Gyu-Kaku - Brea
120 S. Brea Blvd. UNIT 1
Brea, CA 92821Neighborhood:
Pan-AsianPrice: $30 and under
Gyu-Kaku - Brea
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gyu-kaku.com/ca/brea.htm
- Phone: 7146719378x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 5PM - 10:30PM
Friday - Saturday 5PM - 11:30PM
Sunday 5PM - 10PM
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Pan-Asian, Barbecue, Japanese
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Gyu-Kaku - Brea
Gyu-Kaku Brea is now open!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Gyu-Kaku - Brea - Best Restaurants in Brea ›
Gyu-Kaku - Brea reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (25)special occasion (21)fit for foodies (16)great for lunch (14)late-night find (12)romantic (11)hot spot (10)neighborhood gem (10)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (6)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Best Japanese BBQ ever!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014I love this place very much.... The food is excellent and love the happy hour....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/23/2014Me and my friends had a great time. I love coming to this location. The employees are always friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this place.....proptupskunkDined on 8/8/2014Call me crazy but I love this place! We ALWAYS have such the best time here! It is the best happy hour in town- and delicious! It is something different and fun for date night, plus it is in a great location. The Brea location is by far my favorite, followed by Rancho. I just wish the happy hour times were consistent at the various locations.....Special Features:
- Great Japanese BBQShobyVIPDined on 8/4/2014After trying several types of meat, we found our favorite: Bistro Hanger Steak. The garlic mushrooms are a yummy combo with the steak. I love the tofu nuggets as well. Monday's are the best because it's happy hour all day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Server RockedKimRawrDined on 7/21/2014This is the 5th Gyu-Kaku restaurant we've tried and by far the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FooditbjennaDined on 7/11/2014Good food, good service. Should definitely go during their happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DiningRikeyXYDined on 7/4/2014Came here for a holiday dinner for their all you can eat special. Everything was delicious and the servers were very friendly and approachable. Great first experience here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- smelled like sewer gas when 1stincomprehensableDined on 6/7/2014Had a 15% off card, that they refused to accept, accused me of altering the card. This please is near the house so we had been there a few times. Expensive for what you get, go to Korean BBQ or for a good steak and less work MastrosSpecial Features:
- Bring YOUR EarplugsjpdillsVIPDined on 5/31/2014I loved the proteins from the combo for 2, however, the balance was only marginal. The appetizers served cold from the deep fryer. The vegetables in foil on the table top stove didn't work. It would be better offering vegetables to be grilled just like the proteins. The noise level is not just energetic, it is obnoxious. The restaurant has music that is just fast paced drums turned to high level. We asked that the music be turned down a couple of times and were told OK, but it never was turned down. Our server was so soft spoken, you couldn't hear her over the noise and music. Other servers were screaming from one side of the restaurant to the other. It was very disappointing which is to bad since the basic concept is pretty good.Special Features:
- The following 62 reviews are from the Gyu-Kaku - Brea reviews archive.
- ocmommyDined on 5/19/2014Excellent food and service! Our hostess took care of all our needs with a very pleasant attitude. The entire crew was friendly.Special Features:
- great servicechengcheng1Dined on 5/17/2014The waiter, Sean was really friendly and nice! Super friendly and willing to answer any questions! =]Special Features:
- Quaint find in a BIG wayhkypk13Dined on 5/13/2014Contemporary and clean with enough menu choices. Great place for family, friends, or your better half to enjoy great food & service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!!!YummyFoodDined on 5/10/2014So yummy, but go early it gets packed. We went at 5:30 and by 6 there was a long line.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never let me downGourmetHopperDined on 5/9/2014Every time I go there, they always provide the best service and never pressure you to order expensive item and rush you to leave at the end. Their food are always fresh and portion is just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So delish!FoodiebabeDined on 5/7/2014Food was awesome, service was great, lots of selection to choose from! Will be back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014FIRST VISIT AND IT WON'T BE THE LAST!!! GREAT EXPERIENCE...FROM THE SERVICE, TO THE FOOD, TO THE BEVERAGES AND ATMOSPHERE. I ENJOYED PREPARING MY DINNER RIGHT THERE AT THE TABLE & EUGENE PROVIDED GREAT COOKING INSTRUCTIONS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SelectionclarepurplDined on 4/12/2014Even though most people go for the grilled items, don't forget to try the chili steamed dumplings and poke - both delicious!! Didn't have any luck with the one alcohol drink I had - but maybe it was a bad nightI would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and Fun ExperienceCATEDined on 4/7/2014We had a great date night without the kids. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The food and sauces were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Gyu-Kaku yet!!!jucsilvaDined on 3/12/2014I've been going to Gyu-Kaku restaurants for many years and was looking forward to the new location in Brea to open since it's the closest to me. Did not at all expect it to be done so nicely! Really thought, even though new, that it would be similar to the other locations I know in West LA and Santa Ana but the Brea location definitely surprised me with a nice, beautiful interior and great, friendly service!!! I am so happy since this is the closest Gyu-Kaku to me! Definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Create Your Own ExperienceMacAttackDined on 3/1/2014Gyu-Kaku supplies you with everything you need to have an amazing meal with a group of friends or just that special someone. My latest trip to Gyu-Kaku was with my lady and we had the best time picking from the menu and preparing our own food. I have also been by myself for lunch and with a large group of friends. Every time I dine at Gyu-Kaku is a great experience. I look forward to future visits. The prices are very reasonable and if you happen to go during happy hour they practically give you the food. The service is top notch and the food is always fresh and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT GIRLS NIGHT OUTFOODIE003Dined on 2/25/2014the food was delicious and the atmosphere was great! the happy hour options were great too. the service was 50/50 - at times they too attentive when services was NOT needed, but at the times they were needed they were no where to be found. will probably be back for late night snack and for happy hour was good for oc restaurant weekSpecial Features:
- Would recomend to anyone.KyleDined on 2/21/2014This was my first time going to this one in Brea. It was a world of difference at the Brea one vs. the Huntington Beach one. The service and food was excellent but the atmosphere at the Brea location was very noisy compared to the quieter Huntington Beach location. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a good night out and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall experienceMyyyyykDined on 2/21/2014I felt the portions were a but small for the price. Overall though I was satisfied with the service and flavor of the food. Just didn't feel like I got my money's worthSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT WORTH THE MONEYMLVC13Dined on 2/15/2014never coming back to Gyu-Kaku. Id rather go to Tangiers in Loz Feliz or Castle AYCE in the west side. My husband & I had dinned at the on in Pasadena for valentines day a few years ago and it WAS GREAT!! so deciding on where to go on Valentines day dinner...we thought here. Big mistake. $120.00 for a dinner and it wasnt AYCE. Wish I can get my money back. Miso soup wasnt even hot, took FOREVER to get our 1st courses...
- fun and friendlybbccDined on 2/14/2014Food has great flavor. You cook it right at your table. Staff were all so nice and provided wonderful service.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/12/2014Service great! just all around wonderful place to hang out and have a drink and grill some food. Ps. the HH is awesome!!Special Features:
- Celebrated my 21st birthday hereLittleMDined on 1/25/2014I was very pleased with the location of this restaurant, close to the parking structure and within walking distance of other shops and restaurants. I liked the ambience and service very much. The waitress was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- different & funbdaygirlDined on 1/17/2014Loved the whole experience. Japanese bbq concept & cooking your own food with friends, fun & different. Lively place, a little too loud on the music, hard to converse but overall lively and great staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Tasting Meat! ServersmagooDined on 1/6/2014Great Tasting Meat! Servers are so friendly. However, the music is too loud for us. But we love this place and will return for more food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food n ServiceGourmetHopperDined on 1/4/2014Food is outstanding and awesome customer service. Can't complain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was excellent, freshOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/4/2014The food was excellent, fresh ingredient and good quality. The services is prompt and checkups are often. the only thing that i have against this experience is towards the tables itself. I made reservation for a party of 5, however, we were seated at a table for 4. In looking around the restaurant, i see the layouts only has configurations for parties of 4. this meant that we had to fight to clear out space and overall the table was very crowded and cluttered until the very end. But, as the layout is pretty much set, i don't see how this can be improved for a fairly long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First ImpressionAVIMECHDined on 12/25/2013The ambiance of the restaurant was great, food was amazing. No complaints on either of those. Service fell short of what I expected being that hefty price tag of the meals. Our waitress forgot multiple items and we kindly had to remind her of what was missing. We could hear nearby tables complain about this as well. Overall, the food was good. Happy hour options were pretty good. However, if you're going for happy hour make sure you order quickly as that hour goes by fast! I would give this restaurant a second chance and maybe in the future give the service a better review.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very loud experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/23/2013Food was okay to good. Servers worked hard to make things work for us. The restaurant was so loud that is was nearly impossible to talk with people on the other side of the table. Not the best for our family experience.
- ReviewBrianDined on 12/14/2013An absolute treat, I try to make it here at least once a month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I absolutely love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/10/2013I absolutely love this place! happy hour is always great to attend! the service is wonderful, the workers always explain how to cook your meat and explain it to you. try everything you will not be disappointed. give the lobster nuggets a try! I'm not a big fan of seafood but they're great!. xoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for TwoPatCDined on 12/7/2013First time visit to celebrate my husbands birthday and try something different. Greeted and seated immediately with our reservation. I thought the appetizer portions were small, but when so many bowls and trays kept coming, I understood! We ordered the gyu-kaku course meal with edamame, salad, soup, sukiyaki crispy rice, shrimp, chicken, skirt steak, short ribs, filet mignon, and spinach. A LOT of food! No problem substituting broccoli due to my husbands mushroom allergy. The server cleared the empty meat trays and other bowls quickly and kept our drinks filled. She also quickly swapped our our grill a couple of times to eliminate smoke. Dessert also a fun s'more to finish our grilling. We'll be back with a couple of guests soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gyu~yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/6/2013First time to this restaurant... loved it! Think: a cross between Benihana & the Melting Pot. Meat was delicious as well as the wine. Very attentive service through their extensive busy-ness that evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gyu-Kaku's BreaScFrank97Dined on 12/6/2013I decided to take my date here to the Brea location. Our server was Gianni. He was a great waiter to us, on point and knew the menu. Food was prepared quickly and we both enjoyed our dining experience. Prices are reasonable and the quality is superb. Customer service is a priority for them and it shows. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but priceykitegirlDined on 12/6/2013Love happy hour. Good for date night. Not good for kids. The only thing they liked on the menu was the ramen and the dumplings. This is the like the Japanese style of Korean bbq. Good but pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for adventurous eatersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/2/2013We love going here because you cook your own food right in front if you. Not a place for a first date unless your a grillerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.