Guy's American Kitchen and Bar
220 West 44th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Guy's American Kitchen and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.guysamerican.com/
- Phone: 6465324897x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
A word from Guy's American Kitchen and Bar
Guy’s American Kitchen & Bar will showcase a wide-ranging menu full of the big, bold flavors Fieri is known for, as well as three full bars, a California-centric wine list, and an extensive draft beer program featuring signature beers craft brewed for Fieri right in New York City.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Guy's American Kitchen and Bar - Best Restaurants in Theater District / Times Square ›
Guy's American Kitchen and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
369 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (171)kid-friendly (159)great for lunch (140)fit for foodies (114)hot spot (88)late-night find (67)neighborhood gem (66)special occasion (61)vibrant bar scene (56)great for brunch (24)romantic (12)notable wine list (9)scenic view (8)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Guy Hits a Home Run in NYC!scottyVIPDined on 10/18/2014Believe the hype! This place has food worthy of Celeb Chef status…. What a treat to taste some of the great food seen on tv… Best part is the vibe inside is not like most big Times Square restaurants… It is not deafening! Great music payed in the background and our server was perfectly attentive! I can't wait to brave the lunacy of times Sq to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We are such fans of Guy's and we thoroughly enjoyed his food. The nachos we're delish and we now understand what he means when he talks about building layers of flavor. Service was great and we felt special which was nice because we were there to celebrate my daughter and her two year cancer free anniversary. So thanks it is a great memory now which we will cherish for all time! We will recommend to all when visiting NYC that Guy's restaurant is a must do!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/18/2014Guy's restaurant is a typical themed restaurant in times square. The food at these type of restaurants are never great. Guy's restaurant had good food. Not great, but better than most other themed restaurants. Food and drinks will cost you about $50 per person.Special Features:
- Wow what a find!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Those ribs!!! Whoa!! Guy you really nailed it!! What a great place! Will come back every time I'm in the city!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our New FavoritefavoriteDined on 10/15/2014This was our second time at Guys. We loved our choices from our first visit, but tried some new entrees. Once again, the food was great. Our server was wonderful, made some great suggestions and was very attentive. We go to Broadway shows often and this be our "regular" spot to get dinner from now on.Special Features:
- Great placeTheatreCrazyDined on 10/15/2014The perfect place for a great meal after spending a beautiful day in NYC. Located in the middle if the theatre district is just so convenient and easy to find. The food was delicious and there's whether you choose from whether you want a light salad , which was great especially since I added the grilled chicken ..yummy..or a full dinner like Guys meatloaf..not just any meatloaf.. There's shrimp specialty sandwiches with that New Orleans kick too. Just a great place with plenty of space and excellent service from the moment you enter until the time you leave, everyone is extremely polite, courteous and helpful. Enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okayGoodVIPDined on 10/14/2014I had read mixed reviews and still wanted to try it. The service was very very slow and it wasn't that busy. We both ordered the ribs. They were good. The fries and slaw were less so. Below average. The fried ice cream was recommended. Awful. Would never order again. I expect more from Guy since he is supposed to be the food perfectionist. Two people, ribs, one fried ice cream and one beer each was $90. Only in NY.
- Theater District FindlovefoodVIPDined on 10/14/2014Choices range from salads, sandwiches & burgers to full entrees. My friend had bbq ribs & I had the bbq shrimp wrapped in bacon. There were 6 jumbo shrimp. Portions were large, the food was delicious. Tables spaced to allow private conversation. Music not blasting. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Guy deliversSouthernvisitorVIPDined on 10/14/2014Service was very attentive. The meatloaf was terrific, great flavor & tasty mash potatoes. The hot fudge dessert was disappointing, all brownie, no fudge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, poor service!JenMDined on 10/12/2014We had a 6:00 reservation and arrived at 5:40 after our play. We were seated right away....great! Took forever for the waitress to come over although the lower level was only half full and she wasn't alone. Finally got drinks then she disappeared and we waited and waited to order. Finally order appetizers and main course. Got appetizer rather quickly and asked three different people for silverware...really?!? By the time we started our appetizer the main course arrived. Food was good, but we weren't happy to have so much on our table.Special Features:
- Started off good.GuyfanDined on 10/12/2014Started of good. Buuuut, our server disappeared after the apps. I managed to flag him down for a second beer, but that came after I was done eating and my wife never got a chance to order a second one. Disappeared again and I just went to the host to pay. Felt like a prisoner. Also. Don't order the ribs. You will regret it. Sorry Guy. Big fan though.Special Features:
- Fun diner-ish FoodexMtlDined on 10/12/2014This is the place for American classic diner food taken to a different and often better place. It is not fine dining. It is not gourmet. It is burgers and wings and chicken fingers, Ceasar salads, mac and cheese and fries - great, garlicky cheesy fries. The basics are shaken up, added to, and all for the good. Nothing is going to blow your mind, but we came with a group of 4 adults and 4 kids, which included 3 vegetarians, 2 insanely picky people and one major carnivore. We all left full, happy and with doggy bags. The salads were fresh and not all outside/dark/limp leaves such as I have had at high-end super expensive restos. My only complaint was the salt level but that is always an issue for me. Free drink refills!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceBoopieDined on 10/11/2014I watch Guy's grocery games and decided to look online for a restaurant of his. When I located one in Manhattan I decided to go for my Birthday. The reservation a party of 4, provided us the privilege to walk right in and be seated. The staff and waiter were all friendly. There was a variety of food to try. The food along with the dessert was great. My 16 year old took pictures of everything that was placed on the table. This was the first time that my kids and I had Fried Ice cream and it was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and drinkcolleen673Dined on 10/11/2014Everything was fabulous but the calamari was a little disappointing -- not much flavor unless dipped in the accompanying sauce (which was GREAT). Will definitely go back, with or without children.Special Features:
- Just okay....mapamaDined on 10/10/2014Was expecting a lot more especially in food....just okay.Special Features:
- Good for casual mealKlunVIPDined on 10/10/2014In the heart of times square. Buffalo meatloaf was really good. Good comfort food after a long day of touring the city.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't Disappoint!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/9/2014Highlight of our stay in NY. We will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better food than serviceArkansasgalDined on 10/9/2014The food was great! I would recommend eatin here in casual dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZZGrannyDined on 10/8/2014Everything here is pretty awful....burgers were not bad...if you are with children who are going to eat burgers and that's it, then this barely beats McDonalds...it's just a joint in Times Square which I normally avoid, but it was the grand children's first time in NYC...Special Features:
- Standard....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014This restaurant was okay. The food was okay but nothing memorable. There are many restaurants in NYC and this was a destination restaurant for the name only. Upon our arrival, service was mediocre and unenthused. I put in reservations which I thought was helpful being NYC but there were very few people in the restaurant during dinner time; therefore, a reservation was a mute point.Special Features:
- Guy's experienceJoseLuisfromEcuadorDined on 10/4/2014That was a surprise find the Guy's restaurant at NY, when i find it I did the book quickly, I could let it pass, I'm a big fan of Guy and I couldn't loose the chance to be therreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience with so so foodCBHAWKPADined on 10/3/2014Guy would expect more from a restaurant than what this offers. Yellow fin tuna awesome, rest of food ok. Disappointed I. Fries. Robert Irvine would say this is why the restaurant is failing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2014This place is located in the heart of Time Square. Unfortunately, it also comes with the overpriced food given its location. The food is okay but is typical of regular restaurant bar food.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2014This was a last minute decision to eat here. Everyone loved their dinner, each had a special twist of a classic dish, with unique flavors. Atmosphere was eclectic and fun. Would definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Great food in a a great atmosphere. Service was a little slow but no other concerns; overall an excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeRckstrDined on 9/27/2014I really loved this place and the steak was amazing I will be returning very soon!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big Let DownAKinNYCDined on 9/26/2014We just love to watch Guy on the Food Network so we were very excited to eat at his restaurant. What a waste of time and money. The food and beverages were so over priced for what they were. The calamari was EXTREMEMLY spicy and over cooked. Our expectations were high but with good reason based on Guy's reputation. What a shame that it didn't come close to meeting them. That being said, our server was great!!
- I Love New YorktxradmanDined on 9/26/2014Thank You, for a wonderful dining experience. Staff that goes above and beyond>Special Features:
- Just okValentine214VIPDined on 9/26/2014I guess I expected to be bowled over by Guys American Bar and Grill but I really was not. We ordered the Ri Calamari and the rotisserie chicken dinner. We are from RI so I was not expecting that the calamari would be so spicy and hot. The rings of calamari were also cut a little too thick. The chicken dinner was good but certainly not great. The breast portion of the chicken actually bordered on dry. Our server Michael was personable and pleasant. Michael our server suggested the fried ice cream for dessert so we went with his suggestion. Again it was ok but not really great. Overall the food is not terrible but not really what I would expect from a food channel chef. I would say I would not hurry back.Special Features:
- Great Experience!Jules728Dined on 9/25/2014The food, service and overall experience at Guy's American Kitchen in NYC was amazing! The appetizer, dinner and dessert were all delicious!!!! Our waitress was so personable and helped to make our dining even more enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarolDined on 9/24/2014The food was great and the service was great. Will be back again.Special Features:
- Interesting ambiance, decent foodUKtouristDined on 9/24/2014The appetisers we had of chicken wings and pulled pork soft tacos were better than average. The main course of Rosemary chicken was average. The interior was suitably pleasant and the service was fine. All in all, an acceptable meal for the price, amibiance and location next to Times Square.
- Great FindNYCAddictDined on 9/20/2014The food was great. The service was great. Would definitely recommend to everyone.Special Features:
- Loved it!AgrneyedrnDined on 9/20/2014Our group of 6 had reservations for 5:30om. We were seated promptly and the waiter was great! We loved the food and the selection was vast enough for everyone to find what they liked. I especially loved the decor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited but tasty menuVisitingfromPhillyDined on 9/20/2014The American fare menu was limited. But the Cajun pasta was fantastic. I would recommend that dish. Waitress could have been more attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful cheesecakeCheesecakeDined on 9/19/2014Food was delicious we had the pulled pork sliders, roasted chicken, and Awesome chicken tenders. The best was the cheesecake for dessert because of its homemade whipped cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed.Tmccrary98Dined on 9/18/2014I was very excited to visit one of guys restaurants. I was very disappointed in the service and the food. Same food I would get at an Applebee's or TGIF. We were a group of 4 and were all disappointed. Would not go again.
- Yummy!MelissWDined on 9/14/2014We got in with our reservation quickly. The entire process of being seated, ordering, receiving our food, ordering dessert and paying were all excellent. The food was delicious. The menu has many unique items so we may be back to try more. We enjoyed the food we did pick and dessert as well. The food was well seasoned without leaving an after taste. We caught a Broadway show before this meal. It is located within steps from many popular theaters. Will return again!Special Features:
- Go elsewhere!SimplyHonestVIPDined on 9/13/2014With all his shows and emphasis on flavor his restaurant falls way short. Common bar food. No real flavors to speak of. Servers were nice. Bar was adequate and was probably the only reason we stayed because honestly the drinks were good. With so many places to eat on NYC there is no reason to eat here. He needs to improve his restaurant or close.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The food was absolutely amazing!!!! I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who is visiting Time Square NYC!Special Features: