Gyu-Kaku - Beverly Hills
163 North La Cienega
Beverly Hills, CA 90211Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Gyu-Kaku - Beverly Hills
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gyu-kaku.com/ca/beverlyhills.htm
- Phone: 3106595760x
- Hours of Operation:
Everyday 11PM–5PM (last call)
Sun–Thu 5PM–10:30PM (last call)
Fri & Sat 5PM–11:30PM (last call)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Barbecue, Japanese, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: YOU!
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Counter Seating, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Your party is our party. We can accommodate private groups for up to 40 guests and have one private room for up to 12 guests. If we can assist you in any way to host a large party or special occasion dinner, please let us know. We offer customized menus as well as tailored seating arrangements to best suit your needs. We are more than happy to work personally with you, step-by-step, to ensure that your party is a great one. However, our restaurant is not large, so please reserve in advance for large or private party requests to ensure space.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 3106595760x
A word from Gyu-Kaku - Beverly Hills
Social dining - spending time with friends and family - is what Gyu-Kaku (GEW-KAH-KOO) is all about. Gyu-Kaku offers the fun of ‘shared plates,’ inspiring laughter, conversation, and good times. You can’t help it – with a personal grill installed at every table, everyone instantly becomes an expert cook. The staff at Gyu-Kaku are friendly, leading you through the night with helpful suggestions. The sounds around you are of parties and laughter - the perfect choice for first dates, families, and catching up with friends. Gyu-Kaku, meaning "Horn of the Bull" in Japanese provides the authentic Japanese Yakiniku (barbeque) dining experience where our customers share premium cooked meats over a flaming charcoal grill while sipping on Japanese Sake, Shochu and frosty cold beers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Gyu-Kaku - Beverly Hills - Best Restaurants in Beverly Hills ›
Gyu-Kaku - Beverly Hills reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (37)fit for foodies (21)special occasion (15)great for lunch (15)hot spot (15)late-night find (13)neighborhood gem (8)kid-friendly (8)romantic (7)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- bad servicejenrod1986Dined on 9/20/2014Never had bad service in the past 5 years me coming here . Waiter was not good at all. Not sure of she was new or not. Never seen there. Took our order rushing didn't explain to us how to cook meat and for how long ect. For two hours being there only check up on us once. Wow never had this before. My check was overcharged by 20 dollars didn't say sorry didn't say a word just motified it and left it on the table. Really!! This is how a 5 year customer gets treated wow. Not sure if going back. But I will never recommend friends if is going to be this way. Ask for water for. Party of five and she only brings 3 and ask her for more and no water was brought to us what a great day to end our lunch. Very upset and annoyed by what happen.
- Great experience!!AmsterdamlovesGyuDined on 9/18/2014Thanks to a great service from Mark and lovely food we had such a great meal that we decided to come back three day later and yes the food was the same and outstanding service again !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Julie EsmailiJulieesmailiDined on 9/15/2014I went in with a hot date and wow! It was fun the food was amazing. The service was superb. I am definitely going back soon. It's our new late dinner spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EAT DRINK COOKshivoolyDined on 9/14/2014smaller than other ones i went to... nice and clean but the their service is very slow to compare to other branches but nice people ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!table4twoDined on 9/5/2014I recently went for my birthday. The food was sooooo good! I went with a large group and we got the meal for 6 people. Since it was happy hour our dinner including drinks was only $220! The waiter was super nice and my overall experience was exceptionally great!!! Can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great experienceLesterDined on 7/26/2014My experience here was not fun. The reservations made for me and my party were for 7:30pm but we did not get seated until 8:10pm. The hostess claimed our entire party (4 people) was not present but we had notified her 3x earlier on that we were all there, two people just had to wait outside because of the tight waiting area space. But as we stood there waiting and waiting and waiting, every party that came after us was seated before us. It made for an unpleasant and grumpy night. Our server was great tho and tried to make the evening better, so that was nice. The manager was nice and apologized. But the entire evening was basically ruined by the long wait. Why make reservations when you are not guaranteed to seat soon afterwards?
- Nice HAppy HourItzMoeDined on 7/22/2014HAppy hour is probably one of the best HH I have come across. Has everything. Good place for really all type of dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty and Interactive FunRed76VIPDined on 7/21/2014Great service, our waitress was on the ball. Glasses were never empty, food came out fast and efficiently. So much fun and interactive cooking our food on the grill. We were given clear instructions on how long we should cook the food and everything came out perfectly. Food was so flavorful (and plentiful...burp!) :) We came for restaurant week and it was an amazing deal. $25 for dinner. Appetizer: Edamame, rice, soup, salad. Main course: choose 4 different proteins (I got 2 kinds of beef, chicken and shrimp - all really good). Dessert was a choice of different flavored macaroons and ice cream. I got coffee, it was delish. My friend got the smores. So fun! They turn up the flame on the grill and you roast your marshmallows over the fire :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the foodHappyDinerDined on 7/20/2014Love the food here but the menu grows every day, I wonder if they should pare back. The harami miso is our favorite but over the years it's gotten less consistent, the pieces aren't cut evenly so some will be too thin, some too thick and chewy. All in all our kids (age 5 and 7) love it and we come a lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurant but tough nightTwinpalmsDined on 7/16/2014I love this place an have been a regular for years. There was a large group of high school or college aged kids. Drunk, obnoxious and over served. They were screaming, chanting and throwing things around the restaurant. Management acknowledged the problem, but stated it was against their policy to do a anything about it. The whole restaurant was miserable that night, ourselves included.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!Marmar4foodDined on 7/5/2014I hear this and that about how there are other Japanese BBQs that are better. People are completely entitled to their opinion. Gyu-Kaku though is deliciously satisfying. Their tofu nuggets are "Bomb.com." The ambience is comforting, though it can get a tad bit loud. I like that honestly. Everyone is there to have a blast with whomever they are with. The customer service is great. I definitely reccomend eating here. Try to go during the weekdays if you're not much for an energetic ambiance. Have fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food& service.DeliciousDined on 7/3/2014Great food and amazing service! Our server was the best! Edwin two thumbs up!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Good for Communal DiningSemiQuasiFoodieWannabeVIPDined on 6/29/2014Gyu-Kaku is a fun dining experience, AND has wonderful, flavorful foods, AND attentive, non-intrusive servers. We went with a group of friends, and I think everyone couldn't believe how good everything tasted, and how much food there was. A 5-star experience without 5-star prices.Special Features:
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014I always bring guests from out of town to Gyu-Kaku. It's a truly unique dining experience.Special Features:
- Reservation mixupGrillmasterDined on 6/20/2014I walked in with my friend and my mom and her boyfriend. We had each made separate reservations so that me and my friend could sit at a separate table. She showed the lady where our table was going to be but it was for all 4 of us. We told her that they were supposed to be separate tables and she told us that we would have to wait to figure it out. We just decided to sit at the same table so we wouldn't bothered her. The grilling did take longer because of the four people at 1 grill. I do still recommend this place, I just wish that I could have sat at a different table with my friend so that I could spend some time with them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spotAK47VIPDined on 6/17/2014Been dining at gyu-kaku for last 4 years, absolutely love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 521 reviews are from the Gyu-Kaku - Beverly Hills reviews archive.
- DinnerTDKGiovanniDined on 5/30/2014I was looking for BBQ places all around LA such as Korean or Japanese restaurants and I found a bunch but nothing seemed as good as Gyu-Kaku. I read up a lot of reviews and rating on this place and it was highly recommended by almost everyone. I had never heard nor been to this place so I chose to go to this restaurant for a first date and it was fantastic. My server Edwin was awesome and explained everything to my date & I since we were 1st timers. The atmosphere was great, & the food was beyond amazing. My dinner there with my date was way better than I ever expected, thank you Gyu-KakuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is great for birthdaysluv2dineDined on 5/25/2014We had a very nice time and enjoyed cooking our own food. The service was good. The music was energetic and even though we had to talk loud, we did not stop talking and laughing. A member of our group just had a birthday, and she enjoyed the night a great deal. We recommend it to everybody.Special Features:
- bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/24/2014Our waiter would disappear and bare in mind we had 3 waiters switched on us. I also felt rushed to leave. We asked for utensils and napkins and never got them. It was my friends birthday n all we got was mochi that was a left in the.freezer for too long. It was a bad experience.
- Fun for a changeMinnesotaMVPDined on 5/16/2014Food isnt bad. Fun to do for something different. Food quality has gone down simce i last was here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomenessFoodLover110Dined on 5/12/2014I went here for Happy Hour after the suggestion from a friend. I was extremely satisfied with the service AND the food. Nt to mention, the hot waiter w/ the Mohawk. A+ for everything. I highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysJonRDined on 5/11/2014Never a bad meal, or rather never a bad feast. Always a great time.Special Features:
- Outstanding foodAndiBDined on 4/30/2014Been at the same restaurant in Vancouver. I loved it so much, that I went again the next day. Two years later in Los Angeles. The food is again...OUTSTANDING... The restaurant in Vancouver was a bit nicer and not so noisy. But in a restaurant it's about the food. And this was great!Special Features:
- Late Night Happy HourRossvanDDined on 4/16/2014The late night happy hour is awesome. Gotta love cheap pitchers and sake. All around fun and casual place for a group to have a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- i<3gyukakufoodie484867496890Dined on 3/28/2014I am a regular at Gyu-Kaku. Great food. Great happy hour. Fun dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant was nice andMBrownDined on 3/28/2014The restaurant was nice and the food was really good. The staff made us feel very comfortable as we were there celebrating my daughters 22nd birthday. I had never been to this restaurant before. I was supposed at how small the place is especially since this place is a popular hot spot. nevertheless- my family had a great time and will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is fun!ninjanedsDined on 3/21/2014Love this place! It never disappoints us when we dine here. The staff is friendly, the food is amazing and interactive and the late night happy hour definitely makes us happy :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 regulars got a huge disappointmenWinstonoDined on 2/28/2014Never again was the phrase of the night. We go here on average one a week for years. Our grill had a third working. They were unable to fix it. Barely apologetic and rushed us hard. They grabbed plates we weren't finished with. Their seafood was horrendous. The music was 3x the normal level. They made mo effort to make things right.Special Features:
- Great food and ambiance. ArdhruvDined on 2/22/2014Great food and ambiance. A little loud but its to be expected. The Garlic Noodles and the New Zealand Lamb chops were my favorite. Fun experience overall. Wish they had a better wine selection. Other than that great flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My little addictionGUCCI23Dined on 2/16/2014l love the varieties of food & how I'm able to cook it myself. I love that there is happy hour everyday & the prices are great along with the great service. Noah & Rocky were great servers on our dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going Down hillSchilingDined on 2/16/2014They changed for thw worse food and service. Very disappointedSpecial Features:
- Delicious food, service okayFangirlDined on 2/16/2014Food is great; you don't be disappointed. Grab a rewards card - you can easily accumulate points and get $25 off when you accumulate just a few. The service isn't great here. The waiters look much too busy and don't follow up with refills unless you call them to your table or they are bringing your food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food. Awful ServiceRoddanDined on 2/8/2014I have been to Gyu-Kaku before and had a pleasant experience with a party of 2. We had a party of seven for a birthday. We ordered plates of meat and veggies. We never received ANY of our veggie orders being told there was a party of 15 and there was a delay even tho folks all around us were receiving their veggie orders. We never did get any vegetable orders. I was shocked and appalled. We were charged on our bill for a few items that we never received as well. I spoke with the manager telling him of the terrible service and the lame excuse given. His response"yes I heard". I said "That's it? You heard?". "yes thats it." This place is not cheap.Never again will I dine there. Its really a shame because the food is really good.
- Fun and tasty!!!TrinaDined on 2/4/2014Great selection of meats and AWESOME happy hour every day! Service varies but the food is delicious. Highly recommend the Spicy Kalbi Bimbimap...soooooooooooooo yummy. Also, Toro Beef (basically beef bacon)...awesome. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing due to serviceBurgerBenDined on 2/4/2014It was the first time we tried japanese barbecue. We indicated this to the waiter, and told him we didn't have a clue on what to do. Other than telling us we has to grill the food ourselves for a couple of minutes there was no explanation. We burn a lot of our food and it was just a general disappointment. Asking waiters how long certain items had to be grilled resulted in the following answer. 'I didn't serve this, so I don't know' Shame as it could have been so much fun. The meats were good, the vegetables also. So no complaints on that front.Special Features:
- inexpensive but not that goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/3/2014I used to come here a lot. I think the menu has been changed for the worst. suddenly there is a fondu option and everything tasted like it was drenched in butter. will opt to drive to Korea Town for the real thing next time.Special Features:
- Good restaurant, good food and fun!SonicVIPDined on 2/1/2014Have been to a few Gyu-Kakus, this one is not my favourite but the service and food quality was excellent, the ambiance was not as lively as the other GKs I've visited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat lovers!YummyDined on 1/30/2014I took my family here for the first time last week. We really enjoyed the bbq style environment. Laughs , drinks, and good food. You can't go wrong!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our server Grace was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/29/2014she's very attentive, energetic, and fast! really enjoyed my dinner thereSpecial Features:
- Always greatJonRDined on 1/25/2014Great food, variety, drink deals...really everything is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.