808 Bienville St.
New Orleans, LA 70112Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gwfins.com/
- Phone: 5045813467
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday from 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Tenney Flynn
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining up to 28 people - restaurant available for buyouts.
A word from GW Fins
Experience the cuisine that has created raving fans of local diners and national and local food critics alike. Chef Tenney Flynn (New Orleans magazine's 2004 "Chef of the Year") ensures the highest quality seafood by flying in products from around the globe and featuring only the best from local waters - both at their seasonal peak. This commitment to freshness, variety and to the guest are some of the many reasons GW Fins prints its menu daily and has received numerous glowing reviews in The Times-Picayune (4 beans), Food & Wine, Southern Living and Esquire magazines. We look forward to serving you soon so we may learn what you think.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
GW Fins - Best Restaurants in French Quarter ›
GW Fins reviews from OpenTable diners
556 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (408)fit for foodies (357)romantic (301)notable wine list (192)good for groups (151)neighborhood gem (139)hot spot (119)vibrant bar scene (44)late-night find (23)great for lunch (18)scenic view (18)great for brunch (15)kid-friendly (14)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- GREAT!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The cheff probably working hard on every dish. Very good food, great value for money, great atmosphere.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014Great dinner I had the wahoo my wife had the mahi. Both were amazing cooked just right and the flavor was so good were still talking bout it 4 days later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RecommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014GW Fins was recommended by a friend. Food was great. Wine list had a nice variety of by the glass and moderately priced bottles though not extensive. Service was good and some really good appetizers - we had the shrimp and it was fantastic. Apple pie desert was also a hit.
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014My family and I had an opportunity to eat on a Saturday night at GW Fins. It was a great experience in dining. The service was excellent, food was esquicent and the atmosphere was great. I would highly recommend to eat there if in New Orleans. If you love dessert, then try the opera cake and the salty malty ice cream. One of the best dining experiences we have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yeargan/SmithOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Service was first class. Our waiter was wonderful! He made excellent suggestions for us and appeared each time we needed him. Convenient locatition. Perfect spacing between tables. Can't wait to return. Oh yes, the food was the best we have had in a very long time and the best meal we had during this visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food!Kinch22VIPDined on 8/29/2014Excellent seafood in a great location! Go early for a drink at the bar...it's fun to talk to others sitting near you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding in every way.FoodieDined on 8/29/2014Not only was the food masterfully prepared and well presented, the service was impeccable. It had the feel of old New Orleans with a new and fresh vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Fourth VisitSouthernCommandVIPDined on 8/29/2014GW Fins is always on our must list every time we visit. The soft shell crab was especially enjoyed by our dinner guests.Special Features:
- Great opportunity during CoolinaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014GW Fins is a great place to try during Coolinary or restaurant week. Its not a place I would normally be able to afford or casually go to dinner, so offering a deal for dinner or lunch makes it a great opportunity to try it out. I was very impressed by the food, and will definitely go back! The selection for wines is extensive, as well as the food. Their menu for coolinary did not disappoint! The snapper was perfectly seasoned, the wood grilled shrimp was unique with the sauce, and the deserts are to die for. The only down side was the waiter was trying too hard to sell things off the regular menu when it was clearly said we're here for coolinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE this placeLindaDined on 8/27/2014I have been a few times and am never disappointed. I went for the Coolilnary dinner and it was excellent. I had the wahoo. It was cooked to perfection. The seafood soup appetizer was also very good. I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Fantastic Birthday DinnerFloridafoodieDined on 8/25/2014Were in NOLA for a convention and decided to try GW Fins for my birthday. It was just down the street from our hotel and just off Bourbon Street. Inside was clean and fresh, an open table area plus cozy booths. We sat at a booth. Our wait staff greeted us by name and it was wonderful from then on. The service was impeccable, the food was fresh and delicious. A very nice evening for myself, husband and 15 year old daughter. The prices were reasonable for a restaurant like this. I would definitely go back next time we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2014This was one of the few restaurants in New Orleans with more than one option for diners with a gluten allergy. The food and service were exceptional.Special Features:
- Great seafood, lacking otherwiseluv2dineMFDined on 8/24/2014I had the COOLinary menu. The Cioppino was nice and well balanced. The Wasabi-encrusted wahoo was perfectly cooked and was nicely paired with a slaw of some sort. My girlfriend had the blackened swordfish and really loved it. Fins only failed at dessert. I ordered the Pecan Pie, which the waiter said they sometimes run out of, but he said he'd set one aside for me. Between the second and third course he said "your souffle will be right out," or something to that effect. It seems like they weren't able to set aside the Pecan Pie, but instead of asking me what I'd like instead he just decided I should have the "Souffle". Maybe he misheard. The "Souffle" was not a souffle at all, but a ramekin filled with vanilla ice cream - lame.Special Features:
- Last Meal on Our Road Trip SouthRiverRoadTripDined on 8/24/2014This was a fabulous meal for Dan and me, our last before returning to London and I can tell you your food equals and perhaps surpasses the best in our city. The lobster and the octopus starters and the yellow fin tuna and grouper entrees were to die for. Beautifully cooked and served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beerloverVIPDined on 8/24/2014We started with the bbq shrimp and crab potstickers. The shrimp were small and not very well seasoned and the potstickers were in a green, grass tasting sauce. My wife had the grouper and loved it, I had the parm crusted drum and the butter sauce was a little burned and off tasting. The chocolate bomb dessert was outstanding. The biscuits were great, but they were very spotty about giving them out.
- CookieDined on 8/24/2014Excellent service without being overbearing. Interesting menu for us coming from overseas, particularly liked their 'biscuit" best I had in NO. Very disappointed they ran out of their signature dish at 7.30 on a Sunday night, also tried fried green tomatoes for the first time, found them rather bland, maybe that's how they are supposed to be? The quality of the food we had was very good and well presented. Would come again if we lived in NO.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic MealAshleyMLADined on 8/24/2014GW Fins is truly a gem in the heart of the French Quarter. 3 hour parking nearby, delicious food, wonderful waiter (Moose), and excellent wine list. Fantastic every time I visit.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2014Food was delicious. Wide variety to choose from. Staff was very helpful. Did not have to wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experiencetakeitfromthebridgeDined on 8/21/2014Wonderful night out with family - couldn't get our requested server Carl, but Tabitha served us well. Carl did come by to say hi -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar seafood served over loud.ImpudentGourmetDined on 8/21/2014Food was great. Noise bordered on cacophony. Server not especially attentive but OK. Missed several things we asked - including trying to pay him a cash tip. But he's probably hard of hearing from working there. Go when it's not busy if you want conversation with your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New to NOLA sceneMarleneDined on 8/20/2014Thanks to open table we were able to make reservations & get a table within 30 minutes of our requestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely the best!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Terry Flynn and his kitchen staff are amazing in the flavors they create, truly incredible dining experience!Special Features:
- Excellent servicechrissieDined on 8/19/2014The wait staff were wonderful; they were attentive, knowledgeable, and professional. We ordered from the coolinary menu. The appetizers were great. My entree, shrimp and pasta, had a little too much bacon for my taste. The tuna entree was very good. We will definitely come back and try other menu items.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerCaptTomDined on 8/18/2014We had an excellent dinner on my wife's birthday. Service was outstanding and the food was unforgettable. Do yourself a favor and make a reservation to dine here.Special Features:
- Edith WoltmanEdithDined on 8/18/2014Excellent as always, we had been here several times in previous New Orleans visits. Their service and quality of food is consistently great.Special Features:
- Good DecisionChuckDaEngineerDined on 8/18/2014Pulled into New Orleans after a week of travel looking for someplace new to us and after spending half an hour on Yelp and Urbanspoon (accounting for restaurants closed on Mondays) we picked GW Finns for the variety on the menu and the location. Although we hadn't been there before, the menu had plenty of variety and some enticing entrees. We were not disappointed. The food was excellent, service was great, we got there at 1800 hrs and the noise level was pleasant. We were seated by the window so we could people watch and enjoyed the whole experience.Special Features:
- Good dinnerChleonieDined on 8/17/2014I had high expectations for this place. Everyone I know that has been there has raved about it. I was impressed with absolutely everything (cocktail, appetizer, salad) but my entree. I got their signature dish and it was was just ok. My husband got the blackened swordfish and it was dry and over cooked. Not at all what I would expect from a high end seafood restaurant. I enjoyed the atmosphere and our server, Moose, was fantastic.Special Features:
- AWESOME!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/17/2014Our experience was awesome. Oliver our waiter was the greatest. The whole dining experience was one to remember for the rest of our lives!!!Special Features:
- Excellent in all wayscolinDined on 8/17/2014We were celebrating a special occasion, and the outstanding food and service made it even better. Here we enjoyed seafood prepared imaginative ways that you simply cannot get anywhere else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationIshaDined on 8/16/2014The night was absolutely perfect. I was running like an hour late and they still held my table. They had the table set up nice with confetti and a personalized menu for my boyfriend's birthday. Our waiter was super sweet and wished my baby Happy Birthday. This was our second trip there we will definitely go back again.❤️Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, lively atmosphereDeldinerDined on 8/16/2014Excellent choice for great seafood, great ambience and top notch service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GW Fresh FinsMediumRareDined on 8/15/2014Great service, fresh seafood and wrap it up with dessert. It really is that good, oh and try to only eat one biscuit.....impossible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls nightSoloInNolaDined on 8/15/2014First of all, GW Finns was on my NOLA dining bucket list and I was more than excited to take a friend there who was visiting from out of town. But the main reason I chose GWF is because they were on the coolinary month list. However, when we got there we find out that they decided to stop doing it, which was a total bummer. I did have a lil hair on my plate, which working in restaurants- I know this happens, but they handled it well and brought a new dish out to me right away and offered me a free cocktail or dessert (took the cocktail, too full for dessert). Can't remember what I had for my entree but as an appetizer we hAd the lobster dumplings and they were amazing! But there were only 5 of them- not nearly enough!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GW Fins--You have to try this!GingerDined on 8/13/2014My family and I dined at GW Fins twice in two weeks. This restaurant is by far the best seafood restaurant in NOLA--the menu changes daily depending on what seafood is available, so all the dishes are the freshest you can find in the city. Not to miss are the lobster dumplings, blue crab pot stickers, crispy soft shell crab, and crispy pork belly. The scalibut, a GW Fins original, is to die for. The parmesan crusted black drum and number#1 seared yellowfin tuna are definitely a must to try. Don't shy away from the specials, though. Leave room for dessert--they are all delicious, but don't miss the salty malty ice cream pie. The wait staff is spot on--couldn't ask for better service. Love this restaurant and will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't get much betterNateDined on 8/12/2014Have been here before... Will go again. It is a special occasion place because the food is of that caliber. It ain't cheap, but it is worth the price.Special Features:
- wonderfulLovesGWFinsDined on 8/12/2014our first visit to New Orleans and our first "fancy dinner" our our developmentally delayed daughter. The staff was wonderful, it was an adult restaurant and the food was excellent. The staff spoke directly to her and treated her with respect. This is huge as often people speak over her and about her rather then to her. The food came in courses and was so heavenly. The texture and flavor burst in your mouth and the more you chewed the more the flavor and texture changed. Any further trips to New Orleans will include GW FinsSpecial Features:
- Great!KHanebuttVIPDined on 8/12/2014This NOLA restaurant did not disappoint! The crab wontons were delicious and my gnocchi was absolutely yummy, and I'm very picky on gnocchi! My husband loved his swordfish too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday nightchefbourgetDined on 8/11/2014We had a fantastic meal at GW Fins. The food was excellent. The snapper collar appetizer was out of this world. The set us up with a wonderful festive table with complimentary custom menus! I had their white chocolate bread pudding 5 years ago and came back to have it again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at GWlovegoodfoodDined on 8/9/2014The food was good and there was plenty to eat. The fish was fresh and cooked perfectly. We sat in a small dining room that was adjacent to the main room. The service was very good.Special Features:
- Perfect in every way!4friendsDined on 8/9/2014Our dining experience at GW Finns was outstanding in every way! When I made reservations online through OpenTable, I requested a table by the window. We were seated promptly upon arrival and taken to what surely was the best table in the house by a window. When I thanked the hostess, she referenced my seating request and said they were happy to accommodate us. Even though the restaurant was packed out (and quite loud), the service was perfect--beginning to end--as was everyone's dinner. We will definitely return to try other dishes on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.