014Who doesn't like to cook their own food? The prices are cheap enough to sample many meat dishes. The best part...the SMORES dessert! Gotta try it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/10/2014music was too loud. it was hard to have a normal conversation without having to yell. you can even hear the staff (if you are seated close to the kitchen) yelling at each other. we ordered a fixed-course menu, the meat came in installments. poor service. the food was very good, but the service definitely needs improvement.
- ServerMiamipandaDined on 5/10/2014Great atmosphere, delicious foods and drinks, impeccable service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just like in JapanMobileOneDined on 5/10/2014I've been at Gyu-kaku in Japan and the restaurant and food is pretty similar if not identical with few exceptions. It is on the pricy side if you want to get very satisfied but worth the quality and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 17 reviews are from the Gyu-Kaku - Miami reviews archive.
- Fun spot!Manny32VIPDined on 5/2/2014Good for the family to cook their own food. Succulent pieces of meat very savory. Although most were a little salty and you really have to like their marinades. Fun to do in a group but it does take a while prepare for a least 1.5 -2 hours being there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No space in tablesmiguelDined on 4/26/2014The seats were uncomfortable. Not have room for the feet. The tables are too attached to people. The food was normal. Normal service.
- Fun ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/26/20145 of us were very excited to try Gyu Kaku especially my BFF since she has been to one in another location. The atmosphere was modern and none of us walked out hungry or with our clothes smelling like BBQ (this is not true with many Asian Korean BBQ places). We had a fun experience cooking in the grill, especially with our s'mores desserts. Overall I would recommend this place. The only thing I wasn't too impressed with was the Kobe beef. I was expecting better quality for the price.Special Features:
- Incredible experienceNorthBayVillageFoodieDined on 4/19/2014This restaurant is a must do in Miami! Twice! It's great entertainment cooking your own food in the BBQ pit, but I was also unexpectedly thrilled at how the food, start to finish, was exceptional quality. The Korean dumplings were the best I've even had, amazing fresh-off-the-farm tasting salad, steak that melts in the mouth, etc. The restaurant is quite new, thus impeccably decorated in contemporary Asian high style and spotlessly clean. The prices are very reasonable, but if you're starving you can still run up a bill. 2 beers and stuffing ourselves ran about $40. Service was competent: friendly and reasonably knowledgeable, but as is true with most restaurants these days, it's a weird team effort with multiple servers. Rush down!Special Features:
- Disappointed VisitmidoparisDined on 4/1/2014Only the ambience is good. The food was not that fresh; my husband and I both had stomachaches after eating there. The service was the most disappointed part, the server seemed to be overwhelmed and made several mistakes on our order. Honestly, I will not come back to Gyu Kaku ever again.
- The second time experienceStalkerBoDined on 3/29/2014Great taste of BBQ beef, and the seafood & veggies are not as great as beef, but still keep a high-quality. The surrounding is quiet and comfortable in general, except some customers made some noises. The service is good enough to fit the level and reputation of the restaurant, sincere and enthusiasm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as expectedHkFoodieDined on 3/14/2014It was our first time dining in this restaurant. We had expected to be good because of all the positive reviews. When we personally experienced the service and food it was quite disappointing. All of us are foodie and enjoy dining out but as we received our appetizers it all went bad. The food was disappointing. The server was not attentive and some of the food we ordered was missing. Overall experience was disappointing.Special Features:
- new inovative amazing Restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/10/2014Great place to eat. Happy hour is excellent drink and food included. New experince in cooking. I recomend this place to anyone that will like to enjoy a good time with wife , girlfriend or friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food better atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/3/2014The food there was great I went with my girlfriend and we both loved it. I suggest to order meats from the alacarte menu that way you can order exactly what you would like.Special Features:
- Great BBQ for groups!ihern06VIPDined on 2/22/2014We were a party of 6 and really enjoyed our experience. We ordered the meal for 4 and another for 2 to get a variety of meats and appetizers and it was worth it. We were all full! The cheese dumplings and miso chilli chicken wings are a must. I wish we had more s'mores! Music was a little loud but overall, fun, and food was easy and quick to cook. Plus, we didn't smell like food when we left which happens at other "fondue" places. I definitely recommend giving it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badcatalanDined on 2/21/2014Food correct, good service. But a bit expensive for what they offer.Special Features:
- Theme diningGmanDined on 2/15/2014Food is not fit for a foodie but there is a time when u would visit . Theme restaurant on same level of a Benihana .. Great for birthdays but would not go there for a culinary experience . It is what it is . Fun to cook food but gets old after the first strip of steak . Good service and well executedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, slow serviceAnonymousDined on 1/25/2014I'll start by saying the food was good. Nothing outstanding, but we enjoyed everything. We had the steamed dumplings, miso chicken wings (probably the best item of the night), and a variety of meats to grill after the appetizers. Our night was soured by the terrible service though. We were at our table for nearly 30 minutes before we were even acknowledged. I did not receive my water until after we were done with our appetizers and after I had asked for it 4 times. It was a Saturday night, but it was not terribly busy, so I just don't know what the hold up was with everything. For the two of us, we were there for over 2 hours. Considering 3 tables that came in an hour after us finished when we did, that felt like a very long time.Special Features:
- great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/25/2014Beautiful clean restaurant with energetic,smiling staff.The whole restaurant greets you as you are led to your table . The food is delicious well seasoned and fresh and beautifully presented.We had a great time!Special Features:
- Gyu-Kaku is an experienceMkksDined on 1/20/2014Definitely a try. Not as great as other locations. They are new and need a few months to reach the superb level of other locations in the quality of the prepared foods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/18/2014A lot of choices of small dishes. Delicious food and fun to share with everyone at the table. Will definitely go back often. Good for all ages. Our grandkids loved it and as did the whole family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/17/2014I have been to the branch of the restaurant in Chicago..and hence the dissapointment. The taste, the food, the menu are not up to the standards I expected. They do not have good portions. Also, many items on the menu are missing...like mochi ice cream.Special Features: