808 Bienville St.
New Orleans, LA 70112Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gwfins.com/
- Phone: 5045813467
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday from 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Tenney Flynn
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining up to 28 people - restaurant available for buyouts.
A word from GW Fins
Experience the cuisine that has created raving fans of local diners and national and local food critics alike. Chef Tenney Flynn (New Orleans magazine's 2004 "Chef of the Year") ensures the highest quality seafood by flying in products from around the globe and featuring only the best from local waters - both at their seasonal peak. This commitment to freshness, variety and to the guest are some of the many reasons GW Fins prints its menu daily and has received numerous glowing reviews in The Times-Picayune (4 beans), Food & Wine, Southern Living and Esquire magazines. We look forward to serving you soon so we may learn what you think.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
GW Fins - Best Restaurants in French Quarter ›
GW Fins reviews from OpenTable diners
552 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (403)fit for foodies (370)romantic (288)notable wine list (198)good for groups (158)neighborhood gem (142)hot spot (123)vibrant bar scene (47)scenic view (20)late-night find (19)great for lunch (15)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (9)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Lived up to the hypeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014First visit to NOLA and wanted I nice dining experience with my wife. Looked up restaurants was able to get a reservation for next day but at 10:30. We went, nice ambiance. our table was in a nice smaller room. A bit more cozy. Server was great! And oh, the pork belly appetizer with watermelon! That alone was worth the trip to New Orleans. Great start. The entrees were excellent also! To close off we put in an order ahead of their freshly baked apple pie. Now I am a very tough person to impress but impress to the do with this apple pie crust and filling! Scrumptious !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seriously Worth ItJayCDined on 9/27/2014Lots of choices in the Quarter but this place is special place now! Ambiance, decor, service, and of course the good were all exceptional. Had Scalibut. Serious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Yorker loves NOLA gem!DiningDiDined on 9/27/2014The restaurant graciously accommodated my vegetarian dietary restrictions and served my daughter and I a delicious feast. We will enthusiastically recommend GW Fins to anyone visiting NOLA and will eagerly return next time I'm in NOLA!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great weekendOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014Wonderful wait staff Tabatha and Shawn made it a memorable night! We will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food and ServiceDowntownerDined on 9/26/2014We dined at G.W. Fins for the first time last week and had a wonderful experience all around. We were seated very quickly (just enough time to grab a drink at the bar). Our waiter Ryan(?) was outstanding. He provided some great recommendations from the menu and conversed with us throughout the dinner. I can't say enough about how delicious the food was! We had lobster dumplings, the three-wedge salad, blackened swordfish, and "Scalibut." I would be hard-pressed to pick a favorite! Everything was perfect. We recommended G.W. Fins to everyone we knew in our wedding party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall good seafood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/26/2014Great dinner overall. Ordered Salibut which said GW origin from Menu. Highly recommended and both my gfs loved it. I ordered the Chilean sea bass dish..it was like a thai dish with sour soup. I didn't really like it but the fish was great. We had the soft shell crab as appetizer which was great as well. The best part was the biscuit that they served...warm and fresh from oven with whipped butter! The have good selections of red and white wines as well as cocktails. Recommended to make reservation as I can see they do get busy at dinner time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GW= Great WorkSMU89VIPDined on 9/26/2014Was there for brothers 50th bday and was really impressed. It took awhile to order only due to the fact that we couldn't make up our minds. The personalize menu for him was a special touch as well. Great Work GW Fins!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No longer worth the visitOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/26/2014So disappointed in the "new" menu that we didn't stay. Evidently the exec chefs left two days ago. The menu now looks like an expensive bar menu with none of the emphasis on local or creative Mila once had. Two paninis and a burger were entrees. Really?
- AwesomeCasperDined on 9/26/2014Fantastic seafood! Personal attention! And, the three fins drink is dangerously yummy. Will be a regular stop when passing through New OrleansSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of the best places in NOLAunimpressedDined on 9/26/2014I had been to Fins before, but took my wife for the first time. We both agreed that it is one of the best overall dining experiences in the city. My wife has several allergies that we mentioned at the time of the reservation and they were ready and very willing to accommodate them by customizing their dishes. The scallop crudo appetizer was very tasty. I had the "Scalibut" entree and it was DELICIOUS! Halibut, scallops and mushroom risotto...Yum! I did the "salty malty" dessert and it was very good. The service was friendly and fast.Special Features:
- Not disappointed!SheilaDined on 9/25/2014After reading all the great reviews, I can say that every review lived up to the hype! The Scalibut was amazing, as was the Parmesan Crusted Drum. Our server was knowledgable and friendly!Special Features:
- Great FindFoodieforeverDined on 9/25/2014You have to try the Scalibut. It was amazing. Service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Anywhere!CastermmtDined on 9/25/2014GW Fin's is not just the best in New Orleans, it's the best anywhere! The service and food was off the hook. Everything we tried was fantastic. I travel every week or so and have never had such a great restaurant experience. It would be hard for any of the people in the group to not stop in when in the area. I only have 2 but have to give them 10 thumbs up!Special Features:
- Astonishingly perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/25/2014Everything about this dining experience was superb - it was a special occasion and they certainly know how to help their diners celebrate special occasions. Marlon was beyond fabulous as our waiter, and the food (from the appetizers to the entrees to the desserts) were all one better than the next. If I were forced to identify one thing that you should just NOT miss, it would likely be the braised pork belly with watermelon appetizer and the soft shell crab. But this is worth every penny!Special Features:
- Exceptional dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2014Exceptional service, food, atmosphere. Caring staff that made you feel special. No rushing, nor attitude. The staff's attention to detail was unbelievable.We were celebrating 50th birthday- they pulled out all the stops! (won't spoil the surprise) Food was one of highest quality we've ever experienced. It's not a place to miss when in New Orleans. Puts Em... to shame.Special Features:
- This place is amazing!PinkflyDined on 9/24/2014Came to this restaurant by recommendations from the hotel and I must say, it was amazing! The staff was super friendly, the apps (lobster dumpling, BBQ shrimp) and the Scalibut was to die for! A must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014The restaurant is very nice, de service is excellent but the food is the protagonistSpecial Features:
- Great seafoodJulieDined on 9/23/2014We always enjoy trying new seafood dishes here. Some great surprises.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster Fest!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/23/2014Why only 1 week a year? So good! You should offer that every day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerBobbyDined on 9/23/2014My wife and I picked this restaurant because of the reviews online. We're so glad we did. We were fortunate we got a reservation that same night since we are looking for a special place to celebrate our anniversary. They sure made our night very special and a night to remember in New Orleans. Great food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excelente servicioOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014La comida es deliciosa, el ambiente y el servicio es muy bueno.. el tamaño es poco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining experience I've hadExcellentDined on 9/22/2014Impeccable service, delicious food, great wine list and knowledgeable staff. What a great way to end my vacation in New Orleans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a positive dining experienceStellaDined on 9/22/2014We live in the quarter and have access to a world of fine dining and great food. Gw Finn is our FAVORITE! Always consistent with good food and fabulous service. Going back tomorrow!!Special Features:
- Always something new...NOLA4usDined on 9/21/2014Everytime we dine at Fins, we are introduced to a new experience. The menu changes based on the daily fresh catch and it is FRESH. If you don't think you're a seafood person, go here. They'll change your mind. If you are a seafood person, you won't be disappointed. In a town full a great seafood, Fins stands out.Special Features:
- Great food big restaurantSpencer428Dined on 9/21/2014Excellent food. The blue crab potstickers looked amazing, but not much crab taste at all. Maybe not the right vehicle for blue crab. Waiter was very professional, but a bit "haughty" and never really connected with us. Challenge for big restaurants to be personal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- doubleeDined on 9/21/2014always excellent - very consistent seafood . Biscuits are to die for - homemade drop kind !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChachaDined on 9/21/2014This is the place for fish. Love the selections. Love the composition of the plates. Overall the restaurant has a fantastic idea: good, healthy food. However the execution falls short. The lobster bisque only had two very small pieces of lobster in it. The lobster roll was overly salty. The stuff Maine lobster was blasé. The Pompano fish with the crab fritters and watermelon salsa was very good. The John Dory not so good. The fried softshell crab was excellent. Overall the quality does not match the price. The wait staff is just outstanding. Our waiters were knowledgeable, polite, attentive and entertaining. I might go back just to see them againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service needs work.sjSDDined on 9/20/2014We were seated just before the tables on either side of us so we ordered before either of them did. But both tables got their food before us. That's including their appetizers where we didn't even order one.While the waiter did apologize, it was just a bummer. It's not like we ordered anything that takes forever to cook. (Fish). And then the waiter never really came back to check on us. We were also told by 2 different waiters that they'd bring more rolls to us but we didn't get them until the end of the meal. The food itself was fantastic but good service goes a long way. I would still recommend this place but maybe not as enthusiastically.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FindSweetDined on 9/20/2014The food, the service, the ambience all superb . It was so good we went back a second night!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 34th Anniversary DinnerJandTDined on 9/20/2014Got there a 1/2 hour early and only had to wait 5 minutes for our table and was immediately greeted with "Happy Anniversary" by the hostess. When we arrived at our table it was decorated with a rose, glitter, and a special menu that had our names and anniversary greetings printed on it. Our waiter provided excellent recommendations, we chose the lobster dumplings with scalibut entree and pork belly with watermellon and John Dory fillet. Both did not disappoint. The dinners were very satisfying so we decided to skip desert but our waiter decided to surprise us with a complimentary mousse bomb served with another plate with "Happy Anniversary" wrote in chocolate. All this attention to detail was impressive, we really enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem for DinnerTheBestDined on 9/20/2014First visit to this restaurant. Great service from hostess to servers. Plenty of food and wine choices. The fish selections were unique and difficult to make a decision as they all sounded delicious. Thoroughly enjoyed everything. Selected this restaurant for a birthday dinner and exceeded expectations. Everyone was attentive and pleasant. The food was fresh and delicious. Highly recommend as this was a great experience. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary Dinner!DSmithDined on 9/19/2014GW Fins really kicked off our 20th Anniversary trip to NO. We had never utilized OpenTable before. We were having a crazy week at home prior to leaving for our trip & had neglected to make reservations for a special dinner until the day before we left. The OpenTable reservation process was almost too easy! We arrived early for our 9:15 reservation so we could have drinks at the bar. The hostess retrieved us and brought us to our table on time. I had indicated in the reservation that we were celebrating our anniversary but had no expectations of anyting extra. WOW! The table was specially decorated, we were given complimentary dessert. Our servers were especially attentive, Thank you. We were so pleasantly surprised! Great food too!!!Special Features:
- excellent4carolinaDined on 9/19/2014The ambiance of the restaurant,the food, the service was outstanding. Our waiter recommended excellent choices for food, he was funny, knowledgeable and made our anniversary dinner memorable. Would definitely return if we are in New Orleans again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite NOLA restaurantJulieVIPDined on 9/18/2014Wonderful dinner. Great service. Amazing fish selections that everyone at the table enjoyed. Lobster ravioli appetizer not to be missed, as were the blue crab pot stickers. A favorite spot when over I'm in New Orleans.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/18/2014Outstanding food and service; can't wait to eat there again.Special Features:
- Best Dining Experience in YearsLeftyLovesFoodDined on 9/18/2014First time in New Orleans, wanted seafood and GW Fins did not disappoint. Mentioned that we were celebrating a birthday and the staff did a fabulous job making us feel special (decorated table, personalized menu, dessert). Our server was very knowledgeable, made great recommendations (food & beverage) and paced the meal perfectly. The food, from start to finish, was superb. Fresh, flavorful and perfectly prepared and presented. The restaurant was very busy, but the atmosphere was still relaxed. Next time we visit NOLA, we will definitely dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2014Great food every time! Ambience and service very energetic for our NO vacaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!SailKittyDined on 9/18/2014The food was unbelievably good. The service was attentive, friendly, but not intrusive. Don't miss this one!Special Features:
- Our first visitNOLA2014Dined on 9/17/2014Food and service were excellent! Noise level was not conducive to carrying on a private conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 stars!MleporeDined on 9/17/2014From the hostesses to the bartenders and esspecially the servers, the service is excellent! The restaurant is setup well and has beautiful floor to ceiling windows, great for people watching, but you'll probably be enjoying your food too much to notice. We ordered the lobster appetizers and the shrimp remoulade salad to start, the parmesan crusted sheepshead (fish) as our entree, and Ban-Nila for dessert. All were amazing and very well prepared! It almost made me wish we had ordered a second entree, but we were very full after the dessert. This was our favorite meal and best dining experience in all of New Orleans! If your enjoy great food, then don't miss this place!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.