Gyu-Kaku - Miami
34 SW 13th St.
Miami, FL 33130Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Gyu-Kaku - Miami
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gyu-kaku.com/fl/miami.htm
- Phone: (305) 400-8915
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Friday: 11:30am - 12:00am - Saturday: 11:30am - 12:00am, Sunday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Gyu-Kaku - Miami
Gyu-Kaku"s specialty is Yakiniku where our guest become chefs, cooking up a variety of luscious marinated meats, along with a wide variety of delectable dishes, served with our invigorating spirit and sublime atmosphere, you will definitely enjoy your experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerJapanese
Gyu-Kaku - Miami - Best Restaurants in Downtown Miami ›
Gyu-Kaku - Miami reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (44)fit for foodies (23)special occasion (21)hot spot (18)neighborhood gem (16)great for lunch (16)late-night find (14)romantic (11)kid-friendly (8)vibrant bar scene (8)great for brunch (7)scenic view (1)Show More
- Different Japanese approach !JaimeDined on 11/22/2014The ambient is nice but the food is incredible good ! It's certainly a very special Japanese restaurant, with a different approach. If you want to taste sushi and sashimi, forget it. They will give you a new barbecue experience ... in your table ! Its a expensive restaurant, but each cent of your money is recoverable in flavor and fun :) Definitively a place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014Our serve failed to bring us items we ordered. We reminded her and she didn't even apologize for not bringing the items. Our check was triple the amount it should have been and we had to wait 20 minutes for the staf to correct the bill and we didn't even get a apology! Not from the waiter nor a manager. Food was good service was rude and slow and arrogantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/19/2014Great food and ambiance. Service was a little slow particularly when presenting the checkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014what an incredible place. staff super friendly and knowledgeable. great place for couples and double dates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!LuvfoodDined on 11/8/2014great selection of meat and the green tea crepe desert is to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty Cool PlaceTWMiamiDined on 11/2/2014The food was pretty good...not the best I've had but you cant beat their prices, especially during happy hour (daily hours and all day on Sunday).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodFliaDined on 10/29/2014I came to this restaurant couple times and usually everything is always top notch from food to service. However this time I left a bit dissaponted. The spicy ramen is straight from korean noodle package and they charge $9 for that. Service is good but a little bit on the slow side.Special Features:
- Family dinerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Went here to celebrate my moms birthday and it was great. The food was amazing service was great and overall stay was very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for business meetingALekDined on 10/13/2014The fact that you cook the food in the table gives ample time to discuss business with a good and different ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fun and great foodBrickellFoodieDined on 10/8/2014Had a blast at the restaurant. The food was great and cooking over the BBQ was so much fun. Would recommend to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was better the first timeapersonDined on 10/3/2014The waiter was even less attentive this time. The food was still amazing, but the waiter's absentmindedness and inability to hear/understand was a bit off putting. We even asked him if he received the gratuity and he said yes and returned what we told him was the gratuity, but then he followed us out of the restaurant to ask for it. Based on this second visit I would recommend the Gyu-Kaku for the food, not really the service.Special Features:
- RF2600Dined on 9/28/2014Great place with good food selection and great happy hour menu kids love cooking their foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedMiamiVIPDined on 9/27/2014Very kind people. Not impressed with the experience. The interior design was nice.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/26/2014Service and food are consistent. Definitely recommend to my friends and family.Special Features:
- Good food and atmosphere.FoodieVIPDined on 9/25/2014I've eaten at Gyu-Kaku I'm other cities and was excited to here one finally opened in Miami! Ladies, if you have naturally long legs, do the wear heels - it makes sitting at the tables a bit uncomfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Concerpt, Bad ServiceluxurydinerDined on 9/21/2014I have dined here twice and will never go back for the third time. My first time was when the restaurant was opened just few weeks ago, but their exhaust system broke down in the middle of dinner time so we did not get to eat BBQ at the end. No apologies from both servers and managers at that time, despite I saw them running back and forth trying to fix the exhaust fan. For the second time, I went on 09/21 because of a Groupon. This time I get to eat the BBQ but it took over 2 hours for just a dish of vegetable and 5 dishes of meat. Please keep in mind they were raw ingredients. When I asked to speak with a manager about both of my experiences, I was told by the server that the manager was too busy. I only saw the manager twice on the floor
- Fun Fun Fun for the familyTheThreeFoodiesDined on 9/21/2014Had a great time. Great interactive restaurant. Both my girls ages 14 and 12 "loved" preparing their own food. The quality was great and a healthy alternative to junk food. We could not stop ordering. The portions are just the right size to try a variety of items and be satisfied. For $80.00 including taxes and gratuity (and we ate), it was well worth it. We will be back. Great Sunday hang out. Good food and playful time. Thumbs up!. Cheers. :)Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/18/2014Service and food was great. Definitely recommend it to friends/family.Special Features:
- Japanese with a TwisttjelkeDined on 9/5/2014Cook your own food, but in a stylish setting. Quality beef, chicken, pork. Cool concept I saw while in Japan. Make a reservation.Special Features:
- A Must Go!!Food2Dined on 9/2/2014Very nice place. Great food. Great staff.The enviroment is quite and romantic. I will eat here everytime we visit miami. A experience you will remember. Fast courteous staff. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem in brickellWilsonDined on 8/31/2014Amazing food and experience! Hidden gem in brickell.. Go on Sundays it's happy hour all day long! The steamed shrimp dumplings and the duck are personal favs but everything on the menu tastes great! Great for date nights and not super expensive for a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in a looking cheap placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Do not be discouraged by looking cheap laminated menus with photos! The food is great! They have a limited choice of appetizers and don't have sushis or sashimis. But the quality of appetizer is very very high! We also enjoyed delicious fried rice with shrimps. The speciality of that place is that you may cook your food right in front of you at every table. The menu carries an extensive list of different kinds of meat. Its funny though that literally nobody did that when we were there and the place was packed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BBQ!!moltomamaDined on 8/28/2014LOVELOVELOVE this place. So many food items to choose from. I'm still dreaming about those chicken wings. they are amazing. Pretty good happy hour deals too. Fun place for kids/families...the only thing is that the grill can get REALLY HOT and if you're sitting right in front (and you're a lady) you makeup will melt!!Special Features:
- NOT quality & priceyMainiacVIPDined on 8/16/2014Having been to Japan recently we were looking forward to this style food. The quality of the meats was poor and the wait staff was still a bit unfamiliar with the cuts BUT very familiar with selling too many dishes! I may go back in a few months and try it again after it's been open longer. If you want a few beers and try some okay food give it a try.
- It's a different experience!GauchaemMiamiDined on 8/16/2014It's a nice place! It's different because we can cook on the table! Therefore, be prepared to take the smoky smell with you! There are few chairs and sitting on a bench is nor quite confortable! The food was good! The plates can be shared. I think it's a different taste and experience that is worth trying!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun reunionFoodieVIPDined on 8/13/2014This was the 3rd time in 3 months to come here with a large group, and had another fun great reunion dinner! Meat was great as usual, and also the salad is excellent. S more's at the end is a cherry on the top!Special Features:
- The 3rd time here, and still greatFoodieVIPDined on 8/4/2014We were there for lunch with another large group, and all had plenty of food and had a lot of fun grilling, eating and chatting!Special Features:
- The following 34 reviews are from the Gyu-Kaku - Miami reviews archive.
- Food is goodMoniqueTheFoodieDined on 7/27/2014.... But Went back a second time & the service was equally as bad as the first. Wait staff takes forever to bring you essentials. First visit, bottled water- 20 minutes! Second visit, rice bowls- we had to ask several times while our rice was getting cold. Other minor service details must be improved upon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- servicemanmanDined on 7/22/2014The food was great, but the service was a little bad! People always forgot what I ordered!Special Features:
- honest suggestions from a fanReviewerVIPDined on 7/22/2014gyu-kaku is the best!!! so happy that they opened a location in miami but this location needs better service, please! having visited many other gyu-kaku locations in different countries, these are what i noticed for this location: 1. please clean the sauce bottles.. including making sure the outside is not sticky and unclogging the cap so that sauces can flow out easily 2. please wipe tables clean a little better.. often they are still kind of sticky or oily when you sit down 3. the wait staff often mix up orders and/miss orders.. there may need to be a little bit more training here the food is AWESOME and i will keep coming back.. keep up the good work and i'm super looking forward to the next visit! (probably soon) :)
- A fun interactive eating experienceMichelleV26Dined on 7/19/2014I had been to the one in New York with some Japanese colleagues and this restaurant did not disappoint. The group had a great time, tried all different types of meats and it was definitely an experience cooking on our own personal grill. Everyone loved it and the food was great!! The only thing this place really needs improvement on is their selection of spirits! Kinda weak.Special Features:
- Good timemichyVIPDined on 7/14/2014I had been to this restaurant in LA and had a grea time. This location definitely did not disappoint. Great food, great service and decent price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch deal!FoodieVIPDined on 7/8/2014We were here for a large group dinner before, and enjoyed it very much. We came this time for lunch with a smaller group, and it's a great deal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was unbelievable!NomiVIPDined on 7/3/2014I love the chain (yes, chain) Gyu-kaku. Normally, when dining at this restaurant you get the full service top to bottom, no questions asked! Umfortunately, the Miami location was the worst that we have encountered. The wait staff never explained to our friends who were first timers, what was what , etc. The waiter was slow and had no clue. It is unfortunate because the restaurant itself offers very good food at reasonable prices. Sad, really...Special Features:
- Great Service!TorontofoodieDined on 6/30/2014I have gone to the one in Chicago, and enjoyed it! So I thought to bring my sister for her first time. This location was 10x better than Chicago. Amazing service, on top of everything. They changed the grill very frequently which made it so impressive. In Chicago, I had to ask the waiters to change it. Quick service, amazing food.. just what we were looking for! Highly recommend this location. Thanks for a enjoyable experience. Just set the standards, and when going to other cities, I will be comparing it to this experience. Never had such great service! Very friendly staff members!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGGGGcochiDined on 6/28/2014I went to the New York restaurant 5 years ago and I was amazed by this place. The food is awesome the atmosphere is great. I was super excited when I heard it was coming to Miami and it didn't disappoint at all. It was wonderful, delicious and the ambiance and waiter were very nice. I cant wait to go again. I recommend the kobe beef, noodles (yum) and green tea dessert (to die for)!!!Special Features:
- Trendy and TastySugartime4Dined on 6/21/2014We were a party of 8, celebrating a birthday. Gyu-kaku is an evening of fun, but expensive! Great variety of specialty drinks, served large but weak on alcohol. Bar had no Crown Royal and hot sake had to be sent back to be heated. The menu is huge and the choices for individual or combo orders is confusing. Once ordered, our individual table grills were started and table was slammed with food. We asked servers to slow down so we could savor the evening! The fun begins as you start grillin'. Lots of beef, poultry and seafood choices. Each plate ($8-15) has a few slices of raw protein or veggies to grill. The skimpy Kobe was $17. B-day cake was comped and s'mores were fun. You won't be "stuffed" but it's a fun evening. ($50 or more pp)Special Features:
- Good food & service!FoodieVIPDined on 6/2/2014We were a large group, but they accommodated us in the back room very nicely. All of our teenage kids and parents had a great food, and a lot of fun BBQing meat, veggies and s'mores! We all said, we hava to come back here again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Energy was great. service was ok.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/26/2014I would go back again just to see energy of a different waiter/waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the best Japanese restaurantmrkrownDined on 5/16/2014Great service and exelent food. Great for family dinners or group dinners. Not too noicy you can tell everyone is having a good time the staff is very welcoming and the fod selection is just amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.