Gyu-Kaku - Cerritos
11324 South Ave
Cerritos, CA 90703Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Gyu-Kaku - Cerritos
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gyu-kaku.com/ca/cerritos.htm
- Phone: 5628093800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Barbecue, Japanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Gyu-Kaku - Cerritos
"The best Japanese export since Sushi!" Gyu-Kaku (gew kah koo) is all about fun and food! At Gyu-Kaku you are your own chef cooking over binchotan (white charcoal) fired table-top roasters. All of our barbecue items are served with savory marinades to entice terrific flavor from premium cuts of beef, rare-to-find pork and poultry, and fresh seafood and vegetables. Our desserts, such as Chocolate Fondue and Camp-Style Smores are truly delicious and enjoyable too. Premium Japanese Sake and Shochu cocktails are sure to make your meal very colorful. Never tried Japanese barbecue before? No problem! We have several course meals with our best selling items to initiate you, and our friendly staff is always dedicated to making your dining experience at Gyu-Kaku a memorable one each and every time!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gyu-Kaku - Cerritos reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (16)late-night find (12)fit for foodies (11)special occasion (10)great for lunch (8)neighborhood gem (7)kid-friendly (6)romantic (5)hot spot (4)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- A fun timeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/14/2014Took a friend there for a different adventure in diningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gyu-KakuLuvjbbqDined on 9/6/2014I love Gyu-Kaku, and have been to many different locations. I expected a lot from the Cerritos location, since restaurants are usually good when they're fairly new. The quality of food was not good. The garlic fried chicken was dry, the sukiyaki bibimbap was not crispy (guess the hot pot was not hot enough), and the sesame chicken wings did not look appetizing. The service was meh.. Our server forgot to bring a couple of items, and it was not even busy. The Mgr did not check in with us during the meal, and just brought us our change. Not impressed with this location.Special Features:
- Different Food ExperienceRichDined on 9/6/2014Here you get to grill your food at the table ---the meat especially the lambchops were excellent---really enjoyed the mealSpecial Features:
- low qualityBtoylDined on 8/30/2014The cuts of meat are low in quality and portions too small for price .Special Features:
- I'm so glad....mmmmsallyDined on 8/23/2014....that I chose this place for my birthday dinner. I basically convinced my boyfriend to take me here because he had his favorite "Korean BBQ" spot already and didn't want to try anything new! But since it was my night, I chose Gyu Kaku and he has now switched over :) The food is amazing!!!! We got so much food for four people and the price was only perfect! The servers were so great, took care of us, and showed genuine appreciation. Definitely coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014out server was very attentive. He recommended the miso butterfish and it was delicious! We had a reservation and got a table as soon as we got there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Their food was really good and the service was great, but they have small food proportions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableEnjoyableDined on 8/2/2014I was invited to the location at Topanga Canyon Mall for happy hour with co-workers and I must say, I had an amazing time. My decision to go to the Cerritos location was to expose my immediate circle of friends to this experience. It was great and I will definitely come back again. My next visit will be for romantic purposes, I will bring my husband.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First VisitcelceDined on 6/25/2014Had a birthday celebration with several others. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1 reviews are from the Gyu-Kaku - Cerritos reviews archive.
- Great restaurant!NiceDined on 6/20/2014I was so happy to learn that Gyu-Kaku opened at a location nearer to me! Now I can go more often! I love this restaurant and will continue to be a repeat customer as long as they continue to make great food and have the great ambiance they usually have. As a plus, I was able to catch their grand opening!! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.