Gyu-Kaku - Huntington Beach
7862 Warner Avenue, Suite 109
Huntington Beach, CA 92647Neighborhood:
Huntington Beach / Seal Beach / Fountain Valley
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Gyu-Kaku - Huntington Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gyu-kaku.com/ca/huntington_bch.htm
- Phone: 7148428333x
- Hours of Operation:
Everyday 11:30AM–5PM (last call)
Mon–Thu 5PM–10:30PM (last call)
Fri & Sat 5PM–11:30PM (last call)
Sun 5PM–10:30PM (last call)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Barbecue, Japanese
- Executive Chef: YOU!!
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a VIP room for up to 16 guests, and the restaurant space can hold up to 45 guests for large group reservation. Special pre set menus are also available. Please contact us and let us help you set up your best BBQ party indoor!
- Cross Street: Beach Boulevard
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Free parking with no time limit is located behind the restaurant in the structure.
Free parking with a time limit of two (2) hours is located behind the restaurant, in front of Bally's Total Fitness.
Parking in front of the restaurant is free the first thirty (30) minutes, and charged at a rate of $2 for each additional 30 minutes. We offer a complimentary validation for an additional maximum of thirty (30) more minutes.
A word from Gyu-Kaku - Huntington Beach
Social dining - spending time with friends and family - is what Gyu-Kaku (GEW-KAH-KOO) is all about. Gyu-Kaku offers the fun of ‘shared plates,’ inspiring laughter, conversation, and good times. You can’t help it – with a personal grill installed at every table, everyone instantly becomes an expert cook. The staff at Gyu-Kaku are friendly, leading you through the night with helpful suggestions. The sounds around you are of parties and laughter - the perfect choice for first dates, families, and catching up with friends. Gyu-Kaku, meaning "Horn of the Bull" in Japanese provides the authentic Japanese Yakiniku (barbeque) dining experience where our customers share premium cooked meats over a flaming charcoal grill while sipping on Japanese Sake, Shochu and frosty cold beers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Gyu-Kaku - Huntington Beach - Best Restaurants in Huntington Beach / Seal Beach / Fountain Valley ›
Gyu-Kaku - Huntington Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
great for lunch (21)good for groups (20)special occasion (17)fit for foodies (14)late-night find (13)romantic (12)neighborhood gem (11)great for brunch (9)hot spot (9)kid-friendly (7)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- ruw89Dined on 9/12/2014I made a reservation. In the reservation note I said that it was my boyfriend's birthday and if it was possible to have a small cake afterwards for him. Most attentive restaurants WOULD take note of this....but you guys didn't. Anyway, that was a small part of why I didn't like your restaurant. The service...although the servers were vibrant, your restaurant system was so unorganized. It seems like servers go around helping everyone instead of just their section..... I asked my server for some utensils, and she forgot. I don't blame my server for forgetting.. I would also.. My point: the servers aren't the problem, the system that you guys have set up is. Lastly, the food..everything was too salty. That's all. Won't be coming back. Sorry.
- food, food and more foodBexboxDined on 9/1/2014Undeniably the best place to get your great on. Whether in a group or a romantic night for 2, this place is sure to please. Always order the Toro beef and gyu-kaku salad, and don't forget to come during happy hour for $1.50 beers 🍻 and not crappy beers, the good stuff !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service & great food!luvdbeefDined on 8/30/2014We love the food and variety. Peter is a great server and Leo made us feel at home. Thanks for a great birthday dinner experience. We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gyu-kaku best spot around!!lovejapaneseDined on 8/19/2014By far my favorite restaurant. Every location I have been too is just amazing. I could eat here everyday for the rest of my life! Most amazing cuts of meat. Very fresh and everything is quality from the different meats to sake.Very high quality in all that they do! Gyu-Kaku we love you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome!carsonfilzDined on 8/17/2014my boyfriend and I went for our first time for a nice dinner and we loved it! prices we're great and the food was delicious. you can't go wrong with anything on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gyu-Kaku in HB...a little gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Come with an appetite! This little gem in Huntington Beach was a wonderful place for our family to celebrate our son's birthday. The food was plentiful, fresh and perfectly seasoned.Special Features:
- Great food, Good serviceThephantomdinerDined on 8/2/2014The food is always great. On this particular visit there was a very loud, large part. The staff handled it well and promptly moved us to a table on the other side of the restaurant when we asked.
- HmmmHumanGarabageDisposalDined on 8/2/2014Had to wait 20+ min even though we had reservations. Main couses were brought out before our appetizers. Did not enjoy the fact that all our meat dishes were brought out at the same time. Eating with a bunch of raw meat on your table is not enjoyable. Bring them out one or two at a time!Special Features:
- Better Gyu-Kaku locations out theredisneydameDined on 7/28/2014I love this chain of restraunts--normally. However every time I go to this location the service is poor. From them shoving us in the corner of the room with the chipped wallpaper right across from the kitchen doors... To the server repeatedly taking plates I was eating off of. I've worked in both guest service AND food service for several years and I understand the importance of pre-bussing but give me a break Seriously? Who does that? And then responded with "oh, I'll bring you a clean one". It was clean. .That's why I was eating off of it. I loved the food. Truly top notch but if you're looking for good service, it's worth the drive to go to the Cerritos or Pasadena location. Both of those restaurants are freaking amazing.Special Features:
- Negative ServiceServiceCountsDined on 7/24/2014The Tustin location has much much better service, HB location is small and their service made for a negative experience. The food was ok. I will stick with Tustin.
- Take too long to waitOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/7/2014Already made a reservation and wait time more than +30 mins.
- BBQ on the 4th of JulyProfessorEDBDined on 7/4/2014Went to the all you can eat 4th of July special. Great food, fast friendly service, we had a great time "grillin" on the 4th and then walked over to the $3 movie. all in all a great time. We will be back.Special Features:
- Food is good, service needs work.EatItDined on 7/4/2014The food is good here but the service is hit or miss. This time, we ordered a noodle item off of the happy hour menu. The server told us after we got the bill and we asked her about the "wrong" charge that there is an upcharge if you get this particular dish with shrimp. Servers should tell patrons when they order the item that there is an upcharge, not after they get the bill. We spent a good amount of time trying to wave down our server...and then just ended up waving down other servers because she would just keep ignoring us. Too bad that the bad service overshadowed the good food.Special Features:
- Terrible Service.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/1/2014The service was terrible. I have been to almost all of the gyu - kaku restaurant and this one had the worst service I was embarrassed for them after letting my guest know what a great restaurants this was.Special Features:
- Fun placeGreatfunDined on 6/29/2014Love going here with friends. Great happy hour and appetizers! Fun to cook on grill and have s'mores for dessert.Special Features:
- Crabmom3Dined on 6/27/2014Everything was great as always. Our server was attentive and our drinks were always full. We saw another table eating ramen after we had finished and it looked so good, we ordered some to go...it was great also! This is one of our favorite places to come eat, and we always love itI would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great Foodwgh958Dined on 6/14/2014This is our favorite restaurant. You can order the amount of food you want, seasoned or marinated perfectly, and cook it yourself on the grill at your table. Even extensive vegetables on the menu for people who are not meat/fish people. Really love the sukiyaki which you can get as a $3 substitution for rice with the course meals. Highly recomment.Special Features:
- Food commaSwingingbutterflyDined on 5/25/2014It was my first time here and I be coming back very soon!! I enjoyed every bite! And even when I was full I wanted to continue eating because it was simply so amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 573 reviews are from the Gyu-Kaku - Huntington Beach reviews archive.
- Great LunchKatBDined on 5/25/2014Food was good, portions are somewhat small for what you pay. Overall it was a good lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gyu Kaku Great Japanese BBQ!YummyDined on 5/23/2014We booked our reservation through Open Table. We were seated almost immediately upon arrival. The service was fast and attentive. The food was super good! The meats had tons of flavor and great texture... Not cheap but not to pricy.. A great date spot or to catch up with friends in a group:) good timesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- small tables/great experiance!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/20145/17/14 visit for my sons 20th bday, 6 in our party. We had reservations and arrived a bit early. Seated within 10 minutes and the waiter was fabulous, the food was fabulous and we even managed to get in before happy hour ended and we recieved the HH discount. The only reason I didnt give it 5 stars for ambiance is the table was tooo small for a party of six. by the time you get the meat lovers course and plates and drink for 6 it was a logistal nightmare.. 2 of our guests coulnt eben reach the cooking area. They do have bigger tables and next time if I have a big party I will defiently ask for the larger table.Special Features:
- Great food, tiny portions, priceymicuteorwtDined on 5/12/2014I enjoyed the food was good very very small quantities of $50 will get you about 10 bites. That's at Happy Hour. Waitress wasn't very attentive maybe because we didn't or a lot. Only about 6 plates. Unsure that we'll ever go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!OCLady68Dined on 5/11/2014If you are prone to getting hot ask for a table near the door, airflow can be an issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Accomodating of gluten free requestMaturinDined on 5/11/2014We thought it might be hard to eat gluten free here because the marinades are soy sauce based, but they were able to accomodate by using other seasonings instead.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really crampedOpenTableNicknameDined on 5/10/2014I made a reservation for 5 people and we were seated right when we arrived...at a booth for 4. Our group consisted of some pretty large individuals and we ordered a sizable amount of food. Needless to say, we were tangled up the whole time. There was not enough space on the table for the food, and we all had to hold at least one plate in the air the entire time we were eating. We asked to be moved to a larger table, but our waiter said they didn't have anything. Right after he said that, another group came in and sat at the larger table right behind us. A few of our items were forgotten, and our waiter seemed upset when we asked about them, as if we were inconveniencing him. Food was good though. I might be back with fewer friends.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/5/2014Grill your own food at your table dining. Food is great and fun. S'mores for dessert was so much fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfied tummyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/25/2014Had the spicy kalbi bibimbap and it was delicious. Came back 2 days later to get more :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!GreatservicegreatfoodDined on 4/18/2014Great food! Great service! Server was very attentive. Fun experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very reasonable lunch!HappyBrianDined on 4/16/2014I really enjoyed their decent quality with very reasonable price, especially for lunch ('til 5pm!!) I will probably go back there again!Special Features:
- I Love everything about gyu-kakuOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/28/2014I come here at least 2-3 times a month! This spot never gets old and I love dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very ExpensiveSnakeDined on 3/27/2014Service was good, food was good. Dinner for 4 cost us $168 with tip... Not saying it was bad, just a little pricey for cooking our own food...Special Features:
- Always Super Delicious!SandraDeeDined on 3/15/2014Definitely our go to Korean BBQ hangout and any time of the week! Great FOOD and Happy Hour rocks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTIC Find!SapphyreDined on 3/14/2014This restaurant is one of our absolute favorites. You can attend both on a low and high budget by involving happy hour. We love the ambiance and the servers are great. Each dinner is different because you can mix and match, try new things, and grill several options at once. I would recommend this place to anyone!! Make reservations if you plan to go on Monday evenings for all day happy hour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Place Worth for Travel 100 MileCatianDined on 3/7/2014After visiting LA downtown leaving there 90 minutes before reservation time on Friday afternoon, we were stuck in traffic and arrived 6 minutes passed but were served soon. Quality of the foods are very good almost not need any marinade nor dipping sauce. Salad leaves are fresh. Seasonal menus are nice for refreshment and thrill. Basically you have customized dishes each time with different combination. Organize order is also key though wait person is very patient. Also liked the space in all the fixtures and looked clean so I hope they keep the way they do for much more years to come. We certainly will come back more times to try out another combination of dishes though need to travel 100 miles, yes we're from SD.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Place to Hang OutSarahDined on 3/1/2014I love going to Gyu-Kaku for late night happy hour.Special Features:
- Yummy and cheap!Gothie78Dined on 2/28/2014Great happy hour. Great prices and options! Love it!!Special Features:
- ImpressedHBdinerDined on 2/26/2014The food and drinks exceeded expectations. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great VarietyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/25/2014Food was savory, sweet, hot, and wonderful. Plan to go again. Service was attentive. Waiter went on break, but service was not delayed or forgotten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious if you don't mind a wait!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/24/2014Gyu-Kaku is always my staple for taking friends out to eat - their happy hour menu simply can't be beat. We ordered from the 50% off menu the entire night with a ton of variety and were not disappointed. I've found it's best to order some meat to cook and while it's cooking order the second set - no more than 1 plate per person at a time so when you're taking it off the grill, the next set is arriving. They typically have a longer wait on Mondays as it's happy hour all-day. One of my personal favorite places to eat in Huntington, and we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placefoody4lifeDined on 2/21/2014GREAT PLACE AND I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE! MY HUSBAND AND I CAN'T WAIT TO GO AGAIN.Special Features: