Guy's American Kitchen and Bar
220 West 44th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Guy's American Kitchen and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.guysamerican.com/
- Phone: (646) 532-4897
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
A word from Guy's American Kitchen and Bar
Guy’s American Kitchen & Bar will showcase a wide-ranging menu full of the big, bold flavors Fieri is known for, as well as three full bars, a California-centric wine list, and an extensive draft beer program featuring signature beers craft brewed for Fieri right in New York City.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Guy's American Kitchen and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
379 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (197)kid-friendly (154)fit for foodies (128)great for lunch (128)hot spot (92)late-night find (63)neighborhood gem (62)special occasion (59)vibrant bar scene (55)great for brunch (18)romantic (9)scenic view (7)notable wine list (6)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/20/2014I had read the reviews when the restaurant first opened. They were very negative but over time the reviews improved. Vi was looking for an inexpensive place to go before the theatre. There were 8 in our party. The place is huge and was almost empty when we got there at 5p. I ordered a dinner salad with rotisserie chicken. The only reason I knew there was chicken in it was that was the name of the dish. They should be embarrassed with the amount of chicken that was in the salad. I had to go digging for it. At $41 per person, this place was definitely not worth it and I won't return.
- Go anywhere elsejziellyDined on 11/16/2014It was a sunday nite, so it might have been the B team… while our server was a nice guy, I don't think he was trained… dishes sat on our table while he brought the dessert. food was awful. I ordered the baked ziti and it came with pieces of too big and undercooked veggies sitting in a broth type liquid and a piece of non melted mozzarella placed on top.. gross! the nachos were gross… the pretzel chicken was good though… I filled up on that … no water was offered… we waited for drinks. I thought it might be a fun place for a 16 year old bday… but wrong… the fact a guy was passing out coupons on the corner should have been my first warning...
- IM GLAD I FINALLY WENTRANDA1Dined on 11/15/2014WENT TO GUYS ON SAT NIGHT PLACE WAS PRETTY FULL BUT NOT PACKED AS ITS THREE FLRS I WAS SO FULL I NEEDED SOMEONE TO ROLL ME OUT LOL THE PULLED PORK SLIDERS WERE OK THE MONGOLIAN WINGS WERE AMAZING NOT TO SPICY BUT SPICY ENOUGH NOT TOO SWEET DRINKS WERE GOOD AND NOT TOO BAD PRICE WISE FOR TIMES SQUARE ALL IN ALL GOOD TIME HAD BY ALL AND OUR WAITER WAS REALLY NICE AND GAVE MY GIRLFRIEND AND I A FREE SHOT FOR MY BDAY VERY NICE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2014Exceeded expectations in every way. We were seated immediately when we arrived early for our reservation. Knowledgeable, attentive and friendly waiter, great food and reasonably priced for the location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKYoconshyVIPDined on 11/15/2014Appreciated the round table for our large group. Fries = fantastic. Same for calamari. Food overall was just ok. Loved that they carry PBR. Way too loud, and that is to be expected for NY.Special Features:
- Great dinnercsb327Dined on 11/15/2014I booked our family of 4 (2 kids - 11 & 8) on Saturday evening through Open Table. We arrived about a 1/2 hour early and they sat us upon arrival. Our waitress was great - she was patient as we had questions and food allergies to talk about. There was plenty of kid friendly choices. Our appetizer was delicious - italian nachos. Our meals were fantastic. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Average at bestMommynickyDined on 11/15/2014Restaurant had great ambiance and feel to it. We were seated right away and the service was excellent. Our food came quickly and our server was polite and attentive. Unfortunately, the food was very disappointing. The chicken was dry, rice was undercooked and portions were small. Dessert was a disappointment as well.
- All around great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014I LOVED that the place had a separate dining area for reservations. The staff was great and the food was really good! Definitely recommend it! Proximity to theaters is a plus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun!foodieVIPDined on 11/15/2014Great if you are going to a play. Good for families and couples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average FoodFoodieDined on 11/14/2014I had high expectations with this restaurant after watching all the mouth watering great food that Guy Fieri tries on his show Diners Drive Ins and Dives. But after eating here, I found the food to be mediocre and not necessarily worth the price. Its food that I could get at any chain restaurant. Quality was average and items on the menu were standard.Special Features:
- Good food, Great serviceMarkVIPDined on 11/14/2014We always enjoy eating at Guy's. The food is good and the service is always excellent. The staff is so friendly and accommodating. We recommend the Italian Nachos!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lgeditsBuffaloBillDined on 11/9/2014I haven't come to expect very much from Guy Fieri, but I would think that the major draw of a celebrity chef's restaurant might be food. Unfortunately, the portion sizes at Guy's American clearly overcompensate for the lack of variety and flavor offered in the menu items. This restaurant is like watching one of Guy's TV shows. You enter a vaguely themed restaurant, and there is a mountain of greasy food that sounds more...interesting than, say, appetizing. Look, I didn't expect refined dining, but the menu offers such a bizarre mash-up of offerings filled with pseudo-foodie buzzwords that I'm not really sure what kind of food it is supposed to be. If Fieri is saying this restaurant is a sampling of America, we are in a lot of trouble.Special Features:
- DisappointingAlpinaD3Dined on 11/8/2014We booked a table here for a Saturday evening, mainly based on who the owner is and his D-D & D programme. We left after a very mediocre and forgettable meal....but also $50 lighter!! We ordered the ribs and they were sent back due to the meat being tough and the BBQ coating tasting like a mix of pepper and chilli....just hot, over powering and way to spicy. We also had the pulled pork sliders which were pretty good but certainly nothing special. Times Sq has loads of American diners themed like this one....Planet Hollywood, TGI Friday and Hard Rock Cafe to name a few....Guys needs to up its game if it wants to compete with these similar diners!! Very dissapointing!!! Dave & Jacqui
- Just average - nothing specialvballspiritDined on 11/8/2014It was just ok. The waiter was not all that attentive to our needs. We ordered an appetizer of nachos (which were very good) and before we were halfway through with the nachos, our meal arrived. The timing could have been better. The entrees were lukewarm when they arrived to our table. We had the Nachos appetizer, the "french dip" type sandwich, and the BBQ pork sliders. The two sandwiches were just average. All in all, it wasn't a bad meal, but it wasn't what I was expecting. I went, probably like most people do, for the name and because I love watching Guy on TV. The main convenience was that the restaurant was right across the street from the Shubert Theatre where we were going to see the Broadway Musical, Matilda.
- LIFoodieDined on 11/8/2014Bourbon brown sugar wings were awesome as was the bread pudding. Burger was good but couldn't order it medium rare like Guy always says to do on his shows. Service was great, very attentive and food delivery was very fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOMEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014I would highly recommend this restaurant. Service was quick but friendly and accommodating. Food was absolutely delicious and the atmosphere was exciting and interesting. I would certainly visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guy'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Food is outstanding. The place is clean. Wait staff friendly.Special Features:
- Loved the DecorLoriDined on 11/8/2014I really think the experience would have been better if our waiter had been more attentive. He was supposed to serve our dressing for our salads on the side and bring us both the spicy and non spicy to try. That did not happen. There wasn't a big selection on the menu. I think there could have been a few more salad options; however, there were only two entree salads available. Was looking for the big city dining experience and didn't really get it. I think it was mostly in part to our inattentive waiter. He was too busy socializing with his co-workers. Didn't come by once to see how our food was. My daughter ran out of ketchup and could not get his attention. Next time we saw him was when he brought our check. Loved the decor!!Special Features:
- Love Guy's food styleSpenceDined on 11/7/2014We decided to dine at Guys place like a lot of people who are fans of his show and food preferences. After hearing some negative initial reviews about the place I can say they were totally unwarranted based on my experience. The service was top notch and friendly. The dining room was comfortable and not too noisy. The food was off the hook. The garlic fries are fantastic, the steak I ordered was delicious as were the garlic mashed potatoes and salads. I wish I could have sampled a lot more of the menu items. They also offer a special spiced rum called Monkey Rum that is just great. I hope its available in stores in my area but I think it might a house only special. I fully recommend this restaurant to anyone including foodies.Special Features:
- ConvenientOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014We were going to a show that night. It's very convenient in the heart of Broadway. It was my 4th time here. The food is good. Nothing fancy. Comfort food. Love the chicken & bacon Mac&Cheese. I was told the steak and chicken dishes were also good. Nice beer selection. Good service for such a busy night (Friday). The crowd was mostly tourists.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and service.CheeseDined on 11/7/2014Service was excellent. I ordered the cedar planked salmon and mashed potatoes. My husband had the tuna and my daughter had pulled pork sliders. All the food was delicious. It was kinda pricey - but hey, it's NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday November 7th 2014bernDined on 11/7/2014This was our second trip back to Guy's the food and atmosphere are fun.Special Features:
- Great place to eat in NYCMilwaukeeMooseDined on 11/3/2014Good food. Great staff. Wonderful setting. Can't go wrong here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Electric DiningCashew1210Dined on 11/3/2014Eating at Guy's American Restaurant is like stepping into a hooked on burger joint. Fun decor, nice blend in music and excellent food. Neat to try beers that are made specifically for the restaurant. I appreciated that it was clean and did not seem worn out. The ribs and meatloaf are in the too ten list of my all times rite dining out dishes.Special Features:
- Fun, neat place, great locationAkjaneVIPDined on 11/2/2014Went here to catch a decent meal my last night in the big city after the NYC marathon. We also wanted a place to watch Monday night football. Really enjoyed the atmosphere and the service was great. Had pizza (yummy and big) beer special (great deal!) and left more than satisfied!Special Features:
- wonderful restaurantLvGuysPlaceNYCDined on 11/2/2014my family and I were celebrating my granddaughters 16 birthday and had dinner after a show while in NY, my family and I enjoyed the restaurant, food, service and prices, immensely. we had such a great time there and my sons have posted many pics on facebook of the restaurant, food and location. we would certainly recommend the restaurant to everyone as a must do while in NYC. thanks for a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceJN1225Dined on 11/1/2014We had reserved two tables, one for eight and one for ten, and requested they be near each other. The host was able to create a table for eighteen. We had NYC Marathon runners with us, so we needed a very varied menu. Everything on the menu was served in a beautiful manner.Everyone found food they liked. The service was quick and very friendly. The prices were also very reasonable, especially in the Times Square area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerkinVADined on 11/1/2014Very comfortable and very convenient to the theater district. The Bacon-chicken mac and cheese was the big hit but the salmon and Roast beef sandwich were great too. Will definitely return on our next trip to the city.Special Features:
- Food was amazing, service lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014My niece and I dined at Guys Sat at 6pm before a show. We left plenty of time before the show so that we werent rushed and were glad that we did. We ordered our drinks and app right away. The buffalo blue-sabi wings, we agreed, were the best wings we ever had. They brought the wings quickly but we waited a while for our drinks and had to flag the waiter down to order our mains. I had the Cajun Chicken Alfredo which was very tasty and she had the Volcano Chicken which was very flavorful. We had to flag the waiter down to get water and the check. We were full anyway so desert was not an option but it would have been nice to have had the time to have coffee.Special Features:
- Pre-Theatre dinnerDianeDined on 10/29/2014We had made a reservations for 5. Right before we arrived, we found out that one person would not be meeting us, and the other was not sure. They seated us promptly. It was a good menu for meeting people, because the rage of appetizers, sandwiches and meals was extensive. I actually had a roast chicken with roasted vegetables that was excellent. My friends raved over their sandwiches and desserts. We were seated in the back room beyond the bar, so the noise was minimal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service good foodBmorefoodieVIPDined on 10/28/2014Our service was super friendly and attentive. The food was good, perhaps a little overpriced, but servings were large and, to be fair, prices were comparable to other restaurants near Times Square. Fun atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before a showkatloosDined on 10/28/2014We were seated right away - service was good - not over attentive. Food was good too - not many healthy choices but still good - the other 3 people in my party were very pleased. Funkin Pumpkin ale was outstanding.Special Features:
- Good Pre-theater MealGoodenoughVIPDined on 10/28/2014Enjoyed good cocktails and a tasty dinner here. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Kind of disappointed GuyNatarDined on 10/26/2014i was kind of excited to try Guys American Kitchen. Absolutely love the man a chef and a t.v personality and was interested in the restaurant. I know it was located in Times Square so I was prepared for the tourist driven atmosphere. The food on a whole was bland and defiantly prepared from frozen rather than fresh. I sampled a large verity of the menu because I was with my family and no one was satisfied.Special Features:
- Surprised Guy puts his name on it..SteveFromNJDined on 10/26/2014I'm really surprised Guy puts his name on this place. With Guy's restaurant, I thought that it would be good food. The staff was very nice and pleasant, the menu sounded delicious. However, when the wings came out less than 5 min after ordering it, and the meal came out 10 minutes later, I knew there was a problem. While I don't expect them to smoke ribs when I order them, I also don't expect them to serve the same ribs from lunch either. My wifes chicken was precooked and then covered with sauce when we ordered it. My daughters garlic mashed had been sitting around for a while. The only thing that was made when we ordered it was my kids chicken strips. If I ever end up there, I may try a burger but that's it. We ate dinner at 6:30pm.
- loved it!!!!!!NYCboundDined on 10/26/2014Awesome food!! awesome staff!!!! Great prices!!! My wife and I spent our anniversary dinner there. We are going go back we loved it so much!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was amazing!Happy2eatDined on 10/25/2014We made reservations but really didn't need them when we went at 5:30. The chili fries appetizer was enough for 3. Our dinner portions were large and the pumpkin bear with cinnamon sugar rim was unique and delicious. In the middle of the craziness of Times Square, it was so nice to walk into the restaurant and have a little more peace and quiet. It wasn't overcrowded, we had enough personal space to feel comfortable. The only thing that would have made this better would have been for Guy himself had come and had dinner with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was Great!Lbi2Dined on 10/25/2014We loved the restaurant, service was very good and the food was spot on. Wish there was a Guy's in NJ !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Scrumptious!camieprocDined on 10/25/2014Arrived in New York to see Aladdin and choose to visit Guy"s American Kitchen and Bar because I thought my neice and newphew (10 & 14) knew who he was and would enjoy visiting the restaurant of a known chef. Happily, I can say the restaurant lived up to its reputation. Collectively, we ordered the roasted chicken, the steak and the macaroni and cheese entrees and they were all abolutely scrumptious. The desserts were delicious. The bread pudding...mmmmmmm! Best dessert on the menu. Restaurant is conveniently located in the theater district and the best part of it all is that our waitress (Gabby) was a gem! Very attentive and friendly. All in all, I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone travelling to NYC!Special Features:
- Delicious!BroadwayShowFanDined on 10/25/2014We ate here for lunch before seeing a show. I ordered the half rotisserie chicken which came served in a flavorful gravy with mushrooms, potatoes and seasonal vegetables that were cooked perfectly! The other two dishes ordered (pork sliders and a hamburger) were delicious also! My only complaint was that the music was very loud and we struggled to hear each when talking. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a relaxed atmosphere while visiting the theater district.Special Features: