Guy's American Kitchen and Bar
220 West 44th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Guy's American Kitchen and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.guysamerican.com/
- Phone: 6465324897x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
A word from Guy's American Kitchen and Bar
Guy’s American Kitchen & Bar will showcase a wide-ranging menu full of the big, bold flavors Fieri is known for, as well as three full bars, a California-centric wine list, and an extensive draft beer program featuring signature beers craft brewed for Fieri right in New York City.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Guy's American Kitchen and Bar - Best Restaurants in Theater District / Times Square ›
Guy's American Kitchen and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
367 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (178)kid-friendly (154)great for lunch (139)fit for foodies (116)hot spot (88)late-night find (65)neighborhood gem (62)special occasion (61)vibrant bar scene (56)great for brunch (25)romantic (12)scenic view (9)notable wine list (9)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- great service good foodBmorefoodieVIPDined on 10/28/2014Our service was super friendly and attentive. The food was good, perhaps a little overpriced, but servings were large and, to be fair, prices were comparable to other restaurants near Times Square. Fun atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before a showOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014We were seated right away - service was good - not over attentive. Food was good too - not many healthy choices but still good - the other 3 people in my party were very pleased. Funkin Pumpkin ale was outstanding.Special Features:
- Kind of disappointed GuyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014i was kind of excited to try Guys American Kitchen. Absolutely love the man a chef and a t.v personality and was interested in the restaurant. I know it was located in Times Square so I was prepared for the tourist driven atmosphere. The food on a whole was bland and defiantly prepared from frozen rather than fresh. I sampled a large verity of the menu because I was with my family and no one was satisfied.Special Features:
- Surprised Guy puts his name on it..OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2014I'm really surprised Guy puts his name on this place. With Guy's restaurant, I thought that it would be good food. The staff was very nice and pleasant, the menu sounded delicious. However, when the wings came out less than 5 min after ordering it, and the meal came out 10 minutes later, I knew there was a problem. While I don't expect them to smoke ribs when I order them, I also don't expect them to serve the same ribs from lunch either. My wifes chicken was precooked and then covered with sauce when we ordered it. My daughters garlic mashed had been sitting around for a while. The only thing that was made when we ordered it was my kids chicken strips. If I ever end up there, I may try a burger but that's it. We ate dinner at 6:30pm.
- loved it!!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014Awesome food!! awesome staff!!!! Great prices!!! My wife and I spent our anniversary dinner there. We are going go back we loved it so much!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014We loved the restaurant, service was very good and the food was spot on. Wish there was a Guy's in NJ !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014We ate here for lunch before seeing a show. I ordered the half rotisserie chicken which came served in a flavorful gravy with mushrooms, potatoes and seasonal vegetables that were cooked perfectly! The other two dishes ordered (pork sliders and a hamburger) were delicious also! My only complaint was that the music was very loud and we struggled to hear each when talking. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a relaxed atmosphere while visiting the theater district.Special Features:
- Excellent experienceyankeegrl99Dined on 10/24/2014My party and I had a hard time choosing our meal because the menu looked so good. The Huli Huli Chicken was delicious. A friend ordered the meatloaf and loved his food as well. We all shared the calamari as an appetizer, which was one of the best I've had with just the right amount of spice. I was excited to see that it included the entire squid (both tentacles and rings). For dessert, we tried the fried ice cream which was also very tasty. My boyfriend said it was the closest thing to real Mexican fried ice cream he's had since he lived in California. Service was excellent and the ambience was fun too. Overall, a great experience and I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring a friendMr615LoveDined on 10/24/2014Decided to take some office friends to introduce them to a new experience. I think Guy's will be there next go to place.Special Features:
- It's Applebee's, but worseSassyclaxVIPDined on 10/24/2014Title says it all. TGIFridays. Applebee's. Uninspired microwaved salty slop. Shame on you Guy Fieri.
- Fun, Fun, Fun!PflugieDined on 10/23/2014We loved our visit to Guy's. The food was fantastic and our waiter took excellent care of us. This was a real treat during our NYC visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bel clima e ottimo ciboOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014bel locale con ottima atmosfera. Abbiamo mangiato davvero bene. I piatti erano molto curati è davvero molto buoni. Lo raccomando senz'altro. Prezzi non eccessivi e personale molto corteseSpecial Features:
- Dinner with brotherbkbroilerVIPDined on 10/22/2014Very much enjoyed the California egg roll appetizer as it was different. For main courses we got the meatloaf which was very good (the sauce was tasty) while the ribs were just a little dry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even Guy would be disappointed...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014We booked here as we enjoy Guy on his Diners, Driveins and Dives programme. We live in the UK and thought it would be fun to eat in one of his restaurants during our short trip to New York. To be honest, the food featured in his TV programme was far better to anything served here. The ambience was ok, very open, sports bar type feel, the place was big and at 5.30 pm not busy at all ( we want early as had young kids with us). Food arrived way too quickly for me to feel like it had been cooked fresh to order. Husbands pork shank just looked "pink" and we didn't want to touch it for fear of it being uncooked. Complained to server and they offered anything else, we just took a portion of fries. Even then, average. Wouldn't recommend.Special Features:
- Would go back!idigTexasDined on 10/19/2014Great for watching sports with all the TV's...we enjoyed the food as well. We just ordered several appetizers but they were all really good. Our waitress was very friendly and the overall atmosphere was great! We didn't go here expecting fancy dishes but more casual, spiced up bar food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guy Hits a Home Run in NYC!scottyVIPDined on 10/18/2014Believe the hype! This place has food worthy of Celeb Chef status…. What a treat to taste some of the great food seen on tv… Best part is the vibe inside is not like most big Times Square restaurants… It is not deafening! Great music payed in the background and our server was perfectly attentive! I can't wait to brave the lunacy of times Sq to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceLuvdawineDined on 10/18/2014We are such fans of Guy's and we thoroughly enjoyed his food. The nachos we're delish and we now understand what he means when he talks about building layers of flavor. Service was great and we felt special which was nice because we were there to celebrate my daughter and her two year cancer free anniversary. So thanks it is a great memory now which we will cherish for all time! We will recommend to all when visiting NYC that Guy's restaurant is a must do!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badhypartDined on 10/18/2014Guy's restaurant is a typical themed restaurant in times square. The food at these type of restaurants are never great. Guy's restaurant had good food. Not great, but better than most other themed restaurants. Food and drinks will cost you about $50 per person.Special Features:
- Wow what a find!!Jessie8hereDined on 10/18/2014Those ribs!!! Whoa!! Guy you really nailed it!! What a great place! Will come back every time I'm in the city!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gourmetwinoVIPDined on 10/18/2014This restaurant was a total disappointment. Very limited menu selections. Quality of the food was less than average especially considering it is a Guy Fieri "joint". Pork BBQ was too sweet and definitely not enough meat on the sliders, did not taste like it was barbequed or even cooked in their wood oven, probably roasted in the oven. Fries were good but you can't run a restaurant on Fries alone. Would not recommend this place and will not be back!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014It was fabulous. I used open table to book resveration . so easy got in no problem food was awesome I had mentioned in the comments that it was my hubby to be birthday and they gave him a desert FantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our New FavoritefavoriteDined on 10/15/2014This was our second time at Guys. We loved our choices from our first visit, but tried some new entrees. Once again, the food was great. Our server was wonderful, made some great suggestions and was very attentive. We go to Broadway shows often and this be our "regular" spot to get dinner from now on.Special Features:
- Great placeTheatreCrazyDined on 10/15/2014The perfect place for a great meal after spending a beautiful day in NYC. Located in the middle if the theatre district is just so convenient and easy to find. The food was delicious and there's whether you choose from whether you want a light salad , which was great especially since I added the grilled chicken ..yummy..or a full dinner like Guys meatloaf..not just any meatloaf.. There's shrimp specialty sandwiches with that New Orleans kick too. Just a great place with plenty of space and excellent service from the moment you enter until the time you leave, everyone is extremely polite, courteous and helpful. Enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okayGoodVIPDined on 10/14/2014I had read mixed reviews and still wanted to try it. The service was very very slow and it wasn't that busy. We both ordered the ribs. They were good. The fries and slaw were less so. Below average. The fried ice cream was recommended. Awful. Would never order again. I expect more from Guy since he is supposed to be the food perfectionist. Two people, ribs, one fried ice cream and one beer each was $90. Only in NY.
- Theater District FindlovefoodVIPDined on 10/14/2014Choices range from salads, sandwiches & burgers to full entrees. My friend had bbq ribs & I had the bbq shrimp wrapped in bacon. There were 6 jumbo shrimp. Portions were large, the food was delicious. Tables spaced to allow private conversation. Music not blasting. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Guy deliversSouthernvisitorVIPDined on 10/14/2014Service was very attentive. The meatloaf was terrific, great flavor & tasty mash potatoes. The hot fudge dessert was disappointing, all brownie, no fudge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, poor service!JenMDined on 10/12/2014We had a 6:00 reservation and arrived at 5:40 after our play. We were seated right away....great! Took forever for the waitress to come over although the lower level was only half full and she wasn't alone. Finally got drinks then she disappeared and we waited and waited to order. Finally order appetizers and main course. Got appetizer rather quickly and asked three different people for silverware...really?!? By the time we started our appetizer the main course arrived. Food was good, but we weren't happy to have so much on our table.Special Features:
- Started off good.GuyfanDined on 10/12/2014Started of good. Buuuut, our server disappeared after the apps. I managed to flag him down for a second beer, but that came after I was done eating and my wife never got a chance to order a second one. Disappeared again and I just went to the host to pay. Felt like a prisoner. Also. Don't order the ribs. You will regret it. Sorry Guy. Big fan though.Special Features:
- Fun diner-ish FoodexMtlDined on 10/12/2014This is the place for American classic diner food taken to a different and often better place. It is not fine dining. It is not gourmet. It is burgers and wings and chicken fingers, Ceasar salads, mac and cheese and fries - great, garlicky cheesy fries. The basics are shaken up, added to, and all for the good. Nothing is going to blow your mind, but we came with a group of 4 adults and 4 kids, which included 3 vegetarians, 2 insanely picky people and one major carnivore. We all left full, happy and with doggy bags. The salads were fresh and not all outside/dark/limp leaves such as I have had at high-end super expensive restos. My only complaint was the salt level but that is always an issue for me. Free drink refills!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceBoopieDined on 10/11/2014I watch Guy's grocery games and decided to look online for a restaurant of his. When I located one in Manhattan I decided to go for my Birthday. The reservation a party of 4, provided us the privilege to walk right in and be seated. The staff and waiter were all friendly. There was a variety of food to try. The food along with the dessert was great. My 16 year old took pictures of everything that was placed on the table. This was the first time that my kids and I had Fried Ice cream and it was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and drinkcolleen673Dined on 10/11/2014Everything was fabulous but the calamari was a little disappointing -- not much flavor unless dipped in the accompanying sauce (which was GREAT). Will definitely go back, with or without children.Special Features:
- Just okay....mapamaDined on 10/10/2014Was expecting a lot more especially in food....just okay.Special Features:
- Good for casual mealKlunVIPDined on 10/10/2014In the heart of times square. Buffalo meatloaf was really good. Good comfort food after a long day of touring the city.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't Disappoint!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/9/2014Highlight of our stay in NY. We will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better food than serviceArkansasgalDined on 10/9/2014The food was great! I would recommend eatin here in casual dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZZGrannyDined on 10/8/2014Everything here is pretty awful....burgers were not bad...if you are with children who are going to eat burgers and that's it, then this barely beats McDonalds...it's just a joint in Times Square which I normally avoid, but it was the grand children's first time in NYC...Special Features:
- Standard....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014This restaurant was okay. The food was okay but nothing memorable. There are many restaurants in NYC and this was a destination restaurant for the name only. Upon our arrival, service was mediocre and unenthused. I put in reservations which I thought was helpful being NYC but there were very few people in the restaurant during dinner time; therefore, a reservation was a mute point.Special Features:
- Guy's experienceJoseLuisfromEcuadorDined on 10/4/2014That was a surprise find the Guy's restaurant at NY, when i find it I did the book quickly, I could let it pass, I'm a big fan of Guy and I couldn't loose the chance to be therreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014We enjoyed our visit to NYC and Guy's American Kitchen and Bar was the icing on the cake! All Staff memebers were excellent! Food was excellent! We made reservations and were quickly seated. We were celabrating a birthday! When we are back in NYC we will be back!! 6 stars!!!Special Features:
- Great ambience with so so foodCBHAWKPADined on 10/3/2014Guy would expect more from a restaurant than what this offers. Yellow fin tuna awesome, rest of food ok. Disappointed I. Fries. Robert Irvine would say this is why the restaurant is failing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.